Soccer Rumors

More people will be charged with fixing games in the Italian series

According to Saturday's Daily Mirror, Kevin Keegan is planning a summer move for Udinese's Swiss midfielder Gokhan Inler. The Newcastle manager is eager to add cover for Fenerbahce-bound Emre Belozoglu, and is reported by the paper as having seen Inler perform at Euro 2008.

exactly a player that what we are missing. At least Keegan knows what he is doing.

A few italian newspapers are confirming that Drogba has joined Inter

Chelsea has mage a "Huge" offer for Kaka

Peter Crouch is going to portsmouth

Alejandro Alonso is leaving FC Giridondins de Bordeaux

Freddy Adu has been linked to Monaco in recent days

Arsenal is gonna have to start selling their players because the owner is running out of money

Ronaldinho actually rejected Man City, it looks like he will almost deffinatly be in Milan

I dont think it's a case of the owner's running out of money, especially considering that they're multi-billionaires.

But they wanna pay off the stadium debt before they start splashing the cash again.

Alejandro Alonso is leaving FC Giridondins de Bordeaux

Freddy Adu has been linked to Monaco in recent days

Arsenal is gonna have to start selling their players because the owner is running out of money

Ronaldinho actually rejected Man City, it looks like he will almost deffinatly be in Milan

Freddy Adu..... Huh this guys manager should be shot.. It's a damn shame because he's a great & talented player and can't get into playing for a regular team.

Mastroeni (Colorado) told the team hes moving to spain or italy next season

Arsenal and Man U are trying to get the same players right now... Roque Santa Cruz or Klaas Jan Huntelaar

Ronaldo will miss the EPL opener

Berbetov may join Man U, Barcelona, or Madrid

Arsenal won't spent 20 million plus on any player unless they get rid of Adebayor first.

Arsenal would of spent 0 had either Hleb or Adebayor stayed. Now they have some cash flow and be more than happy to utilize it. Wenger has been a shrewed individual, praising Arshavin then doubting his talents trying to get himself out of a pricing war. Unfortunately he's in trouble since Zenit aren't willing to budge.

Eh Greeny did you watch The Classic game on TheScore, Utd vs Ipswich? Hahaha our boy Frankie Yallop got owned! lol

Mike..how much Sidewell will be earning at Villa?

Details have not been set out as yet but I'm predicting between $35K-$40K a week.

He's going to definitely be a starter but I wouldn't pay too much on a player who has barely played any football.

Messed up thing now is that seems Xabi Alonso ain't moving which means Pool could stall on the price tag of Barry

Na, I missed it. But I remember it though, Andy Cole went crazy that day.

As for Sidwell, he hasn't played much lately, but still has a lot of talent. Really good signing for Villa.

This rumor is not as big as the previous ones you guys are mentioning but in Greece.... Panathinaikos is close on signing Gilberto Silva from Arsenal.
204347.jpg

Me being an Olympiacos fan think that it's a good step for Greek soccer and the league considering we already have Rivaldo playing in AEK Athens and many other stars playing in the league.

The deal is in works as we speak for Panathinaikos and I will keep posting if a "big player" signs in Greece.

Last edited:
Pool just signed Palmeiras keeper Diego Cavalieri, he's an absolute class player, I've seen him many times and it was only a matter of time that a team in Europe saw what he is capable of.

Looks like Quieroz has officially taken over as Portugal manager.

These guys always struggle when they leave Old Trafford, just look at Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren and Carlos Quieroz himself in the past.

But I can't see Fergie bringing back big Carlos again, if things don't work out for him.

Aston Villa are on the verge of completing the signing of Chivas USA GK Brad Guzan. Very highly rated keeper over this part of the world. Up and comer only 24. Villa are also looking to Brad Friedel to help teach Guzan adjust to the game.

I love both keepers. I think Friedel is an absolutely top notch keeper, I find him rather under the radar considering he plays for a smaller club. Be funny to see Villa sign 2 American Keepers with the name Brad.

Sounds like Man United are close to signing Berbatov for 25 mil.

So if Ronaldo does leave, they can play Tevez out wide with Rooney and Berbatov up front.

Fuck Ronaldo, I hope they sell that homo.

Sounds like Man United are close to signing Berbatov for 25 mil.

So if Ronaldo does leave, they can play Tevez out wide with Rooney and Berbatov up front.

Fuck Ronaldo, I hope they sell that homo.

HAHAH Amen to that. He'll screw his career anyways going to Real Madrid. I really really see no difference. Moving to Real isn't a step up at all. I mean come on you win the EPL, you win the CL.....doesn't that make the team you currently on the best? Oh well he can rot there and get heckled. The fans in Spain are far more vocal than in England.

I think having Berbs will complete the attacking line. His aerial skills are what Utd lacked last season so this should be very very interesting to see Him/Tevez/Rooney up there.

All talk for now but seems likely.

I really am starting to get sick of this Ronaldinho fiasco. AC Milan or Man City....make up your freaking mind! If he goes to Man City you know it's money. He ain't going to win shit at that club. Maybe player of the month, that's about it. He better shape up playing in the EPL cause at his current state he'll be on the bench longer than the pitch.

Selling Ronaldo would not be the end of the world for United.

They'd get about 70-80 million for him, which they could use to get Berbatov for 25, a solid right-back like Micah Richards for 20 and still have 20-30 million left over.

Not bad at all getting Berbatov, Richards and 30 million for Ronaldo.

I've seen better players than Ronaldo.

I really do not fancy his character, at this point he thinks he is Man Utd....I beg to differ. Alex Ferguson and the team made Ronaldo who he is.

remember when ronaldinho was the best player in the world? Wasnt that like a year or two ago?

now hes moving to Milan and its only for 20 mil euros??

Messi is definitely one of the best in the world at the moment but w/ soccer it's hard to compare these guys. Different positions age teams etc.

Top five players (in no particuliar order/posotions)

Messi
C Ronaldo
Kaka
Torres
Buffon

remember when ronaldinho was the best player in the world? Wasnt that like a year or two ago?

now hes moving to Milan and its only for 20 mil euros??

Smoke
He's 28 by the time you've reached the mark of 25 that is when your price tag starts to swing. 20mil Euros is still a lot of money for a player that is of his age.

He has lost of a lot of momentum after certain injuries, but you could also blame the lifestyle of Barcelona. Too much partying, lack of leadership. Thus that is why Ronaldinho has gotten fat very quickly. The staff did not help him in his time of need.

He also did not play a lot during last season and that really takes it's toll on the price tage. His performances have been mediocore when he did play so AC Milan has taken advantage of that.

IMO, this signing is going to rejuvenate Ronaldinho. He's playing along side Kaka and Pato both whom are devoted Christians and are very very humble characters. AC Milan is a very mature club and having a player such as Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, and Kaladze to train with is much more motivating, old school mentality. I won't be surprised if Ronaldinho gets back into the form he once use to have.

In other news Hleb is a Barcelona player tomorrow.

Tottenham are leading the race for Bentley, apparently they have tabled a 17mil bid + player offer for Bentley.

This rumor is not as big as the previous ones you guys are mentioning but in Greece.... Panathinaikos is close on signing Gilberto Silva from Arsenal.
204347.jpg

Me being an Olympiacos fan think that it's a good step for Greek soccer and the league considering we already have Rivaldo playing in AEK Athens and many other stars playing in the league.

The deal is in works as we speak for Panathinaikos and I will keep posting if a "big player" signs in Greece.

####################################################

Gilberto Silva has arrived in Greece and was greated by around 1,500 fans waiting at the airport Here are some pics:

195242.jpg

194445.jpg

193435.jpg

195037.jpg

Newcastle look close to signing Pablo Aimar.

But if the Geordies ever seriously want to contend, they need to spend their money on good defenders.

I was listening to Greek Radio Station and they are saying that he's going to sign for 40 million Euros.............. WTF

1 word for that idiot SELLOUT

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=929 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=5></TD><TD vAlign=top width=560><!--pdSearchRenderRequest $pdSearchRenderRequest --><SCRIPT language=javascript1.2 src="/a1mediajs/site/a1js/nav_nw.js"></SCRIPT><TABLE class=bodytext cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD width=2>
blank.gif
</TD><TD> </TD><TD width=2>
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bodytext cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7>
blank.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext height=7>>> ASIAONE / NEWS / LATEST NEWS / ASIA / STORY </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- start story details --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=7>
blank.gif
</TD></TR><!--tr> <td colspan="3"> </td> </tr--><!-- ~RENDER PAGE MARKER~ --><!-- Story With Image Start --><TR><TD vAlign=top width=350>
20080718.141213_mcthaksin.jpg
</TD><TD width=5>
blank.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=200><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD height=81>
blank.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content_subtitle align=left>Fri, Jul 18, 2008
The Nation, ANN </TD></TR><TR><TD height=15>
blank.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD height=15>
blank.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right><FORM name=emailToFriendForm action=emailToFriend.jsp method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=/vgn-ext-templating/asiaone/emailToFriend.jsp?vgnextoid=729a54c21c43b110VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD&vgnextchannel=d4b68b0ae8722110VgnVCM100000bd0a0a0aRCRD name=emailToFriendPageURL> <INPUT type=hidden value=http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20080718-77434.html name=emailToFriendStoryLink> </FORM><SCRIPT> function openEmailWindow(emailToFriendForm) { var emailToFriendPageURL = emailToFriendForm.emailToFriendPageURL.value; emailToFriendForm.action = emailToFriendPageURL; emailToFriendForm.target="_blank"; emailToFriendForm.submit(); } </SCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><!-- TITLE : start -->Manchester City turns to feng sui <!-- TITLE : end--></TD><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=15>
blank.gif
</TD></TR><!-- Story With Image End --><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=3><!-- CONTENT : start -->Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, owner of Manchester City have turned to feng shui in a bid for glory.
Magic crystals have been buried under the pitch and symbols placed at various points at the Blues' Eastlands home ahead of the new season, reported Manchester Evening News.
Several have been dug under the centre circle and more will be buried under the corner flags to `energise players' and `create harmony'.

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="/static/ads/scripts/adsimu.js"></SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=300 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
<!-- AdSpace 300X250 A1-News IMU --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://ads.asia1.com.sg/js.ng/site=tasiaonenews&sec=asiaonea1news&pagepos=1&size=300X250" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://ads.asia1.com.sg/DartRichMedia_1_03.js"></SCRIPT><!-- Sniffer Code for Flash version=80 --><SCRIPT language=VBScript> on error resume next ShockMode = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.8")))</SCRIPT><OBJECT id=flashad codeBase=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0 height=250 width=300 classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>

<EMBED SRC="http://adimage.asia1.com.sg/2008/soshiok/may09/soshiok_2008may13_300x250_imu.swf?clickTag=http%3A//ads.asia1.com.sg/event.ng/Type%3Dclick%26FlightID%3D16226%26AdID%3D19599%26TargetID%3D2065%26Segments%3D1%2C81%2C238%2C564%2C999%2C1211%2C1779%2C1780%2C1784%2C2000%2C2061%2C2130%2C2355%2C2410%2C2428%2C2433%2C2472%26Targets%3D2065%2C1720%2C2838%2C2847%26Values%3D31%2C51%2C60%2C85%2C91%2C100%2C110%2C130%2C186%2C196%2C266%2C942%2C969%2C992%2C1480%2C1487%2C2253%2C2762%2C2807%2C2865%2C2908%2C2920%2C4074%2C4087%2C4118%2C4119%2C4120%2C4335%2C4337%2C4342%2C5640%2C5663%26RawValues%3D%26Redirect%3Dhttp%3A%252f%252fwww.soshiok.com" QUALITY=autohigh NAME=flashad swLiveConnect=TRUE WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=250 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT><NOEMBED>
dot.gif
</NOEMBED><NOSCRIPT>
dot.gif
</NOSCRIPT><NOSCRIPT> </NOSCRIPT><!-- /AdSpace --></P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
More will be embedded into concrete posts in the walkways leading to the ?90m stadium.
And the club's shop is selling buddhas and three-legged money toads as they crank up their bid for success on the pitch.
The online have claimed the new methods are down to the Blues' billionaire Thai owner Thaksin Shinawatra.
But chief executive Garry Cook said that the move came after an innocent chat between himself and one of the club's overseas bosses.
He said: "We were talking about feng shui and I thought it would be great to bring it to Manchester City.
"It promotes positive energy and prosperity and is a fantastic philosophy. On that basis we placed a few strategic symbols at points around the ground and let's hope it brings us some good fortune."
Cook added: "It's just like a Catholic putting a crucifix on the wall. When I worked at Nike in America we embraced all races, cultures and religions and it's a good thing to do."
Many long-suffering Blues fans will not be surprised by the attempts to banish the bad luck that has plagued the club.
Rumour had it that their old Maine Road ground in Moss Side was cursed. Some say it was built on an old travellers' site - a rumour that grew when the club struggled on the pitch.
Former player, author and radio pundit Fred Eyre, welcomed the news. He said: "The old groundsman at Maine Road, Stan Gibson, reckoned there was a horse and cart buried under Maine Road.
"This kind of thing has been talked about for years - only now it's got an Oriental twist."
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Man was probably born in 1980.

And Ronaldo is wearing 99 so the number 80 wont stick out that much.

If Ronaldo ever comes back.

after signing freddie eastwood and big clinton morrison this summer, coventry are listening to offers for want away striker michael mifsud.

Back