****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

well that was faster than expected! But still long way to go but Colombia has to stop the bleeding but yeah they could use a timeout here

No, I have Colombia to advance as the final leg of some Argy bets from last night and then I have them over .5 goals here.

The advance isn't happening. Or at least, if it did it would be a miracle based on the quality of what I'm seeing from Chile. But I'll take the goal, it will make the damage less extensive.

Yeah, I think Colombia can score. And to your earlier point, Colombia would be smart to use this injury as a a timeout to get back on the same page.

Yes almost in good save. And I think it's one of the things I love about futbol is you cannot call timeout everytime the coach feels his team loses the momentum and to stop a run from the other team, the only time you can breath is at the half time. Excluding injuries breaks sometimes faked but I've been pleasantly suprised at the Euros and this Copa with the fairplay the teams have shown.

Agreed. I think by the time both of these tourneys are done, we're going to have a lot of great, really well-played matches.

Yes can't wait for this weekend we should see some great games. Switzerland-Poland to start the weekend I would be happy with a 1-0 for us and then we can see plenty of goals for the rest of the games hopefully

If Colombia plays better in the last third of the pitch they should score 1 or 2 in the 2nd half.. Chile is easily disorganized at the back

I agree. Also, if magic were to happen and Colombia came all the way back, Argy would split this team in half. Colombia is far less disciplined at the back than I thought.

But Chile is giving Colombia a ton of space, which honestly is a really bad idea. Colombia is not one of these teams that struggles to get shots on goal. They can finish.

I agree. Also, if magic were to happen and Colombia came all the way back, Argy would split this team in half. Colombia is far less disciplined at the back than I thought.

But Chile is giving Colombia a ton of space, which honestly is a really bad idea. Colombia is not one of these teams that struggles to get shots on goal. They can finish.

Looks like a common theme in the few games I've watched at this Copa...! At least it's certainly a big difference with the Euros where almost all teams except Russia have been really well organised defensively as a unit and not just the defense.

Argentina should win quite easily in the final but at the same time Chile beat them last year in the final so will be interesting to watch, Chile or Colombia as it's not over!

Also, for the record, I'm totally rooting for you guys vs. Poland. I like the Swiss team, I think they're fun to watch.

Let's hope so! I think we have played good so far, can be better in the front of the goal and will have to be to advance, but Poland had plenty of holes in their defense against Ukraine, I'm a homer but I believe we should be favorites to qualify on Saturday.

I totally agree with you about Euro, even the really bad teams (cough, Sweden, cough) were relatively strong at the back. Or, at least, they fell back with numbers and clogged up the field. In Copa defenders seem far more willing to get caught up the field.

My whole thing with the Swiss is sort of my feeling about a lot of the teams in Euro right now. Where are the goals coming from? Who's scoring? I don't think your call of 1-0 is far off at all. I want to be able to county on a team for at least one a match and right now, that's a really challenging ask for most of the teams in Euro.

Yes agree lots of teams are struggling to score at the Euros so far.

And actually in our case Seferovic played really well in the first two games, creating 6 or 7 clear scoring chances, just missed the finishing so it may come this weekend hopefully.

Is there a team you are rooting for at the Euros Joe? Aside from Switzerland of course =)

Is there a team you are rooting for at the Euros Joe? Aside from Switzerland of course =)

I'm an Italy fan. I've been pleasantly surprised by their performance this year—maybe because the expectations were so low. I don't like that they have to play Spain next, but I think they're playing better than Spain right now and can get by them. But there, again, is a case where I think two goals in the game are going to be really hard to come by.

Yes I like Italy a lot as well this year especially, I like their mix of solid in defense and well-played counter-attacks, Spain is rightfully favored but not a big favorite in my opinon. Also you cannot hate Gigi Buffon! I read an interview of him before the start of the Euros he said he chose to play as a keeper because he fell in love with the way an african goalkeeper (can't remember the country but maybe Cameroon) played at the World Cup 1990!

The other team I like and have been impressed with is Croatia.

Yep, it was Cameroon. I'm a Roma supporter, so that Gigi plays for Juve is something I just ignore simply because he's been one of my favorite players for a long time. And he's one of those guys that just love the game.

Croatia, if they can keep their fans under control. I think everybody's rooting for Iceland because they're a lot of fun. I think this tourney is about to get great.

Now, if we can just make a bunch of money off it, everybody wins. Ha.

=)

Yep, it was Cameroon. I'm a Roma supporter, so that Gigi plays for Juve is something I just ignore simply because he's been one of my favorite players for a long time. And he's one of those guys that just love the game.

Croatia, if they can keep their fans under control. I think everybody's rooting for Iceland because they're a lot of fun. I think this tourney is about to get great.

Now, if we can just make a bunch of money off it, everybody wins. Ha.

=)

Yeah Iceland have been fun, and I believe it will be very hard for England possibly a one goal game at the end for either one.

You must be of italian descent to like AS Roma and Italy so much =) Usually I root against Italy because there are so many italian people in Switzerland that when they win you cannot believe the noise they make here...! Same with Portugal. But this year I like this Italy team so I don't really mind if they go far

Nothing really tells you the story of Congress right now better than Democrats holding a sit-in just to get a vote on gun legislation and the GOP ignoring them to literally try to override a presidential veto on behalf of the big banks.

Fucking bananas.

Back