• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Cant find it now, but one of the spurs writers after the game said in a chat people were hearing citys ban will be upheld for next year at least

32 teams still for 2022 yea but likely changing for 2026, each continental confederation is alloted a number of spots, no rhyme or reason officially, but it's been this for awhile

Africa: 5
Asia: 4.5
Europe: 13
North, Central America and Caribbean: 3.5
Oceania: 0.5
South America: 4.5
Host: 1

Each continwnts association gets to decide on how they do qualification

UEFA puts teams into groups, I think its gonna be 10, based on random draw of pots, I.e the top 10 teams in the world ranking are in pot a, next 10 in b etc.

10 winners qualify, and then the 3 other spots are through some sort of playoff, I dont know exact way they will do it for 2022, they change it every year

CONMEBOL just has all of their teams in 1 group, do home and always, top 4 make it, 5th goes in international playoff

CONCACAF changed theirs, used to be 3 or 4 stages and end in a group of 6. Now the top 6 teams go in their own group. Play home and homes, top 3 qualify. 4th placed team plays against the winner of the other 28 teams.

Those 28 teams in 8 groups, winners of the groups qualify to a mini tournament, winner of that plays 4th placed team from the hex. Winner of that playoff plays in the international playoff

So it's up to the nation, all have to do it different because of different sizes of their confederation, some, looking at you concacaf, are overly complicated

The 0.5 allotments are the confederations that go into the international playoff

And play a home and home for those finally 2 slots, I dont knowing it rotates or is random draw which nation plays which

did some more research on this and UEFA WC qualifying is going to be nuts. I like that there are basically no more friendlies, but sheesh.

The way i understand it, UEFA giving 10 qualifying group winners an auto bid then separate nations league matches group winners (2) and ten best runner-ups from those 10 groups receive entry to three separate 4-team tournaments to determine the final three bids. This is going to be nuts and will be so draw dependent omg

Also wonder when the WC grows in size for 2026 how this will all get screwed up with additional slots for UEFA

did some more research on this and UEFA WC qualifying is going to be nuts. I like that there are basically no more friendlies, but sheesh.

The way i understand it, UEFA giving 10 qualifying group winners an auto bid then separate nations league matches group winners (2) and ten best runner-ups from those 10 groups receive entry to three separate 4-team tournaments to determine the final three bids. This is going to be nuts and will be so draw dependent omg

Also wonder when the WC grows in size for 2026 how this will all get screwed up with additional slots for UEFA
Dont think UEFA will get more than 2 spots

They want more global teams, less about the best

So concacaf will get 2 at least, Africa 1, asia 1, conmebol 1, Oceania 1

My guess

Back