• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

yes

and probably a red the other way

oh well, had everything to win this match today but defenders should have been instructed to take 0 risk defensively at least in the first minutes of the match, inexcusable to concede twice early

I was thinking Man City to win next weekend especially without Pogba on the pitch but I wonder if they are not due to lose some points soon, they should have had a few times recently but have just kept winning close matches, might be due for some lost points and turn of luck in end of matches

They are due but it won't come vs united or spurs

Pep will make sure they up for those

It will be over the Christmas period when they may let off a bit

My guess is Newcastle

yes but mental and physical fatigue might get to them sooner rather than later I think, 13 league wins in a row is great but the drop in quality recently has been noticeable and the close wins have to be draining mentally. Then you face the best defense in the league, I'm inclined to say Man Utd or draw next week now. Mourinho doesn't give a shit about playing well he just wants results, I think he will try the same kind of matches as yesterday and they are deadly on the counter. With a great De Gea they can do it again especially at home

Interesting thing now with league already basically won is now CL becomes that much more important

Some very good teams going to finish 2nd in groups this year

Basel
Bayern
Roma - slight chance Chelsea
Juve - slight sporting
Sevilla - slight Liverpool
Porto or Leipzig
Madrid

Can't draw your own country or group at r16

So they want Chelsea and Liverpool to win those groups

But even then, it's basically 50% they get one of Juve, Bayern, or Madrid

Not really a big upset in any of those draws on a team going through

Say for example they draw and go out to Madrid, suddenly the season is effectively over in the first week of March. They are a victim of their own league success

Still a great season, but when the last few months don't matter it becomes like the PSG seasons the last few years, where it's kind of a slog to the finish for them

So lots of cl pressure to make at least semis imo

They are same boat too

Bayern as well

It's a weird way to view it but it always comes up

If/when united or spurs or Chelsea get knocked out they are still in a race for top 4

If city, PSG, or Bayern go early they don't have a game that matters again till august

Now if they go deep than it's an all time season, just something interesting I heard someone talk about with city being too good for excitement this season

4 past De Gea

could very well be! De Gea is great but won't be able to make that many great saves that often yesterday could be a career best match even for him

Mourinho must know his team was lucky yesterday and won because of Arsenal's defensive mistakes, he knows with the same performance they will get crushed next week vs City. So I expect him to setup a team structure that will give City as few big chances as possible; will be difficult without Pogba but definitely possible to get a result with a great defensive unit and fast counter attacks

without Pogba: not as prolific offensively, but even more solid defensively

DQJFPeqW4AAphXA.jpg

I expect it to be boring

Like united vs spurs and Liverpool were and how he normally is vs top 6

The under was hitting at 80% in those situations before the last few weeks for a long time

No Pogba and he will be even more cautious imo

yes I should have specified interesting tactically!

He can't have been happy with the amount of big chances Arsenal had yesterday so he will be even more cautious next week. Usually at home vs the top sides he sometimes has a more positive game plan but I don't see it here especially without Pogba. Give Man City the same space as Arsenal had and it is almost surely a defeat. I think he would be satisfied to get a boring draw and hope that City finally has a letdown big enough to close the gap later in the season

Chelsea finishing 2nd in that group hurts all the English teams

More chance now that spurs and the Manchester clubs draw Bayern,Juve, or Madrid

Chelsea now can draw PSG or barca

Back