• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

Great game, pretty meaningless other than Bayern just reminding who's boss...easy over bet and I missed out

Has anyone ever figured out how they determine stoppage time? How do you have 7 yellows in the 2H like in this Iceland match and end up with 1 extra minute?

Barcelona game, there was a guy for Las Palmas with a head wound, hand to bring out the stretchers, was out for a good 4-5 minutes. and that was among a number of other stoppages along the way...in fact:

[TABLE="width: 550"]
<tbody>[TR="class: even, bgcolor: #F0F0F0"]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]22'

[/TD]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]Jonathan Viera (UD Las Palmas) has picked up a minor injury, but it looks like he will be able to continue.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]22'

[/TD]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]Lucas Digne (Barcelona) seems to be alright and is okay to carry on.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even, bgcolor: #F0F0F0"]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]19'

[/TD]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]The game is interrupted now, Lucas Digne (Barcelona) picks up a knock and the physio has to come on.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]19'

[/TD]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]Jonathan Viera (UD Las Palmas) requires medical treatment, so the referee stops play and signals for the physio to come onto the pitch.[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

That's at least 4 minutes right there.....and then:

[TABLE="width: 550"]
<tbody>[TR="class: even, bgcolor: #F0F0F0"]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]45'

[/TD]
[TD="class: phrase fl"]1 additional min. will be played.
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

So fucking stupid.

Can't remember which game I was watching the other night (probably South America), but they put up 5 minutes on the board, and the ref blew his whistle after 1. It's obviously at his discretion, but still, WTF?

I don't know, at least with basketball you get 48 minutes of actual playing time, hockey 60 minutes, etc... Wonder what the actual number for soccer would be (I'd have to think it's in the 75-80 minute range if the clock actually stopped every time play stopped).

I have lost more money on these Chilean overs the past 2 weeks or so than I think I can ever recall losing in any league. No fuckign game gets to 3 anymore

I have lost more money on these Chilean overs the past 2 weeks or so than I think I can ever recall losing in any league. No fuckign game gets to 3 anymore

yeah there is quite an adjustment there, but it could change soon enough. I remember when MLS barely had 2 goals the first 2 months!

Back