• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

So let's see, Joe Hart, who is probably one of the top 5-6 paid goal keepers in the world is being treated unfairly by being benched?
fuck him I say.
New manager can do what he sees fit. It's not going to be an easy move for City either. How many clubs in the world/premier league can afford that kind of salary at this point in time? Barring a big injury, most clubs in the world have their #1 (and #2's) locked up and ready to go headed into the season. This is not really a position where most clubs pay big money for depth either as the rotation is significantly less than outfield players.
Pep knows what he wants to do, Hart just can't/won't do it. Hart is almost 30 years old now, he is what he is - overrated.
My only surprise is City didn't move to rectify this situation before the season started. City not shy about spending cash.

And this whole situation with Schweingsteiger is pretty similar. I am sure United would love to move him, but they have kind of disgraced him here by not showing him. He's still a world class player - maybe not elite, but would start for 99% of the clubs in the world. Schweiny I'm sure will be content sitting around earning what, 200K/week for a few years? And then, he'll probably go off to MLS or China or UAE and make that for a few more years too.

Yeah I don't really like Hart just that it could have been handled in a more respectful manner for a guy who played so many years for them, but as you say he has a big salary and will find a new club. And if he is loaned out he won't say what really happened with Pep behind close doors anyway.

I don't think Schweinsteiger is a world class player anymore, so many little injuries the last few years and his legs are gone. If he was still that good, no way Bayern let him leave for so little money and leave at all. Pep said he had little injury niggles and was never fully fit during his 3 years at Bayern. But yes he would play for most teams, just not the top teams

Wait when was Pep first noted as Manchester City's new manager? I'm pretty sure that gave Hart ample time to figure his shit out. He was a disaster in Euro's and has been on the decline even before Pep officially took charge. If he can't make the adjustment then he should leave. If he wants to stay then well work with what he is required to do but if he can't keep it up then of course Hart doesn't command the presence of Messi or Ronaldo to say fuck it I do what I want and the club builds around me.

Beginning of this year but it was rumored that a deal between City/Guardiola was agreed last year already. Maybe Hart should have sought assurances he was still needed but if there was no dialogue between him and Pep he could have assumed he was. Let's just see where he will end up

Let's face it, Euros made this pretty easy for Pep. No doubt Hart saved several points for City last season when the back line was tripping all over themselves, only reason they finished 4th really but I'm sure the real story will never get out there.

Man think I'm glad I was too busy to bet today, would have been on Dinamo Zagreb for sure as well as APOEL...likely saved some coin

I'll just pull for those goals with ya Mike

floodgates will maybe open in 2nd half for city, not watching it but you never know this game feels like a friendly today

but nice move again by the germans. If they continue to attack they should score one or 2 more in 2nd half but the tie is all but over don't know how both teams will play the 2nd half

Glad I didn't go rack up a bar tab for this match, almost went out for it

Blues are sleepwalking

Cause they are Young Boys and not men.

Where in Switzerland are you?

Very near Bern but in the french speaking region. I don't even watch the swiss league anymore it's really weak and we know Basel will win it easily, I was hoping YB would make this competitive at least, they're supposed to be the 2nd best team in the league..

Last edited:
Thankfully I got up early and got some work done to watch these fuckers :hang:

Tomorrow morning is where the drama is I guess

Want to go watch games in Moscow or somewhere else? Is St Petersbourgh a nice city?

Ill be in both I hope. I'm from St. Petersburg. They are more "European" while Moscow is more "Russian". St. Pete is reminiscent of Paris. Same type of buildings with many canals.

Ill be in both I hope. I'm from St. Petersburg. They are more "European" while Moscow is more "Russian". St. Pete is reminiscent of Paris. Same type of buildings with many canals.

Interesting thanks. want to go visit both of these cities someday, some other place in russia that is worth a visit in particular?

Interesting thanks. want to go visit both of these cities someday, some other place in russia that is worth a visit in particular?

Only places I've been too. There's a lot of old Tsarist stuff in the suburbs like Tsarskye Selo if you're interested in how richest monarchy in Europe lived.

Piqué must really hate Madrid :rofl:

Piqué: which CL draw I'd prefer? An easy group, Italy's 3rd in the round of 16, Germany's 8th in the quarters, England's 4th in semis

Back