So, what have we learned? - NFL Week 7

Anyone actually have a read on that game? I can't figure out what Minny will do week to week and the Giants.....who the fuck knows.

Anyone actually have a read on that game? I can't figure out what Minny will do week to week and the Giants.....who the fuck knows.

Just saw on twitter that tonight's matchup is the 2nd worst matchup after 4 weeks of a season in the history of MNF. Only one game which had the 0-4 Cowboys vs the 0-4 Redskins, in 2001, was worse, record-wise.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">31s</small>
As @MikeGarafolo said, Bucs RB Doug Martin suffered a torn labrum yesterday against the Falcons, and is out for the year.
Michael Fabiano@Michael_Fabiano<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">4m</small>
Bucs coach Greg Schiano said it would be a "stretch" for Doug Martin to play Week 8, but the team doesn't think his injury is season-ending.

If there's a game the Giants are going to sack up and win any time soon it should be this one.

Honestly I just hope it's a game where the Giants get the shit kicked out of them so it sets up Philly next week.

Nice column. I hope to contribute. Looks to me like the Browns fleeced Indianapolis in the Trent Richardson trade. Trent might look the part of a RB machine but simply does not produce. He is around 3ypc. Seems to run into contact right at the LOS every carry. Bad vision? Not sure exactly what it is. I think Cleveland outsmarted everyone with getting a first rounder back. When you consistently produce less than Donald Brown and your replacement Willis Mcgahee, its not good.

Raiders should dump Mcfadden on thr cowboys

Re: Gnats v Vikes...

0-6 teams in the past decade (SU results -4 W's, 9 L's)

[TABLE="class: sbn-data-table, width: 703"]
<tbody>[TR="class: ui-state-even"]
[TD="align: left"]Year[/TD]
[TD]Team[/TD]
[TD]Game 7 Result[/TD]
[TD]Final Record[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: ui-state-odd"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED, align: left"]2011[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]Colts[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]L 7-62[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]2-14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: ui-state-even"]
[TD="align: left"]2011[/TD]
[TD]Dolphins[/TD]
[TD]L 17-20[/TD]
[TD]6-10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED, align: left"]2011[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]Rams[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]W 31-21[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]2-14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]2010[/TD]
[TD]Bills[/TD]
[TD]L 10-13[/TD]
[TD]4-12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED, align: left"]2009[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]Titans[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]W 30-13[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]8-8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]2009[/TD]
[TD]Buccaneers[/TD]
[TD]L 7-35[/TD]
[TD]3-13[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED, align: left"]2009[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]Rams[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]L 6-42[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]1-15[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]2008[/TD]
[TD]Bengals[/TD]
[TD]L 10-38[/TD]
[TD]4-11-1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED, align: left"]2008[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]Lions[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]L 17-25[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]0-16[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]2007[/TD]
[TD]Rams[/TD]
[TD]L 6-33[/TD]
[TD]3-13[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED, align: left"]2007[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]Dolphins[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]L 28-49[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]1-15[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]2005[/TD]
[TD]Texans[/TD]
[TD]W 19-16[/TD]
[TD]2-14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED, align: left"]2004[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]Dolphins[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]W 31-14[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #E4E9ED"]4-12
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Going forward and if and when the Redskins get a defense, they'll be scary good. Till then, gonna bet opponents tt over all day.

Holy injuries Batman...quick rundown of big names

Bradford - ACL, done for the year
Cushing- LCL, broken leg, done for the year
Wayne - feared ACL, MRI today
Leon Hall- ruptured achilles, done for the year
Cutler - groin, severity unknown
D Martin - shoulder, severity unknown
A Foster - hamstring, severity unknown
B Tate - unknown
C Bailey - foot, gonna be awhile
J Finley - head, neck prolly the season

Torn ACL Count: 38

• LB Victor Butler (NO)
  • OL Dan Koppen (DEN)
  • DE Melvin Ingram (SD)
  • DE Greg Scruggs (SEA)
  • CB Aaron Berry (NYJ)
  • LB Jonas Mouton (SD)
  • WR Jeremy Maclin (PHI)
  • WR Armon Binns (MIA)
  • LB Darius Fleming (SF)
  • LB Jason Phillips (PHI)
  • FB Mike Zordich (CAR)
  • OL Bryan Bulaga (GB)
  • CB Chris Culliver (SF)
  • WR Arrelious Benn (PHI)
  • WR Danario Alexander (SD)
  • WR Joseph Morgan (NO)
  • WR Vidal Hazleton (NYJ)
  • DE Phillip Hunt (PHI)
  • WR Keolah Pilares (CAR)
  • WR Kevin Elliott (BUF)
  • TE Dustin Keller (MIA)
  • CB Richard Crawford (WAS)
  • DE Will Smith (NO)
  • FS Stevie Brown (NYG)
  • OL Maurkice Pouncey (PIT)
  • RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (PIT)
  • OL Garry Williams (CAR)
  • DT Henry Melton (CHI)
  • RB Vick Ballard (IND)
  • DT Nate Collins (CHI)
  • OL Amini Silatolu (CAR)
  • QB Brian Hoyer (CLE)
  • LB Bryan Kehl (WAS)
  • WR Charles Johnson (CLE)
  • RB Mike Goodson (NYJ)
  • LB Desmond Bishop (MIN)
  • QB Sam Bradford (STL)
  • WR Reggie Wayne (IND)

I wonder if any of those 0-6 teams were laying points in that seventh game.

I want to bet Minny tonight. Just haven't seen enough of them to know if its a smart play or a really dumb one.

Just haven't seen enough of them to know if its a smart play or a really dumb one.

Probably both. Smart play on getting points against a winless team, maybe less than that playing on Minnesota who might be downright awful themselves.

Hopefully they cancel each other out and you end up with the win.

0-6 teams are 6-7 ATS the last 10 years. Not bad all things considered...

how many of them have played 1 win teams?

The thing I noticed last game vs. the Panthers was that every time the vikes D would come off the field, they were in their own world. They were not listening to coaches on the sideline and they were joking around a lot like they didn't give a shit. This wasn't with 3 min to go either. This was well before the first half was complete.

Frazier has lost this team IMO. The players know he won't be here next year.

I was ready to back the truck up on the Giants before I saw Lang was on them. There are a couple things I will say on the game. First, we have absolutely owned Eli's ass over the past several years when the Vikes and Giants have played. You can look it up. Numbers don't lie. The other numbers that don't lie are the Vikes in prime time. They are fucking trash in PT games.

Harrison Smith is by far the best corner and without him and without any sort of pass rush with a pulse, Eli should rack up the yards tonight. That said, Vikes are around 5th or so in scoring offense and I don't see any reason they won't score tonight either, regardless of who is at QB.

As much as I think GMen get it done, I think over is the safest play.

If you can't hit 'em high ya' gotta hit 'em low.

Yep, except now that's a penalty if you hit the QB low. They should have the QBs just wear those red jerseys like they do in practice, or give them some flags. The way the NFL is going, it's kinda hard to see it being around in 10-15 years....unless they actually go back to playing football, that is.

Yep, except now that's a penalty if you hit the QB low. They should have the QBs just wear those red jerseys like they do in practice, or give them some flags. The way the NFL is going, it's kinda hard to see it being around in 10-15 years....unless they actually go back to playing football, that is.
The only way the league won't be around is if it becomes too violent (injury-prone) to continue. The league makes more money now than ever before....the way the game used to be played is gone forever, but the league isn't suffering for it.

I dont know if anyone else saw it,cause ,well,it was the bills/fins game

There was a roughing the passer call on a miami D player,he literally tried to take Thad Lewis head off like a missile,fucking horrible...then the same penalty for shaking hands with him

The only way the league won't be around is if it becomes too violent (injury-prone) to continue. The league makes more money now than ever before....the way the game used to be played is gone forever, but the league isn't suffering for it.

10-15 years is a long time out. If that injury list gets bigger and bigger each year, and more and more stars start showing up on it, something will happen. Which is exactly what you're saying as well...if it becomes too injury prone. It's certainly heading in that direction is all I'm saying.

Pitt/Balty

another easy opportunity for the rare NFL under, and I do not bet it

Should be auto play

yer dont,take the over,like p said :shake:

stop betting favs twink,cmon man
excuse me?
images-4.jpeg

Pitt/Balty

another easy opportunity for the rare NFL under, and I do not bet it

Should be auto play

The unders aren't as rare as everyone thinks though. Through Week 6, weren't there like only 3 more overs than unders? I know it certainly doesn't seem like that's true, but the overs aren't hitting at a huge rate.

The unders aren't as rare as everyone thinks though. Through Week 6, weren't there like only 3 more overs than unders? I know it certainly doesn't seem like that's true, but the overs aren't hitting at a huge rate.
I was alluding to the 2 teams playing.....Pitt/Balty unders seem to hit frequently and are usually one of the lower lined totals on the day

When emkee posted that O/U 40-37 number, it was 32-28 to Under for non-primetime games.

I was alluding to the 2 teams playing.....Pitt/Balty unders seem to hit frequently and are usually one of the lower lined totals on the day

Gotcha. You said "rare NFL under" so I thought you meant something you didn't. My bad. Maybe you meant rare NFL under that you can always bank on year after year.

I wasn't even necessarily referring solely to you either, there has been a bunch of talk on here about NFL overs hitting so easily and that one would have to be a fool to bet an under. The #s say otherwise. Again, it's all about picking spots, which is obvious but harder to do than one would think I guess.

When emkee posted that O/U 40-37 number, it was 32-28 to Under for non-primetime games.

Nice, thanks. I was completely guessing on it being 3 more overs than unders, but I guess it was exactly 3...lol. So it was 12-5 to the over for the primetime games...which makes sense as to why most people think that overs hit way more often than unders....the games that most people watch have gone over at a pretty damn high clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
In defense of Josh Freeman, he was thrown under a bus tonight by his coach and management. Be interesting to see how he responds...

we also learned that the Jets did the same pushy play that the Pats were called for

C3cMMa9.gif

pushgate.jpg

Thanks for finding this, it's what I had heard today as well. So, why wasn't it called on that play if the officials called it on the potential game winning kick is the question. It was the exact same thing wasn't it? The Jets player even pushed his teammate all the way through (or over) the Pats' OL. The 2 officials were looking right at it too, the guy to the right as well as the one with the blue circle around him.

@PFF_Sam: And you thought Ponder was bad? Josh Freeman just set an all-time low last night with a -11.3 PFF grade. #Vikings

@Adv_NFL_Stats: J.Freeman had -15.9 EPA last night, meaning if rest of team were avg, his performance alone would theoretically result in a loss by 16 pts.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Frazier was clearly out to make a point last night by having Freeman throw 50+ times. To have less than 15 carries with AD is rediculous.

Also, ESPN's auto-play feature needs to die in a fire.

Get Flash Block. It blocks all Flash content, such as ESPN's annoying autoplay video and advertisements on other websites that you never wanted to see anyway. It leaves placeholders on the webpage that allow you to click to view them when you choose to. Add sites like YouTube to the Flash Block "whitelist" so they are unaffected and you will be golden.

Back