smo1a Week 6 CFB Plays

smo1a

Pretty much a regular
YTD Record: 36-17-2 +1774 68%
Last week: 7-4 +262

Another profitable week, but not as well as I had hoped going inti the week. TCU getting bombed was a complete surprise and Jon Beck is a STUD. Unfortunately Memphis D was a complete disaster switching to a 4-3 with Tommy West at the helm. Tough to do during the season going from a 3-3-5. Oh well, ya live and learn. Benefited from a nice early line with Purdue and nice easy hits with Texas, Michigan, and Hawaii. Iowa State...should have lost and deserved to. One of my favorite plays last week hit with ease as temple scored 14 to easily cover the Team Total of 3.5.

So for week 6, a lot of plays this week but another solid card I believe. I will try to add write ups if time permits through out the week. As always and unless noted, all plays for 1 unit.

I will add to this post if I have any additional plays:

10/3 1-0 +100
W @ TULSA -5 -105

10/5 1-1 -10
W @NCST +11.5 -111
X TCU -1 -110

10/6 0-2-1 -211
X LOUISVILLE 1ST HALF -17.5 -109 (added game 10/6)
X LOUISVILLE -29.5 -102 (added game 10/6)
P LOUISVILLE -14 -109 **4 UNITS (added game 10/6)

10/7 5-6-1 -161
W INDIANA +7 +100
X AUBURN -7.5 2H -113 (added game 10/7)
X VANDY ML -119 (added game 10/4)
W BAYLOR +5 -104
W @ KANSAS ST +3.5 -108
X OKLAHOMA ML +190
W TEXAS/OU UNDER 50 -117
X MICH STATE +17 -121 (BOUGHT .5)
X @ TEXAS TECH -1.5 -105
P SOUTH CAROLINA -7 -103
W TENNESSEE -1.5 -116
X OREGON +6 -103

10/8
NIU -13.5 -101

Good luck to all this week. I'd love to hear ya'lls thoughts!

Lets continue to :spank: the books

Last edited:
OKLAHOMA ML +190 -V- TEXAS
UNDER 50 -117

Let me only say that I think Texas takes this game. Just like the Ohio State game when I took OSU and the money line, I am doing this only because all I care about is Texas winning the game. This is the play I WANT to lose. However, if my beloved Horns should fall, I'll at least make some money!

As for the total, I can't see this going over 35. I really expect a close game and a low scoring affair. Very emotional game and I see a defensive battle here with UT prevailing 20-14.

RSMS9999 said:
why south carolina?
I came away very impressed in South Carolina's loss against Auburn. Syvelle newton is a great fit at QB and has done a great job of moving the ball down the field (impressed with his performance versus Auburn). I also think the Gamecocks D has played pretty well. I am not impressed with the win over Ole Miss by Kentucky. The Wildcat D was outgained by everyone (including the inept Ole Miss O) except Texas St. I think Spurriers team could have a field day here. Woodson is having a great year for Kentucky, but I think the Cocks can contain him.

I am not a big fan of playing road favs in the SEC, but I really think that South Carolina can win this by at least 10.

Last edited:
Looks good bro.

I too was quite impressed with Gamecocks. They went an entire qtr w/o ball and honestly could of had 27-31 points in the game w/o turnovers. They looked real good. Newton is just a huge upgrade IMO.

smo1a said:
I came away very impressed in South Carolina's loss against Auburn. Syvelle newton is a great fit at QB and has done a great job of moving the ball down the field (impressed with his performance versus Auburn). I also think the Gamecocks D has played pretty well. I am not impressed with the win over Ole Miss by Kentucky. The Wildcat D was outgained by everyone (including the inept Ole Miss O) except Texas St. I think Spurriers team could have a field day here. Woodson is having a great year for Kentucky, but I think the Cocks can contain him.

I am not a big fan of playing road favs in the SEC, but I really think that South Carolina can win this by at least 10.

I said much of the same in my thread. I goto South Carolina and this short season has been somewhat of rollercoaster. Young offensive line could not provide protection in the beginning of the yr, see games vs Miss St, Georgia and Wofford. Florida Atlantic might have given them some confidence going into Auburn. Overall Syvelle fits this offense better because he can run away from the pocket when it breaks down. Mitchell is as fast as my grandmother. I think it is important to note that this is South Carolina first game on the road since opening week.. I think they will respond positvely though and I am looking for a 10-14 point win. I will be more up to date with the statuses of a few players after today. Boyd has a high ancle sprain and is limited. McKinnley has a shoulder bruise, both crucial parts to keep this offense spinning.

Looks like you know your Cocks everythingthatsgreen ;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Should be a fun weekend as I'm trying to score last minute tix for Texas / OU.

Added L'Ville -29.5 -102 and L'Ville 1st Half -17.5 -109

Looks like the books are gonna clean house tonight or get royally spanked. I could not resist the line drop, so if this is a TRAP, we are all going down like a prom date. Hopefully that won't be the case as 'Ville should easily handle MTSU.

I've now got 16 plays for the weekend - way more than I ever planned on. Off to a 2-1 start as TCU is officially on my shit list and will lay off them Froggies for now on. Went with 'em twice and lost and went against 'em once and lost.

:hairout:

Last edited:
smo1a said:
Added L'Ville -29.5 -102 and L'Ville 1st Half -17.5 -109

Looks like the books are gonna clean house tonight or get royally spanked. I could not resist the line drop, so if this is a TRAP, we are all going down like a prom date. Hopefully that won't be the case as 'Ville should easily handle MTSU.

I've now got 16 plays for the weekend - way more than I ever planned on. Off to a 2-1 start as TCU is officially on my shit list and will lay off them Froggies for now on. Went with 'em twice and lost and went against 'em once and lost.

:hairout:

Great minds think alike right? I got Loui 1st half/game, and I'm going into tonight 3-1, my only loss like you being TCU. 1 last thing, I think I have about 15 plays for the wkend, much more than I ever planned as well.

I just can't see the connection on how Midd Tenn St covers... No way no how. In the back of Petrino's mind, he is thinking "We gota cover that damn spread and beat the shit outa this piss poor team. We are off a bye and we have to get back in the media" Least I hope so! :drink:

Miracle push in Nashville on the last minute Cards TD for the 2nd Half Play. Lesson learned on chasing the day. I'll take my two losses tonight and hope for a big rebound tomorrow!

Adding NIU -13.5 -101 for Sunday.

Well, like a few here, an absolutely shitty week 6. I've added this NIU game, yet I will still finish in the red this week for the first time (hopefully last) this year.

For the week, I went 7-9-2 for a loss of -282. Hopefully after tonight, it will be at -182 ;-)

Good luck to anyone playing this one tonight and heres to a more prosperous week 7!

Back