Silky's Week 5 Diamonds

Can argue with much in your writeup Silk. I'll only haggle with you on the final score. I see an under, and read that Foster has had the team practices on Sundays this year focused on stopping GT's offense. VT knew they would have at least one loss heading into their first ACC game and will be ready for Johnson's offense. I see something to the tune of 16-7 here. You are right on with VT's offense, but Foster has done very well slowing down Johnson's offense in previous years and both defenses bring what may be their most talented teams in a long time into this one.

Best of luck bro.

Long pretty writeup & it loses. :( on to the next 1

I had GT with you - you cant handicap turnovers and penalties. I didnt get the 5 false starts in the first half - you are at home - no crowd noise to deal with.....Johnson obviously didnt have them ready to go - plus Foster blitzed the crap out of the Tech offense and they kept them at bay for the game. I am not a fan of Foster but his guys were ready and throttled that high power running attack.

Long pretty writeup & it loses. :( on to the next 1

A lot of your thoughts were correct, it happens. VT defense is just amazing this year. The D-line just takes over games. If they had any semblence of offense, they are a top 5 team this year.....the difficulty in capping them is just how bad the offense will be each game. The defense can give that team the ball on the 20, but they will lose 6 yards and miss a FG.

I think the key thing to take out of the game is talent can beat the triple option, it's not just scheme. Even so, Foster has seen the triple option several times with these teams and they were prepared for it. But, make no mistake, it was those defensive tackles that won the game.

I had GT with you - you cant handicap turnovers and penalties. I didnt get the 5 false starts in the first half - you are at home - no crowd noise to deal with.....Johnson obviously didnt have them ready to go - plus Foster blitzed the crap out of the Tech offense and they kept them at bay for the game. I am not a fan of Foster but his guys were ready and throttled that high power running attack.

game was over when Lee fumbled 1st drive & VT scored. Kyle Fuller is amazing, really talented guy shook everything up. Then false starts put GT behind the chains & made GT become a passing team. Good win for VT

we oppose on none and agree on several; GL the rest of the week podna and Go Noles...

aww shit Rex showed up, thanks for dropping in & thanks for all the insight on the industry you give. Good luck bro!

A lot of your thoughts were correct, it happens. VT defense is just amazing this year. The D-line just takes over games. If they had any semblence of offense, they are a top 5 team this year.....the difficulty in capping them is just how bad the offense will be each game. The defense can give that team the ball on the 20, but they will lose 6 yards and miss a FG.

I think the key thing to take out of the game is talent can beat the triple option, it's not just scheme. Even so, Foster has seen the triple option several times with these teams and they were prepared for it. But, make no mistake, it was those defensive tackles that won the game.

VT did what they needed to, win some & lose some. Always like when u drop knowledge in here, it helps me & others. Continue & good luck bro

Hmmph, 7-5 58.3 +1.45u week 5. Not bad staying consistently near 60% every week but that 1-4 week 2. So 27-21 56.25% +3.95u overall. On my march to 60% overall.

GT -7 -115 LOSS
VT defensively did the damn thing & Logan Thomas had his best game in 2yrs. Oh yeah GT turning the ball over & starting every drive 1st & 20 helped too.

MTSU +21.5 LOSS a 3rd Qtr 71yd punt return was the nail in the coffin

ECU +11 WIN Betting on UNC means U Not Capping. Great job Pirates! BBall starts soon Heels, so there's that

FLa -14 WIN
I never doubted this, Florida loves shitkicking UK, LM suggested others felt different tho

Ball -3 WIN Just the better team laying a short number

Hou -2.5 WIN Houston is a fucking piggy bank when laying the short number. And they're getting better

Okla -3 WIN I been sunshine pumping OU since summer. The Belldozer has arrived

FSU -21
LOSS VERY concerned with the Noles defense. Gave up way too many points should have been 30pt win

UGA/LSU over 61.5 WIN UGA has no D & LSU's ain't what it used to be. But both have offenses, so no brainer

Ole Miss +15 LOSS A shutout tho? Goddamn Bama is getting downright ornery

Miami -16.5 WIN Jim Leavitt is laughing his ass off at what USF has become. Taggart has his work cut out for him after Program killer Holtz blew through town. Meanwhile the U is setting up for an epic ACC Coastal battle with VT & GT

OkSt -18 LOSS Yup I was the huckleberry smh

Side note had some guy ask for my advice, he had this "foolproof" chase system & some theory of playing 20+faves ML all the time. To which I explained that all chase systems crash & that probability & variance would mean that those hefty ass ML faves would eventually hit a patch of losses that would empty his roll. Guy argues with me for 40mins about how his system he created while in prison would work blah blah blah. But lmao he was asking me for picks after losing OkSt ML for like 8k. Anyways I agree to disagree but would give him some picks next week. After further discussion & me explaining to him what & how a parlay works, he's in full get back mode & wants a ML fave parlay for last night. I tell him Vandy & Fresno, he lays the 5k. Happy it won, but a fool & his money smh. I'm never telling anyone else I handicap football again. Can't go to my favorite bar much anymore as there are either the "I can pick games too & better than you" guy or the "give me advice & winners" guy. I actually don't like talking about handicapping with folks other than y'all.

welp that's my lil vent lol

Back