Silky's Week 1 Diamonds

Silkydiamonds

Imma sip this tea
Welcome back folks, last time we met around these parts, things turned out pretty well. We ended the season on some bananas ass 2.5 month heater culminating in a pretty sweet bowl run. But that's last season and don't help me today. So.......I'm back on the grind ready to do this.

First up is a Total:

NW/Cal OVER 55.5 | 1u

will talk about this later, but it's a TD low to me. Gonna play it before they get hip.

you know the rules, congratulate, hate, reciprocate, retaliate, just PARTICIPATE!

Good luck this year folks

Cal will hopefully mask itself as 'La Tech West' and get you close to the total by halftime, amigo!

As always, best of luck to you and to Silkette during the profitable 2013 college football season, which hopefully includes an August/September heater to get things started.

Not that I don't love me some Silky but I'm wishing you GL purely for the health of my own bankroll, brother. :)

GL this season Silky

Ill be around:shake:

Cal will hopefully mask itself as 'La Tech West' and get you close to the total by halftime, amigo!

As always, best of luck to you and to Silkette during the profitable 2013 college football season, which hopefully includes an August/September heater to get things started.

Not that I don't love me some Silky but I'm wishing you GL purely for the health of my own bankroll, brother. :)

:thumbsup2:

Loving the love fellas, let's hash out some shit this year & find winners

GL this season, Silk. :cheers:

yep, should be some points in cal...or given up by cal, hehe.

Thats exactly what I'm counting on. That and Dykes offense with Zach Kline could be nice. Gonna take a minute before that cal defense gels. NW should do healthy damage vs them. Then conversely I don't like NW's pass D, it's reliance on zoning up and basically play Iowa defense with NW athletes vs the Air Raid is recipe for pts

good luck my man.

I hope Bigelow can chip in some points for the over... I like the kid - I just hope he can stay healthy.

Silk the Shockker, good luck this year partner...not sure about that Cal game but agree its hard to see it staying under mid50s without a bunch of empty red zone trips..
What do you think about your boy Cato vs the Redskins in week one? Hard to see the Turds not hanging 50 on em and that should cover right? Marshall's D is gonna be a little better, right?

Adding another total

Okla/ULM OVER 65

its 9tds & a FG. I feel confident OU gets 6tds, & the OU D gives up at least 2 vs ULM's O. So then it's basically gambling on getting 3 more FGs or another TD & a FG. Both these defenses especially this early I think give that up. I don't know which one or if it's a combination of the 2, hence not taking a side

Last edited:
Adding another total

Okla/ULM OVER 65

its 9tds & a FG. I feel confident OU gets 6tds, & the OU D gives up at least 2 vs ULM's O. So then it's basically gambling on getting 3 more FGs or another TD & a FG. Both these defenses especially this early I think give that up. I don't know which one or if it's a combination of the 2, hence not taking a side

Might like this one more than you, ou's d-line is gonna have issues this year. especially early. GL Silk.

Might as well get parameters now if you are betting BOL stuff. NW total is good to what? Best of luck again this year, not that you need any.

Ohhh I'm gonna need it lol. I'd go comfortably to 58 for 1u on NW, 61 would be where I draw the line & then it'd be 1/2u

In the OU game 67.5 would be limit. Though I could see 70+ scored there, only trying to bet my perceived advantage :D

Hard to figure out how BG scores in the game without the playmaker Samuel ( fiu ) while at the same time losing the big left tackle. Will be interesting to see if a decent Tulsa Oline can generate runs against that BG front which was pretty dominant last year. Certainly don't want to rely on Cody Green to make plays though he might be better than Schilz. Tulsa has the better FG kicker but both are suspect imo. BG obviously has the great punter. BG really struggled last year in protecting punters/placekickers. Have to think the points matter in what rates to be a low scoring game. I have some +1 bg and +4 Tulsa with the intent of middling from the beginning. Neither team should be getting over a FG in this one. Personally I just hope the game progresses at the BG pace and not the Tulsa pace. Tulsa certainly has the better playmakers and is more likely to crack the big play. good luck.. have to say I sort of agree with it.. look forward to the writeup.

Thanks VK, I'm going to try and flesh out some stuff soon.

Adding ULL +10.5, getting the shitty end of the # (was a full 14). But I think ULL can win straight up, at the very least keep it close

Like it silky. Those BOL openers were way off, TT was real short I think I saw nd at -25, psu was -4, shoulda hit em before bookmaker dropped an everyone copied. GL silky, get money

dont wanna be a #%&% here......can u please post all ur picks on top .......gonna tail your heaters this year......thanks

No dog in the fight and not trying to talk you out of anything but I'm always hesitant on overs early in the season, especially if there are new guys at QB or other skill positions. Sometimes the offenses take longer to get up to game speed than the defenses do. Like with Cal going with Dykes system for a short time when most of the starters are used to Tedford's. Just another angle to consider on some of these overs.

Good luck silk. You'll crush as always

Thanks bro, I'm gonna try

No dog in the fight and not trying to talk you out of anything but I'm always hesitant on overs early in the season, especially if there are new guys at QB or other skill positions. Sometimes the offenses take longer to get up to game speed than the defenses do. Like with Cal going with Dykes system for a short time when most of the starters are used to Tedford's. Just another angle to consider on some of these overs.

Great point & something I considered, but the Cal offensive players fit Dyke's BearRaid fairly well. This isn't a Mike Leach taking Wazzu's crap & trying to make it work. Some fairly talented cats at Cal. NW will put up some points I'm certain & Cal vs that 2ndary/scheme should also. The closest thing to AirRaid NW has faced in the last 2yrs has been Indiana & Cuse. Look what those teams, specifically Indiana has done vs the NW defense.
Bodes well

dont wanna be a #%&% here......can u please post all ur picks on top .......gonna tail your heaters this year......thanks
MHa! I do leave all the picks scattered, I'm gonna work on consolidating that. Good luck bro

Like it silky. Those BOL openers were way off, TT was real short I think I saw nd at -25, psu was -4, shoulda hit em before bookmaker dropped an everyone copied. GL silky, get money

yup that's what's really good about BOL especially early can catch some mistakes. Unfortunately they caught me lol. I'm gonna tail some of that FCS stuff, I like where ur head is with that.

Good luck in the year bud

Thanks much, you too

Get paper. I'll be tailing this year.

Always respect your thoughts dude.

my main man P!! May have some financial ?'s for u soon if you have time. Shifting economy requires some different tactics. But in a good way

BOL nephew

Unc, we talked a lil about it on twitter & damn if I ain't miss UVA +140 ML. Still ready to pull that trigger tho, just mad I missed the extra +$

Would wait for BYU money to hit before you attack uva. No way it closes below 3 so might as well wait.

Players are excited at California. They appear to be embracing the change. With that said, Berkeley isn't exactly known for recruiting non-quitters so who knows at what point they care more about the protester up in the tree than football. Tedford message had gotten old there so this should spring some life into the program... just not sure week 1 is the week or not. OOC game so he might just go all out on getting as many snaps as he can the way Bowden did in Akron last year. Will be an interesting team to follow.

I feel pretty confident NW gets 30+. There will be mistakes/issues by Cal for sure. I'm sure Dykes will use a ton of packaged concepts. If/then deals so to speak. Very easy on young QBs, if Player X does Y u do Z. Which should lead to some early down success, making NW use 5+ DBs in disadvantageous situations, which is where Bigelow's explosive speed & 10ypc avg make me giddy. Those are 35yd runs waiting to happen. I think you'll be surprised at the simplicity & overall goal of Dykes to run the ball, more specifically up the middle once NW goes 5+ DBs to stop the short passing game.

On the other side, NW in the Fitzgerald spread helmed by Colyer & powered by Mark will do damage. Venric should get 160 if not 180. NW is t particularly a long drive offense so possession changes should occur frequently either from scores punts downs TOs. Tons of clock stoppages when Cal has the ball & running hurry up.

my big worry is all the Cal QBs have never attempted a pass, Goff beat out Kline (shocker really) but the kid is hella accurate & smart. Think Graham Harrell - esque. Add in Dykes has Air Raid Guru & "the system" salesman Tony Franklin (don't ask Tubbs what he thinks about "the system" lol) and I think that Cal's Offense will be well prepared

Thats exactly what I'm counting on. That and Dykes offense with Zach Kline could be nice. Gonna take a minute before that cal defense gels. NW should do healthy damage vs them. Then conversely I don't like NW's pass D, it's reliance on zoning up and basically play Iowa defense with NW athletes vs the Air Raid is recipe for pts

I hear ya. It's a solid play.
NW up to -6. Wrong way for me, but will still play it up to 7.

Playing tulsa too, eventually. Watching the lines...

One thing I noticed about Fresno is that their D last year shut down its better opponents almost as well as it shut down the weaklings on the schedule. I would look at this one to go under before I played a side.

I got a lot to say but it is all conflicting so staying away from the game. Rutgers defense is taking not just a small but a rather large step backwards imo and their offense is slightly improved ( which will certainly aid the defense when they couldn't gain yards and fd's last year at all ) ...... and Fresno crushes people at home but never produces against quality defenses .. ( Tulsa , Oregon , boise ) ... coast to coast travel though east to west isn't as bad as the other way around .... sort of lean over to be honest but I could never play that without seeing Rutgers some first. I might try to hunt down their spring game tonight and report back to you. This is a viciously difficult game to handicap.

Back