Seven weeks almost in the books, what have we learned?

Minshew is a fraud until he proves otherwise
Teams that stack strong run-blockers along the left side of Jville‘s o-line (Cam and Norwell) will shut down Fournette. The right side (Richardson/McCann and Taylor) is trash
(Altho Cam is also a crappy pass-blocker)

I should just played who I think wins the game and go from there......went 12-1 with NE pending at my workplace pool sheet pickem.....they also went 10-3 ats.....

Atlanta is trash......think opposing team TT overs is perfect so far ( not sure about the Philly game )

Fitzmagic is real.....at least for another few games me thinks.....like last year with Tampa.....

Bears have issues everywhere. In order:
1. OL is a mess. Cant block and at this point it looks like they need to sign a new LT/RT
2. WR/TE/RB is a black home outside of Robinson. No one has stepped up or can get open consistently. Miller, Cohen, Montgomery, Gabriel, Burton. Talent there but this will need to be addressed in RD2
3. Nagy is too cute too often. When the game was within +/-3 twice on 2nd/3rd and 2 he passed. Two 3 and outs. Just an example but Nagy keeps getting out coached
4. Mitch has no confidence. Ending last year I felt he was a better version of Alex Smith. I get that Mahomes comp because of draft will linger but Bears / no one talked about Mahomes as a top pick. Mitch needs to lead this team otherwise draft Fromm, Montez, Costello and hope for the best

All said, love the Bears this week....

Mitch going to go down as one of the dumbest draft selections in at least recent history

That is so dumb and misinformed. His rankings having amazing qbs such as davis webb, kaaya, and other dudes who wont take a snap ahead of mitch is hilarious.

Why the worst pick in history? I cant wait to hear th flawed logic.

That is so dumb and misinformed. His rankings having amazing qbs such as davis webb, kaaya, and other dudes who wont take a snap ahead of mitch is hilarious.

Did you read the article or just called it dumb because the premise hurt your feelings?

The point is the Bears traded up for him ahead of Watson and Mahomes. You and BAR don‘t find that to be incredibly misguided? He was so overrated based on what he did at UNC. He‘s inaccurate as hell, has no arm strength, his footwork still sucks. Like what else do you want? The Bears have top defensive talent but won‘t get anywhere because they have Mitch Bortles at quarterback

Bears should be even worse than they are now; refs totally gifted them with a roughing call at the end of the Broncos game but whatever point holds

And my feelings arent hurt, its just a dumb article and opinion. Its flawed logic. Then the other 9-10 teams had the worst pick. Looking at who went after a player as justification is just dumb.

Myles Garret, Soloman Thomas, corey Davis etc

The point is the Bears traded up for him ahead of Watson and Mahomes. You and BAR don‘t find that to be incredibly misguided? He was so overrated based on what he did at UNC. He‘s inaccurate as hell, has no arm strength, his footwork still sucks. Like what else do you want? The Bears have top defensive talent but won‘t get anywhere because they have Mitch Bortles at quarterback
To say the worst pick in recent draft history is wildly insane. There were worse picks in thomas and davis in that draft.

I always say mitch is alex smith to me. Where was this opinion last year when mitch was playing well? Why is there zero mention of the entire offense playing terrible? No OL, no receiving other than arob, terrible play calling.

Mitch is not playing well either but to say worst pick in recent history is silly. I want to see the rest of season play out + half of next year before bust call outs.

The what if game is short sighted because mo one was saying nahomes as the top qb or even saying a top ten pick.

And my feelings arent hurt, its just a dumb article and opinion. Its flawed logic. Then the other 9-10 teams had the worst pick. Looking at who went after a player as justification is just dumb.

Myles Garret, Soloman Thomas, corey Davis etc

It shows a wild inability to evaluate talent. Thats the point of looking at who went after

To say the worst pick in recent draft history is wildly insane. There were worse picks in thomas and davis in that draft.

I always say mitch is alex smith to me. Where was this opinion last year when mitch was playing well? Why is there zero mention of the entire offense playing terrible? No OL, no receiving other than arob, terrible play calling.

Mitch is not playing well either but to say worst pick in recent history is silly. I want to see the rest of season play out + half of next year before bust call outs.

The what if game is short sighted because mo one was saying nahomes as the top qb or even saying a top ten pick.
Seeing article written 2 years ago now so retracting comment about LY.

Im not saying mitch is great or better tban mahomes. But its so dumb to claim shoulda taken mahomes at 2. Mitch wasnt even worst pick in tbe top 10 of that draft. Itd be like saying every teams picks were terrible when didnt take brady or wilson.

The bears are a mess right now and its impossible to honestly judge mitch.

Last year half of what made mitch solid was RPO and designed runs. Nagy not calling those at all this year and it is hurting offense.

Mitch needs a genius to scheme for him and he needs to be put in a position where he‘s trying to make an impact with his legs not his arm

Miami has shown a pulse the last couple of weeks and now heads to Pittsburgh as 14.5 point dogs against Mason Rudolph? If there is one game the Fins want to win.....one game that makes their future materially better if they win....it's this one. They will arguably have the better QB and receiver corp.

Tomlin has conflicting trends working: 1) they excel in home night games, 2) they play down to the suck teams. They picked Fitzmagic 3 times last year in a Monday night win (one for a TD), but Fitz rallied with 2 TD passes in the 4th Qtr and made it a 3 point game late.

I know it’s not all Wentz’s fault as he doesn’t block or play defense, but Carson has not looked great to me. Just seems like he’s holding on to the ball too long.

And I think Miami (or at least Fitzmagic) cared more about the Buffalo game than the Pitt game, but I get your point.

The way to bet Miami is 1H. They have covered the 1H line a few in a row now....I think going back to the week 1 debacle. I would not trust this team for 4 quarters. Shit, they were ahead for a good part of the Buff game and still lost by DD.

Getting my dose of schadenfreude today listening to WIP Philly. Host just said for the first time ever he thinks Dak might be a better QB then Wentz.

Dead Eye Duckie said it a couple of times last night and it was so true.....Cowboys were all business. For a team that doesn't typically run many schemes they ran some great ones on both sides of the ball. They went against some tendencies, especially in the red zone; the play fake bootleg popped open every single time. They also ran a delayed weakside safety blitz off a fake strong side blitz that Wentz never saw,

And the effort matched the schemes. O-line was superb, and Zeke ran with power and shiftiness that he hasn't shown in awhile. Defense was surprisingly opportunistic. Beautiful game, washed the stink off from last week's debacle.

And I think Miami (or at least Fitzmagic) cared more about the Buffalo game than the Pitt game, but I get your point.

his late TD killed my teaser, luckily the onside kick return for TD saved my teaser.......at least with fitzmagic....you can count on him to move ball downfield for backdoor cover.....

Mitch needs a genius to scheme for him and he needs to be put in a position where he‘s trying to make an impact with his legs not his arm
Mahomes has a genius scheming for him too. Brady does too. We will never know how they would be if they were the QBs of the Jaguars.

Mahomes has a genius scheming for him too. Brady does too. We will never know how they would be if they were the QBs of the Jaguars.

Yeah and Mitch has Nagy, who's a brilliant offensive mind. Just look at the advanced stats, they show how poor of a passer Mitch is. Last year he completed 71% of his deep passes on open windows ie when Nagy is able to scheme open receivers downfield. That number drops to 23rd in the NFL in tight windows. Last year ranked 30th in intended air yards vs completed air years Windy City Gridiron Fact Check: Trubisky and the Deep Ball and now he's even worse in this regard NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

This is a guy who can't throw downfield and can't throw into tight windows and that's scheme non-specific information. So you can pretty much measure Nagy's effect and then also focus on Trubisky's individual performance

Chargers have shown the ability of the many different ways to lose a game! Granted, the refs may have gift-wrapped the early X-mas gift to the Titans yesterday. But, why is Rivers lining up in shotgun on the goal line??? Chargers has to be up there as one of the most dysfunctional NFL team with bad owners.

One of my personal opinions on these matters is that using hindsight to re-grade drafts is a very stupid thing to do. In retrospect, taking Mitch over Mahomes looks ridiculous. But at the time, 8 other teams also passed on a guy who may go on to be the best QB of all time. Mahomes was a risky pick; at that time drafting non-pro style college qbs was considered risky. All the credit in the world to Andy Reid who saw where the game was going and made the move despite having a QB at the time.

Now, granted, regarding Mitch I would never use a first round pick on a QB who didn't start til his final season. I actually think Watson falling so far is the craziest part of that entire first round. But lets not use our 20/20 hindsight and act like the Bears are the only team who did not see Mahomes' superstardom coming

Raiders TT OVER is 3-0 Last 3 Weeks.
Having Mack On Chicago May Have Helped Last Year, This Year?!...5 Guys In Front Of Him When It Comes To Tackles.
49ers 6-0?! Much Like Kaepernick, Jimmy G Is Riding The Coattails Of A Great Defense. Ultimately He’ll Reap The Benefits & Get The Glory, But...
He’s Terrible In The Red Zone. The Pretty Boy Doesn’t WOW Anyone With His Arm. Plays Pitch & Catch. Throws A Lot Of Picks. A Very Bland Style Of QB'ing.
Even Chicago Could Put Up 31 vs The Redskins. The 49ers, 9...

He's Kinda A Limp Dick QB... You Can Kinda See Why The Patriots Owner Wasn’t Thrilled With Bill Belichek Wanting To Hand Him The Torch In New England.

Try running the ball Bears, just sayin...
Agree but man the Saints shut that shit down....early.

Couple questions:

Wouldn’t the Bears start Chase vs the Saints D? I know it’s been a while and schemes and players change but Just a thought.

The Saints were depleted yesterday and still Thomas had a huge game. Murray went off, but how can an NFL team not take Thomas out with the rest of the names that played? Teddy spread it a bit, but still. Wish the Saints could get another WR

Crimson K disagrees

And I know because I said I didn’t think Mahomes was the deal.

Oooops

Breaking: #Raiders traded CB Gareon Conley to the #Texans for a 3rd round pick, sources said. — Vic Tafur (@VicTafur) October 21, 2019 There were reports that the team considered moving Conley at the trade deadline in 2018 but ultimately decided to hold onto the Ohio State cornerback.

Yeah and Mitch has Nagy, who's a brilliant offensive mind. Just look at the advanced stats, they show how poor of a passer Mitch is. Last year he completed 71% of his deep passes on open windows ie when Nagy is able to scheme open receivers downfield. That number drops to 23rd in the NFL in tight windows. Last year ranked 30th in intended air yards vs completed air years Windy City Gridiron Fact Check: Trubisky and the Deep Ball and now he's even worse in this regard NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

This is a guy who can't throw downfield and can't throw into tight windows and that's scheme non-specific information. So you can pretty much measure Nagy's effect and then also focus on Trubisky's individual performance
That is fair and like I said, I don't think Mitch is amazing or anything.... just thought the "worst pick in recent history" is a bit outlandish.

I'll join you in hating on Mitch if there is not a big improvement by mid next year. Yes, I'm patient.

Crimson K disagrees

And I know because I said I didn’t think Mahomes was the deal.

Oooops
I actually liked Mahomes entering the draft, loved him at Tech but clearly I was saying "he'd be good to take in round 2" and shit like that.

Did they? Not taking anything away from NO D, as they played brilliantly. But, the Bears ran the ball like 5 times. It was never utilized. So, I can’t say it was shut down.
I think the Saints D hasn’t allowed a 100 yard rusher since 2017. I think CHI tried like 6 times? That right? It is low but they have been suffocating lately

And I’m going off what Zeke and Lenny did too.....maybe they thought they couldn’t?
Asking really

Raiders TT OVER is 3-0 Last 3 Weeks.
Having Mack On Chicago May Have Helped Last Year, This Year?!...5 Guys In Front Of Him When It Comes To Tackles.
49ers 6-0?! Much Like Kaepernick, Jimmy G Is Riding The Coattails Of A Great Defense. Ultimately He’ll Reap The Benefits & Get The Glory, But...
He’s Terrible In The Red Zone. The Pretty Boy Doesn’t WOW Anyone With His Arm. Plays Pitch & Catch. Throws A Lot Of Picks. A Very Bland Style Of QB'ing.
Even Chicago Could Put Up 31 vs The Redskins. The 49ers, 9...
I'd say those conditions in DC sucked. Let's add in that the Niners came off a MNF blowout at home vs Chicago then just pounded their division rival at home. This was an early start for them vs a garbage team. This was no shock really.

Goff actually moved his feet vs Atlanta. One time it looked forced like he was saying, "Here you happy now?"
Jalen RAMSey is the best cover corner in my 46 years of being a Rams fan. Very interesting to see how much better this D gets when Matthews returns. Oline blocked better with a rookie LG.
As a Rams fan, I'm actually stocked about the Rams in the Hunt for a Wildcard. They're better on the road then at home.

Back