Seven weeks almost in the books, what have we learned?

I might get killed for this, but I honestly don't know if we truly know how good NE and SF are. They've both looked dominant this year, but they've also played VERY easy schedules. In fact, NE's overall schedule is ridiculously easy...SF has a little harder schedule. Not saying neither team is good, I just don't really think they've been really tested YET.

I might get killed for this, but I honestly don't know if we truly know how good NE and SF are. They've both looked dominant this year, but they've also played VERY easy schedules. In fact, NE's overall schedule is ridiculously easy...SF has a little harder schedule. Not saying neither team is good, I just don't really think they've been really tested YET.
You are spot on. I do believe both defenses are damn good though.

Not to pick on the Chargers, since I’m a Titans fan...haha. But, they got stop 3 times on goal line, 2 was controversial. On the 3rd time, Gordon fumbles the ball right at the goal line and Titans recovers it.

Melvin Gordon looking like a WWE heel right now...trying to hold out...pffft!

Not to pick on the Chargers, since I’m a Titans fan...haha. But, they got stop 3 times on goal line, 2 was controversial. On the 3rd time, Gordon fumbles the ball right at the goal line and Titans recovers it.

Melvin Gordon looking like a WWE heel right now...trying to hold out...pffft!
Gordon hasn't had a rush over 7 yards I read. Wow

Sam Darnold is the worst pick in recent history because Lamar Jackson is better.

Put Darnold on Baltimore and Jackson on the Jets and things would look a lot different. The Jets have an incompetent coach, no WRs, and probably the worst offensive line in the league. Jackson meanwhile has the good Harbaugh and one of the best run organizations in the league.

I totally understand why Darnold is getting criticized after that debacle but this organization is why he is struggling. Gase is so beyond terrible and Maccagnan was the worst GM in the league. There isn't a young QB in the league that would have a chance under this coaching staff and the lack of talent around him.

Jets have a very easy schedule coming up. Dolphins, Giants, Raiders, Redskins, Bengals, Dolphins. Wouldn’t be surprised if they come back from the dead if they can beat the Jags.

The point is the Bears traded up for him ahead of Watson and Mahomes. You and BAR don‘t find that to be incredibly misguided? He was so overrated based on what he did at UNC. He‘s inaccurate as hell, has no arm strength, his footwork still sucks. Like what else do you want? The Bears have top defensive talent but won‘t get anywhere because they have Mitch Bortles at quarterback

I agree with you completely regarding Trubisky. It’s not so much passing on Mahomes who many believed to be a product of the system but moving up and selecting Trubisky at all. I never saw him as an NFL QB at all and couldn’t believe all the pre draft hype on the guy.

They weren’t the only team that whiffed big time in that draft. For instance the Jets with only Hackenberg on the roster picked a box safety over both QBs and it was widely reported that the Jets only like Trubisky out of the QBs in that draft. The Bears have a very talented roster but Trubisky is the difference between being a championship team and struggling to make the wild card game.

From the NFL Matchup twitter feed: The following teams are in the top 10 in 3rd down defense, top 10 in red zone efficiency, and top 8 in red zone defense efficiency:

Dallas Cowboys

That's it, that's the list.

Jets have a very easy schedule coming up. Dolphins, Giants, Raiders, Redskins, Bengals, Dolphins. Wouldn’t be surprised if they come back from the dead if they can beat the Jags.

that's a big if, they're a sizeable underdog

From the NFL Matchup twitter feed: The following teams are in the top 10 in 3rd down defense, top 10 in red zone efficiency, and top 8 in red zone defense efficiency:

Dallas Cowboys

That's it, that's the list.

can't imagine they adjust for schedule strength, only impressive win was PHI which was basically over after two drives thanks to fumbles

Back