Sept 26th - Finland SM-Liiga

charvik

NHL Road Fade Guru
Time to get cracking on the eastern neighbours.

I saw Santa has his thread up already, but I'll make my picks first, and will check in on his picks afterwards.

The first game that really sticks out is

HIFK/Lukko OVER 5.5 -125

Both teams are scoring over 4 per game to start the season, and both tends to let some pucks behind them too. The start of the season has been really fast paced, and I believe HIFK should win this fairly easy at home over a weak Lukko side (defensively). Also adding HIFK -1 +104

Blues/Jokerit

Jokerit has been really good to start the season, and are sporting 5 straight wins. They have been winning fairly easily, especially at home, with a more conservative style of hockey. The keeper matchup is interesting in this game too, and I believe it will be hard fought to the wire. With two good keepers and defensive play I believe this game has a good chance going under 5.5, so Blues/Jokerit UNDER 5.5 -120. Not picking a side, but Jokerit could get their first loss here. It feeld like a 2-2 game though...

Assat/HPK

Assat has struggled to start the season, and their PP is not producing... I'm not ready to back HPK on the road just yet so I am staying away from this game. HPK has traditionally tried to play fast paced hockey, so I will look to play them over in a more favorable matchup.

JYP/TPS

JYP has been playing really well defensively, only letting in 8 goals in 5 games and tomorrow they are facing TPS that struggled at home against Assat. I am playing JYP -0.5 +139 but will stay away from the total as TPS is up and don on defense.

KalPa/Pelicans

KalPa has struggled offensively on the road, so their stats are a bit skewed, but they are too much up and down at home to get a read on. Pelicans should win this game, but haven't been playing as well on the road. I'll stay off this game...

Karpat/Ilves

Karpat has been scoring in bunches against everybody except Jokerit, which is one of the better teams in the league, and I see no reason why they wouldn't contiue doing so against Ilves. Ilves has actually played every game this year under the total, so I am not choosing the OVER here, but Karpat is worth a play at Karpat -1 -112

Tappara/SaiPa

Both teams have been up and down and I can't find a reason to back a side or a total... Staying away...

SO, to recap the plays:

HIFK/Lukko OVER 5.5 -125
HIFK -1 +104
Blues/Jokerit UNDER 5.5 -120
JYP -0.5 +139
Karpat -1 -112

Time to break the Status Quo!

I am not going to be able to do a lot of ingame commentary today. My internet connection at work is going up and down, but I'll try to post scores here anyway...

Scores at 1st intermission:

Blues-Jokerit 2-1
HIFK-Lukko 0-1
JYP-TPS 3-0
KalPa-Pelicans 1-1
Karpat-Ilves 1-0
Tappara-SaiPa 1-1
Assat-HPK 1-0

mixed results so far...

Scores at 2nd intermission:

Blues-Jokerit 3-2 :nervous:
HIFK-Lukko 1-1 :down:
JYP-TPS 6-0 :wacka wacka:
KalPa-Pelicans 1-1
Karpat-Ilves 1-0 ????
Tappara-SaiPa 3-1
Assat-HPK 4-0

HIFK 21-14 SOG. Apparently Lukko is playing disciplined defense. They haven't been to the box a lot... :down:

charvik said:
HIFK 21-14 SOG. Apparently Lukko is playing disciplined defense. They haven't been to the box a lot... :down:

Time to go back to what they know and take some penalties for a 4 goal 3rd period :wacka wacka: :bow: money;

HIFK/Lukko OVER 5.5 -125 Loss
HIFK -1 +104
Push
Blues/Jokerit UNDER 5.5 -120 Loss
JYP -0.5 +139 WIN
Karpat -1 -112 WIN

2-2-1, -0.06 for the day...
Which brings me to:

Finnish Sides 2-2-3
Finnish Totals 5-5

Swedish Sides 3-1-1
Swedish Totals 1-2