Selection Sunday In-Game Thread

I just want to know if anyone else finds it obvious that TCU was ranked 3 to spare the Big Ten rematch.

No way TCU should be 3 and Ohio State 4 IMO. On the flip side, Ill take it as long as Bama doesnt get yet another undeserved shot at a title.

Seems like a disservice to Georgia who earned the easiest first round matchup and IMO they certainly didnt get it. If they are as good as it appears it really shouldnt matter.

I just want to know if anyone else finds it obvious that TCU was ranked 3 to spare the Big Ten rematch.

No way TCU should be 3 and Ohio State 4 IMO. On the flip side, Ill take it as long as Bama doesnt get yet another undeserved shot at a title.

Seems like a disservice to Georgia who earned the easiest first round matchup and IMO they certainly didnt get it. If they are as good as it appears it really shouldnt matter.
This is the second time Ohio St has gotten into the playoff without winning their division. Plus they also got in after only having to play 5 games another time. Alabama has only gotten in once in similar circumstances. Seems weird that you'd isolate Alabama and "undeserved shots." And I only know of one team that made it to a national championship appearance with 2 losses...

Agree with everything.

Incorrect.

How does OSU move UP two spots sitting at home?

Ridiculous to sit out an extra game and be rewarded.

This is really simple.

You guys have no merit moving up a team two spots sitting out the championship week that just got TRASHED at home by 3+ TDs.

TCU plays in a superior conference as well.

Common sense out the window here fellas.

January 9, 2012 left a mark
As did losing your coach to a rival with
a very good friend looking the other way at the top of the NCAA for many years.

Nothing to do with the playoffs

As an LSU fan we have earned the right to greatly dislike your coach and your program. Not taking away from your accomplishments. Its just about time
Alabama didnt get all the breaks. Thats all.
Nothing but love on a personal level.

I do not understand this

Ohio State did nothing yesterday while TCU basically played to move...nowhere. They were 3rd anyway and deserve to be 3rd.

I guess you can line Ohio State v TCU and favor them but I think you'd be wrong, why would they be lined better than TCU other than public opinion? Answer: they wouldn't be.

The CFB savant that I am...it's a shame that UGA and Michigan have to play some stupid game to prove that it should be those two playing one game for a title.

I do not understand this

Ohio State did nothing yesterday while TCU basically played to move...nowhere. They were 3rd anyway and deserve to be 3rd.

I guess you can line Ohio State v TCU and favor them but I think you'd be wrong, why would they be lined better than TCU other than public opinion? Answer: they wouldn't be.

The CFB savant that I am...it's a shame that UGA and Michigan have to play some stupid game to prove that it should be those two playing one game for a title.
Spot on here.

This is the perfect year for two teams only.

You guys have no merit moving up a team two spots sitting out the championship week that just got TRASHED at home by 3+ TDs.

TCU plays in a superior conference as well.

Common sense out the window here fellas.
Almost slipped that past me. Good one!

You sly son of a bitch you!

Almost slipped that past me. Good one!

You sly son of a bitch you!
Look at the metrics bubba.

Big 12 is slightly above SEC.

Big Ten way down there... (Not acc bad tho).

This makes the case for TCU at #3 (which again, isn't even a debate) more convincing.

It's happened before. One seed Clemson had to play OU in 2015 while two seed Bama got an abysmal Michigan State team.

This is the second time Ohio St has gotten into the playoff without winning their division. Plus they also got in after only having to play 5 games another time. Alabama has only gotten in once in similar circumstances. Seems weird that you'd isolate Alabama and "undeserved shots." And I only know of one team that made it to a national championship appearance with 2 losses...

Ill say this. Kansas State impressed me yesterday. Maybe its the ole Big 12 never plays defense that is hard to get past. Its a new time and offense runs things. Hell I argued with a local fella yesterday about why TCU deserved to be in the playoffs. But I looked for their ranked opponents and they were Kansas State and Texas I believe. Im open for discussion I just didnt realize people thought the Big 12 was better than the Big 10. And Ill be quick to admit the SEC is a shell of itself this year. Different times indeed.

Ill say this. Kansas State impressed me yesterday. Maybe its the ole Big 12 never plays defense that is hard to get past. Its a new time and offense runs things. Hell I argued with a local fella yesterday about why TCU deserved to be in the playoffs. But I looked for their ranked opponents and they were Kansas State and Texas I believe. Im open for discussion I just didnt realize people thought the Big 12 was better than the Big 10. And Ill be quick to admit the SEC is a shell of itself this year. Different times indeed.
Big 12 defense isn't great but it's no worse than most other conferences

Guessing you just think of Oklahoma and their past video game stats but most defenses are pretty good historically

The Baylor West Virginia game on a Thursday night got a coworker riled up. OK ST was winning alot early but giving up points in bunches. Defense and Big 12 seem like antonyms. Football has changed. SEC games rarely can be won decisively with 20 points any longer. Regardless I look forward to TCU shutting down Michigan. Ill pay handsomely to take that L.

It's happened before. One seed Clemson had to play OU in 2015 while two seed Bama got an abysmal Michigan State team.
Also in 2018 when Alabama had to chase around Kyler Murray in Miami while Clemson got to pull their starters 2nd half against Notre Dame in a dome

January 9, 2012 left a mark
As did losing your coach to a rival with
a very good friend looking the other way at the top of the NCAA for many years.

Nothing to do with the playoffs

As an LSU fan we have earned the right to greatly dislike your coach and your program. Not taking away from your accomplishments. Its just about time
Alabama didnt get all the breaks. Thats all.
Nothing but love on a personal level.
No offense taken. I just find it amusing that everyone talks about Alabama getting "all the breaks" when it's happened twice in the last 15 years, while there's another program that has gotten more breaks, including this year. I guess because they haven't won on many of those breaks people don't care as much

Look at the metrics bubba.

Big 12 is slightly above SEC.

Big Ten way down there... (Not acc bad tho).

This makes the case for TCU at #3 (which again, isn't even a debate) more convincing.
Interesting discussion, what makes a conference better? Is it more "good" teams, but fewer elite ones? Or is it a couple elite teams even if the bottom is abysmal? I'd argue there are no elite teams this year, at least not like we've had in the past. The SEC is seen as down this year, and I'd agree, but I also think they have more "good" teams than usual, even if the top isn't as good as usual. Hell, the "worst" team just had the best recruiting class in history lol

The 12 team playoff is gonna be exciting. The games remove the politics and regional biases. If you’re not a Top 10 team you have zero gripes if you get left out. Prove it on the field against all conferences not just your little bubble.

Some garbage bowl games for sure. Iowa/Kentucky will be as exiting a synchronized swimming. Not even mentioning the lower tier bowls.....

I think they are all awesome! Literally the playoff semis are the least appealing to me. I'll watch every single minute of all the others.

Riley said Caleb Williams hamstring injury is pretty serious. It's a 1 pt line vs Tulane so he's assumed not playing.

Iowa doesn't have a starting QB which is probably better than what Petras offered
Levis declared but hasn't announced if he's playing in the bowl. Why would you play vs that defense? Lol

Reactions: KJ
After watching Corral get hurt in the bowl game last year, I can't really blame him.

Back