Second Round Series Discussion

I don’t claim to be a nba expert, don’t even follow regular season and obviously don’t ever post in nba forum as don’t feel I add a whole lot (as much as I love hearing myself talk I try to stick w things I feel I can contribute value! Lol). I typically do pretty well in playoffs but only cause it square city and can basically chase the better teams to wins! Ok now that background out of way (lol) here my 2 cents.

Both the eastern semis the fav feels incredibly overpriced! I never make series bets and not gonna start but I honestly thought both would be lined way closer to the coin flips I feel like they are!!! I have very little doubt both series are destined to go 6-7 so think there gonna be lot of opportunities to get some dog cashes.

I’d be pretty surprised if both weren’t tied 2-2 after 4. I think I’ll be taking celts spread and probably ml until I get a cash in milw. Same w Philly in Toronto. My only concern is nba home court is more valuable than NHL where this strategy works great. In a perfect world at least one the road dogs wins gm1 then I can switch to home team gm 2. If we get a 1-1 scenario when series moves then I’ll look to play dog gm 3 or pass and play zig zag gm 4..,

Got the nice easy cash w celts gm1 and Philly did the thing gm2.

Now it gets interesting cause normally I’d prob pass on gm2 in milw but damn is it tough to not play celts again, I truly feel they the better team. I’m sure Bucks will play better but Boston has looked better every playoff gm thus far, are Bucks gonna be so much better they not only win but cover a 7.5 spread?? I’ll take my chances w Boston +7.5 but think I’ll leave the ml alone.

I guess Ill try Houston again but don’t really want to, can’t stand the way they attempt to draw fouls instead of playing the game.

After some reading I am betting Portland for the series and tonight

I feel like this the only series a road team might not take a game. I’d like to see Portland move on but just think not having their center will be too much to overcome this series, Jokic is gonna continue to abuse Kanter who a statue out there.

All this talk about Scotty being the Anti-Rocket, maybe the league reverses the narrative tonight.

Vegas set the Over/Under on fouls called in last night's Dubs v Rox game at 44.

There were exactly 44 fouls called in that game.

Vegas set the Over/Under on fouls called in last night's Dubs v Rox game at 44.

There were exactly 44 fouls called in that game.
It was Caesers. Linde and company set it at 44.5. There were two techs so the over hit and got payed.

And yes, those got rescinded but that is after the fact. 46 total fouls was the official number for settling bets.

Rockets (+5.5) in Game 1 down 4 with 4.4 seconds left in the game, no foul.

Rockets (+5.5) in Game 2 down 4 with 3 seconds left in the game, foul KD to lose by 6.

Yup...

Rockets (+5.5) in Game 2 down 4 with 3 seconds left in the game, foul KD to lose by 6.

Yup...
Now what were % bets/money on each game?

Yup...
That doesn't jive with the Harden dunking down 6 with under 5 seconds left.

There is no conspiracy there. That's all I'm saying. What it basically shows is that the oddsmakers offshore got this series pegged pretty well.

Definitely have never seen a team miss so many shots inside 2-3 feet as Denver tonight.

Also, why is one legged Jamal Murray shooting fadeaways on the most important possession of the game?

Lang was on the Warriors +3.5 for 100 dimes.

Bet he enjoyed that 'blown tire' dunk attempt by Scurry.

Wow. I still don't get him attempting a dunk there.

Was odd, think I've seen Steph dunk 3 times total in his career. Easy lay-in and something he'd do 9.9 times outta 10.

Not fouling down 5 with 20 secs left also odd, chances of winning slim but you gotta stay or at least look like you give a shit and stay competitive until the final buzzer.

These playoffs have had some doozies.

I think Curry and the rest of the Warriors were shocked from the missed dunk...

Stephs finger is reportedly going to be a problem for the rest of the series. He clearly didn’t have a feel for the ball last night because of it, we’ll see if he grows more confident over the next few days.

KD having a monster game, Draymond having a 20 point triple double and Iggy hitting a bunch of big shots all in the same game and losing is alarming if I’m a GS fan.

Well, I missed the games today but looks like a horrid 3q did the Blazers in. Very even boxscore.

Kawhi is amazing, but I'm not sure that Raptors give him enough reasons to stay...
I don't see a scenario in which Toronto lose this series and he stays...
I couldn't see PG13 staying with the Thunder as well, so I could be wrong though...

He's def the best player in the league right now. His efficiency is insane and he's the best defender in the sport.

Leonard would propel the Clippers to favs to win it all assuming they keep the rest of the roster in tact.

Although they should be able to give the Pelicans a good offer for AD centered around Gallo, Harrell, and 2 top 15 picks plus more in the future.

Just to note for GM6... Nuggets have played a lot of starters more than half the 4th in a 20-28 point game vs the Blazers bench.

Just to note for GM6... Nuggets have played a lot of starters more than half the 4th in a 20-28 point game vs the Blazers bench.

Certainly starting to feel like every series could go 7 except for Bucks, of course

Certainly starting to feel like every series could go 7 except for Bucks, of course
I'm not sure about this one in Portland. That was some "dog days" of the NBA season effort from Portland tonight. We'll see. These teams that seem dead rise from the ashes lately.

So what is this trend of coaches pushing their starters to brink in blowouts? It's unheard of. A major injury is going to happen and cost someone a job.

So what is this trend of coaches pushing their starters to brink in blowouts? It's unheard of. A major injury is going to happen and cost someone a job.
Yep, pretty stupid. When you're down by 15 or more with no momentum and less than 5 mins to play, id rather live to fight another day.

Back