SEC games this week with my PR

AU @ SC (+1)
UK @ Tenn (-8.5)
LSU @ Florida (-11.5)
Ole Miss @ Ark (-0.5)
aTm @ Miss St (+5.5)
Vandy @ Mizzou (-17.5)
UGA @ Alabama (-7.5)

This has been the most volatile opening few weeks since I've been doing my PRs, so I'm moving them more week to week than I am accustomed to, so it's been interesting for sure. Remember last week when I said it would be favorites holding serve? Yeah, me neither. Sure there's lot to discuss this week, lets make some money

Two crazy stats coming out of the Alabama-Ole Miss game last week:

Alabama's defense is dead last in the country in forcing 3 and outs, having done so on 3 of 34 drives

Against Ole Miss, Alabama's offense gained 723 out of a possible 764 yards

Two crazy stats coming out of the Alabama-Ole Miss game last week:

Alabama's defense is dead last in the country in forcing 3 and outs, having done so on 3 of 34 drives

Against Ole Miss, Alabama's offense gained 723 out of a possible 764 yards

jfc. 723 yards?!?! The score app I use stats were on the fritz this weekend so havnt seen any numbers. “Out of a possible” I’m assuming means that would be number of yards they could have gained had they scored a touchdown from every starting spot? That pretty cool stat, never heard that before!

jfc. 723 yards?!?! The score app I use stats were on the fritz this weekend so havnt seen any numbers. “Out of a possible” I’m assuming means that would be number of yards they could have gained had they scored a touchdown from every starting spot? That pretty cool stat, never heard that before!

It's one of the craziest stats I've ever seen. Not that they would dramatically impact the number, but I'm not sure if it accounts for penalties.

Yes, that is what the stat is measuring. I also had never heard it before

Did you just happen to see that brought up for that one game or is there somewhere I can find that on every game/team?

It's one of the craziest stats I've ever seen. Not that they would dramatically impact the number, but I'm not sure if it accounts for penalties.

yea it pretty freaking amazing. I’d be super interested in seeing that number for all games so I could play around with it!! In the end dunno how helpful it be but I like looking at different stuff! Lol

Vols were going to wear All Black Uniforms vs KentLucky but it fell apart.
I personally liked the Smoky Grays.

I just saw that last week PFF had LSU's Stingley and Ricks the #2 outside CB tandem (App St was #1). I'm not good with grading player performances or even knowing what players has what responsibility on what play, but in light of the Mizzou game, it would appear ranking any defensive player or categories the week after facing Vandy is massively flawed.

Edit - they had Bama's Surtain and Jobe as the #3 group.

Based off the Ole Miss game...and individual talent aside, are these CB groups really as good as PFF thought before Saturday's games? LSU and Bama Ds got lit up.

Florida and Vanderbilt put a lot of QB pressure on SC QB Collin Hill. Really noticable vs Vandy in the 1st H. Again, I am not a good evaluator beyond just what I see and then confirming statistically after the games. Muschamp has supposedly said this OL was the best he's had there?

I just saw that last week PFF had LSU's Stingley and Ricks the #2 outside CB tandem (App St was #1). I'm not good with grading player performances or even knowing what players has what responsibility on what play, but in light of the Mizzou game, it would appear ranking any defensive player or categories the week after facing Vandy is massively flawed.

Edit - they had Bama's Surtain and Jobe as the #3 group.

Based off the Ole Miss game...and individual talent aside, are these CB groups really as good as PFF thought before Saturday's games? LSU and Bama Ds got lit up.
Our corners played fine. It was the rest of the defense that really struggled, especially the middle LBs and safeties

Our corners played fine. It was the rest of the defense that really struggled, especially the middle LBs and safeties
I won’t say ours did, but Ricks is starting as true Freshman and what highest rated coming out.

Sting is a top 5 pick in NFL this year or next but he definitely had some non hustle plays last week

Why can't you just be traditional? Your regular unis look great.

It’s a recruiting tactic. High school kids love the different types of jerseys/combos. The all blacks were scheduled for Kentucky game before the all-SEC schedule and was supposed to be in support of BLM. Nike won’t allow it as it’s not in contract, but said that they could get them later this year or next year.

Someone mentioned Clemson effect. Not sure if that means they physically got whipped and are now extra tired or they were also mentally whipped because they saw reality.

Tenn saw reality last week. I bet Kentucky shows them more reality.

Arkansas is not slowing ole miss down.

Georgia ml

Florida is going to win bigly. Prolly by 4 tds

South Carolina ml too. Auburn knows they lost. They got nothing.

The Vols orange is great and versatile. They can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash during the week

good for construction work as well!! Since you brought up I realize I have lot of vols orange crap!! Lol

It’s a recruiting tactic. High school kids love the different types of jerseys/combos. The all blacks were scheduled for Kentucky game before the all-SEC schedule and was supposed to be in support of BLM. Nike won’t allow it as it’s not in contract, but said that they could get them later this year or next year.

didnt the ducks basically start this? Seemed like they had a different uni every week before everyone else!! Got that Nike money thing going on!!

My favorite game...at least top 3. For LSU anyway.

The Bama shit is fun and always good to get a Natty on em.

But this one and Ole Miss.....

ESPN:
LSU quarterback Myles Brennan is doubtful to play this weekend against No. 10 Florida, coach Ed Orgeron said on Wednesday.

Orgeron said that Brennan hasn't practiced all week after getting banged up during last Saturday's loss at Missouri.

Whether the game is even played is up in the air, though, as Florida paused all athletic activity on Tuesday following a COVID-19 outbreak.

A source told ESPN that the Gators had 19 positive tests on the team as of Tuesday night.

Orgeron said he wouldn't be surprised if the game isn't played as a result.

"The safety of the kids is the primary focus," Orgeron said. "... If the best thing for us is not to play, we shouldn't play."

If the game is played and Brennan is unable to start, LSU will likely call on either T.J. Finley and Max Johnson.

I’ll say this much. These way smaller than typical ncaa cards are a bummer but oh my god has the SEC ever been so amazing?!?? I know it will never happen but how great it be going forward if this what SEC looked liked with bama having to face one very good team after another! Compared to saban’s last 10 years where he never played more than 3 conf games in a row it seemed and also had his little sisters of the poor thrown in there!

Saban has to be hating life! Looking at schedule thinking “holy shit, we just played a crazy good ol piss offense and now we gotta play Uga????? Ain’t we supposed to play duke or East Carolina this week!?!?”. Lol

So what about Saban? Is that just antibodies? The timing of all this really sucks. It better not be Plandemic - The Sequel. Hope everyone stays safe. Guess Georgia Bama gets rescheduled by this time tomorrow. Boooooooo

Back