SEC Week 6 Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
I’m out of town most of the week with spotty internet, but wanted to at least get the discussion going.

Jorga has outscored Vols 122-26 the last 3. Won 8 of the last 10.
That last win was a Dobb Nail Boot HailMary. (And the last time they both were ranked vs each other)

How do you guys think the move will impact the line if at all? I am sitting on a 19.5 right now, but it will most likely be no-actioned due to the relocation, once it becomes official.

Seems like it may help you get a better number. I assume it will be shortened some due to travel but in the current environment I don’t see where it makes a difference. Maybe check LSU’s travel plans. The game is supposed to be moved to 11:00 along with the venue change, if LSU has to fly out much sooner or later than a normal routine maybe they’re negatively impacted.

I took 3 with Messy St but looking to get off at a low ML on UK the more I look at it.....Cats could run all over them. Plus possible bad weather bad for the air raid.

Took 14 with UT in a game I think they should keep close.

Bummer about weather messing with Bama/Ole Miss...that was gonna be fun.

I took 3 with Messy St but looking to get off at a low ML on UK the more I look at it.....Cats could run all over them. Plus possible bad weather bad for the air raid.

Took 14 with UT in a game I think they should keep close.

Bummer about weather messing with Bama/Ole Miss...that was gonna be fun.

I originally liked Messy State as well but weather suits UK so I’ll be looking to bet them ML.
Also, got a 14 with UT.

Mississippi State has lost 8 turnovers in two games, the only team close in the SEC is Texas A&M and Arkansas who have lost 5.
Nationally, Duke (4 games) has lost the most at 15. Followed by GT 12 (3 games), MTSU 9 (4 games) then Miss St.

Vanderbilt has thrown 3 INTs in the RZ this season.

Seems like it may help you get a better number. I assume it will be shortened some due to travel but in the current environment I don’t see where it makes a difference. Maybe check LSU’s travel plans. The game is supposed to be moved to 11:00 along with the venue change, if LSU has to fly out much sooner or later than a normal routine maybe they’re negatively impacted.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond! Yeah, I ended up taking the new number at 14 120 as I think it may be close in the first half given all the variables involved, but I expect LSU to assert their dominance in the 2H so will take my chances laying the 2 TDs.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond! Yeah, I ended up taking the new number at 14 120 as I think it may be close in the first half given all the variables involved, but I expect LSU to assert their dominance in the 2H so will take my chances laying the 2 TDs.
And to the point about travel, LSU will be flying in Friday and having a walk through there. So not really any different than a normal road trip unless there are delays getting out of BR on Friday morning.

And to the point about travel, LSU will be flying in Friday and having a walk through there. So not really any different than a normal road trip unless there are delays getting out of BR on Friday morning.

Good info, thanks! I had LSU something like 41-17 originally, so if this change causes a 10+pt swing then so be it, but I just don't see it happening. So many interesting games this weekend and of course it is the first weekend where I will be out of town without a tv in sight haha.

No Britt, no Seth Williams, think there’s one or two other starters who are going to be out

Will be interesting to see how Tennessee OL that everyone seems to think so highly of does.

Hearing that kickoff for Ole Miss/Bama has been moved back later in the day on Saturday. Based on the models, I don't think that will change very much as it appears that the storm is going to park over central and north Mississippi for about 12 hours beginning around 1 pm on Saturday.

Hearing that kickoff for Ole Miss/Bama has been moved back later in the day on Saturday. Based on the models, I don't think that will change very much as it appears that the storm is going to park over central and north Mississippi for about 12 hours beginning around 1 pm on Saturday.
Thanks for the update

Will be interesting to see how Tennessee OL that everyone seems to think so highly of does.
Auburn's Starting 5 OL vs Tennessee's

LT 3 Star/5 Star
LG 3 Star/5 Star
C 4 Star/4 Star Super Senior
RG 2 Star/5 Star
RT 3 Star/5 Star

Stars aren't the end all, be all, but tend to matter a lot more on the line. Absolutely zero comparison between these lines. Auburn has one of the worst OL they've had in a long time.

It's scheduled to kick at 5. So like an 8P kick or something?

Yeah, not sure what difference that can make as the storm is a slow mover.

OXFORD — Kickoff for the game between Ole Miss and Alabama will come a little later than expected.

Ole Miss announced Thursday morning that kickoff time for the game will be pushed back to 6:30 p.m. to avoid the worst of Hurricane Delta, which is expected to make its way through Mississippi on Saturday.

Correction here, LSU actually did leave a day early and arrived there tonight.

Auburn's Starting 5 OL vs Tennessee's

LT 3 Star/5 Star
LG 3 Star/5 Star
C 4 Star/4 Star Super Senior
RG 2 Star/5 Star
RT 3 Star/5 Star

Stars aren't the end all, be all, but tend to matter a lot more on the line. Absolutely zero comparison between these lines. Auburn has one of the worst OL they've had in a long time.
Auburn’s oline got their asses kicked.

Ok guys, I'm back. Looks like y'all did just fine without me, but I'll at least post my PR #s just for the sake of discussion. Looks like weather will impact multiple games.

Florida @ aTm (+5.5)
LSU @ Mizzou (+7)
SCAR @ Vandy (+14.5)
Tenn @ UGA (-13)
Ark @ AU (-16)
Alabama @ Ole Miss (+20.5)
Miss St @ UK (-5)

We've seen some upsets through two weeks, think chalk may hold serve this weekend as far as SU winners. I'm interested in Tenny and possibly Arky with the injuries to AU. Have to think Chad Morris really wants to win this one big, just not sure he has the horses to blow them out.

I'm still not sure what UGA is, though I think they are basically the same team they have always been under Kirby. We'll see if Tenn has gotten to the point where UGA just can't bully them around on both lines. I'm not a believer in UGA's offense, and if you can keep it pretty clean on offense and not give them short fields, you will be in the game until the end. And if you can force them to have to score a lot on offense, you'll have a great chance at winning.

UK's secondary got lit up by Ole Miss, will Miss St be able to do the same? You have to assume that UK will play similar defensive scheme to Ark, how will Leach adjust?

Might take a look at the over in CoMo, Mizzou has some dudes on offense. Disruptive week for sure for both teams

There are going to be points scored in Oxford. Lots of them. I think the usual Alabama 1H bets and over bets are the way to go. Backdoor will be wide open in the 2H

No thoughts on Scar/Vandy, though Muschamp can't afford to lose this one

Ok guys, I'm back. Looks like y'all did just fine without me, but I'll at least post my PR #s just for the sake of discussion. Looks like weather will impact multiple games.

Florida @ aTm (+5.5)
LSU @ Mizzou (+7)
SCAR @ Vandy (+14.5)
Tenn @ UGA (-13)
Ark @ AU (-16)
Alabama @ Ole Miss (+20.5)
Miss St @ UK (-5)

We've seen some upsets through two weeks, think chalk may hold serve this weekend as far as SU winners. I'm interested in Tenny and possibly Arky with the injuries to AU. Have to think Chad Morris really wants to win this one big, just not sure he has the horses to blow them out.

I'm still not sure what UGA is, though I think they are basically the same team they have always been under Kirby. We'll see if Tenn has gotten to the point where UGA just can't bully them around on both lines. I'm not a believer in UGA's offense, and if you can keep it pretty clean on offense and not give them short fields, you will be in the game until the end. And if you can force them to have to score a lot on offense, you'll have a great chance at winning.

UK's secondary got lit up by Ole Miss, will Miss St be able to do the same? You have to assume that UK will play similar defensive scheme to Ark, how will Leach adjust?

Might take a look at the over in CoMo, Mizzou has some dudes on offense. Disruptive week for sure for both teams

There are going to be points scored in Oxford. Lots of them. I think the usual Alabama 1H bets and over bets are the way to go. Backdoor will be wide open in the 2H

No thoughts on Scar/Vandy, though Muschamp can't afford to lose this one

I agree 100% on Uga. They look like a carbon copy of the team they have been the last several years. Nasty defense, conservative to a fault, stable of stud running backs. Oh and they have that kid (#3 I think) who could be the best corner in all the land, man was he impressive up against Auburn big stud wr!!! And of course we missed you as always enjoy reading your sec thoughts!

Back