SEC Week 6 Discussion

I understand the love for the over in Oxford, but I expect there to be cow pissing on a flat rock rain. I'll try to get y'all an update on conditions near kick, but if it's raining as much as I expect it's going to impact the game. Bama may be content to run it 50 times and leave with a 42-14 W.

I agree 100% on Uga. They look like a carbon copy of the team they have been the last several years. Nasty defense, conservative to a fault, stable of stud running backs. Oh and they have that kid (#3 I think) who could be the best corner in all the land, man was he impressive up against Auburn big stud wr!!! And of course we missed you as always enjoy reading your sec thoughts!

I think this is the worst offense they've had in years. Not a big fan of their RBs this year. White is pretty good, but he's not what they've had in the past. Cook is also DOUBTFUL tomorrow. Also, Benny Boy is going to have to show me he can do something...think he's been lucky so far.

I think this is the worst offense they've had in years. Not a big fan of their RBs this year. White is pretty good, but he's not what they've had in the past. Cook is also DOUBTFUL tomorrow. Also, Benny Boy is going to have to show me he can do something...think he's been lucky so far.

I always feel like their offense kinda stinks (outside the run game), so to me they basically the same. I’d agree these backs have something to prove to be compared to the proud tradition of Uga backs they churn out!!! But man that corner! (Pretty sure he #3?), he looks nfl ready to me!! My favorite part of that game (other than Kirby being ultra conservative and sitting on ball fo cash my under!) was watching that big aub wr battle that corner all night!!!

I always feel like their offense kinda stinks (outside the run game), so to me they basically the same. I’d agree these backs have something to prove to be compared to the proud tradition of Uga backs they churn out!!! But man that corner! (Pretty sure he #3?), he looks nfl ready to me!! My favorite part of that game (other than Kirby being ultra conservative and sitting on ball fo cash my under!) was watching that big aub wr battle that corner all night!!!

And you’re not wrong about the offense being bad - but I think these backs and QB are a pretty big downgrade. Time will tell. Oh yeah. Tyson Campbell is absolutely legit.

I understand the love for the over in Oxford, but I expect there to be cow pissing on a flat rock rain. I'll try to get y'all an update on conditions near kick, but if it's raining as much as I expect it's going to impact the game. Bama may be content to run it 50 times and leave with a 42-14 W.
I think the days of Alabama being content to run it 50 times are gone. Wet conditions generally favor the offense, wind would be my main concern as far as limiting points

I think the days of Alabama being content to run it 50 times are gone. Wet conditions generally favor the offense, wind would be my main concern as far as limiting points

seems to me last few weeks lot of ppl had made the case they expected saban to go back to pounding the ball but he seems pretty content airing it out!! Jones threw it 24x in 1st half vs mizzou then damn near 50x last week!! Think he has finally adapted to the times and why not when he now turning bama into WR U!!! Of course a bunch of rain could change that, while I don’t disagree wet can favor offense but some guys do not throw or catch a wet ball as well so really hard to say imo.

I think Saban always wants balance, but when we are far superior at one thing, he just wants to maximize our strongest attributes. When we had Derrick Henry, we ran the ball a zillion times. With Tua and those WR, we threw it. Most people saw the way Najee ran at the end of last year, but ignored the way Mac threw the ball, and assumed we’d run. Our OL also seems far better at pass pro than run blocking so far, not sure if that’s just because of a lack of practice or what.
Curious to what Grovehard is hearing, but Plumlee gave us fits last year. Any thought that Lane installs him as a bigger part of the offense this week?

I think Saban always wants balance, but when we are far superior at one thing, he just wants to maximize our strongest attributes. When we had Derrick Henry, we ran the ball a zillion times. With Tua and those WR, we threw it. Most people saw the way Najee ran at the end of last year, but ignored the way Mac threw the ball, and assumed we’d run. Our OL also seems far better at pass pro than run blocking so far, not sure if that’s just because of a lack of practice or what.
Curious to what Grovehard is hearing, but Plumlee gave us fits last year. Any thought that Lane installs him as a bigger part of the offense this week?
On Plumlee I guess that’s possible. I haven’t heard anything. I will say that the offense bogged down when Lane insisted on working Plumlee in against UF and UK. He may get a couple of sets, but with the way Corral is playing it would be hard to give the keys to the offense to someone else.

I realize Lane fixed his offensive stubborness and helped unleash the monster that Bama has become. However, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Saban try to control possession and shorten the game given the weather conditions and his knowledge that Lane will pull out all the stops in an attempt to keep it close/upset the Tide (I know yeah right).

We got periods of 3-4”+ /hr last night. That kind of rain barely allows you to stand up much less play pitch and catch. I would suggest everyone tread lightly in these rain affected games. These are likely not going to be showers but torrential downpours in many areas dealing with this “tropical moisture”.

We got periods of 3-4”+ /hr last night. That kind of rain barely allows you to stand up much less play pitch and catch. I would suggest everyone tread lightly in these rain affected games. These are likely not going to be showers but torrential downpours in many areas dealing with this “tropical moisture”.

Yeah, I can't run fast enough from (significantly) impacted weather games. Rain, wind and slop can be a great equalizer when it comes to ball security and the like.

Thanks. Didnt know that

Just a rumor. Think people are speculating that because he's been 'cleared' for two weeks and still not taken a single practice snap. If he were healthy, think it's safe to say he'd be in there over these guys. Knowing my Vols luck, Stetson will be awful and then JT comes in without a single practice and leads them to a comeback.

Just a rumor. Think people are speculating that because he's been 'cleared' for two weeks and still not taken a single practice snap. If he were healthy, think it's safe to say he'd be in there over these guys. Knowing my Vols luck, Stetson will be awful and then JT comes in without a single practice and leads them to a comeback.

That's almost exactly what I want to see happen but not cover 12.5 :)

GL Ryno

In my experience, that only happens TO UGA, not BY UGA

Very strange Hurricane. Many miles away and the fricking wind is just starting to settle
down just outside of Baton Rouge. Have had minimal rain throughout the day being on the normally worst side (NE quadrant). The heavy rain has been north to northwest of the center and the strongest winds were on the south side for some reason. Not sure if this helps as it will lose its eye by noon and hopefully a lot of the wind speed. The rainfall will be heavy for stadiums in the direct path of the center or circulation or up to ~80 miles west of where it tracks.

Found this:

Pete Thamel

@PeteThamel

Source: Missouri will be without two starting WRs against LSU today and three of its top five WRs. Leading WR Damon Hazelton, starter Keke Chism and reserve Dominic Gicinto are out due to COVID-19/contact tracing. Among the seven total players out for Missouri are 2 reserve DBs.
10:30 AM · Oct 10, 2020

Dave Matter

@Dave_Matter

Mizzou confirms: DT Kobie Whiteside (right leg) and DT Darius Robinson (right ankle) both out today. Six players are out for COVID-19 related reasons: WR KeKe Chism, WR Damon Hazelton Jr., WR Dominic Gicinto, DT Akial Beyers, SS Stacy Brown, DB Tyler Jones

Found this:
If only Pelini would’ve been unable to participate today. This is far worse than Leach anal probing us on opening day. IF LSU gets another lead I would fully support endorse and root for anyone to cash with a Mizzou ML. If not turnovers LSU would be down 20 or so. Absolutely mind blowing. MIZZOU HAS YET TO PUNT IN THIS GAME!

There’s your shot. Pounce. One play 75 yard bomb to Marshall for his third TD. If nonetheless. HAMMER THE LIVE OVER WHATEVER IT IS!!!!!

UGA better be better in the 1st half than they were vs Arky and UT or it will be a long day in Tuscaloosa.

their 1st half better resemble the auburn game or you right it be lights out. Will be great seeing dawgs corner number 3 locked up with one bama wrs, that kid one the better looking college corners I’ve seen, or he was during that auburn game anyways.

Back