SEC Week 13 Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Even with all the FCS opponents, the conference still turned out some interesting games. Impressed with Florida, especially the defense, but equally disappointed in LSU. Seems like a high level of dysfunction within the program. Seems like they need to clean house completely. Glad to see I wasn't crazy when my PRs had Arkansas as a 10 point favorite. Two bad defenses there. Speaking of bad defense, good gracious Tennessee and Mizzou. Missouri had 740 yards of offense and lost. Losing TO battle 4-0 will do that. And Vandy handily beating Ole Miss was a surprise. Especially by scoring 38. Thought I heard it was the most points scored by Vandy under Derek Mason. Should be some good games this week/weekend, even if none of them really have playoff implications.

Week 13 SEC PR lines:

LSU -1.5 @ aTm
Arkansas -9.5 @ Mizzou
Alabama -20.5 vs Auburn
Florida +9.5 @ FSU
UGA -1 vs Georgia Tech
Kentucky +21.5 @ Louisville
Ole Miss -10.5 vs Miss St
SCAR +26 @ Clemson
Tenn -11 @ Vandy

Not sure what's left for either team in LSU/aTm. Probably a stay away game for me, but with it being on Thursday, might have to try to find an angle.

Ark/Mizzou is going to have to set a total in the 80s for me not to take it.

Iron Bowl should be low scoring. I honestly don't know how AU will score other than their kicker making a half dozen 50 yard FGs. AU should be able to pressure Hurts enough to limit his downfield passing, more than it is already limited. How well they tackle on the WR screens and jet sweeps will determine how well Alabama can move the ball.

I've heard that McElwain really needs to beat FSU as there are grumbles about him even though he's won the division both years he's been there. And is Jimbo halfway out the door to LSU? Another stay away game for me, but I figure it to be low scoring

No clue on UGA-GT.

Kind of lean UK here. I could see Louisville sleep walking through this one and Jackson saves them in the 4th quarter. Though we've seen that they can take 3 quarters off and still win by 4 TDs like they did against Wake. I feel confident that UK is going to give max effort

No way Ole Miss has their heads in this one right? Or is the rivalry important enough that they give one last great effort? They are so banged up and Miss St has found something on offense, and Ole Miss still can't tackle. Another candidate for the over, could only back Miss St here

Granted they haven't played anyone as good as Clemson, but SCAR hasn't lost by more than 14 points all season. One thing you can expect from Muschamp is to make the game really ugly. I think the only way Clemson covers this is if they are covering by mid 2nd quarter and SC is in catch up mode. But if it's a one score game at halftime, no way I see Clemson covering 3+ TDs

There will likely be 3 times as many Vol fans in the stands as Vandy supporters, so it's pretty much a home game. Nice win for Vandy last week, but I have a feeling Butch Jones is selling his team on a Sugar Bowl berth as motivation and they still have so much more talent. I think Tennessee blows them out here and the media can start the Tennessee hype train for 2017

Other PR lines in games of interest:

Texas -2 vs TCU
Washington -4.5 @ Wash St
tOSU -5.5 vs Michigan
Penn St -15 vs Mich St
USC -16 vs Notre Dame

Good luck to everyone. Hope everybody uses this week to remember and appreciate everything they are thankful for. It's been an interesting and trying year for me, but planning on coming out if it stronger and more positive than ever. Safe travels to anyone on the road this week. Looking forward to some good discussion and good games. Ok CK, the floor is yours

I like UK, FSU, and Tech in the ACC-SEC games. Not sure about Clemson/USC yet.

Also like Ark and maybe Vandy. Also lean to State and possibly the overs in that one and the Ark/Mizzou game depending on the numbers.

The thing about UL is that they've shown themselves to respond poorly to adversity. They didn't bounce back from the Clemson loss, they didn't nut up after they were surprised to be ranked outsided the top 4, and I don't think they'll respond well to the UH loss.

I agree with your thoughts on UL. I also wonder how Jackson will respond now that his grasp on the Heisman is slipping. Will he press and try to do too much? Or will he prove himself worthy of the trophy?

I expected the Egg Bowl line to open much lower. Engram's status is up in the air, OL injuries are piling up, and the defense is awful. I don't have a total yet, but the number is going to have to be very high for me not to bet the Over.

I expected the Egg Bowl line to open much lower. Engram's status is up in the air, OL injuries are piling up, and the defense is awful. I don't have a total yet, but the number is going to have to be very high for me not to bet the Over.

guessing 67ish?? Unrelated, but it's going to be hard to get any accurate auburn injury updates I fear.

LSU @ aTm (Thurs 7:30) aTm +6.5/46.5 Home team is 31-13 in series. Aggies have never beaten LSU since joining SEC and are winners of past 5 (Avg Score 28-15 - Ags havent scored 20 since 2011) Since the Alabama game the offense just hasn't been as good for the Ags (4, 6, 5.5 ypp against SEC foes past 3) and offense has now lost the QB run element with Knight OFY - rush numbers fell from 275 pre bama and now to 155 - The OL is bad right now and this DL they're gonna face.. LSU masters of big play under Coach O (7.7, 10.9, 2.5, 8.1, 5.8) and defense hasn't allowed 350 yards in that stretch. Total could be where this gets interesting - I would have a pretty strong under lean here and I think I would consider LSU if the number is as short as it could be but something feels kinda funny about it.. I don't know how LSU mental state will be after emotional loss in which they had no business losing with 423-270 yardage edge. Total hard to make as low as I think it should be with aTm pace although they didn't go that fast last week against UTSA. I worry that aTm won't be able to tackle LSU as the rush defense has really been exposed later this year and the corners don't to do too hot against LSU receivers - Garrett showed he is healthy again though with 4.5 sacks against the road runners. Just kinda feels like an under - would love a number in 50's but hard to know where this comes.

NC State @ UNC (Fri Noon) UNC -8/63 UNC 3-2 past 5 (Avg score 24(unc)-27(ncsu)) 45-34 UNC last season. UNC is fighting for Coastal and NCSU is fighting for bowl. UNC strength is passing the ball and NC State is really poor defending it but outstanding against run. UNC greatest weakness on defense is stopping run and NC St isn't great running it and relies more on passing attack. I think the UNC pass game is clearly the biggest advantage in the game and their biggest weakness shouldn't be too badly exploited. The teams have combined for 9 games decided by one score this season. Pretty sure UNC open right around 7ish so unlikely to take a side but I have some mild interest in going over. Citadel actually out FD and outgained UNC last week in deceptive 41-7 game. NC State off 27-13 home loss to Miami which was a closer game than score indicated.

Arkansas @ Mizzou (Friday 2:30) Mizzou +6/67.5 The Battle Line Rivalry has been a split the past two years - 21-14 Mizzou and 28-3 Arky last season. I don't think there is a whole lot of significance to this game, Arky is bowling and Mizzou is not. Mizzou should really run all over Arky here and this strikes me as a game where Arky can have quite a bit of offensive success as well. Another game with huge contrasts in pace but I think the matchups favor a lot more scoring in this one. Arky likely to be around a TD favorite and no way I would lay that - I actually have mild interest in Mizzou here as a home dog in what could and should be a back and forth game but I think it would take a really big number I can't seem to win a Mizzou side bet. Mizzou played Tenny tough for awhile last week and ran an incredible 110 plays for 740 yards and Tenny had 609 on 67. Arky drubbed Miss St 58-42 passing and running for over 300 at 9.9 ypp. Miss ST had 533 - 300+ throwing and 200 on ground for 7.8 ypp. Mizzou RB Crockett a little Rock native and wasn't offered by Hogs - he should get his - scratch that, he got arrested for pot after the game.

GT @ UGA (Sat Noon) UGA -6/48 Clean, Old Fashioned Hate has been close the past 3, with 2 of those going to OT and all 3 being decided by 6 or 7 - Dawgs 2-1 last 3. Kirby has seen option before at Bama and didn't defend it well but I'd like to think he has looked at it all year understanding the significance of this game to the program but read this morning he said they have only worked on it twice - his DC has NFL pedigree so never faced it to my knowledge. UGA offense has been bit better since Chaney moved from sideline up into booth for Kentucky game. Surprisingly, Dawgs OL played their best game of season against Auburn who has like 4 diff 5* on the DL. The offense didn't wow in that game as they didn't score an offensive TD but they certainly looked much better than earlier in year. I really dislike the GT defense and think UGA could have a lot of success against them. The dreaded blackout in Athens was almost their undoing against ULL as they won 35-21 but were actually out FD'd and outgained 465-400 (162 for ULL on final 2 drives with backups in for Dawgs) where they jumped up early with nice play in all 3 phases but the backups gave up some junk late which prob ended up being a more indicative scoreline and MOV than what it was looking like. GT beat UVA last week in one of the weirder box scores I saw - UVA with a 25-8 FD edge and 409-321 yardage. GT had TD runs of 60 and 67 and a passing TD of 54 and a pick 6 - so they had some huge plays in what was otherwise a very forgetful performance which isn't a surprise considering the sammich spot they were in. Like Dawgs here if I can lay less than 3 - Dawgs 13-2 last 15 Richt owned these guys.

UK @ Louisville (Sat Noon) Ville -22.5/68 Ville winers of past 5 Governor's Cups (Avg score 33-22 and all by less than 20 MOV) Kentucky finally bowling and Ville coming off humiliating loss where their OL was worse than words can describe and I do like a big dog playin' loose. Ville is going to score a ton here. UK will actually be one of the best offenses Ville has seen down stretch as they got a back loaded patsy stretch before Houston who still wasn't full strength. Here is where everything hinges, can a totally one dimensional Cats offense move it consistently against a Ville front that is very tough to run on - 125 rypg and 3.7 ypc. Prior to Houston game, Ville hadn't allowed a rushing TD since 10/1 against Clemson and have only given up 3 on the year (prior to Houston as I write this - update, they ran for 1 TD but held to 1.9 ypc) Kentucky fares best against teams that can't stop run and can't run well - pretty much the antithesis of Ville who is top 10 in both. UK gives up 5 ypc on defense and on offense they have scored 33 TD (22 on ground and 11 through air *prior to AP - update - they just wildcatted AP to death in 2H). On the top end of that range I have interest. I think I want to like UK here but it's gonna have to be pretty massive for me to get involved - will be at least 21 and I suppose as high as 27 but unsure after Houston game UK played QB Luke Wright a good bit last game, unbeknownst to me, and that ultimately cost them the cover and the highest of the over numbers I bet that game.

Virginia @ VT (Sat Noon) VT -16.5/56 VT 14-1 since Y2K (Last 5 avg score 24(vt)-12(uva)) Two new coaches in the commonwealth cup rivalry so no real precedent to go on in terms of how they handle this game. The stakes are obviously much higher for VT but this is UVA super bowl as they won't be playing in a bowl. VT just solid in all phases and I like their advantages stopping a one dimensional UVA offense and their explosive passing offense should be an issue for the UVA secondary - Matt Johns got the start at QB for UVA last game and prob not much difference between him and Kurt right now other than Johns is older so game could mean more? I'm not really interested in betting this game at all. VT off come from behind win at ND and have to have this to face Clemson in ACCG.

Syracuse @ Pitt (Sat 12:30) Pitt -20/65.5 All depends on Cuse QB situation. Pitt should run all over Cuse and Cuse (depending on QB) should throw all over Pitt although I just don't like this cuse team at all without Dungey and also playing outdoors in what could be another weather game - early forecast shows cold and potentially wet. Will pass.

BC @ Wake (Sat 3:00) Wake -4/31 I saw the NFL is doing a game in Mexico.. I vote this game should be played there too. I bet under 36

Duke @ Miami (Sat 3:30) Miami -7.5/55 Last years game was nuts. Miami had an 8 lateral kickoff return TD as time expired that cost some officials their jobs and totally screwed Duke in a game they should have won. “I’ve never heard a locker room as quiet,” Cutcliffe said on Sunday. “There wasn’t anybody moving, let alone speaking. It was deafening silence. There were just no appropriate words to talk about what happened on the field.” Duke fighting for bowl eligibility here and Miami is already secure but out of the division race. Miami will have athletic edge and they have shown that is when they are at their best when they simply have better guys. Duke continuing to play better and are experts in playing in, not necessarily winning, close games. I think the biggest edge is the Miami pass offense against Duke pass defense but expect both teams will do pretty well offensively. Duke coming off 56-14 loss at Pitt in weather game where the Duke ground game was totally stifled at just 1 ypc. Miami is going to be a huge favorite here and I'll likely be on Duke again getting two scores. I bet Duke +15

Miss St @ Ole Miss (Sat 3:30) Ole Miss -6.5/73 Egg Bowl!! Ole Miss 3-2 the past 5 (Avg score 25-23 but oddly enough it's only been a 1 score game once in stretch) Boy does this one look pointsy. Ole Miss no good stopping run and Miss St can't defend the pass. Pace should be blistering. Miss St just torched by Arky but offense continues to look much better against bad defenses and Fitgerald and the OC doing better job of playing to their strengths. OM laid an egg in Nashville as they looked totally disinterested on a cold night. Patty Football looked more like a freshman as he left the pocket a second early multiple times, IMO, and his OL and WR did him absolutely no favors. The defense was even more disappointing as they allowed the most points that Vandy has scored in conference under Mason - 38 and almost 500 yards offense. OM only good LB, Gates, is suspended for the 1H for a targeting penalty in 2H - huge loss. Pellerin replaced Patterson on final drive when game was out of reach but I don't make too much of that and still think it should be SP unless special packages for JP are put in. This probably not a total that is messed up too badly but I am hoping it is - I'll look at over. I bet over 68.5

Auburn @ Alabama (Sat 3:30) Bama-17/46.5 Bama 4-1 in the Iron Bowl since the wild Cam from behind in 2010 (Avg score 39-21). Auburn should have a real problem here moving the football at all. They've gotta have White healthy here or his 6-20 for 27 yards like we saw in Athens is going to lead to a real boat racing as we have seen how teams that can only run fare against this defense. I think the Auburn defense is good enough to keep Bama in check for much of the game IF the Aub offense can generate anything. Forecasting the Bama offensive output is challenging for me here - Aub offense has been held under 20 in 4 games against the better defenses they've faced and that seems very realistic to me here. Aub defense hasn't allowed 30 this year but I think they prob do here. Bama LT Cam Robinson hurt last game and that is massive blow but Saban indicates he expects him to be ready for Iron Bowl but the best unit for Aub is DL and it's going to be all hands on deck needed. Feels like a 30-13 type game. UTC defense dominated the Bama offense at times last game and while they are FCS they are the second best defense Bama has played this season - nice season, SEC.

Tenn @ Vanderbilt (Sat 7:30) Vandy +9.5/57 Vols have commanding overall series lead but Vandy has enjoyed their most success recently as they are 2-3 last 5 with an OT loss (Avg score 20(V)-26(T)) Tenn no longer fighting for chance to get mauled by Alabama in the SECCG and Vandy still fighting for a bowl after upset win over OM. From a matchup standpoint, Vandy can't pass but can run okay and UT hasn't shown they can stop the run at all. UK won't be confused with the Vandy offense but they don't pose any passing threat either and ran for 450 yards recently which leads me to believe Vandy can move it some especially after the 700+ posted by Mizzou last week and the Vandy offense having almost 500 against OM. The Vandy defense is worse than their PPG numbers indicate and they will certainly be at an athletic disadvantage here, per usual. Would be Dores or nothing but would prob need 14+ to play (Possible as they were +12 to UF and +10 to OM at home).

USCe @ Clemson (Sat 7:30) Clemson -14.5/52 USCe 3-2 last 5 but Clemson winners of past 2, 35-17 and 37-32 (Avg score 28(sc)-24(c)). This is going to be a silly number Clemson is laying here. Thing is, USCe has been much better than anticipated and Clemson much worse and its still likely to be in the vicinity of 24+ which is where the GOY lines had this one. I'll play USCe at that price without hesitation. Defensively I think USCe is good enough to make some stops against a very erratic Tiger offense and while this is a huge test again for Bentley I like the consistent improvement of this offense - 588 last game against FCS. While USCe only scored 7 against a Florida defense that is better than this Clemson one, although similar athletically, they had 250+ yards. I think that type of yardage is certainly possible here and I expect them to do a bit more scoring. If this opens, let's say -24, I feel good about USCe getting to 14+ and keeping Clemson under 40- USCe hasn't given up more than 28 this year until last week WCU got 31 and that could actually be close to what the spread is. The main red flag I saw was the athletic QB for WCU and the zone read success they enjoyed - def something Clemson can and will do. Side note - the WCU QB is super athletic and fun to watch and their RB was a hoss. I think this has the potential to be one of my favorite plays of the week as all the pressure is on Clemson and USCe should be playing care free as they are already bowling and playing with house money. Clemson has played in 6 diff 1 score games thus far and has shown they will let just about anybody with a pulse hang around and Carolina has played in 5 such games and haven't lost by more than 14 this year. I'll take anything in the 20's here - Clemson beat up Wake good enough that shouldn't suck any value out. I bet USCe +24.5

Florida @ FSU (Sat 8:00) FSU -9.5/41 Nole 4-1 last 5 (Avg score 27-14 - UF held to 7 or less in 4 of last 6) When looking at Noles schedule they haven't played hardly any good defenses. I guess the best ones are Ville, Miami, Clemson who held them to 20-284, 20-407 and 34-449. I suppose inversely that UF hasn't faced many good offenses - Tenn 38-498, Mizzou 14-363 and Arky 31-466. The FSU OL should have tough time in this game with the UF front even though they are just beat to heck so prob less so - LSU's rag tag group had almost 500 yards against them last week and FSU offense way better than LSU. Still, the quality at DL for the Gators is outstanding comparatively and even a bunch of the ACC cellar dwellars have killed Francois so it's a concern. The FSU defense has improved greatly as the season has gone on and the UF offense possesses very little threat to them. UF upset LSU last week in super emotional win and not sure how they bounce back here with Bama on deck - shouldn't be a look ahead, but I just think this is a team that is low on juice. Rooting for both teams to play high scoring games Week 12 and drive this total up a bit where I'd look to go under on a mid/high 40's total. FSU opened way shorter than I expected I bet them -5.5 -115 and under 45.

SEC/ACC:

LSU/aTm Under 49 (smaller)
NC State/UNC Over 57
BC/Wake UNDER 36
Duke +15
Miss St/Ole Miss OVER 68.5
USCe +24.5
USCe TT Over 12.5 -110
FSU -5.5 -115
UF/FSU UNDER 45
Kentucky +28.5 (smaller)
Tenn/Vandy OVER 52 (smaller)

Other:

Tulane/UConn UNDER 40
Michigan/Ohio State UNDER 50
ND/USC Over 55.5 -115 (smaller)
Charleston Southern/Wofford Under 62.5

Last edited:
G - You were dead on with Arky deserving to be big fav over Miss St - hope you cashed on it. I believe both of us have Arky RSW bets so hope they handle Mizzou this week.

Arky/Mizzou total opened high 60's but is now mid 70's after couple minutes so you have company there in those liking the over. I can't go over on a 70's total with a team as slow moving as Arky even if the matchups really favor points.

Like you, I really want to like UK here but I just don't know, another total where the over got crushed and I don't feel like sneaking in another Ville under those have been super profitable for me this year but may have given me an ulcer.

Not sure who wins and how the game goes in Nashville but I sorta regret not going over 53 at open and now i've lost a few points value in key areas.

I share your sentiments on the holiday week - Happy thanksgiving to you and yours!

I like UK, FSU, and Tech in the ACC-SEC games. Not sure about Clemson/USC yet.

Also like Ark and maybe Vandy. Also lean to State and possibly the overs in that one and the Ark/Mizzou game depending on the numbers.

The thing about UL is that they've shown themselves to respond poorly to adversity. They didn't bounce back from the Clemson loss, they didn't nut up after they were surprised to be ranked outsided the top 4, and I don't think they'll respond well to the UH loss.

If UK wasn't at such an X and O disadvantage I would have played them in a heart beat and still may if it climbs but Ville is about the worst matchup for them schematically. Agree with you and GPS though that the edge in psyche should be with Cats. I actually watched the entire Ausin peay/UK game and it was as thrilling as most of us would imagine.

Agree with you on the best way to play it. I worried it was going to open higher than I would have liked and got a number that will prob do well versus market at 68.5 but kinda sad they didn't open it just a smidge lower.

I may put the house on Arky and the garage on LSU.

I didn't see any of the Ags game last week but I was upset about not playing 3 games my numbers told me I should and UTSA was one of them. Looked like a disinterested effort from a beleaguered team - what did you see and what you seeing for Thurs?

Isn't that usually Mizzou's yardage for a 3 game stretch?

Mizzou is actually a much different offense than past few years. Their numbers may not reflect it as much and they still don't have the horses to succeed against good defenses but against average/bad defenses they are going to score a ton. They are the fastest paced team in country and have been all season.

I don't see any reason LSU won't show up.....I've always thought they drop this one though, but it was under very very different circumstances.

SB Nation:

[TABLE="class: p-data-table, width: 725"]
<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; text-decoration: inherit; vertical-align: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]College Football Playoff[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fiesta
Dec. 31, Glendale, AZ[/TD]
[TD]Michigan[/TD]
[TD]Clemson[/TD]
[TD]Playoff rankings top 4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Peach
Dec. 31, Atlanta[/TD]
[TD]Alabama[/TD]
[TD]Washington[/TD]
[TD]Playoff rankings top 4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]National Championship
Jan. 9, Tampa[/TD]
[TD]Alabama[/TD]
[TD]Michigan[/TD]
[TD]Fiesta winner vs. Peach winner[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
<colgroup style="box-sizing: border-box; text-decoration: inherit; vertical-align: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><col style="width: 159px"><col width="118" style="box-sizing: border-box; text-decoration: inherit; vertical-align: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><col width="120" style="box-sizing: border-box; text-decoration: inherit; vertical-align: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><col width="206" style="box-sizing: border-box; text-decoration: inherit; vertical-align: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"></colgroup><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; text-decoration: inherit; vertical-align: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]New Year's Six bowls[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cotton
Jan. 2, Arlington, TX[/TD]
[TD]Western Michigan[/TD]
[TD]Wisconsin[/TD]
[TD]At-large[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rose
Jan. 2, Pasadena, CA[/TD]
[TD]Ohio State[/TD]
[TD]USC[/TD]
[TD]Big Ten 1 vs. Pac-12 1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sugar
Jan. 2, New Orleans[/TD]
[TD]Oklahoma[/TD]
[TD]Tennessee[/TD]
[TD]Big 12 1 vs. SEC 1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Orange
Dec. 30, Miami[/TD]
[TD]Louisville[/TD]
[TD]Penn State[/TD]
[TD]ACC vs. Big Ten/SEC/ND[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; text-decoration: inherit; vertical-align: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">[TR]
[TD]Conference selection order, not based on standings[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Outback
Jan. 2, Tampa[/TD]
[TD]Nebraska[/TD]
[TD]Auburn[/TD]
[TD]Big Ten 2-4 vs. SEC 3-8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Citrus
Dec. 31, Orlando[/TD]
[TD]North Carolina[/TD]
[TD]Florida[/TD]
[TD]Big Ten 2-4/ACC vs. SEC 2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]TaxSlayer
Dec. 31, Jacksonville[/TD]
[TD]Virginia Tech[/TD]
[TD]LSU[/TD]
[TD]ACC 3-6/Big Ten 5-7 vs. SEC 3-8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Music City
Dec. 30, Nashville[/TD]
[TD]Iowa[/TD]
[TD]Arkansas[/TD]
[TD]ACC 3-6/Big Ten 5-7 vs. SEC 3-8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Liberty
Dec. 30, Memphis[/TD]
[TD]Kansas State[/TD]
[TD]Georgia[/TD]
[TD]Big 12 5 vs. SEC 3-8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sun
Dec. 30, El Paso, TX[/TD]
[TD]Pitt[/TD]
[TD]Stanford[/TD]
[TD]ACC 3-6 vs. Pac-12 5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Arizona
Dec. 30, Tucson[/TD]
[TD]Air Force[/TD]
[TD]Idaho[/TD]
[TD]MWC vs. Sun Belt[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alamo
Dec. 29, San Antonio[/TD]
[TD]Oklahoma State[/TD]
[TD]Colorado[/TD]
[TD]Big 12 2 vs. Pac-12 2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Belk
Dec. 29, Charlotte[/TD]
[TD]Miami[/TD]
[TD]South Carolina[/TD]
[TD]ACC 3-6 vs. SEC 3-8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Birmingham
Dec. 29[/TD]
[TD]Houston[/TD]
[TD]Kentucky[/TD]
[TD]American vs. SEC 9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Foster Farms
Dec. 28, Santa Clara, CA[/TD]
[TD]Indiana[/TD]
[TD]Utah[/TD]
[TD]Big Ten 5-7 vs. Pac-12 4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Pinstripe
Dec. 28, New York City[/TD]
[TD]Georgia Tech[/TD]
[TD]Maryland[/TD]
[TD]ACC 3-6 vs. Big Ten 5-7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Russell Athletic
Dec. 28, Orlando[/TD]
[TD]Florida State[/TD]
[TD]West Virginia[/TD]
[TD]ACC 2 vs. Big 12 3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Texas
Dec. 28, Houston[/TD]
[TD]TCU[/TD]
[TD]Texas A&M[/TD]
[TD]Big 12 4 vs. SEC 3-8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cactus
Dec. 27, Tempe, AZ[/TD]
[TD]Texas[/TD]
[TD]Vanderbilt**[/TD]
[TD]Big 12 6 vs. Pac-12 7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Heart of Dallas
Dec. 27[/TD]
[TD]Northwestern[/TD]
[TD]WKU[/TD]
[TD]Big Ten vs. C-USA[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Holiday
Dec. 27, San Diego[/TD]
[TD]Minnesota[/TD]
[TD]Washington State[/TD]
[TD]Big Ten 2-4 vs. Pac-12 3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Military
Dec. 27, Annapolis, MD[/TD]
[TD]Wake Forest[/TD]
[TD]USF[/TD]
[TD]ACC vs. American[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Independence
Dec. 26, Shreveport, LA[/TD]
[TD]Colorado State*[/TD]
[TD]Mississippi State**[/TD]
[TD]ACC vs. SEC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]St. Petersburg
Dec. 26[/TD]
[TD]MTSU*[/TD]
[TD]Temple[/TD]
[TD]ACC vs. American[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Quick Lane
Dec. 26, Detroit, MI[/TD]
[TD]Boston College**[/TD]
[TD]Army*[/TD]
[TD]ACC vs. Big Ten[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hawaii
Dec. 24, Honolulu[/TD]
[TD]Southern Miss[/TD]
[TD]Hawaii[/TD]
[TD]C-USA vs. MWC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dollar General
Dec. 23, Mobile, AL[/TD]
[TD]Toledo[/TD]
[TD]Troy[/TD]
[TD]MAC 1 vs. Sun Belt 2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Armed Forces
Dec. 23, Fort Worth, TX[/TD]
[TD]Baylor[/TD]
[TD]Navy[/TD]
[TD]Big 12 vs. Navy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bahamas
Dec. 23, Nassau[/TD]
[TD]Tulsa[/TD]
[TD]Miami (OH)[/TD]
[TD]American vs. MAC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Potato
Dec. 22, Boise, ID[/TD]
[TD]CMU[/TD]
[TD]Wyoming[/TD]
[TD]MAC 2 vs. MWC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Poinsettia
Dec. 21, San Diego[/TD]
[TD]BYU[/TD]
[TD]San Diego State[/TD]
[TD]BYU vs. MWC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Boca Raton
Dec. 20[/TD]
[TD]Memphis[/TD]
[TD]Old Dominion[/TD]
[TD]American vs. C-USA[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Miami Beach
Dec. 19[/TD]
[TD]UCF[/TD]
[TD]Ohio[/TD]
[TD]American vs. MAC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Las Vegas
Dec. 17[/TD]
[TD]Boise State[/TD]
[TD]Arizona State[/TD]
[TD]MWC 1 vs. Pac-12 6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Camelia
Dec. 17, Montgomery, AL[/TD]
[TD]EMU[/TD]
[TD]Appalachian State[/TD]
[TD]MAC 3 vs. Sun Belt 3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cure
Dec. 17, Orlando[/TD]
[TD]SMU[/TD]
[TD]ULL[/TD]
[TD]American vs. Sun Belt[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]New Mexico
Dec. 17, Albuquerque[/TD]
[TD]UTSA[/TD]
[TD]New Mexico[/TD]
[TD]C-USA vs. MWC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]New Orleans
Dec. 17[/TD]
[TD]Arkansas State[/TD]
[TD]LA Tech[/TD]
[TD]Sun Belt 1 vs. C-USA[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]* = Filling another conference's spot
** = Here at 5-7, thanks to APR scores[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Does anyone know when BM/BOL usually drop bowl games? Is that the Monday following conf championships (Dec 5)?

Tulane/UConn UNDER 40 - UConn coming off B2B games where they were shutout being held to 160 yards against Temple and 121 against Boston College last week. They burned the RS on their QB after getting beat 41-3 by ECU and demoted their OC and it is working even worse than anticipated, obviously. They can't pass the ball at all and are one of the more conservatively coached teams in country. Defensively, they get to see option here for second time this year and defense hasn't been their problem at all. They can't defend the pass but are top 40 against run and that is what they will see with Tulane's option. Tulane shutout themselves last game by Temple, 31-0, and held to 142 yards offense. I really like the Tulane defense, particularly their front 7 and that is where they will need to be strong against Uconn. Just think this is a game with two slow moving, run heavy offenses with vastly superior defenses to offenses that rate to really limit one another. I prefer the Tulane side in a vacuum but with all these Louisiana boys going up to Storrs, Connecticut in November I'm not sure how they respond - that is also a concern with how they handle the ball in option offense in the 40 degree weather.

Michigan/Ohio State UNDER 50 - Two top 5 defenses squaring off in playoff game. Both teams two of slower moving in country and this game should feature lot of run game with both QB's inability to show they can throw the football consistently, particularly if there are any adverse conditions as we saw last week. tOSU hasn't given up more than 24 all year and UM has allowed 28 and 23 in two games but no more than 14 in any of the other games. This series has been really high scoring over past several years and I tend to believe that trend changes for this game at the very least and I could certainly see it trending that way for years to come. Early forecast doesn't look adverse but should be typical fall day in Ohio.

I didn't see any of the Ags game last week but I was upset about not playing 3 games my numbers told me I should and UTSA was one of them. Looked like a disinterested effort from a beleaguered team - what did you see and what you seeing for Thurs?

UTSA was able to get into the backfield. My stored knowledge of college football says that the Tigers are slightly better on the line.
Supposedly Tk was seen throwing, so it has the Zoo speculating he could play. But unless you could morph him and Hubes together I just don't feel like much of a chance is there.
Hubes the better passer , but can't get away from pressure. TK is better for the run game , but tends to throw it in the dirt.
Either way, the Oline is just too young and banged up to keep the killers at bay.
So many guys hurt , I don't know who will play.
Things I know for sure:
There won't be holding called on LSU. Especially, against Myles.
There are a lot of kids that this figures to be there last game in Kyle. That's true of every school but we have some really good jrs that you figure not to be back.
Ags have no depth. As far as the last game at Kyle for some, being ranked 4th gave little motivation vs. Messy St. I can't put a lot of stock in it for this game.
I pray they give effort , I pray I'm pleasantly surprised. It would make my weekend of work a lot more pleasant if they did win.
The defense is marginal, but 3nout, 3nout, 3nout----they're shot by the second half or earlier if no drives are sustained.

If I bet, it would be on LSU and under, tho I don't know what the total is.

Stole this from a poster at the Zoo:

[FONT=&quot]2013: jff and evans score 10 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2014: 140 yard passing, 80 yards total rushing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2015: A&M 7 pts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2016: .....

[/FONT]

Good thoughts, thanks. And Hubenak's shoulder is all banged up, no?

He got drove into the turf Saturday. He had a good run or two, but takes the sack with pressure.
Coach Swag won't say, but that's pretty much the way it looked.
I like Jake, like that he can throw accurately, but we don't have the 2012 Oline in there.

UTSA was able to get into the backfield. My stored knowledge of college football says that the Tigers are slightly better on the line.
Supposedly Tk was seen throwing, so it has the Zoo speculating he could play. But unless you could morph him and Hubes together I just don't feel like much of a chance is there.
Hubes the better passer , but can't get away from pressure. TK is better for the run game , but tends to throw it in the dirt.
Either way, the Oline is just too young and banged up to keep the killers at bay.
So many guys hurt , I don't know who will play.
Things I know for sure:
There won't be holding called on LSU. Especially, against Myles.
There are a lot of kids that this figures to be there last game in Kyle. That's true of every school but we have some really good jrs that you figure not to be back.
Ags have no depth. As far as the last game at Kyle for some, being ranked 4th gave little motivation vs. Messy St. I can't put a lot of stock in it for this game.
I pray they give effort , I pray I'm pleasantly surprised. It would make my weekend of work a lot more pleasant if they did win.
The defense is marginal, but 3nout, 3nout, 3nout----they're shot by the second half or earlier if no drives are sustained.

If I bet, it would be on LSU and under, tho I don't know what the total is.

Stole this from a poster at the Zoo:

[FONT=&amp]2013: jff and evans score 10 [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]2014: 140 yard passing, 80 yards total rushing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]2015: A&M 7 pts[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]2016: .....

[/FONT]
press

you don't think they will be motivated? i expect us to be popping on D, but been a while since TAMU beat LSU...seems like Turkey Day would be it for yall

Im looking forward to this being the last time LSU plays on the day, altho i know you guys will miss it:shake2:

How motivated were they vs. Ole Miss?

21-6 at half, give up 23 in the 4th to lose the game.
If your team wants to come out and lay down, I'm all for it.

I'm optimistically pessimistic at this time.

Does anyone know when BM/BOL usually drop bowl games? Is that the Monday following conf championships (Dec 5)?

I feel like that after the selections are made that Sunday they post up lines on the Playoff games then come in the next day with the rest of the bowl games the past few years.

Thanks - I went back through old threads as I was tallying up my record for this season and last bowl season and I saw that last year 5dimes had up at least a few that Sunday so I think you're right on - the rest of the bowl stuff I had was lost in the crash so that was only year to go on but that's what I was thinking. Appreciate it

here ya go press

LSU has lost a commitment from four-star wide receiver Jhamon Ausbon, with the Houston native announcing on Tuesday night that he was flipping his pledge from the Tigers to Texas A&M. The two teams are set to meet on the field on Thursday evening, and Ausbon will be in attendance.
Ausbon had originally committed to LSU in the summer, and he had plans to enroll in Baton Rouge in January. This drops LSU's wide receiver commitment total to just one prospect in the 2017 class: four-star Mannie Netherly. The Tigers also lost a commitment from four-star JUCO wide receiver Stephen Guidry, who remains uncommitted.
The loss of Ausbon drops LSU's class from No. 4 to No. 5 in the 247Sports Team Rankings.

Sumlin seat that hot lol?

I expect TAMU max effort......I've said it in here a bunch how I felt about this one..

pretty sad lsu is gonna waste maybe one of the most talented teams this year in the taxslayer bowl

Heard that Sumlin has a $15 million buyout that's due in 60 days if he's fired. If true, that's the best contract ever negotiated

I'm hoping the SECW doesn't fire any coaches and we somehow end up with Larry Fedora in Baton Rouge

USCe TT Over 12.5 -110

If I can get 20 on Florida's TT I'll prob go under but will be tied up all day. GL today fellas

Heard that Sumlin has a $15 million buyout that's due in 60 days if he's fired. If true, that's the best contract ever negotiated

Compared to the school in Austin , our law school is in it's infancy.
The JFF effect.
Just like Mack had Vince Young to push him over the top, Summy had JFF.

And let's just be in fantasy land for a second and say he wins...,I still don't like it.
GL to him....LA guy, but Alleva should be murdered

Never underestimate a motivated person who got his dream job. I think he'll do better than Herman

Herman is slightly over hyped at this point. His handling of the end of the Memphis game yesterday was awful.

Back