Season Win Totals Out At Bookmaker

Well you had quite a few things right in your assessment early in the season. The team wasn't set to be the 9th worst team in baseball, they were set to be the 2nd worst team in baseball. All this talk about how bad the number is at 75.5 was also accurate, the number appears to be far too high and should have been right around 65.5. Praying for a miracle my friend.

So young gun gets banned for this comment made a week ago????
it may or may. It be a "dick" post. That's an opinion, not a fact.

this shit is weird.

As was mentioned to you in another thread. It's very rarely one post, in this case it certainly wasn't

There's also no question it's a dick post, especially when your boy Gabe is soliciting people to bump this thread for that specific reason

As was mentioned to you in another thread. It's very rarely one post, in this case it certainly wasn't

There's also no question it's a dick post, especially when your boy Gabe is soliciting people to bump this thread for that specific reason

Lol I am sorry it's a betting message board I don't dive deep into shit
whatever

For the record, my post above was a legitimate question as my biggest concern with the wager was (and still is) KC becoming sellers. Hope Sirwinzalot didn't take that any other way.

For the record, my post above was a legitimate question as my biggest concern with the wager was (and still is) KC becoming sellers. Hope Sirwinzalot didn't take that any other way.

I would think your fine, that was just discussing the wager in a civil manner. :shake2:

on pace for around 75 now...

Cut the under .500 deficit in half since this thread 'blew' up...

Good luck SWA!

Currently the hottest team in the American League. This run has been huge for the second half of the season dynamics/team makeup.

Currently the hottest team in the American League. This run has been huge for the second half of the season dynamics/team makeup.
The worst thing that could happen to that team. They need a rebuild and they won't start it if they think they're in contention. In reality though, what are they in contention for, a wild card game on the road with Jason Vargas against Sale or Severino?

danny duffy instead of vargas imo, but yeah, they need a rebuild. that said, they're playing pretty well right now and sirwinz is looking good.

Since I didn't comment earlier, I can't comment now? Makes sense. The only dick move here by saying "i'm guaranteed to win, because you guys disagree"

If you think he is sitting so fine, I will gladly take the under number and will give you the over. Let's say +130

where do i sign

Wow,just checked into this thread, and I see there has been quite interesting commentary here. Not surprised to see bashing in here. Can I still take you up on your offer? If you are so confident and a man of your word you should still take me up on that side-bet offer. Crickets I'm sure. Pretty predictable.

Very odd use by Ausmus of his closer, Wilson tonight. He brings him in for an inning in a 6 run deficit after he got used the night before, and I'd imagine thus making him unavailable in tomorrow's day game. I can see why you want him fired. That makes zero sense. Why on earth would you waste him tonight? Especially given Tigers bullpen options.

Very odd use by Ausmus of his closer, Wilson tonight. He brings him in for an inning in a 6 run deficit after he got used the night before, and I'd imagine thus making him unavailable in tomorrow's day game. I can see why you want him fired. That makes zero sense. Why on earth would you waste him tonight? Especially given Tigers bullpen options.

That's Ausmus...nothing more, nothing less.

You'd think an Ivy League guy with his supposed game knowledge as a savvy catcher would not make boneheaded moves like that. I know it's maddening to see brain dead moves like that.

I can understand why anyone would think they shouldn't sell, but, realistically, how far can they actually go if they win the central? Their farm system is depleted, they have long-term holes in their rotation, and there are key players who could walk away as FA's this offseason, leaving the direction of the organization moving forward in limbo. It's kind of similar to the 2016 Tigers, hold on for too long and the cupboard becomes bare awful quickly. Just my opinion on the team beyond this season.

this is their last chance for the forseeable future. if you care at all about your fans, you play it out.

There is no reason to sell. I do agree lower levels of farm system are a wasteland. Royals scouting director Lonnie Goldberg whiffs more than Brandon Moss. I believe Royals will make a hard run at signing Moustakas and Hosmer. Everyone thinks they will let everybody be walk, but there are many reasons I have that lead me to believe they will sign those two guys and I believe they let Cain and Escobar walk. Raul Mondesi jr will be starting ss next year, and I believe they sign a speed/defense cheaper type free agent cf to a 2 year deal as they start slowly trying to work Bubba Starling in the mix and he likely bounces between AAA and big league team next year. Believe they either make qualifying offer to Vargas or try and sign him to a 2 year $25mm type deal. This team's run is not over, they are not going to fire sale status while Moore is GM, itsnot in his DNA.

this is their last chance for the forseeable future. if you care at all about your fans, you play it out.

If you care at all about your fans you sell when you can bring back the most value. Far better to sacrifice one, maybe two seasons than five or 10. Problem is, almost no MLB executives have any real job security. A losing record means unemployment and the rewards for that value you got by selling are reaped by your successor.

If you care about your fans you try to win titles, not just have continued good seasons without titles. Yes, and some of it is driven by the win now, and leave the mess to the next guy. I understand what you are saying, but why would you sell when you have a chance for the playoffs and a chance to win a title? Yes sell when you have no chance of making the playoffs. I can tell you Dayton Moore is a big believer in building an atmosphere of winning and culture of winning. Hard to disagree with his philosophy and results attained. And really how much better is it to trade and get back prospects than obtain fairly high draft picks. If the goal is to win, why would you sell when you have a chance to win a title. Isn't sports about winning titles and winning it all? I know most around here give the Royals no shot of winning title, but I think anyone who discounts their chances really continues to think what they did for a little over a year is a fluke. The team has a culture of winning and has some guys that are just winners that know what it takes.

I'd gladly take titles and go through some very difficult periods. No one remembers who finished second. You have to go for it when you can.

If you care about your fans you try to win titles, not just have continued good seasons without titles. Yes, and some of it is driven by the win now, and leave the mess to the next guy. I understand what you are saying, but why would you sell when you have a chance for the playoffs and a chance to win a title? Yes sell when you have no chance of making the playoffs. I can tell you Dayton Moore is a big believer in building an atmosphere of winning and culture of winning. Hard to disagree with his philosophy and results attained. And really how much better is it to trade and get back prospects than obtain fairly high draft picks. If the goal is to win, why would you sell when you have a chance to win a title. Isn't sports about winning titles and winning it all? I know most around here give the Royals no shot of winning title, but I think anyone who discounts their chances really continues to think what they did for a little over a year is a fluke. The team has a culture of winning and has some guys that are just winners that know what it takes.

I'd gladly take titles and go through some very difficult periods. No one remembers who finished second. You have to go for it when you can.

OK, now take off the fan glasses and look at this objectively please. Realistically their chances of winning a title this year are remote even if Cleveland continues to play like garbage and they win the Central. Even if that were to happen allowing them to avoid the wild card game they would be an underdog in the ALDS, ALCS and WS. They have one decent starter in Duffy (unless of course you think Vargas will not revert to what he was for his first 1200 MLB innings), a below average lineup that ranks next to last in the AL in runs scored and OPS and a bullpen that while decent is no longer the strength it has been the last few years now that Davis is in Chicago. Rebuild time is now.

Why on earth would this team sell now? They are playing the best baseball in the AL over the last month, are .5 game out of first place and 1 game ahead in 2nd wild card spot. All this while having their best starting pitcher on the DL. This core group of players in the last three seasons went to 2 World Series, and damn near won back to back World Series titles. Most of the key players from those teams are on this roster. I honestly don't think you've watched them much these last three years. At this point who cares about next year (obviously there are certain prospects that are part of the puzzle you don't trade, but why on earth would this team trade players?

I can guarantee you no one will want to play this team in the postseason if they get there.

And I can tell you this team will be adding player(s), not subtracting. So who's to say they won't add a key player or two? Also your analysis of the offense has an extreme rear view mirror perspective. Who cares what they did in the first month of the season, look at their current form, because they were so horrific in the first month that those numbers are skewed. I do agree with JasonVargas regression, that is coming. But even if he regresses a reasonable amount he still is a solid pitcher. Royals won Workd Series with less of a rotation than this one. Their bullpen is down a couple of notches , but it's slightly above average (and I would argue the 2015 bullpen was best in MLB history, so anything would be down a notch or two from it; and this offense is better than years past (despite what your rear view numbers tell you).

If this team adds a dh/outfield bat this lineup can be very good. The defense is still very good. Not all that many holes on this team.

im not saying they will win division but I think they have a good chance. I had Indians winning division before the season. But I placed some small wagers on the Royals to win the AL and the Workd Series, and at the odds I got I'm liking those $20 wagers at the odds I got.

Indians have struggled with their rotation and now Francona health problems have to be an issue for that team as they are dropping games at home vs the Padres.

The concept that this team can somehow magically rebuild their farm system by selling a couple key pieces this season is laughable, borderline asinine.

Play to win this season, which they'll do. I can't even believe this is some fabricated debate.

The concept that this team can somehow magically rebuild their farm system by selling a couple key pieces this season is laughable, borderline asinine.

Play to win this season, which they'll do. I can't even believe this is some fabricated debate.
Why? The Yankees just did exactly that.

Why on earth would this team sell now? They are playing the best baseball in the AL over the last month, are .5 game out of first place and 1 game ahead in 2nd wild card spot. All this while having their best starting pitcher on the DL. This core group of players in the last three seasons went to 2 World Series, and damn near won back to back World Series titles. Most of the key players from those teams are on this roster. I honestly don't think you've watched them much these last three years. At this point who cares about next year (obviously there are certain prospects that are part of the puzzle you don't trade, but why on earth would this team trade players?

All of those core players are also now three years older. Makes a difference. As for playing the best baseball in the AL over the last month, they played pretty much the worst before that. They weren't as bad as their start and they're not as good as they look lately. You don't seem to see that.

I can guarantee you no one will want to play this team in the postseason if they get there.

Every other playoff team will want to play the one with a Duffy, Vargas, Hammel (or Karns) rotation.

And I can tell you this team will be adding player(s), not subtracting. So who's to say they won't add a key player or two? Also your analysis of the offense has an extreme rear view mirror perspective. Who cares what they did in the first month of the season, look at their current form, because they were so horrific in the first month that those numbers are skewed. I do agree with JasonVargas regression, that is coming. But even if he regresses a reasonable amount he still is a solid pitcher. Royals woWorkd Series with less of a rotation than this one. Their bullpen is down a couple of notches , but it's slightly above average (and I would argue the 2015 bullpen was best in MLB history, so anything would be down a notch or two from it; and this offense is better than years past (despite what your rear view numbers tell you).

You don't know that they will add players anymore than I do but let's assume they try. What do they trade for those players? Bleacher Report has their farm system ranked 30th AFTER the draft. Tough to trade prospects when other teams have better ones to offer.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2715921-ranking-all-30-mlb-farm-systems-post-2017-mlb-draft

If this team adds a dh/outfield bat this lineup can be very good. The defense is still very good. Not all that many holes on this team.

If. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.:)

im not saying they will win division but I think they have a good chance. I had Indians winning division before the season. But I placed some small wagers on the Royals to win the AL and the Workd Series, and at the odds I got I'm liking those $20 wagers at the odds I got.

Indians have struggled with their rotation and now Francona health problems have to be an issue for that team as they are dropping games at home vs the Padres.

Certainly they have a chance to win the division as Cleveland just can't seem to get their heads out of their asses this season. I don't count winning a division as a championship though.

You can't compare a team like the Yankees to Kansas City, that's not a fair fight. Imagine telling a Padres fan (yes they exist) in a year that they are borderline playoffs...to sell. So they can be mediocre at best for the next 25 years. That's the same thing here. KC has to go for it this year, and I don't really know what you'd expect them to receive in return if they don't. Hell, I'm pretty sure they geared up for this season knowing it was a swan song.

You can't compare a team like the Yankees to Kansas City, that's not a fair fight. Imagine telling a Padres fan (yes they exist) in a year that they are borderline playoffs...to sell. So they can be mediocre at best for the next 25 years. That's the same thing here. KC has to go for it this year, and I don't really know what you'd expect them to receive in return if they don't. Hell, I'm pretty sure they geared up for this season knowing it was a swan song.
We're talking about trading roster players to rebuild the farm system so yeah, in this instance you CAN compare the Yankees to KC. Comparing a team that went to the World Series two of the last three years to the Paaaadres is a pretty big reach though.

I don't think I'd call trading Davis for a reserve outfielder (Soler) and signing Moss after letting Morales walk gearing up either. Teams that gear up keep their stars for that extra year.

I think part of the problem and where we will disagree is the mainstream media just assumes the Royals will let every single one of their free agents to be walk after the season. I don't believe that will be the case. I firmly believe the Royals have a good chance to re-sign Hosmer and Moustakas. Moore is very loyal to his players and ones that he drafted. The players no doubt will seek top dollar, but I believe they do like playing for the organization and if Royals match the market they will remain, and I do believe Royals will make a strong run for these two guys. The other guys I believe they walk on, as Escobar is very replaceable with Mondesi jr. lurking at AAA, and I think they can replace most of Cain's abilities with a reasonably priced stop gap speed/defense cf option. Royals have nothing to replace Hosmer and Moustakas with and I don't see Moore and ownership being willing to let fan favorites walk with a huge drop-off there.

Many will disagree with my opinion, and I may be proven wrong, but I'm a firm believer they do this as next season team will be negotiating new TV contract which is huge and they have a decent situation with fan attendance interest in the team, and with signing those two guys they continue down a good path, and they will have some money coming off the books the next couple of years, where they could try and more backload the contracts as the other contracts which are higher dollar expire.

the front office should care about their jobs when they're a bottom-feeder for a decade (that they won't even see)

winz, i'm rooting for ya but you and KJ sound like fans here rather than businessmen.

If I'm HOU/CLE/AL East representative, I'm absolutely licking my chops to play KC in the playoffs rather than the others I'm listed with

the front office should care about their jobs when they're a bottom-feeder for a decade (that they won't even see)

they won a world series and played a game 7 in another....in kansas city....I'm thinking their worry level is at about a negative 139.

GWarner27, don't disagree that Royals don't look like too much of a threat, but this team with a few additions and then if they get into playoffs. They have the experience and the mental belief they will win. Of course Astros look like best team in AL over the regular season, but get them into the playoffs it might be a different story. Astros remind me of some of the Blue Jays teams of the last few years, regular season titans, but get them into playoffs they might not perform so well. They still have starting pitching and bullpen questions. Granted Royals bullpen and starting rotation is no great unit in either respect, but this team knows how to win in the postseason, and I think with them already having two World Series appearances recently and a World Series title, if they go in as a Wild Card or if they win division; they will be the team which will be a decided underdog vs the other teams, and this team if they can improve a couple of areas I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. Like I said, on paper doesn't appear that way, but this team seems to come through in the clutch.

In a short series in baseball lots can happen. Over 162 game season no way I'd take Royals on paper vs. those other teams, but in a short series this team can be dangerous, and we don't know what the roster will look like entering the playoffs.

true, it'd be foolish to dismiss anybody as the playoffs are such a crapshoot, but i don't buy that five straight years of losing seasons will be forgotten just because of 2015

Unless the phillies start wearing kc uniforms, this one is gonna be tough to lose from here.

The odds of KC playing 162 games and the odds of you winning your bet are getting closer and closer together.

Thanks Kyle. 51 down, 25 more to go. I like my chances, but not going to pop the cork on the champagne until win 76 gets notched. Also like trade executed today. People continue to underestimate this team year after year. Hopefully further roster additions forthcoming. Like I've said beware of this team in playoffs if they make it, which they would if season ended today. People can continue to make folly of their chances, but team is dangerous if they get in.

What is that now? 9 in a row. Hottest team in baseball right now. And I think that is one thing to consider if this team does make the playoffs... they have shown the ability to get really hot over short periods of play this season. Just get in and anything can happen in baseball.

Amazing you could be just a couple games back and win 9 in a row and look up and still be a couple games back.

Back