• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

***Season Long NCAA In-Game***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you say this?

It's tongue in cheek trolling Nebraska fans... but at the same time Nebraska is a broken/unexciting program. If you're a recruit, you've never known Nebraska to be a national power in their lifetime. Better weather/environment for non-football at UCF. Better recruiting grounds in local Florida kids.

It's tongue in cheek trolling Nebraska fans... but at the same time Nebraska is a broken/unexciting program. If you're a recruit, you've never known Nebraska to be a national power in their lifetime. Better weather/environment for non-football at UCF. Better recruiting grounds in local Florida kids.

But what's the ceiling of a Power-5 school? Didn't Frost already hit it at UCF or will Power-5 schools start getting respect from playoff committee?

But what's the ceiling of a Power-5 school? Didn't Frost already hit it at UCF or will Power-5 schools start getting respect from playoff committee?

I really see an 8 team playoff in the next few years. Non Power-5 Schools need to start building the programs now as JML just said. Also, if a program can sustain success, they'll start to get better looks. Boise has done it in football and you see it with mid-majors all the time in hoops (although SOS sucks and they're annually underseeded)

People complain about the overall declining quality of football. Losing the elitist Power-5 emphasis I think needs to be an antidote. Open the playoffs up to smaller (well UCF is actually huge) schools. If less overall quality, ok, can't really do anything about that besides promoting safety. But then more competitive to maintain excitement.

You mean the one Nebraska fan, Cub? :) Great point about recruits never knowing Nebraska to be a powerhouse. I would think Recruiting at UCF would be tough as there would be so many more desirable schools in Florida (and the southeast) that would have a chance to make it into the playoffs. This UCF team was really good and undefeated and didn't make it. Another great team not in a powerhouse conference won't make it either. As a player that would be tough to handle.

Our New Years Eve really got screwed up last night. Shaker's grandfather is on his last days and she's been spending time at nursing home while I put in my 10 hours day (I'm working hard right now). We had bought king crab legs on Friday but no room in fridge for them. So put them on our 3rd story balcony for storing with temperatures in the 20s. When Shaker got home after 9pm last night she was going to start dinner. With negative temperatures and about a -20 wind chill, our patio door was frozen shut and we couldn't get to the crab. Ended up with Taco Bell for dinner as everything else was closed.

Our New Years Eve really got screwed up last night. Shaker's grandfather is on his last days and she's been spending time at nursing home while I put in my 10 hours day (I'm working hard right now). We had bought king crab legs on Friday but no room in fridge for them. So put them on our 3rd story balcony for storing with temperatures in the 20s. When Shaker got home after 9pm last night she was going to start dinner. With negative temperatures and about a -20 wind chill, our patio door was frozen shut and we couldn't get to the crab. Ended up with Taco Bell for dinner as everything else was closed.

This sounds more like a summary of a sitcom rather than real life.

Sorry to hear of shakers grandfather.

Got killed this morning. All 3 losers, on OU & Clemson points and ML. RUN THE OTHER WAY. got under in UGA/OU & over in Al/ Clem. RUN THE OTHER WAY. You’ve been warned.

You mean the one Nebraska fan, Cub? :) Great point about recruits never knowing Nebraska to be a powerhouse. I would think Recruiting at UCF would be tough as there would be so many more desirable schools in Florida (and the southeast) that would have a chance to make it into the playoffs. This UCF team was really good and undefeated and didn't make it. Another great team not in a powerhouse conference won't make it either. As a player that would be tough to handle.

So UCF gets the C and occasional B prospects from the local schools. Those recruits are still going to be better than the local Nebraska recruits, especially at skill positions. The A prospects in Nebraska will be recruited on the national level with other Big 10 schools/Texas. I'm sure some will continue to go to Nebraska to stay local, but if I'm a high school kid, especially out of state, what makes me what to go play for the team?

Scott Frost is a great hire, and if he can get them back on the big stage, then the excitement is there. Once yo lose that, it's a lot tougher to recruit and stay at that level (or get back). It's what I"m afraid of with Wisconsin basketball with Bo gone, losing some recruits, and Wojo taking the top Wisky kids to Marquette.

This sounds more like a summary of a sitcom rather than real life.

Sorry to hear of shakers grandfather.

Thanks. He's 98, memory has been gone for last five years or so (not recognizing anyone but Shaker's dad). Hasn't eaten in a week at this point. They didn't think he'd last past Friday/Saturday.

Who did Georgia lose to?
Who did Bama lose to?
Who did undefeated UCF just beat?

but...but...but, UCF are only the 12th best team in the country.

G5 are now 3-1 after getting snubbed for a semi spot. The only loss came after the coach left. All 3 winners scored at least 34 points

Made a run for the border i see..... Are you SURE Famous Jameis didn't pay a visit to your balcony and running away licking his "W" fingers, he is sneaky that way.......

but...but...but, UCF are only the 12th best team in the country.

G5 are now 3-1 after getting snubbed for a semi spot. The only loss came after the coach left. All 3 winners scored at least 34 points
i want to see where they end up ranked. They may not crack the Top 5

Made a run for the border i see..... Are you SURE Famous Jameis didn't pay a visit to your balcony and running away licking his "W" fingers, he is sneaky that way.......

Hahahaha. We can see them through the door... Then trying to get the door open we were using space heaters and a blow dryer to no avail. Tried taking the handle/door off and now I really have issues with it. As in the the other half of the door handle is between the door and screen on ground. Didn't think that one fully through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back