Scores for ESPN Handicappers--Week 13

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Bear had the best week, going 3-0 on regular picks, 3-0 on Bank Picks (although two of the Bank Picks were the same as the regular picks, so 4-0 total). Trocci was 3-2,, SVP and Stanford Steve both .500 for the week (Steve was money on totals last year, but was 1-2 this week and is in the red for the season on his totals). Colin is 2-2 with Seattle going tonight. Phil Steele continued his death spiral, but had his best week in a while at 3-4.

Bear, Trocci, Steve, SVP, Joey, and Jessee are all in the black for the year, although a couple of them barely make it. Trocci has the best record on the season. Bear is in the red for his Bank Picks, Seve in the red on his Best Bet (if he made one this week I couldn't fine it)

The Bear—Week 13 (3-0) Season (21-17)
Nebraska at Iowa – Nebraska (+13.5) Win
Auburn at Alabama – Alabama (-24.5) Win
Ball St at Toledo – Ball St (+10) Win
Bear’s Bank Picks— Week 13 (3-0) Season (18-17)

Alabama (-24.5) Win
Hawaii (+7) Win
Ball_St (+10) Win

Stanford Steve— Week 13 (2-2) Season (27-21) Best Bet (5-5)

Notre Dame ML (-190) Win
UMass/Liberty – Over (56.5) Lose
Pitt/Clemson – Over (55) Win
Penn St/Michigan – Over (58.5) Lose

Bill Trocci— Week 13 (3-2) Season (33-25)

Texas -1.5 Lose
Notre Dame -4.5 Win
Alabama-24.5 Win
Northwestern -13.5 Lose
LSU +14.5 Win

Phil Steele-- Week 13 (3-4) Season (22-37)

Penn State+2 vs Michigan Win
Texas State+17 vs Coastal Carolina Lose
Texas Tech+11.5 vs Oklahoma State Win
App State-13.5 vs Troy Win
Florida State+9.5 vs Virginia No contest
North Carolina+5 vs Notre Dame Lose
Ole Miss vs Mississippi State over 68 Lose
Pro
Colts-3 vs Titans Lose

Scott Van Pelt— Week 13 (3-3) Season (34-29)

North Carolina + 6 Lose
Oregon State + 13 1/2 Win
Eastern Michigan + 7 Lose
East Carolina + 12 Win
Pro
Indianapolis -3 Lose
Atlanta + 3 Win

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
Joey
(22-5 last year) Week 13 (1-1) Season (11-9)
Texas A&M-14.5 vs LSU Lose
Clemson vs Pitt over 56 Win

Jesse
(16-11 last year) Week 13 (1-1) Season (10-9)
Ohio State-27.5 vs Illinois No contest
replaced by
NC State - Lose
Georgia-21.5 vs South Carolina Win

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— Week 12 (2-2) Season (27-31)

Buffalo (-6) Win
NY Giants (-5.5) Lose
Tennessee (+4) Win
Chicago (+9.5) Lose
Seattle (-6)

My Picks— Week 13 (5-1) Season (39-24)
N Dame -3x Win
Nevada -6x Lose
N Dame ML Win
Buff/Kent St o 70 Win
Buff -7/Buff-Kent St o 70 parlay (half unit) Win
Colorado -3 Win

Last edited:
Update Cowherd's score. He got a tie on the Seattle game due to one of the worst Gambler Killers of the year.

So many games changed the ATS winner on the last possession--many, like the Seattle game--on the last play--I felt sorry for anyone who was already counting their money. Some of them are enough to make a sensible person give up gambling.

Update Cowherd's score. He got a tie on the Seattle game due to one of the worst Gambler Killers of the year.

So many games changed the ATS winner on the last possession--many, like the Seattle game--on the last play--I felt sorry for anyone who was already counting their money. Some of them are enough to make a sensible person give up gambling.

I didn’t even realize Philly scored again till this morning, holy shit I’d have been pissed had I lost or pushed that game, seattle was clearly right side, that sucks, freaking Hail Mary when trailing by several scores? Unreal.

I didn’t even realize Philly scored again till this morning, holy shit I’d have been pissed had I lost or pushed that game, seattle was clearly right side,

And then go for two with no time left when it means nothing, and make it.

That's sure to make SVP's show

He said last night with the split screen lead in as the players mingled on the field post game something to the effect of "well, that was meaningful. We have bad beats tonight, it's a little late to change them now". Crazy indeed. The sequence of events that need to happen or not happen to have covers like that happen are pretty astonishing when you back it up several minutes in the games and see what took place with the benefit of knowing what it all means at the end. Other than the 6/6.5 original game line, Seattle was -11.5 for the game live at halftime. After Philly was SOD on their second to last drive keeping it an 11 point game, Seattle drove down...could've got a first down and been able to run out the clock. They kick a FG and now are up by 14. We've all been around to know all the what ifs and could happens that exist. People I watch games with never get it because if you have the favorite or the dog and are covering or aren't covering late your mind is always visualizing exactly what you need to win or lose the bet while others watch oblivious as to the meaning of seemingly meaningless plays. A unexpected and unlikely win sends you to cloud nine knowing you stole one...or hits you like a ton leading one to question why they even bet games. It's all part of it. No way telling which way they'll end until it's over. Suppose that is part of the draw and fun for some.

I don't see anything that jumps off the page at me this week. I got spoiled the last few weeks seeing one max bet game after another, more than one in several of those weeks and they went 9-0 for me. They all look hard this week

And then go for two with no time left when it means nothing, and make it.

you don’t see nfl on bad beats very often. Think it understood if you bet nfl you make your own bad beats most the time, lol. That was def rough tho, didn’t even realize they had to go for 2 and make it in order to cover. No time on clock? Wow, like why? Kinda fishy!

I don't see anything that jumps off the page at me this week. I got spoiled the last few weeks seeing one max bet game after another, more than one in several of those weeks and they went 9-0 for me. They all look hard this week

interesting, I think this the best college card in weeks but maybe not in sense 1 or 2 incredibly strong plays as much as just a bunch of solid ones. My biggest problem gonna be narrowing my card! Lol.

I Love liberty catching 7! Think they every bit as good as coastal and could very well win, love catching a touchdown when I think the dog can and will win!! Just the fact liberty has faced some very good rushing teams from the acc I think prepares them more for this game than coastal will be to deal with Willis and liberty athletes on the outside, don’t think they have seen any teams as talented as liberty.

wvu another team catching a touchdown im pretty high on. Although I do worry about them on the road and the offense here. The under 49.5 looks like a really strong play as well.

far as favs go I think ya should take a look at ncst -7 to duke. Even with a backup qb I think Wolfpack a notch above duke. The backup has played better amd better plus love their play calling and they got 2 rbs who should do work in this game.

If BC qb is good to go I think thst another where the better team catching points.

I have to get home to my book before I can get into any more, those just top of my head.

I Love liberty catching 7!

That's the first one that caught my eye. Looks like a good play to me, just not a max bet.

Agree with you on BC too, although the ACC has been a mystery to me this year. The only big bet I've made on it all season was Pitt getting points v Virg Tech. Other than that one I just can't handicap that conference

It annoys me the college teams refuse to reveal the truth about covid cases, but I figure it will even out over the rest of the season. I'll benefit as many times as it costs me

That's the first one that caught my eye. Looks like a good play to me, just not a max bet.

Agree with you on BC too, although the ACC has been a mystery to me this year. The only big bet I've made on it all season was Pitt getting points v Virg Tech. Other than that one I just can't handicap that conference

It annoys me the college teams refuse to reveal the truth about covid cases, but I figure it will even out over the rest of the season. I'll benefit as many times as it costs me

you know me, for some reason the middling acc games have become a real strength for me the past 2 years. No clue why? lol

Last I saw Jerkovec was probable after leaving the ville game last week which damn near let ville back in it! (The defense didn’t do them any favors either). The backup did throw 2 tds but still wouldn’t want any part of it if he starting. So just gotta pay attention and make sure Jerkovec a go, he plays BC wins outright imo.

Back