SB 50 Discussion

TroyStacks

18" Pythons
-4 Carolina popping up, public could push this -6 you think?

I'm leaning Donks regardless.

Panthers played only 4 Playoff teams.

Broncos D is great.

Manning has 2 weeks to prep and its a great story, NFL loves this shit, he'll get every call and off he goes to tie baby bro.

What else?

Really impressed with Ware/Miller today. Corners played well, little susceptible to streaking TE, Olsen could exploit that, similar to Gronk in that sense.

[video=youtube;g3qC9NKDt0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKrBE0Xs5r-O4q58rfr_Z2AzWwP-mqELOWn-o13Z8tidxQxK2XA2vU4NEpZXwvwJGGZVylwD6Mk0D2D2zi-97gTCPmm6yg&v=g3qC9NKDt0c&app=desktop[/video]

I think the line goes the other way, down to 3. I think the perception about Carolina is high right now, but Arizona was just God awful. Once that settles down, public and sharps will likely be on Denver, the defense just completely shut down Brady and Cam isn't as good ... (Denver neutral now, I know).

I think by kickoff, you're looking at Carolina -3 (maybe -120).

Unlike New England, Carolina has an o-line. That New England duct-taped display today was a joke, and with a statue at QB like Brady it exacerbated things. Newton has actually learned to read defenses and play in the pocket. Scary proposition for opposing defenses.

Cam is just as good with a much better line imho. Peyton still can't manufacture drives. And the panthers can actually make plays on the edges and they have a much better running game. And the Broncos don't have the mile high advantage.

Carolina heavy favorite before cards game, see them being even higher favorite now. I'll take 3.5 all day AGAIN and that Denver D

Really think it's a high scoring game. Peyton should be able to get his with the panthers questionable secondary.

-4 Carolina popping up, public could push this -6 you think?

I'm leaning Donks regardless.

Panthers played only 4 Playoff teams.

Broncos D is great.

Manning has 2 weeks to prep and its a great story, NFL loves this shit, he'll get every call and off he goes to tie baby bro.

What else?

They sure are. Historically great.

one concern for denver is Manning likes to control the middle of the field but that could be tough going against the best linebacking crew in all of football - Kuechly (sp) has been nothing short of spectacular since coming back from injury and they have so much speed at linebacker. Will Denver be able to establish a run game against Carolina?

Should be a good game

I don't know why anyone is surprised at the line. The future line was NFC -3 before the games were played, and NE was just -3 in Den. First instinct says Car. I already see some saying they played a weak schedule, but they just blew the doors off 2 SB contenders. Den very fortunate to be here. Should have lost to Pit's MASH unit and a missed PAT away from losing a game they basically dominated. The defense is good but neither Brady nor Ben has any mobility. Obviously a different story with Cam. And Den's defense did not have to respect NE's or Pit's running game - it's a lot easier for a defense to prepare when they don't have to worry about the run. I doubt they look historic in this game. People are going to buy into the Peyton swan song story (undoubtedly the biggest story surrounding this game) and Car going to use the world against us as motivation. I hope it's a good game, but I could easily see another easy Car win.

Advantages for Denver

- The Cali weather....should theoretically help Peyton I guess
- Better overall defense.
- Most likely more fan support.
- Much better talent in the receiving game. The panthers did keep the cardinals receivers in check but I'm not sure if the secondary can do so on the big stage away from home
- The storybook ending.

Advantages for Carolina

- Much stronger QB play in every facet of the physical game.
- Better running game
- Better coaching

Add as you please

Last edited:
9 of Den's 18 games played this year have been against teams in the bottom 7 in the league in rushing (Det, NEx2, Bal, Indy, SDx2, Oakx2). They only played 2 teams in the top 10 in rushing (KCx2, Min) and went 2-1, but the win vs KC was benefitted by 5 KC turnovers and was a minor miracle if anyone remembers. More importantly, Den's defense gave up an avg of >24 pts/game in those 3 contests (well above their season avg) and were out gained in all 3. Few would dispute that Car is better on offense than Min and KC (Car#11, KC#27, Min#29 in yds/game - Car#1, KC#9, Min#16 in pts/game). Bottom line is that Car will score, making the real question whether Den can keep up. Anything can happen in this league, but I'm not gonna let a feel good story get in the way of what should be a serious ass whooping. GL - we have 2 weeks to debate - I bet it early at -4 and would love to get more at -3 or better.

I don't know why anyone is surprised at the line. The future line was NFC -3 before the games were played, and NE was just -3 in Den. First instinct says Car. I already see some saying they played a weak schedule, but they just blew the doors off 2 SB contenders. Den very fortunate to be here. Should have lost to Pit's MASH unit and a missed PAT away from losing a game they basically dominated. The defense is good but neither Brady nor Ben has any mobility. Obviously a different story with Cam. And Den's defense did not have to respect NE's or Pit's running game - it's a lot easier for a defense to prepare when they don't have to worry about the run. I doubt they look historic in this game. People are going to buy into the Peyton swan song story (undoubtedly the biggest story surrounding this game) and Car going to use the world against us as motivation. I hope it's a good game, but I could easily see another easy Car win.

I agree. I'm heavy Carolina -4 right now, may add more if it gets under 4. Manning had what, 3 points and only a few first downs the entire second half? In the first half, 1 of 2 touchdowns was from a drive that started in the red zone. Also, half of their big pass plays came from noodle arm passes where NE simply miss played the ball (jump ball to sanders for 34 yds etc.). I don't expect to see that from Carolina's secondary. This season there is not a team more completely in sync than Carolina both offensively and defensively. To put it simply they are just COLD AF and Manning wont be able to keep up.

This is Cam's year. Nice story about Manning getting back to the big game but their O is so unexplosive. Pats had no running attack and the Denver pass rush killed them. Carolina is balanced and with their zone read game they'll be able to keep Miller and Ware from just coming full speed like they did against Brady all day. Don't overthink it. I wanted to lay 3 but I'll lay whatever and get some ML parlays along the way.

Carolina just crushed 2 great teams while Denver got a hobbled Pitt team without their best player and a 1 dimensional Pats team with no OL. Don't worry about public/sharp when it comes to the SB IMO just bet your side.

Completely agree aplous. I havent heard anyone mention this also...Payton Manning has had a little Carson Palmer in him during his Super Bowl appearances.

Thomas Davis being injured is interesting.

Obviously Denver has better skilled positions although Thomas and Davis cant catch anymore.

Cam is the ex factor. Hard to go against them right now.

My book is currently sitting at -4.5. I wish this line would get to 4 soon. I guess I can buy it down but don't want to. Especially if it goes down on its own. Anybody think we get some Peyton Manning love last second to drive the line down a little like the game yesterday against the Pats?

Carolina, the overrated team all year,according to a lot of peeps on this site, takes it to Denver. With that being said bought it down to -3 and will be parlaying it and teasing it with games over the next 2 weeks. BOL to all

Looking at the under myself. I cant see Peyton carving up Carolina or Denver turning the ball over multiple time giving Car the short field. Not going to be a lot of 70+ yard TD drives imo.

I see both teams playing the field position game and this one coming down to the kickers.

Generally I know exactly who to bet when the SB is determined. For the past few years I have known immediately who I am betting. That being said I have no clue thus far. The Carolina D is no slouch even though Denver is better and Cam is far better than Cam this season. Then you get into the "Big Game" thought process and wonder if Cam will shit himself or not. I want to lead no just because he is so cocky. I want Carolina at 3 or Denver at 6 lol.

Generally I know exactly who to bet when the SB is determined. For the past few years I have known immediately who I am betting. That being said I have no clue thus far. The Carolina D is no slouch even though Denver is better and Cam is far better than Cam this season. Then you get into the "Big Game" thought process and wonder if Cam will shit himself or not. I want to lead no just because he is so cocky. I want Carolina at 3 or Denver at 6 lol.

I don't think he's cocky. He knows he is basically impossible to stop now that he is a beast in the pocket. That's confidence. Everything just fell into place for him this season and he is having a blast. The dancing in the end zone is well deserved.

If someone has some time to research... can you post the first quarter scores for the past ten super bowls...

TIA

With Newton's confidence level now, he's more likely to thrive on the big stage instead of tanking. That guy is in complete control of their offense. When he's in the shotgun surveying things, there's no hurry, no confusion, no issues, no nothing. When the cameras are zeroed in on his eyes during the snap count, you get the feeling Newton's thinking "I got this". And at this point, the results are proving that out.

I don't think he's cocky. He knows he is basically impossible to stop now that he is a beast in the pocket. That's confidence. Everything just fell into place for him this season and he is having a blast. The dancing in the end zone is well deserved.

:rofl:

I'll take the old man's experience, first time in an underdog role and he's thriving. Philips is coaching that D outta his mind right now, and they are getting after it. Yes the offense is suspect, however Broncos have the horses (no pun intended) to shut down Carolina on offense.

Should be some great chatter in here leading up to the SB. Hard to discount anyone's opinion on either side really

If someone has some time to research... can you post the first quarter scores for the past ten super bowls...

TIA

SB 1q and 1h scores, last 10....

2015 - Pats vs Shawks - 1q - 0-0 & 1h - 14-14

2014 - Shawks vs Donks - 1q - 8-0 Shawks & 1h - 22-0 Shawks

2013 - Balty vs SF - 1q - 7-3 Balty & 1h - 21-6 Balty

2012 - NY vs Pats - 1q - 9-0 NY & 1h - 10-9 Pats

2011 - Pitt vs GB - 1q - 14-0 GB & 1h - 21-10 GB

2010 - NO vs Indy - 1q - 10-0 Indy & 1h - 10-6 Indy

2009 - Pitt vs AZ - 1q - 3-0 Pitt & 1h - 17-7 Pitt

2008 - NY vs Pats - 1q - 3-0 NY & 1h - 7-3 Pats

2007 - Indy vs Chi - 1q - 14-6 Chi & 1h - 16-14 Indy

2006 - Sea vs Pitt - 1q - 3-0 Sea & 1h - 7-3 Pitt

SB 1q and 1h scores, last 10....

2015 - Pats vs Shawks - 1q - 0-0 & 1h - 14-14

2014 - Shawks vs Donks - 1q - 8-0 Shawks & 1h - 22-0 Shawks

2013 - Balty vs SF - 1q - 7-3 Balty & 1h - 21-6 Balty

2012 - NY vs Pats - 1q - 9-0 NY & 1h - 10-9 Pats

2011 - Pitt vs GB - 1q - 14-0 GB & 1h - 21-10 GB

2010 - NO vs Indy - 1q - 10-0 Indy & 1h - 10-6 Indy

2009 - Pitt vs AZ - 1q - 3-0 Pitt & 1h - 17-7 Pitt

2008 - NY vs Pats - 1q - 3-0 NY & 1h - 7-3 Pats

2007 - Indy vs Chi - 1q - 14-6 Chi & 1h - 16-14 Indy

2006 - Sea vs Pitt - 1q - 3-0 Sea & 1h - 7-3 Pitt
:shake:

Cam is unbelievable. The growth in one season is ridiculous

agree...it is amazing how much he has improved/grown. It never gets talked about though, at all. If he was white and grew as much as he did this year, led the team to 15-1 while losing their #1 receiving option, and having as much fun as he is while doing it, and giving every td ball to a young fan, it would be non-stop media celebration of Cam.
I'm not trying to get off track w the race thing, but it's true. Just the way it is.

Interesting that only two of those SB's listed featured a higher scoring first-quarter than second-quarter. And both games involved Manning's Colts. I don't think it means anything for this game - I just found it interesting

agree...it is amazing how much he has improved/grown. It never gets talked about though, at all. If he was white and grew as much as he did this year, led the team to 15-1 while losing their #1 receiving option, and having as much fun as he is while doing it, and giving every td ball to a young fan, it would be non-stop media celebration of Cam.
I'm not trying to get off track w the race thing, but it's true. Just the way it is.

Not sure this is that true. Others have said it as well, but not sure race is the issue as much as him just being a douche bag. Russell Wilson got plenty of love and he's black as well. Cam is a douche bag, Russell is not.

I'm seeing Car -4.5, ML -210 now. First half is Car -3 -120. I would be shocked if this line went down, even if some late Peyton money comes in.

Not sure this is that true. Others have said it as well, but not sure race is the issue as much as him just being a douche bag. Russell Wilson got plenty of love and he's black as well. Cam is a douche bag, Russell is not.

I really don't think so

I really think that is just him playing out there.......he comes off as extremely likeable I think.

I agree, his antics all seem to be in good fun and I don't see the other team getting pissed off at him.

i would rate cam like a 2 on the douche scale. wilson would be around a 9 with his God cares about football bullshit.

i would rate cam like a 2 on the douche scale. wilson would be around a 9 with his God cares about football bullshit.

Lol, what? Cam is on LeBron's level when it comes to douchiness. Maybe Wilson is a douche with his God BS, but as we learned in the other thread, billions of people are into that BS so Wilson doesn't get ignored like Cam. Point is, it's not his race it's because he's a douche bag.

Everyone has has their own opinions as well, but you are seriously the first person I've ever heard say that Cam isn't a major douche bag.

I'm sorry, the 2nd person. Just saw that Twinkie doesn't think he is either. Lol

yeah, don't think cam is a douche at all. overall, he seems like a great guy. stuff i've read about him seems to confirm it. dancing doesn't bother me. neither do bat flips or pimping homeruns or really anything related to celebrating. i can't think of any other reason to think cam's a douche other than your own uptightness in regards to what is proper celebration.

yeah, don't think cam is a douche at all. overall, he seems like a great guy. stuff i've read about him seems to confirm it. dancing doesn't bother me. neither do bat flips or pimping homeruns or really anything related to celebrating. i can't think of any other reason to think cam's a douche other than your own uptightness in regards to what is proper celebration.

I love celebrations, bat flips, etc. Cam takes it all to another level, with the 5 minutes of dancing, the new countdown (1,2,3) before he dabs (as if the dabbing wasn't enough, he now has to count it down?), etc. I'll still point to the game this year when he basically started a fight to get someone off of him who just made a tackle simply so he could dance and point first down...which was negated because of a penalty. He's also just a front runner...things are great when they're winning, but as soon as things go awry, he sulks like a child. Hasn't happened much this year since they've won all but one game.

Cam's going to the HOF. If I weren't lazy, I'd bump my post from two months or more ago.

Back