Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Tough card today fellas. Trying for another winning week with the gotdamn basketball getting in the way. Can be very difficult doing all this shit at once.

Purdue plus 18 at Iowa. Situational handicapping dictates a play here. Letdown possibilities for Iowa, who have constantly been solid despite a few close losses. But Painter torched this team last year and if Purdue shows no signs of quitting they should hang here. Bowl eligibility is still on the line so expect a good effort, if not a win. Medium bet.

Kentucky -3.5 -105 vs. Vandy. The 'Dores get so close to bowl eligibility every year, then shit themselves down the stretch. This is one they should win, but figure out a way not to some year. UK's offense seems to be getting in a rhythm at this point. Defense is banged up; OVER worth a look here after Vandy's awful offensive effort last week. Small bets on both...

Utah State/Lousy Tech UNDER 48.5 - The Ags struggle offensively on the road and the LT defense has been solid. Just seems a tad high as LT doesn't put up points in bunches and USU defense has been decent at times. Medium bet.

East Carolina is banged up and Southern Miss surging as of late; still gotta recommend Uncle Skippy and the points tonight as I made ECU the fave. Took 3 flat there; might dabble in ML later.

Oregon State/Cal total looks way high but not sure I can get it now that it's gone down 5 points. Passing for now but looking forward to watching as that should be entertaining.

Will take Arizona if any 7s pop up. That's one I've circled as a potential game that Walters dummied up amist the Bob-o-Mania on Thursday.

Airr Force plus 4.5 -105... Flyboys continuing to get the cash under wily 2nd-year coach while Cougs with six straight non-covers... AFA actually threw it around some last week, while BYU is struggling to run the ball these days.... On the field, give it to the Academy.

South Carolina/Florida OVER 47.5. Just one of those deals where if I see a Florida total under 50 anymore, I'm hammering it. That offense is clicking on all cylinders. Special teams might be worth one touchdown or more. And USC QBs Garcia and Smelley should be capable enough to lead a couple or three scoring drives as they have been efficient if nothing else as of late. Big bet there; I see it getting up by 50 again.

A small stab on San Jose +14.5 - last week's disparate results throw this number out of whack. A return to form from both teams would take this one down to the wire. Medium bet.

Can you make Boise high enough? I don't know if Idaho will ever score but the Broncs laying six touchdowns with Reno and Fresno left? Pass.

Tulsa/Houston - first to score 50 wins? Maybe not. OVER 78 for a medium bet.

Stanford is worth a small look. Sure, USC has revenge, but the smash-mouth tactics of the Cardinal have worked with some success earlier in the season and if Gerhart smashing his way for decent gains between the tackles (first capable Pac-10 offense of doing so vs. USC since Oregon State)... can see confident Cardinal keeping it close. Tree plus 24 medium.

Rutgers won in Tampa last year; no reason to see why they can't duplicate. I was dead-wrong last week when I loaded up on Cuse. Fact is, Schiano can flat-out coach and Teel has progressed rapidly. RU about 5-6 straight covers and USF's defense not even close to resembling the unit that was there last year. They are much better at home - but two scores? Me thinks not. This goes to the wire. Rutgers plus 8 for my biggest bet of the day.

Noles at -5.5 offer some value despite all the suspended receivers. Small bet there.

Illinois I will take small if I can get 10. They have alternated good-week, bad-week performances for about 2 months now.

Florida Atlantic ML. Realize that U-La-La has a powerful offense but the Owls are hooting now that Smith has finally got untracked, and I'll take the wily, pipe-toting Howard at home with any points. Medium bet.

Monroe has been a great dog, and I noticed that over the last 2 1/2 seasons, ULM is now 12-0-1 ATS in the finishing five games of the season. Hard to buck that, especially considering that Ole Miss is no kind of favorite to lay big numbers. Taking 22.5 medium and fully expect this to go below 21 at some point, as this was another targeted game for Walters on Thursday....

GL fellas!

Bonus CBB bets...

Carolina -30.5 vs. Penn small.

Youngstown +1 vs. Barfalo small.

Northeastern +12.5 vs. Providence medium.

Cal-Riverside plus 12.5 small vs. NM State.

Cal-Irvine plus 19 medium at USC.

Montana State plus 8 vs. Reno small.

:shake:

Long time lurker..not so much poster..Just wanted to say a big Thankyou to Rex for all the input over the years..

As always, BOL today, Rex

Glad to see you on AF and Rutgers with me. Thinking of bailing on my Navy bet, any thoughts on that game? The situations are there for ND but I think the players/coaching is there for Navy.

allot of debate this week re tejas/ks...siding with the horns myself but very curious how you see it...any thoughts? gl today...love the rutgers play!

Airr Force plus 4.5 -105... Flyboys continuing to get the cash under wily 2nd-year coach while Cougs with six straight non-covers... AFA actually threw it around some last week, while BYU is struggling to run the ball these days.... On the field, give it to the Academy.

You are such a Bob homer...

BOL, Rexy...love Rutgers, too

Good luck Rexy. Glad to see you're not against me on any. Makes me think my card is a little too large for the day, though.

Good luck.

With ya on the Over in Gainesville today Rex, I think that if South Carolina could get us at least 14 we should be allright.

Spurrier should be good for a couple trick plays cause you know he likes to show us something in Gainesville. That hopefully could be good for some points either way.

I was actually liking South Florida -8 a little, but I now you've scared me from pulling the trigger. I made some nice cash betting against Rutgers early, but they've burned me a few times here lately. So I think I'm gonna just stay away.

I'm gonna go ahead and make a score prediction in Gainesville and say, Gators 44 - South Carolina 20. Couldn't make it up there this weekend, which sucks, got a fam birthday tomorrow.

Good Luck with the rest of your card, I'm on Air Force and Purdue with ya.

:cheers:

Rex-

Appreciate the weekly writeups...your opinions always help me firm up my card...GL.

Mully :cheers:
I sincerely second that. Really loved the Rutgers and Florida over picks. You made enough sense to get my vote.
Speaking of votes if you ever decide to run for "high"office announce it here at C.T.G. I doubt I am the only one who trusts your economic judgments!
BOL :cheers:

Back