Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sup fellas...

Big card today. Eager to get back to it after my first losing Saturday of the season...

Not much time for writeups, but I'll do the best I can...

Not sure where they can get off making UConn the favorite in Piscataway. Even though Edsall has had Schiano's number, this would be the week Rutgers is gonna turn it around if it will happen. I took the ML small and some 1.5 as well.

NOTE - the line is now Rutgers -1 and -1.5... If you can lay 1 small, there is still value. Pass anything else.

OK, so Clemson loses its coach. Does that justify a six-point line move. Hell, some people would tell me that they should be a BIGGER favorite after the Bowden Jr Era mercifully came to an end this week. With GT off the D-IAA scare and the shrewdness of their coach, I don't want to try to beat the Jackets now that both QBs should be healthy. Clemson is the better team and off extra rest, is the right side - if they show up. It was worth a ML stab for me at +115.

Duke got all the smart money this week earlier in the week, but at this point all the value lies with Miami. I waited it out as long as I could and I suspect this line will go up some today. The Canes still have a good deal of athleticism and that will cause the Duke offense serious problems.

The play: Miami -3 even money - I predict a touchdown or less win in a low-scoring game.

Virginia Tech in a revenge spot (take out the ACC title game, which had about 13 people in the stands last year)... the Hokies dominated for 55 minutes last year and now there's no Ryan to bail out the Eagles. VT's much stiffer schedule should pay off today.

The play: Hokies ML and +3 for the total of a medium bet.

Where does Oklahoma get off laying three touchdowns after last week? The Sooners are coming off a disappointing loss and lost their stud MLB for the year. That will make a difference today against a pesky Kansas team capable of trading punches with anyone.

The play: Kansas plus 20 for a big bet.

Not sure where WMU can get off laying points in Mount Pleasant. Even though the Broncos have performed better on the field this season, the Chips are still the league champs until proven otherwise. With WMU winning exactly one time at CMU since 1982 (I think), I don't know how ANYONE can lay points.

THe play: Central Michigan ML.

Ole Miss and Bama in an expected slugfest today in Tuscaloosa. This total is sure to come down. Get some now if you like UNDER like me.

THe play: Miss/Bama UNDER 50 medium.

Jorja outclasses Vandy, which finally saw the well run dry last week in Starkville. Bulldogs need to win out and today starts their secondary run to what might lead to an SEC East title.

The play: Georgia -14 small. Don't lay more than that. If it comes down, bet it. I will bet more if it goes below 14.

Colorado State performing much better than most people thought heading into the season with the new regime. Utah should do just enough to win and stay healthy.

The play: Colly State +23.

Southern Miss is in shambles. Rice has turned it on at this point in the season, and have the best two offensive players on the field.

THe play: Rice -1.5

Every wise guy in the world bet UNDER today in Austin. I just don't see it. Also note all of the money on the Tigers. There is little to no value in betting now and taking 3.5 or 4 points.

The plays: Mizzou +7 medium (no bet at anything less than 4.5) and OVER 64 (a readily available number) small.

Kentucky appears to have more talent than Arkansas right now; it's all mental with the Cats now after coming close in Tuscaloosa and then the stinging loss to USC last week... word out of Lexington is that Cats really want to beat Petrino - he beat Grandpa Richie four times while at U of L and this looks like their next best chance to get it done. At a touchdown, it's worth a shot.

The play: UK -7

Cal looks better than Arizona to me - I might get involved late at anything less than 3 for degenerate fun.

I respect Art Briles and understand that he's done a fabulous job with that stud freshman QB but this is a different beast today. Okie Light is making statements right now and I have them more than three touchdowns better than the Bears on paper. Rout!

The play: OSU -17 for a big bet.

Army did not complete a pass last week in beating EMU. News flash: this ain't EMU... Buffalo is at a point where they are damn near the favorite to win the MAC East and as much as it turns my stomach to lay DDs at home, I made this game 15.5.

The play: UB -10 for a big bet. Anything at less than 11.5 should be a nice sized bet.

South Carolina should beat LSU. The Tigers had yet to face an offense until last week. They're about to face another mediocre one, but Spurrier is working his magic again with two bad QBs. One seems to step in and play well in relief seemingly weekly. The OBC gets it done again.

Can Tulsa really lay 18 or more to wily Mike Price?

The play: UTEP +17.5 (bet it early in week; better number is out there)

San Jose looks far better than New Mexico State, but kudos to Shallow Hal for winning in Reno (road wins in the WAC under his regime hardly ever come).... so pass for now.

Where in the hell can you make Houston a two-touchdown favorite in Dallas? SMU continues to play hard and showed even more progress that they are grasping Jones's concepts last week. There is enough talent to compete there and I expect them to fight for 60 minutes (unlike that shitbag U-ab who figured out how to blow a 20-3 halftime lead and not even bother to cover).... Houston is solid when they get momentum but on the road today, that figures to come much tougher.

The play: SMU plus 14 big. Would take 13 big as well. I made the game 7.

Took Florida Atlantic +2.5 early in the week at Western Kentucky (made FAU 4 favorite)... Would pass it now.

No real opinions on the others. Just talked to Razor about the U-La-La QB in a potential SBC title tilt but he wasn't sure whether Desormeaux was playing or not.

Back later to answer some questions and hopefully have time for halftimes....GL!

:cheers:

Good Luck CKR . Hope all is well .

I would think and naturally you know better then I , that the Clemson line move was merely an adjustment not some sort of "sharp" action move its seems to be made out to be. Granted it could have been afterwards but I think the initial flip to GT as fav was based on the Bowden firing and maybe QB change . So thinking that if GT is getting its pass for Gardner Webb play they may walk into a beehive here and lean Clemson myself ..

Like Miami as well and may play them 1st H as Duke seems to struggle in there 1st Hs ...

On BC today I think TimH had some good points about some players VT will struggle without on offense . Granted BC off a big offensive performance the question is did the light bulb go on for them? I do think the ACC game was there payback especially seeing a good bunch of player changes from those teams .

Felt the same way about KU but at this moment leaning towards them in a bounce back spot . OU is down some defensive players but its OU would think there replacements are fairly solid . I would lay -17 but not sure about the almost -20 . Remember OU was -18.5 /-19 vs TCU and KUs defense will be in trouble here and KU offense to one diminensonal . Not impressive at either USF or Iowa State . Also have been lined fairly week in comparision to Texas and OU when I look back . I think its one of those games where at the end OU covers barely winning by 21 .

Not sure about CMU and WMU but feel that WMU is -3 to -4 on a nuetral field so opener I thought was way off but missed +3.5 . So lean WMU ML . CMU struggled to beat Temple last week and the team is living IMO off 2007 while playing at a much lower level on both sides of the ball . Well the defense has improved but the offense has shown a tremendous step back IMO ....CMU lined very weak vs Temple and covered by a few points .

Not sure about the total @ Bama . Miss is mistake prone so do they give Bama good field position and quick points or take points off the board for there offense which can move the ball ?? BOL

Agree on Georgia -14 and think it gets ugly here as Vandys offense will but up 14-17 probably best case and Georgia will break into the 30's probably at least 35 IMO . Miss State had some chances to score and believe Vandy was the lowest ranked SEC defense staistically but we know thrived on the timely time over especially vs Ole Miss !

Nice to see someone say CSU is better then perceived especially when I made that point in th eTCU thread this week . Leaning that as well .

Hard to pass on Rice and probably the over .....

Have some +7.5 with Missouri @ -125 basically agree thought Texas -3 was fair but didnt hit hard earlier not knowing what why it would move . Not impressed by Missouri but again they played a perfect game @ Nebraska and maybe just uncontrollably peaked a tad to early . Okie State to there credit just kept making plays always putting teh pressure on Missouri to do something which they were probably unfamiliar with as even Ill early they jumped on. So unfamiliar situation which maybe they have been battled tested now in a close game ....Was thinking under only because of the TOP issues thinking we see alot of grind it out drives rather then quick play strikes just shortening the amount of possession . Would lean UND 65(65.5) or better as in 34-31.....

I think Arkansas is still a mistake prone team who baffles us with the abilty to move the ball and find ways to miss FGs , fumble or throw INTs . The kentucky defense will make it much tougher on them then normally . Kentucky offense has shown some progression and if Auburn took advantage of the earlier ARL miscues they may have built a big 21-0 ish lead and killed ARK will rather then keep that at arms distance ......so Kentucky strong lean as well

Probably with you on Okie State as most expect letdown but the offense will play its usually excellnt football and Zac Robinson looked good to me last week as in suprisingly good improvement . The only letdown I would see is from the defense which played so well and really answered the bell after some issues IMO . Like teh 1st H as well expect them coming home after that upset a motivator . Baylor was lost at home vs Oklahoma's pass attack and even allowed 31 to Uconn . Lotta points for Okie State here 45 + .

No play yet either on SJ and NMST . I say this everytime SJ travels look at the past 2 years and see there pts scored in road games . Only LaTech and some other WAC team I cant recall at the moment did SJ score 21+ and got 20 at Hawaii thanks to trunover after turnover had barely any offensive production . Truth is they have struggled to even to get to 14 points on the road . Now NMST is a terrible defense and SJ defense is much better but considerable worse on the road like there offense is . So my point is can SJST win a game that looks liek a shootout ? What NMST game isnt a shootout ? Also NMST played well and should have defeated but collapsed vs NM a similiar type team in terms of value and strength to SJ......big fan of SJ TT unders and faded on the road ( took them vs Neb , faded vs Stanford and Hawaii away so far)

Have Buffalo already in and agree somewhat concerned about Armys recent offense improvement but they should have lost vs EMU but teams can pull out those games at home . Here thinking down 3 TDs at half ...

Agree with SC but no play as you said SC just winning sloppy lately and feel it catches up at some point . Having been on them past few weeks not sure I want to ride again ....LSU was clearly overrated ....

I like UTEP as well like you said Tulsa questionable at laying BIG points to teams who can score . Tulsa will score but there defense has been know to PROMOTE a shootout or two in recent seasons.

Very much agree with SMU. Houstons defense is not good and the have been DOWN pretty big to UAB , AForce and @ CSU at Halftime only to comeback and win or positions themselves to almost steal it late . Again another type team great offense but laying big points is questionable IMO....

Have some ULL and not sure about WKU and FAU . Really down on FAU and not sure the coaching staff can get them straight while WKU has played a tough schedule and there defense has faired well IMO. Some improvements on offense although they fucked themselves vs Ball State in the 1st H last week ....

Great stuff and glad we are on teh same page . GL have to finalize now !:cheers:

Good luck this weekend Rex. LIke seeing you on VT and Kentucky. Cats will be a big play for me.

Thanks fellas. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, Ben.

I bet on Iowa small at halftime. From what I watched, it looks like the Badgers are no better than about 7th-best in that league this year.

Okla State is a scoring machine! I had to lay 16.5 which seemed O K earlier for a reasonable bet. The fact that you liked it too, and big, assured me I was on the right track. This was a good sized bet for me. The biggest bet of this season. Thanks Rex for pushing me to have the confidence to do what I had wanted to do all week. Good luck on the many wagers still up for grabs!
:cheers:
PS Kansas hanging tough! Down by 7 early in the 3rd

Back