Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
OK fellas. Back to the posting world this week.

Sorry; this won't be too long, but I think we might have some winners here...

Laid 5 with East Carolina the other day during the craze of Doctor Bob and the quick sudden move down to 5 and 5.5. I would still lay 6.5 which is what you see at most spots now. ECU off a couple of losses and UVa off a big win. The ebb and flow of football, as well as talent, dictates that the Pirates get back on the boat after the bye.

The play: ECU -5 for a medium bet.

No White for West Virginia. No problem. Brown can run this offense effectively enough, and hell, it's still the 'Cuse.

The play: WVU -23 for a medium bet.

Wanted to try to make Minnesota lose ATS this week but Illinois off the big Mishitgan win is in no spot to cover DD's. Pass.

Northwestern just keeps catching points. The aggressive Wildcat defense has had two weeks to lick its wounds and ready for Ringer left, Ringer right, Ringer middle, plus the occasional Hoyer-road-pick.

The play: NW ML +105 medium.

Oklahoma looks to have wayyyyy too much firepower to me in the Red River Rivalry. They possess a better QB (in my opinion), two better RB's (proven fact) and the receivers are a little better. You add the two healthy defensive guys and that puts it over the top for the cash. Call it Sooners by 13; something like 34-21.

The play: Okie -6 for a medium bet.

Kentucky's defense really showed me a lot last week. I realize the USC offense has progressed a bunch since early on, but this UK defense will be the best it has seen and I forsee Smelley giving it to the wrong team. South Carolina hasn't been better than UK in recent years; but it has won the turnover war each of the last three times and that's part of the reason why it has won 8 straight in the series. All of that ends today if Hartline can manage the game. If the Cats rebound off the disappointing loss in Tuscaloosa, they are the superior side. Catching points at home makes it too easy.

The play: UK ML +125 for a big bet. Also took some +3 small.

Not sure how Buffalo can be favored over Western. I believe the Broncos have firmly cemented themselves as the second best MAC team behind Testicle Tech right now. Hiller is a little better than Willy and the Broncos won't have to contend with some troublesome Barfalo weather. Side with Broncs here.

The play: WMU plus 1 for a medium bet.

Suckers everywhere lining up on Vandy, and the situation is horrible with them. I will reluctantly lay it, knowing the bye for MSU and the way it's gone for them so far. The fact that Vandy seems to get outgained everytime out hasn't hurt them yet. That's because their defense gets a ton of takeaways, and Messy State has QBs that are more than willing to give them away.

The play: Vandy -1 -118 for a small bet. Would lay up to 2.5 flat small.

Reluctant bet on Okie Light today. Mizzou has Texas up next, and might be caught looking ahead. Even if not, this OSU offense has a ton of firepower and trying to give a team that scores 50-plus an extra two touchdowns plus at the starting gate is too good for me to pass on.

The play: Okie State plus 14.5 for a medium bet.

Would try to play Arkansas today (numbers-wise) as they deserved the cash last week against Florida. But the move under 17 (I think it will go back) is one reason why I'm off. The other one is something that hasn't come up in many convos, but it should be remembered. When Petrino was at U of L in 2003 or 2004, he had a secret interview with Aubbie president about taking the Tuberville job - after Tommy beat Bama, it became moot and Tommy T kept his job. The info leaked later, and that began Petrino's flirtation with other jobs. The Raiders offered him the next year, and then he went to Atlanta before 2007. Back into the college ranks, you can bet Aubbie has been licking its chops for this one since Day 1. The change in OC would keep me off, too.

I don't like Hal Mumme. And I do like Nevada and its offense. But I can't lay almost 3 TD's when I made it 3 full points cheaper. Pass.

Northern Illinois was my biggest bet last week, and the Huskies have established themselves as third-best (yes I said it, can't wait til they play CMU) team in the MAC. The Huskies should start getting some breaks soon. When they do, wins will come - starting today, against poorly-coached and directed Miami O unit. This team was actually favored against Vandy in August, hahaha...

The play: NIU -10.5 for a medium bet.

Lean Kent but can't bet on them with all of their failures outside of the running game.

Kansas looks too easy but I won't lay more than 13.

Penn State vastly out-talents Wisconsin, and the Purdue game last week was a good warm-up. With OSU breaking the invincibillity of the Badgers playing at night last week, you don't have to worry about that. PSU just has too much team speed and keeps the ball rolling on what will be JoePa's swan song right into the national title game.

The play: Penn State -5.5 for a big bet.

Utah State doing a lot of things right lately and did not give up when down 34-0 to BYU 10 days ago. I like Tomey a ton and SJST as a home fave is usually solid, but I made this game a lot cheaper.

The play: Utah State plus 14 for a medium bet.

Lean to Western Kentucky today if I can take 17 vs Testy Tech.

THe other shit games just confuse me and give me headaches. None of my lines (Arky State 11, MTSU -2 and U-La-LA 23) are even close to current numbers.

GL today!

:cheers:

rex if you got time, mini thoughts on leachs boys laying 3 td to nebraska. I was thinking they could basically name their score. thanks and gl today. sorry bout your loss last week

Thanks fellas.

Sig - Naming the score is right in Lubbock. I am using 21.5 at the shop and they are still all laying me TT. What can you do?

Rough day for me. I did make some back chasing some halftimes, but I also blew one late and had a couple of totals that went against me.

GL to everyone tomorrow. Nothing in the Niffel for me at this point. Was looking for Zona plus 6 but I'll never see it.

Back