Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Took a flier on Central Florida in Chestnut Hill. Don't think the UCF offense can generate a ton of offense but the Eagles and new QB Crane (only 248 yards passing in two games) is a significant dropoff from their signal caller last year. The experienced UCF defense and the tech edges (UCF 5-1 last six as a dog, BC 4-9 last 13 laying it) have me on the dog.

The play: UCF +10.5 medium

Vandy might not be able to win in Oxford, but I'm not trying to bet against Nickson and Hawkins. 'Dores are 9-3 last 12 as an SEC dog and has beaten Ole Miss twice in a row. Sneed is mistake-prone enough that one of his mistakes could well lead to a score the other way. Vandy turnover margin is certainly worth noting - it's consistent thus far despite them being outgained by a significant amount.

The play: Vandy +7 small

LSU/Auburn... Corso nailed it. First one to 10 wins - defenses far exceed offenses thus far. Total looks way high.

The play: UNDER 38 for a medium bet.

I'm a little concerned that Bama has won exactly one road game by more than a touchdown since 2005 but the Tide look to be rolling again after the sputter against Tulane's better-than-advertised defense. Arkansas could easily be 0-2 rather than 2-0 and even the bye and Petrino's coaching expertise can't mask the talent disparity here. With Hogs being unbeaten, the line appears 2-3 points lower than it should be.

The play: Bama -8.5 even for a medium bet.

Notre Dame's fraudulent pair of South Bend wins will rear its ugly head today as the defense puts its head on the swivel trying to stop bullish MSU RB Ringer. Sparty seems to be gathering steam and if they can throw it a little bit, they should be able to name the score. Sparty coming off a shutout of FAU (weather-aided) but who's to say that the Owl offense isn't further advanced at this point than ND?

The play: MSU -8.5 for a medium bet.

Maryland's schizophrenia should continue today as Eastern Michigan has the offensive weaponry to trade punches, even without starting QB Schmitt (backup might be better?).

THe play: Eastern Michigan +21.5 for a small bet.

East Carolina physically outclasses N.C. State - those who had the Wolfpack last week at a good price were fortunate to escape after the early 7-0 lead on a defensive touchdown. The Pirates were in a potentially flat spot last week in a conference opener after beating two top-25 teams to open up. No so this week, as they travel less than 100 miles to Raleigh to meet another BCS foe. NC State's defense might be able to contain Pinckney for awhile, but the woeful Wolfpack offense has scored just 3 points in its last 13 quarters against I-A competition.

The play: ECU -7 for a big bet.

Fresno in a big flat spot travelling to Toledo after the loss to Wisconsin last week. The win against Rutgers has lost some luster after seeing the Scarlet Knights play a couple of times. Toledo ran into Zona buzzsaw in week one but steadied the ship last week and now look to extract some revenge for last year's laugher that was aided by defensive and special teams scores for the Bulldogs. Rockets win this one outright.

The play: Toledo plus 7 for a medium bet. I will take 7.5 for more (to equal a big bet) if I see it - I missed it the first time around.

Not sure where people are interested in betting Iowa State tonight. Sure, the 'Clones have slick new coach Chizik's system slowly being implemented and that defense will keep them competitive. But I really liked UNLV's resolve last week in Tempe. Sanford was running out of time in Vegas and after watching him interview after their win last week, he was nearly in tears because he knew how significant that win was. There are two ways to go but I'd like to think that bruising Summers and improving Clayton (see true frosh receiver Payne, who had the big catch to tie it last week) have enough firepower to draw off late.

The play: UNLV -2 for a medium bet.

Injury-riddled Jose was blasted by Stanford 37-0 last year and did little right. But those who pay attention to what's going on know that this is not your father's (or even older brother's) Spartans. Tricky Dick's boys starting to play with confidence after outplaying Nebraska for a good part of the game and then dismantling San Diego State last week. Linesmakers have not adjusted, but these two teams are very very similar at this point. Tree could be a bit banged up after these Pac-10 wars early. With Cal transfer QB Reed calling the shots and Yonus Davis getting things done in the trenches, that offense should be able to keep up with an inconsistent Stanford unit. I line up with Doctor Bob for the first time all year! (and considering that he lives in the Bay area, that's not a bad thing in this spot, in my opinion)...

The play: San Jose State plus 8 for a medium bet.

Other leans are Southern Miss (will lay 7 flat) and Florida Atlantic (will take plus 7 flat if I see it).

Good luck all!

:shake:

Rex..

BW on Marshall, just FYI. Not sure if he's looking to come back over the top with SM, but I will be keeping an eye on what is going on.

GL today Rex - Agree that ECU won't be overlooking instate rival NCST today. My concern there are the injuries to Quentin Cotton who has just been integral to their defense and had a great game last week with 15 tackles and the injury to Bryant on the OL and the resultant shuffling. I'm not impressed with NCST at all though and like the play but it is a pride game for local bragging rights. Love the LSU under play as one of my favorites of the day. Agree with you on EM today as MD will miss D. Scott and are likely to be content with trying to just grind out a win and get ready for Conf. play next week. See you on Vandy and I was leaning the other way but missed the 5 ealy in the week so I think its a pass for me. Seems like I'm in the minority there liking Ole Miss but not sure Vandy can match offensive firepower and if they get behind I don't like their offense trying to come back. GL my friend!

Rex: I still question how good ECU really is, they beat a very over rated WV team that just got beat by a Colorado team with a poor QB. Not sure beating VT is a big deal this year either as VT seems to be living on what they did in past years. On the road for the 2nd straight week, banged up, & an interstae rivalary, not liking either side, I do think NC ST plays hard entire game as Tim said. GL

Awesome Rex, on almost all with you. The LSU/Aub under seems to be everyones call, I am actually going the other way small. Good luck with all your plays.

The play: Vandy +7 small

Fuck.

The play: UNDER 38 for a medium bet.

Yea!

The play: Bama -8.5 even for a medium bet.

Fuck.

The play: Toledo plus 7 for a medium bet. I will take 7.5 for more (to equal a big bet) if I see it - I missed it the first time around.

Fuck.

The play: San Jose State plus 8 for a medium bet.

Yea!

:shake:

Rex..

BW on Marshall, just FYI. Not sure if he's looking to come back over the top with SM, but I will be keeping an eye on what is going on.

Be nice if he stays on it since I grabbed Marshall at +10.5 -120 earlier in the week .....

BOL fellas !:cheers:

GL today Rex - Agree that ECU won't be overlooking instate rival NCST today. My concern there are the injuries to Quentin Cotton who has just been integral to their defense and had a great game last week with 15 tackles and the injury to Bryant on the OL and the resultant shuffling. I'm not impressed with NCST at all though and like the play but it is a pride game for local bragging rights. Love the LSU under play as one of my favorites of the day. Agree with you on EM today as MD will miss D. Scott and are likely to be content with trying to just grind out a win and get ready for Conf. play next week. See you on Vandy and I was leaning the other way but missed the 5 ealy in the week so I think its a pass for me. Seems like I'm in the minority there liking Ole Miss but not sure Vandy can match offensive firepower and if they get behind I don't like their offense trying to come back. GL my friend!

Agree with you TimH. I have played NCState +7.5 and some ML . Just think they are very close to 1-2 this year when you look it at with 2 wins in the final 2 minutes ...WVU and VaTech have all kinds of offensive issues at the moment . If they get those straightened out which they may not , good chance ECU wouldnt beat them later in the season.

Played EMU +21.5 in a sandwich spot off the Cal upset and with conference opener ondeck and as you said banged up.....BOL:cheers:

Northwestern was another play....

Any reason for adding more ECU Rex? Heavy money coming in on NC St

Funny I just played Northwestern 1st H this morning guess I will add some game. Liked the Wildcat defense so far as Duke need 90 plays to amass 470 yards at home and Ohio has been in 3 close games and the lines are getting more accurate now. Boo was good last week but CMU has a terrible pass defense and his 3 TDs were all huge pass plays ... 43 , 45 and 77 ....thats 165 yds on 3 passes so the rest of the day he 14/28 for 200yds still solid but CMU defense I think had a lot more to do with it ...Thanks bro...:cheers:

I'd use caution with that game Nut. That line is going up, and down, and up a, and down... Some crazy movements with it this morning.

I'd use caution with that game Nut. That line is going up, and down, and up a, and down... Some crazy movements with it this morning.

Thanks bro. Nothing crazy on it . 1st H for 1 unit and added the game at -9.5 -120 for 1/2 unit.....it was jumping all over the place....hoping that the 1st half is higher scoring cause interested in an under but got sidetracked ...

Again thanks ...BOL:cheers:

Tough start fellas, as ECU had their chances to get over the number but Skip turned into Lou there with his playcalling when we were up 4 at 9-minute mark or so inside the 10. Oh well...

Mizzou -14 for a medium bet 2H. Bulls have done all they can, including a return TD and +2 turnovers - to keep it close. Let the bludgeoning begin...

Tulane -1/2 flat 2H for a medium bet. Dominated the first half and Bob Toledo has his guys playing at a high level after a fairly difficult early schedule...

Back