Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sup fellas. This is the most difficult card of the season, from what I gathered.

I am also under the gun with time constraints - the Nuba starting this week keeps me very busy here with all the early moves that might or might not be real (Spiro keeps us all guessing)...

So it'll be like last week. I'll post what I got and if you got questions, fire away and I'll do my best to get to them...

I had a few people ask me about Ball State. The Cards are 12-1 last 13 on the road ATS and now that they are plus-7, I would only go that way. But IU is one win from bowl eligibility and Lewis - in the first playing time of his career, battled the Hoosiers back from 16-down in Muncie in the season opener last season. He will give BSU problems. Pass.

Weather deals in Connecticut. I like Rutgers too but the value is gone.

The play: UNDER 43 for a medium bet.

Following the group on Md/Carolina. Looking forward to hearing Tim's take on the Terps as well.

THe play: Carolina -2.5 for a small bet.

Florida coming off a loss but there are enough chinks in their defensive armor that I have no problem taking more than two touchdowns with a spunky Vandy team that always plays the Gators close.

The play: Vandy plus 14.5 for a medium bet.

Not sure where everyone giving South Carolina all the love. Sure, they outplayed the Vols last week but Arky won in Columbia last season and now they get the Cocks at home. USC better against the pass than the run; not good news for Jones and McFadden duo that should explode. Watch out for now-healthy Monk at wideout on the jumpballs if the Cocks try to crowd the box. Dr. Bob starting to heat up, and only missing 4.5 to 5.5 doesn't bother me.

The play: Arkansas -5.5 for a big bet.

UTEP and Rice are two decent offenses and two godawful defenses.

THe play: OVER 72.5 in Houston for a small bet.

Not sure where anyone can make UCLA a favorite on the road the way they are playing lately. Willie T getting very comfy with the Dykes Texas Tech spread, and he led a great rally in Seattle last week. Confidence brimming from Cat offense and I don't like UCLA's team at all.

THe play: Arizona ML for a medium bet.

Arizona State (especially 2H) has been a cash-cow all season for me and I'm thinking that continues again. If they can withstand any kind of Oregon rush early, then they should impose their will later - especially after Erickson makes his second-half adjustments (153-29 they've outscored foes after the break this season). The big and experienced ASU offensive line should give Rudy C. plenty of time to pick on the smallish Duck DB's...

THe play: Arizona State plus 8 and ML for a combined big bet.

Marshall still sucks despite its win last week and now it goes to UCF - the Knights have been impressive in their new Orlando digs, winning three straight by 25 per contest. Marshall 5-17 last 22 ATS away from Huntington.

The play: UCF -14 for a medium bet

New Mexico is a cash cow as a road dog (16-4 last 20) and TCU's error-prone offense makes it tough to back them (1-6 last 7 ATS). Aware that the TCU defense is finally healthy but the Lobo offense and Rocky's 3-3-5 makes UNM the logical choice.

THe play: New Mexico plus 3.5 for a medium bet.

Wake has quietly won six straight, while Virginia's stroke of good fortunes (four of seven wins by less than 3!) finally ended last week. Deacons' defense and special teams make enough plays again to make the difference here.

THe play: Wake PICK for a medium bet.

Pretty sad when your biggest bet of the day is a total, but they really didn't estimate the weather when they came up with the FSU/BC total. It's low to begin with but there's a reason for that ... both defenses are far better than the offenses. When you add 40 mph sustained winds, it will make it virtually impossible to pass. Fewer plays, and a live dog = low scoring slugfest. FSU should relish its role in national prominence (though on the wrong side) once again.

THe plays: UNDER 41.5 in Chestnut Hill for a big big bet.
Florida State plus 7 and ML for medium bets.

Not sure where USC has the right to lay three scores to an Oregon State team that has already beaten a top-5 team this year. The play-calling just isn't there from first-year OC Steve Sarkisian and OSU should be able to keep this one low-scoring, especially now that Canfield is being much more careful with his passes. This goes to the wire.

THe play: Oregon State plus 15 for a medium bet and ML for a small bet

Lean to U-La-La but think I'll pass for now.

Also lean to MTSU as they have been good to me as of late but tough to buck Weatherbie as a SBC home dog. THe pecker-in-a-jigsaw theory that Razor relates to is good enough to keep me "passing" here...

GL today!

:cheers:

Ap- Line looks about right to me in Tuscaloosa. Liar Liar's team will certainly be fired up but LSU got a much-needed bye last week. With Bammer losing all its games in close fashion, I would guess they get the cash here (seven is a comfy impost at home). I'll watch the first half...

Thanks man....GL w/ the Hogs 2-nite......When I think about them at home as chalk I get the picture of that Auburn game in my head and it hurts

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good Luck Rex
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Great writeup Rex....any lean on Mich/Mich St? the 'rines always dominate this series, but is that 4 a sucker number?

Sir Rex,
We talked about Kan & aTm last week. what r ur thought ons OU & aTm ??? OU has sputtered and now with a week off might be able to focus on the task at hand. aTm is not answering the bell in my opinion..
Thanks for your efforrt !!!!!

Been following all year and making money. Thanks you!

Any opinion on Ohio state or Penn state? Both teams are much better than opponents.

Scarf - Tough to go on the road and lay points to a well-coached team coming off a bad loss (where they outplayed the opponent) like Michigan is today, especially when Hart and Henne are still question-marks... Pass.

Wisconsin should be physically overmatched in Columbus, especially if Hill is a no-go.

If you can catch Navy plus 3.5 then you got the best of the number, which is all you can ask for. But this is the softest team ND has faced all year.

Goob - No real thoughts on OU/Ayyunem. OU much better team and Ayyunem has had problems with teams possessing tons of speed. That said, if they can establish the run, they should be able to get inside this lofty tariff...

6fig: Penn State in an awful spot; off crushing loss to OSU last week and now they face a totally different team and offense and I think Purdue is NOT much more inferior to PSU. In fact I am contemplating taking 8. It looks to me like Ohio State, Michigan and then everyone else in that league.

Ray - Yes. UNDER would be a good bet all the way down to 38.5 ...

I don't forsee this game getting out of the teens...

GL fellas...

rexy... what do u think of ball state today?
Cruz....it's in his first post..

per Rexy:

I had a few people ask me about Ball State. The Cards are 12-1 last 13 on the road ATS and now that they are plus-7, I would only go that way. But IU is one win from bowl eligibility and Lewis - in the first playing time of his career, battled the Hoosiers back from 16-down in Muncie in the season opener last season. He will give BSU problems. Pass.

thanks guys -- the bowl eligible thing scared me but ball state has been a fuckin cash cow for me this year

I think this is Ball State 3rd road game in a row. IU has something to play for. Leaning towards Ball State myself but will stay away and take the over. What do you guys think of the Pit Panthers, giving 13 at home to a bad Syracuse team is still alot but I think they'll cover that spread since Cuse cannot stop the run.

I will not ever bet on this Syracuse team. They can't MAKE the line high enough. Pitt also 5 straight DD covers at home. But pass for now unless it goes down...

Thank you Rex for the reply !!!!!! BTW - will you wait for ncaa foots to be over b4 you start looking at the niffel ???

Biggoob: I'll try to get some Niffel thoughts up here tonight before I leave...

Big Al: If you look at the plays and NOT the record, I think you'd tend to agree that they are a tad more rational and make more sense - along the lines of the plays he's made over the year...

Some of his beats have been brutal.

ECU, sorry I missed that - I thought I had that as a play but I guess not. I did bet it small at halftime; I'm not a Memphis fan though I noticed their impressive ATS record as of late, which helped keep me off this one. ECU a much better team and I wish I had bet it for the game...

Well, what a rotten deal on the Florida State game. 37 points in the second half, capped by a Pick-6 in the last 90 seconds.

Not a bad day overall I guess, though...

Onto next week....

Back