Saturday, September 15th Plays and Analysis Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
19-16-1 +11.95 units

Pretty solid week last week. I'll take it. Pushed on a bad number with West Virginia but will take that backdoor push all day. Penn St dominated defensively and got the cover. ASU played great ball for 3 quarters. LSU was way too easy and they played even better than I thought they could in all honesty. I tried to play a 'disciplined' card and sure enough would have hit almost every one of the plays I layed off. Thats good though. Its still a win when you are capping them rightr and will help out later in the season. This weeks goal. No dumb add-ons(two late night plays hurt) and a winning week.

I am going to give semi small write-ups but will discuss more at length tomorrow.

Ohio State @ Washington

This is a spot I have been thinking about for a few weeks. Washington has started out 2-0 behind Locker. Lets look at the competition though. Syracuse is proving to downright horrible. Boise is not the Boise of past years either. They had good yardage against UW but didn't muster many points. I don't feel like it was a lock-down week for UW. I think this is a very nice school but lets not get too high on them. Meanwhile, Ohio St hasn't played much competiton either but their defense is fuckin mean. I believe Yessir stated 13 straight 3 and outs last week. Akron also amassed under 100 yards of offense. No matter the teams on their schedule this year, the Buckeyes defense can rise to the occasion against all comers. Is the OSU offense not as good? Obviously. I know the line isn't peaking yet but Beanie started to show his stuff later in the game. This I know. The OSU defense will help the offense. I also trust sweatervest to manage thi game perfectly. The last 2 years of OSU football was a anamolly. This is more a Tressel team. The line was at 3.5 and I thought about buying down but never got chance. Ohio St 24-10....

Ohio State -4 -110 1 unit

Texas Tech @ Rice

We lost on the TT first half the other day but that set up a perfect 2nd half bet. Wish I could have taken advantage. Either way, I like this team a lot this year. Last week Utep scored 21 first quarter points. Two of the drives started in TT territory though. The Red Raiders were very solid the rest of the game from letting UTEP finish drives. Rice, on the other hand, is godawful. They got crushed by Baylor. Fuckin Baylor(lol). Their defense will get eaten alive and I don't forsee the offense being able to keep up. Even up from gthe opener I believe this is a soft line. Texas Tech never stops trying to score and this gets ugly...Texas Tech 52-14

Texas Tech -27.5 -110 3 units

BYU @ Tulsa

I will leave this writeup a little shorter. I like the play and discussed it a lot with Yanks last night. BYU has been very impressive in the first two weeks. They stood toe to toe with UCLA team that I keep in high regard. Tulsas first game against ULM had a misleading final with the blown call midway thru third quarter changing all mometum. Tulsa also has a trip to Norman on deck. This BYU team will simply wear out Tulsa. Bigger, faster and stronger...BYU 31-14

BYU -7 -110 1 unit

Pittsburgh @ Michigan St

Michigan State controlled the second half against Bowling Green on Saturday to pick up the win. It was a different type of game than week one as they went to the air more and later used the run game to finish it off. Bowling Green was successful for a half in the spread but Michigan St made some nice adjustments at half and really played excellent defense to seal the win. Previous regimes at MSU would not have done that so well and they may have lost that game in previous years. Pittsburgh hasn't done anything to get excited about so far this year and is not really a threat to do anything this year IMO.

This is a revenge game for Pittsburgh. Lets look at last years game. Michigan St won 38-23 at Pitt. The Spartans had 200 yards in the air and 355 on the ground. It was a dominant performance indeed. Since last year, Pitt has declined quite a bit and MSU has improved in scheme, mindset and defense.

The question becomes..why the hell is this line 8? I was thinking closer to two touchdowns. Michigan St is now more of a running team that can use the pass effectively. Although they haven't played a good squad(UAB) or a running team(BG) they have given up like 59 total rushing yards this year. This defense is much better. Not saying they will be world-beaters but its such a different squad. Hell, TE Kellen Davis is playing both sides of the ball and has recorded a sack in both games.

I think this game could be very ugly. I see tremendous value in this line and cannot believe I got it at this. I didn't forsee any huge plays this wek but thank-you oddsmakers very much. Michigan State 35-10

Michigan State -8 -110 5 units

I have some other games that I am waiting on as far as research/discussion/line movement. I will be hammering away at those for next day or two.

GL, comments and questions always welcomed

Last edited:
awesome write ups bro...I think im gonna wait and see wait that tosu line does, but me thinks im fucked if it gets to 4.5...AND u can't buy points at dimes on straight bets so I might just put them in a ML parlay.

crud. i didnt bet mich st vs uab in week2 despite Y'alls constant drumming that it was a winner and i knew it was a cover midway through the first quarter. Now this.

Bar,
Loving MSU as well and BYU. Still undecided on the OSU one. I know OSU defense is solid, but they have not scored much. I may lean the other way, however I am checking out a few things with a buddy in Seattle, before I go either way. I am liking Miss St +13 and the points and UNC alot at the number (3)? Any thoughts?

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good write-ups
GL BAR!!!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

heading your way for Michigan ND, battle for some pride game this weekend.
will see how bad M's defense really is in person.

How in the hell did UCLA cover that game last week? I left this party and I was watching the game on my I phone (no big deal lol jk) and they were up by 4 with under 2 minutes. Late night I was playing cards and saw that they won by 10! Lets not forget that they were down by 20 early in the game. I did not see any of this game....what the hell happened?

Tulsa really does not intimidate me either. Even though they were losing week 1 at the half, they pretty much dominated that game completely. Also, that no huddle will not hurt teams, as the film is out and they know what to expect IMO....I like this play and probably will add it

How in the hell did UCLA cover that game last week? I left this party and I was watching the game on my I phone (no big deal lol jk) and they were up by 4 with under 2 minutes. Late night I was playing cards and saw that they won by 10! Lets not forget that they were down by 20 early in the game. I did not see any of this game....what the hell happened?

Tulsa really does not intimidate me either. Even though they were losing week 1 at the half, they pretty much dominated that game completely. Also, that no huddle will not hurt teams, as the film is out and they know what to expect IMO....I like this play and probably will add it

yessir - they were up 20-0 over BYU not down.

Tulsa ran 86 plays with their no huddle vs. ULM. I would suspect it will be a bit less in this game

I was talking about BYU being down 20-0. I was cheesing early when UCLA was winning 20-0 then BYU went on a 17-0 run or something like that ...I can see where it is confusing though...

lol and that was supposed to be dominating....Tulsa dominated the game...doing to many things here...we have parent teacher conferences and I am doing 12 things at once

yup..I pretty much dropped the ball last night not taking MSU -7.5 and buying it down to -7... fuk me

BAR, the best I can get on Mich St is -10, still worth it? I think it is because I can see this jump up to 10.5 by thursday or friday.

Thanks and GL

Nice looking card BAR, glad we're on the same side on our similar plays. I agree MSU is good to at least 14, I thought I missed something when I got the line at 8 so I only layed 1 unit. Kicking myself now. I also like the OSU play but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. GL this weekend

BTW..

Thursday night...no official plays

but lean towards both Favorites...

One thing keeping me off TCU is that last years game..great sample..but was finale...although if a 7 pops up..hmmm

WVU...the pass defense....still think they roll though

Well, been a hectic week, sorry for not being around as much or responding in your threads. I have read just about every thread but have been so exhausted each night that I really haven't been motivated to formulate responses.

The Numbers came out where I did NOT want them to for totals. One of those is creeping back to reality while I missed a psuh on another. Still looking at those. As fas as sides go I have my eye on a few still. Looking for the right number. Fresno will be a play but waiting for a 17 to 17.5. I know RJ values that game highly and I concur on many thoughts of his.

Just one more play now.

Hawaii -17 -110 1 unit

Per usual with Hawaii games I won't waste too much time with my drivel. Thats what HG's thread is for. One of my biggest selling points in this game is an underachieving Hawaii team last week vs an overachieveing UNLV squad has made this game great value.

:shake:

final plays:

UM -8.5 parlayed w/Hova 44 1 unit to 2.60

Frezzno +17 2.4-2.00

ECU +1 2 units

UF/UT Hova 55 -110 1 unit

leans:

FAU..line sucks now
UW-OSU under
Arky-Saban under

been jumping out at me for 2 days...RJ agrees...

looked at more after we talked 2nite....sorry no writeup..gotta work in 6 hours..:down2:

work on gameday!?!?! where are your priorities, man?!?

get some sleep, bro.

:cheers:

other solid leans..sorry

UK hova

nebraska...but bjorks thread shows me they plasycall like bitches again

BC...finally decided trap game..still like it tho

looked at more after we talked 2nite....sorry no writeup..gotta work in 6 hours..:down2:

BAR works?:seeya::tiphat:

Good Luck this week bro...thinking you will have a strong one:cheers:

PS change that avatar, it is really freaking me out:36_11_6:

NO, no...

don't get me wrapped up in this one.

I do like ECU SU in this one although I can't formulate why. I do think they're the best team in North Carolina right now.

B.A.R. added evening play

received text from B.A.R......his play is as follows:

Texas Tech -28.........add 2 units

Back