Saturday Discussion

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
12:35 PM1 /26 /08
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><td class="gNum">#</td><td class="gName">
</td><td class="gSpr">
</td><td class="gTot">
</td><td class="gML">
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">501</td><td class="gName">INDIANA</td><td class="gSpr lineChk">
</td><td class="gTot lineChk">
</td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">502</td><td class="gName">MIAMI</td><td class="gSpr lineChk">
</td><td class="gTot lineChk">
</td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

4:05 PM1 /26 /08
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><td class="gNum">#</td><td class="gName">
</td><td class="gSpr">Spread</td><td class="gTot">Total</td><td class="gML">
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">503</td><td class="gName">PHILADELPHIA</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="687282_3_0_5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+5-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="687282_3_2_-191_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o191-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">504</td><td class="gName">CHARLOTTE</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="687282_3_1_-5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-5-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="687282_3_3_191_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u191-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">

5:05 PM1 /26 /08
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">505</td><td class="gName">LA CLIPPERS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="687283_3_0_4_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+4-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="687283_3_2_-200.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o200½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">506</td><td class="gName">MEMPHIS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="687283_3_1_-4_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-4-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="687283_3_3_200.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u200½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">

5:35 PM1 /26 /08
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">507</td><td class="gName">NEW ORLEANS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="687284_3_0_5.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+5½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="687284_3_2_-182.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o182½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">508</td><td class="gName">SAN ANTONIO</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="687284_3_1_-5.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-5½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="687284_3_3_182.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u182½-110</td></tr></tbody></table>

Well, I'm jumping on the Hornets right now or soon after the games tonight.

Hornets
6-1-1 on a B2B this year.
14-5-1 ATS on the road.
21-5-1 ATS in the last 27 road games
9-1 ATS in their last 10

Spurs
15-7-1 with 1 day of rest.
13-10-1 ATS at home.
3-7 ATS in their last 10 games

Also Chris Paul and the rest of the Hornets are probably going to playing a bit disgruntled with the All-Star starting snub of CP3, or if he even makes it. Byron Scott still has the opportunity to coach the west. The Hornets will want revenge on the big loss early in the year to the Spurs, it was one of the ugliest Hornets games I've watched this year. Basically it was a clinic and we must return the favor and no better time, two teams heading in opposite directions. Hornets have made some great half time adjustments and thats the biggest difference from the Hornets right now than in the past. They've been nearly unstoppable in the 2H.

just took spurs and gonna look for a duncan vs west prop.

think this line goes up 7.

Think Brewer is right on about the line movement. Don't see this one sticking for long down at 5'.

I don't really have a great feeling on this one other than SA ML. I don't think they can afford to lose this game before the Rodeo trip. I'd have to look it up, but I doubt they've lost many games SU before the rodeo trip. (looked it up 5-0 SU last 5 years and 3-2 ATS with 4 of the wins being by DD's and a 4 point win over Utah.)

good info, i'll have to look it over.

One thing is we don't match up well vs the Spurs, usually give us a good beating.

JPicks, what was that Indy home/away and away/home ATS trend from a few days ago. I copied the info and lost it. Cant find it now. I don't think it applies tomorrow, but I want to have it on hand when they return home. Repost the info please.

I like the Under in San Antonio. Two slow paced teams facing off, and both tend to go under against other slow paced teams.

I like the Under in San Antonio. Two slow paced teams facing off, and both tend to go under against other slow paced teams.

I wouldn't exactly say the Hornets are slow paced. They love to play in transition, it all just depends on if we make our 3's or not to make it a high scoring or low scoring game. Also a top 5 defensive team.

Spurs have had success vs us in the past though.

I use the Pace Factor numbers from the basketball-reference website when I refer to pace. They have the Hornets ranked 26th and the Spurs 28th. Both great defensive teams.

And two of the 4 lowest paced teams combined with two of the top 4 defensive teams?!?!

I was shocked to see this thing open in the 180's. Expect something in the 170's before tip.

Thanks, good to be here :cheers: I used to just bet on random games for fun, but I'm trying to do my research these days and this is a smart forum.

phi@cha
-don't like this game, but little kitties really have a bad record as favorites (not sure if philly is worth a look)

lac@mem
-gameside is a toss up (yup clips can win this one), total @ 200 looks low though clips are playing their 4th in 6

noh@sas
-well probably the game of the night, hornets has been beating the living crap on almost everybody this is an acid test for them, spurs also have something going, tough game to call, might look at that over

GL

Well, the loss of Barry puts the Spurs back to the drawing board. Pop is trying to find his rotation and the rodeo is coming up. Spurs I think win this game but interested to see where the line is going. we all know the Spurs have been pacing themselves as they always do in the first half of the season and injuries have been a key cog. I love listening to Esquire, I mean ESPN talk about them going downhill, struggling, whatever analogy they keep saying. Anyone who knows the Spurs know they will be there in the end.

And two of the 4 lowest paced teams combined with two of the top 4 defensive teams?!?!

I was shocked to see this thing open in the 180's. Expect something in the 170's before tip.

And I thought the line would run up to 7. 0 for 2. Hope my plays don't do the same. :tiphat:

Today will be Philly's 12th road game in the last 28 days or so and also their 12th road game in their last 17 games. So what's ahead? Three days off followed by one road game in their next 23 days.

Charlotte meanwhile has lost two straight at home against above average opponents in SA and DAL.

Last time these teams met Philly delivered a beat down to the Bobcats.

So one team wants to avoid their first 3 game losing streak at home and avenge a 31 point loss and the other teams gets to go home for a month after playing non-stop on the road. Add to the fact that the Bobcats are off a rare road win and the Sixers are in a tailspin and I'm more than interested.

Playing the Bobcats full game and possibly 2nd half. GL

Just seems like a real deadspot for the Sixers. If I was in their shoes I'd just want to get tongith over with to go home and get a little R&R.

Ya I did, but I didn't really have intentions to play both of them. Expected some big line movement to look for a middle on one of them, but no such luck. May eat the juice on one, but I'm not sure which.

It's just one of those statement games for SA that they never lose. They loved beating up Utah last year as they were the new kid on the block and I'm kind of thinking the same thing happens to NOH tonight. Past history isn't that great of an indicator as Paul is fresh, but still expecting the same results.

Today will be Philly's 12th road game in the last 28 days or so and also their 12th road game in their last 17 games. So what's ahead? Three days off followed by one road game in their next 23 days.

Charlotte meanwhile has lost two straight at home against above average opponents in SA and DAL.

Last time these teams met Philly delivered a beat down to the Bobcats.

So one team wants to avoid their first 3 game losing streak at home and avenge a 31 point loss and the other teams gets to go home for a month after playing non-stop on the road. Add to the fact that the Bobcats are off a rare road win and the Sixers are in a tailspin and I'm more than interested.

Playing the Bobcats full game and possibly 2nd half. GL

Great win by the Sixers. :tiphat:

Might have been helpful to know that Felton was going to miss the game, but I suppose that's what HT wagering is for. Didn't participate in the 2nd half part though. :hang:

Back