Saturday College FootBall

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
I have to post these one at a time because this old laptop that I am using has a tendency to crap out half way thru a writeup and I lose everything and it doesnt take but a couple of 'aahshits' till i say to hell with it so bear with me please

I played some of these larger plays earlier in the wk at different lines but will post at present lines

and a dis-closer: I am almost completely sober as I post these so if I lose, I have nothing to blame it on. LOL.....although I have been known to do some of my best work while fully intoxicated....just ask Wire and Tim

Ohio State* -3 -120 vs Michigan 240/200...This is not an easy capp as preparing for Michigan has become trickier now that Denard Robinson has assumed a new role. But Urban Meyer, who I am not a big fan of but a hell of a coach, invariably makes the proper adjustments and the revenge minded Buckeyes aim to put the finishing touch on an undefeated season. Buckeyes are looking for revenge and perfection OSU with a 418-314 yardage edge. State has been on a mission from day 1, with their probation serving as a superior motivator. If it wasnt for the recent changes @ Mich with Robinson, I would load up on this one but now it just a small to medium.

Vanderbilt* -10 -130 vs Wake Forest 260/200 ..... if u break this game down, Vandy has substantial edges in almost all stats here but they also have a little letdown after last wks big win over Tenn. Four straight wins & covers (+66½ pts), while ranking 17th & 16th in total & scoring "D". Host is 22-10 ATS in Deacon tilts, but Wake has been outscored 75-6 last 2 wks, & at #114, #120, & #117 in run, total, & scoring "O". Even with a letdown is a distinct possibility, I have to back Vandy but one might want to chk Wake Forest RB Josh Harris status.

Connecticut* +10½ -110 vs Louisville 220/200
Connecticut* +375 ML vs Louisville 20/75.......UConn with a wks rest, has a quarterback who is learning on the job and will improve again with the two wks of practice and a running back they want to hand the ball to 25 times and hopefully the defense will make enough stops to keep them in the game with a chance to win it in the fourth quarter. Louisville, 9-1 SU, is also off a bye also and needs to win this to set up a showdown game with Rutgers next week, which would be for the Big East Championship and Louisville lost their most productive RB and has developed leaks on the defensive side of the ball. I dont trust Louisville's soph QB Bridgewater against a defense as good as UConns. He’s been good at times, but he’s also been underwhelming. With a week to let reality settle in, Louisville takes the field against a team that it blocked out of a bowl game late last season.Wht is that saying,""Revenge is best served cold"" Further complicating matters, UConns top 10 ranked D figures on its own kind payback as it once again needs this win to stay bowl eligible. Louisville’s weak schedule (lined opponents just 28-58 this season) only masked its perfect beginning to the season. Go UCONN

Georgia* -13 -130 vs Georgia Tech 520/400.... I like this one and have it in a bunch of parlays bought down to nine and ML. I have had several phone calls with friend telling me how much they like Tech and the trippleOption against thee Dawgs. I will restate what I basically told them....Play Tech if U believe that strongly, but not me. Georgia played Georgia Southern the week before this regular season finale vs. Georgia Tech to get warmed up for this one. Georgia Southern runs a triple-option offense, same as Georgia Tech.....hummmmm.... They’re a good team, 8-3 this season, and their 401 rushing yards per game was the most rushing yards per game in the FCS. So, what you have here, is Georgia preparing against the unique Georgia Tech style for a week, then playing against a very good facsimile of it for 62 snaps (58 runs) on this field in a 45-17 win, then preparing for it for another week before facing it live against Georgia Tech. When you can win the point of attack against a triple-option, you have a good chance of containing it, and Georgia’s front seven is a pretty physical bunch. GT has moved to freshman QB Vad Lee, and he’ll be taking a major step up in class after facing the leaky North Carolina and Duke defenses the last two weeks. Can Georgia’s offense, averaging 37.5 ppg, score a lot against Georgia Tech’s 'alleged' defense, which has allowed 30 ppg despite playing only one ranked opponent? Come on, now. After Kansas State and Oregon lost last Saturday,
the 10-1 SU ’Dawgs have snuck into the National Championship picture and although they play Alabama in the SEC Title Game next week and will get whipped bad, there would be no BCS title game if they lose to Georgia Tech. Therefore, no look-ahead... just pound the in-state rival after being well-prepared for them. This really should be a dime play.....but the older I get, the small balls I have.

ok, warning...I have now officially had three large drinks!! And just getting warmed up.

North Carolina* -24 -120 vs Maryland 60/50...I will keep this small untill DrTim capps this game and tells us what to do. The line is up high enough so that ifthe Terps decent defense can hang in there, the offense may need to make only one play late in the game to narrowly get the money. So, if you take NC and the pointspread is hanging in the balance, good luck. But they stand just as good a chance of getting killed if the defense has basically said, ‘we’ve had enough,’ and UNC’s offense is hitting on all cylinders. What say U Tim?? NC wrong team or add more??

ok, warning...I have now officially had three large drinks!! And just getting warmed up.

North Carolina* -24 -120 vs Maryland 60/50...I will keep this small untill DrTim capps this game and tells us what to do. The line is up high enough so that ifthe Terps decent defense can hang in there, the offense may need to make only one play late in the game to narrowly get the money. So, if you take NC and the pointspread is hanging in the balance, good luck. But they stand just as good a chance of getting killed if the defense has basically said, ‘we’ve had enough,’ and UNC’s offense is hitting on all cylinders. What say U Tim?? NC wrong team or add more??

Virginia* +10 -110 vs Virginia Tech 55/50...no warm fuzzy feeling for me on this play but I'm damn tire of Beamer and VTech taking my $$. Virginia is 4-7 SU and can’t go to a bowl. The next best thing for them would be to prevent
Beamer Bowling by the currently 5-6 SU Virginia Tech team. The Virginia coaches are jerkng the quarterback position around with Rocco and Sims and I don’t know how that will help or hurt, but at least their defense wont be as abused as it was against NC's Renner. The Hokies do more downfield throwing and less quick throws with yards after the catch. Another 'dog' for me

Michigan State* -7 -145 vs Minnesota U 145/100
Michigan State* -8½ -110 vs Minnesota U 110/100.... MishSt scares me on the road considering that each of their last seven games has been decided by 4 points or less. Minnesota is already bowl-eligible and Michigan State is not. Sparty needs to win this game to be 6-6 SU. Minnesota’s o-line is banged up, and the Sparty front seven is pretty solid. Minni is bangedup at other spots, too, so much so that the head coach is talking about proposing NCAA rules changes to allow redshirts to play in bowl games. If they’re that injured now, then playing a second straight game against a physical foe that needs to win is probably not a good thing.

Duke* +7 -125 vs Miami Florida 12.5 littleones to win 10....ur guess is as good as mine...or better. If Miami wins, they win the ACC Coastal Division and would play Florida State next Saturday in the ACC Championship Game.Oh Joy!! Duke is just out there playing for fun with 6 wins and no shot to win the division anymore. The Blue Devils are 0-3 SU and ATS since getting that sixth win, and you were warned that they would lay down like dogs and not hurt themselves and miss the chance to party down and play in a bowl game somewhere. The losses have been by 31, 36, and 18 points. But, and its a big But, Duke's marquee players are mostly seniors and this is their final home game and if u have ever played this game, u know what that means

Illinois* +21 -150 vs Northwestern 30/20....similar situation to above. Northwestern left East Lansing with injuries of uncertain severity at offensive skill positions. Illinois is a mess, but there are 20 seniors on the roster and they are a live dog getting a bushel of points.

ok fellas...its late and its FriNite and everyone is out partying and there is a lack of participation. And the ole hound is tired. If I get back in the morn, I will throw some more out, otherwise I hope everyone has a Great Saturday.

before i wrap this up tonite, I made two dime plays this wkend and they are
Alabama* -31 -110 vs Auburn 1100/1000
Alabama* -20 -110 vs Auburn for 1st Half 1100/1000
and two more nickle plays
Clemson* -3 -125 vs South Carolina 625/500
Clemson* -2 -110 vs South Carolina for 1st Half 550/500

GLTA

I got me some Buckeyes at 3 as well. Like those big bets on Clemson, gonna be on them myself I think...whatta think about Free Shoes U?

ok fellas...its late and its FriNite and everyone is out partying and there is a lack of participation. And the ole hound is tired. If I get back in the morn, I will throw some more out, otherwise I hope everyone has a Great Saturday.

Just got back from the Marriott in Bogota. All partied out. Actually I stayed at home and nursed my bets. Just want to say how much I admire your work ethic and the quality of the results.I know you didn't win every bet but many of the losses made sense. Take Washington,up big going into the 4th they allowed State to score 21 straight points on the backs of penalties and turn overs.I tailed you on Syracuse and agreed with Central Michigan but bet it with more confidence so I thank you for that too.I really like Clemson and have been betting Ohio State at -3-120 for days.I just think the number one ranked power team will be too much for a slightly above average Michigan team. They are making a statement by going unbeaten so they will be ready.
Happy holidays to Mrs Hound and yourself.Must be nice to have a wife who empathizes with the thrill of victory and the occasional agony of defeat.
[h=1][/h]

Not as bad as it once was but it is the capital and biggest city in Colombia. It has many problems because it produces and exports certain drugs but tourism is the biggest industry. Bogota is renown for it's universities and libraries and is called the Athens of of South America.Bogota has 106 accredited colleges that are free to residents Might as well mention Costa Rica if we are talking education. They abolished their Military so they could educate their population and many of us know that gambling is legal. As far as safe? Where ever you go you bring yourself and if you are inclined to find trouble it really doesn't matter where you are. IMHO You might as well ask if New York or Detroit is safe. For some it is for others not so much. I grew up in the Bronx and saw this phenomena firsthand.

Not as bad as it once was but it is the capital and biggest city in Colombia. It has many problems because it produces and exports certain drugs but tourism is the biggest industry. Bogota is renown for it's universities and libraries and is called the Athens of of South America.Bogota has 106 accredited colleges that are free to residents Might as well mention Costa Rica if we are talking education. They abolished their Military so they could educate their population and many of us know that gambling is legal. As far as safe? Where ever you go you bring yourself and if you are inclined to find trouble it really doesn't matter where you are. IMHO You might as well ask if New York or Detroit is safe. For some it is for others not so much. I grew up in the Bronx and saw this phenomena firsthand.
Dude I grew up in NO. Wasnt trying to take a tone if that is how u got it. :shake:

HOUND....YOUR fRIDAY WAS AMAZING,,,WISH I HAD TAILED ALL OF THEM...IF I HAVE IT RIGHT YOU WERE SOMETHING LIKE 13-2. :thumbsup:

HOUND....YOUR fRIDAY WAS AMAZING,,,WISH I HAD TAILED ALL OF THEM...IF I HAVE IT RIGHT YOU WERE SOMETHING LIKE 13-2. :thumbsup:

Thanks bones...something like that. Hope u have another big day my friend.

I would never ever try and tell anyone how to make plays but I have been doing this stuff for many yrs and have found if one is going to tail, over time, one must find someone they trust and follow all of the games. No one wins them all, as hard as we try, but we win some that may not look like winners on the surface and lose some that we probably shouldnt but at the end of the yr, a good capper should be up substantially. There are a bunch of excellent cappers here and maybe a few more places that fit that mold.

Thanks bones...something like that. Hope u have another big day my friend.

I would never ever try and tell anyone how to make plays but I have been doing this stuff for many yrs and have found if one is going to tail, over time, one must find someone they trust and follow all of the games. No one wins them all, as hard as we try, but we win some that may not look like winners on the surface and lose some that we probably shouldnt but at the end of the yr, a good capper should be up substantially. There are a bunch of excellent cappers here and maybe a few more places that fit that mold.

UNDERSTOOD. I also do my own capping, but yesterday I did not get the feel. I capped UNDER in Neb/Iowa, Bowling Green and UNDER , Cinci and UNDER, and LSU -7.5 1 H myself for winners and had self imposed losses in LSU 2H, Under in AZ/AZST 2H. So, with your picks and my few had a good day. But, i will not bet if i can help it, until i read what you have to say. Thank you - handshake.

I got me some Buckeyes at 3 as well. Like those big bets on Clemson, gonna be on them myself I think...whatta think about Free Shoes U?

Mars, good to see that u like Clemson also. I think Clem wins by 7-10

As far as FSU, I capp them a 7 pt winner which if right on the present #. I hace FSU ML in some parlays but not straight up. Florida’s defense is the best D that Florida State will have faced this season. Other than Maryland’s, whose defense is sinking fast and whose stats were padded early, there isn’t an ACC defense besides Florida State that ranks in the Top 25. The Gators see Florida State’s #1 overall defensive rankingand take that as an insult and a target. Florida State averages almost 500 YPG and leads the nation in total defense. That’s a hard combination to beat, with or without J Driskel, but the Gators have played a stronger schedule and are itching for revenge after holding FSU to only 95 yards from scrimmage last year.But breaking the #s down....'Noles: #1, 5, 1, 5, & 3 in run, pass, total, scoring, pass eff. Gators: #6, 4, 3, 1 in run, total, scoring, pass eff. BUT.... FSU can score, with 200-51 pt edge in lined HGs for FlaSt, while UF at 9 & 17 pts vs last 2 decent foes. Host 7-0 ATS in FSt tilts.
I did play the Florida/Florida State* Under 45 -120 for two on the open but thats not a sure thing if FSU finds the holes in Fla D

GL today my friend

Just got back from the Marriott in Bogota. All partied out. Actually I stayed at home and nursed my bets. Just want to say how much I admire your work ethic and the quality of the results.I know you didn't win every bet but many of the losses made sense. Take Washington,up big going into the 4th they allowed State to score 21 straight points on the backs of penalties and turn overs.I tailed you on Syracuse and agreed with Central Michigan but bet it with more confidence so I thank you for that too.I really like Clemson and have been betting Ohio State at -3-120 for days.I just think the number one ranked power team will be too much for a slightly above average Michigan team. They are making a statement by going unbeaten so they will be ready.
Happy holidays to Mrs Hound and yourself.Must be nice to have a wife who empathizes with the thrill of victory and the occasional agony of defeat.

Thanks Jasper Appreciate the kind words. GL today

and Bogota sounds like an interesting city and its certainly in an interesting country

Tell me about ur boat. I had a big sail boat that I was going to retire on 25 yrs ago until Hurricane Opel took it from me. I have sailed the east coast of Cen & So Amer

I am not going to have time to writeup every game.
I will be glad to discuss any or as many as we can.Here are some of my larger plays in addition to the one listed above.

Penn State* -1 -130 260/200...

Rutgers* +3 -130 vs Pittsburgh U.... 220/200

Purdue* -3 -140 vs Indiana...140/100

NC State* -13 -130 vs Boston College 260/200

Mississippi* -1 -110 vs Mississippi State 110/100

Fresno State* -16 -120 vs Air Force 480/400

UCLA* +4 -130 vs Stanford 130/100

Oklahoma* -6 -118 vs Oklahoma State 118/100

Texas A&M* -20 -120 vs Missouri 240/200

Oregon* -9 -117 vs Oregon State 117/100

SMU* +7 -150 vs Tulsa 150/100

San Jose State* -3 -130 vs Louisiana Tech 130/100

New Mexico* +4 -120 vs Colorado State 120/100

Western Kentucky* -10 -130 vs North Texas 260/200

Middle Tennessee State* -3 -105 vs Troy 105/100

I know these #s are different from present but still available to buy. As U know, I most always play ''key #s''

GL guys

Blood : The more I look at San Jose.....the more I think it could be my fav play of the day. Hope you hit them all

Cash...Tech had their hearts broken losing @home in OT to Utah State, and now they can’t win the WAC unless Utah State loses and thats not happening. San Jose State has a good passing game and their defense is capable of making a stops But you have to respect the way La. Tech just keeps playing, fast and steady. They’re never out of it and they pick passes – they had Pick-6s against Virginia and Texas A&M. But SJSU can’t trade points if this becomes big shootout, but dont think it will play out that way as the Spartans, who rank #5 in sacks, have allowed only 14 passing touchdowns in their 11 games. So thats why I kept it a one U play.
GL

You talked me into Ga, like the fact that they got the prep facing Ga Southern. Nice writeup, BOL today Blood.

Cash....the site is screwed up as for as letting u read all of my posts. I hope CTG is aware. I posted this early on. Once we get enough post to go to page two, then all post are readable.

Ohio State* -3 -120
vs Michigan 240/200...This is not an easy capp as preparing for Michigan has become trickier now that Denard Robinson has assumed a new role. But Urban Meyer, who I am not a big fan of but a hell of a coach, invariably makes the proper adjustments and the revenge minded Buckeyes aim to put the finishing touch on an undefeated season. Buckeyes are looking for revenge and perfection OSU with a 418-314 yardage edge. State has been on a mission from day 1, with their probation serving as a superior motivator. If it wasnt for the recent changes @ Mich with Robinson, I would load up on this one but now it just a small to medium.

I have love for GTech as well. L Tech is on my card too. Never a good thing to be opposite of you Maestro! Lol. GL.

Blood - Terps decimated with injuries again this week. Vellano is going to miss with ankle, Drakeford is out, Hartsfield out. Their front 7 on defense played well this year until the injuries piled up and I thought this was the strength of their team in the first 8 gms or so. With Petty at QB MD just can't throw. He was an option qb in high school recruited to play LB and was going to be red shirted this year until all the inj at qb forced him into the mix. Our best RB Wes Brown is now also done for the year with a shoulder injury. I think MD may be able to put up 14 or so, but with all the inj on defense its very hard to say if they can stop NC or not today. Tough game to cap imo.

Blood - Terps decimated with injuries again this week. Vellano is going to miss with ankle, Drakeford is out, Hartsfield out. Their front 7 on defense played well this year until the injuries piled up and I thought this was the strength of their team in the first 8 gms or so. With Petty at QB MD just can't throw. He was an option qb in high school recruited to play LB and was going to be red shirted this year until all the inj at qb forced him into the mix. Our best RB Wes Brown is now also done for the year with a shoulder injury. I think MD may be able to put up 14 or so, but with all the inj on defense its very hard to say if they can stop NC or not today. Tough game to cap imo.

tuff game to capp...I agree. Thanks Tim I'll let my small NC play stand

Thanks for taking time, GL Tim

2pm game small play
Texas San Antonio* +1.5 vs Texas State 110/100.....Texas-San Antonio’s 4 losses have been to established C-USA and WAC teams. Their seven wins have been against WAC teams and FCS foes. They have a good passing attack . Their Qb Soza has a 17-1 TD-INT ratio. Their offensive coordinator was on the Texas State staff from 2007 to 2010. ummmm The 3-7 SU Texas State squad didn’t play much coverage against Navy last week and the transition figures to be a toughie in a second straight road game nearing the end of their first season of FBS play. UTSA draws very nice home crowds which will help. I think this is worth a small play

Blood, how is UTSA a dog in this game? The line tells me oddsmakers believe Tex St. is a favorite on a neutral field and I think that's rediculous.

Blood, how is UTSA a dog in this game? The line tells me oddsmakers believe Tex St. is a favorite on a neutral field and I think that's rediculous.

P.unit.... I agree, if u break the #s down, slight edges to Texas St in yards and points and Vegas concurs with them being a 1’ pt road favorite. Home crow is big in these kind of games. There want be much D played so the Over may be an option as well

GL P

adding
Texas State/Texas San Antonio* Over 54 -110 110/100

Back