ESPN and DirecTV

We still have Directv. Even though every football game I watch on Saturday, and now most of the afternoon games on Sunday are streamed, I really don't want to have everything stream. If we want DVR with our local cable company it is streamed service only. So we've kept Directv just out of familiarity and function. No ESPN right now, which 2 years ago would've straight pissed me off. But there isn't hardly anything I need to watch on their networks now. I could go the entire football season and wouldn't miss it because now the games on + are all I care about - and those really are just local game broadcasts that ESPN puts on their app, it's not like they produce or staff those games (which I really like that it isn't their product). I do have an account I can log into so I can watch MNF on the app if need be. Last night it was on ABC. Everything else I need is available on + So really if Directv and ESPN never come to terms, I'm fine with that. My wife wouldn't be. But if that happens they better be lowering the bill.

DirecTv has filed lawsuit on Disney. Good for them. Disney trying to force expanded packages (more channels, more price). Disney is an evil woke entity nowadays. Like I said, DirecTV not at fault here.

at first I was able to get around this going through the app
now it wants provider. that's the kiss of death

any advice?
Ags play on ABC , which my local being BELO(or whomever bought them) is still on, but shit gets real when it's ESPN/SECn.

Have you tried any of the streaming apps through a firestick? Not sure what I am allowed to say but I pay $90 a year and get every( every ) channel. Just need a good wifi connection.

at first I was able to get around this going through the app
now it wants provider. that's the kiss of death

any advice?
Ags play on ABC , which my local being BELO(or whomever bought them) is still on, but shit gets real when it's ESPN/SECn.

Do you have any kids with a TV provider you can use? Brother, sister, anyone that would let you use their TV package as a way to log in through the ESPN app? I use one from out family on my ESPN app, it's for a provider in a different state than I am in, but I have the log in and it works fine. Something like this should work for you, just have to find the person you can borrow that log in from.

Hey fellas I know we're trying to help each other and as a dtv customer I'm just as pissed as you are but we can't link or name streaming sites, specifically illegal ones here due to legalities. Thanks.

As a college football fan and bettor, especially live, I paid for Hulu TV for the month. It's been great but it's definitely no dtv. Get ESPN+ with it. I figure I'll only have to pay for the month or two months at max. Worth it to me.

As a college football fan and bettor, especially live, I paid for Hulu TV for the month. It's been great but it's definitely no dtv. Get ESPN+ with it. I figure I'll only have to pay fothe month or two months at max. Worth it to me.
hulu came with the disney+ sub and so did espn+, but I still couldn't get the broadcast once every app wanted my provider. even tried to lie, but still required a login to those provider.
Possible I don't remember how I got around it before.
The devil in this can of soup is, that it is not DTV, It's ATT. AT&T is definitely the devil incarnate.
I have At&T on 3 accounts, just give me someone to talk to and then that person will reconsider their life choices.

hulu came with the disney+ sub and so did espn+, but I still couldn't get the broadcast once every app wanted my provider. even tried to lie, but still required a login to those provider.
Possible I don't remember how I got around it before.
The devil in this can of soup is, that it is not DTV, It's ATT. AT&T is definitely the devil incarnate.
I have At&T on 3 accounts, just give me someone to talk to and then that person will reconsider their life choices.

You have to add Hulu TV to that package. I think it's 65 bucks or some shit. They all are devils man.

In a move that will bring relief to millions of subscribers, DIRECTV and The Walt Disney Company have reached an agreement in principle that restores Disney’s full suite of channels to DIRECTV, DIRECTV STREAM, and U-verse platforms. This resolution comes just in time for major sporting events and the Emmy Awards this weekend.

The new multi-year contract is set to redefine how viewers access and experience content. It features:

• Continued Access to Disney’s Linear Channels: Viewers will continue to enjoy Disney’s entertainment, sports, and news channels, including ABC Owned Television Stations, ESPN networks, Disney-branded channels, Freeform, FX networks, and National Geographic.
  • Genre-Specific Bundles: Customers will have the opportunity to choose from curated packages focused on sports, entertainment, or kids & family content, incorporating both linear channels and streaming services like Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.
  • Integration of Streaming Services: Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming platforms will be available as part of select DIRECTV packages or on an a la carte basis, providing greater flexibility for subscribers.
  • Access to ESPN’s Upcoming Streaming Service: When ESPN launches its flagship direct-to-consumer service, DIRECTV customers will have access at no additional cost.

In a move that will bring relief to millions of subscribers, DIRECTV and The Walt Disney Company have reached an agreement in principle that restores Disney’s full suite of channels to DIRECTV, DIRECTV STREAM, and U-verse platforms. This resolution comes just in time for major sporting events and the Emmy Awards this weekend.

The new multi-year contract is set to redefine how viewers access and experience content. It features:

• Continued Access to Disney’s Linear Channels: Viewers will continue to enjoy Disney’s entertainment, sports, and news channels, including ABC Owned Television Stations, ESPN networks, Disney-branded channels, Freeform, FX networks, and National Geographic.
  • Genre-Specific Bundles: Customers will have the opportunity to choose from curated packages focused on sports, entertainment, or kids & family content, incorporating both linear channels and streaming services like Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.
  • Integration of Streaming Services: Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming platforms will be available as part of select DIRECTV packages or on an a la carte basis, providing greater flexibility for subscribers.
  • Access to ESPN’s Upcoming Streaming Service: When ESPN launches its flagship direct-to-consumer service, DIRECTV customers will have access at no additional cost.
the emmy's must have tipped the scale
I might have to have a watch party

ESPN is joining the streaming game? Fuuuuck, too many of them. It's killing the wallet.

Yeah...

In the next couple of weeks I'm sitting down and figuring out what to do with all of this.

That's unless DTV gives me a better offer.

Retention department time!

I can't cut the cord yet. One, because cable/satellite is faster, and two no ballys for Detroit sports. Probably would switch if got ballys though tbh.

Back