Saratoga Race Course Week #2 Discussion.....

#6 The Big Beast really does live up to his name, outside post helps here if he can find a clear path very dangerous

My boy kent, I have a picture of me in winner circle of mile stone win with kent at spa, won big on him when he was kid and nobody really knew bout him, huge scores on him when I was so young, 1st time cup was at Gulfstream

Tommy Macho didn't run well but maybe bc of trip or simply didn't like track but Texas Red was sharp in victory, makes Speighster look even better, but bottom line Dwyer has to be viewed as live race

I tried to buy into fading Rosario and failed. Pretty impressed with him last couple days

Post for the 1st at Monmouth Park is 11:30
Will be interesting to see if the track continues to favor speed as it did yesterday.
Last year on Haskell day the track was lightning fast.

Sorry late to post this but played the early Pick 5 at Monmouth, got the even money favorite home in Race 1

1,2/3,9/3,7/4/1,7,9

Post for the 1st at Monmouth Park is 11:30
Will be interesting to see if the track continues to favor speed as it did yesterday.
Last year on Haskell day the track was lightning fast.

Speed and the inside bias for yesterday for sure, hard to tell off the opener if that is the case today, 1 was supposed to win wire to wire

That's a machine not a horse, holy shit

Competitive Edge should cut back and run in Kings Bishop, still won't beat Speighster

[h=2]Dwyer winner Speightster out for rest of the year[/h]SPEIGHTSTER, the undefeated 3-year-old who beat TEXAS RED in the Grade 3 Dwyer Stakes at Belmont Park on July 4, will be sidelined the remainder of his 3-year-old season after having a chip removed from his right front ankle, Elliot Walden, president and CEO of WinStar Farm said Sunday.
Speightster, trained by Bill Mott for WinStar, was being pointed to the Grade 1 King’s Bishop here on Aug. 29.
Walden said that Speightster would return next year with the Grade 1 Metropolitan Handicap at Belmont Park as the mid-year objective.
“It’s unfortunate,” Walden said. “But sometimes your bad luck is your good luck.”
Speightster, a son of Speightstown, won his first three races by a combined 13 lengths. He won his debut at Keeneland by seven on April 17 and then took a first-level allowance race by 3 1-2 lengths at Belmont on June 5.
He stepped up into graded company in the Dwyer, a race he won on the front end by 2 1-2 lengths over Texas Red, who came back to win Saturday’s Grade 2 Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga. SMART TRANSITION, fourth in the Dwyer, came back to win Friday’s Curlin Stakes at Saratoga.

Makes for a better betting race at least, but that sucks, hate seeing the stars out...problem with today's game....so hard to keep them going.

Back