Rose or Beasley

Rose or Beasley

• Rose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beasley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Brewer I seriously hate you. 1.7 fuckin percent chance and you guys land that. I think you take DRose the bets player available hands down and a legit all star PG for the next 10 years. Hometown kid helps a bit to I suppose. Atleast you dont have to be a bandwagon jumper next year NBA season, since now the Bulls are going to make it to atleast the 2nd round with all the talent they have. Im sure they will get Avery and that doesnt hurt at all.

I had nothing to do with this. Well maybe i did b/c i contribute to the ratings of our market. lol. Maybe if you, fondy and your buds watched more bucks games, went to more games, bought more merchandise you would have got the #1 pick. ;)

As far as Rose being a All-Star i really hope so. I'd wanted a real pg for years now. Gets real old watching Heinrich jog it up the floor and circle around underneath the basket two times than pass it to someone with 3 left on the shot clock.

I'm not ready to be proclaiming us as a 2nd round playoff team. Right now we still dont have a coach, an identity, a floor leader, and there are too many log jams at every position. We need to identify that thabo/deng/gooden/noah are the 4 key players to our success and be able to part ways with any of the rest to get to the next level. We still need a veteran go to go in my opinion down low (as that wins rings, see rasheed/detroit, pau/lakers, timmy/spurs and kg/boston).

Drew Gooden is a top 70 or so player but he's not in the same tier as those 4. Until we get a legit force at PF/C im not preparing to buy ECF tickets.

We been winning around anywhere from 40-49 games these last couple years outside this year so i think its reasonable to think we get back to their with the cap room (35 mil) and this #1 pick.

And you can't tell me you wouldnt be throwing things/angry/yelling/and screaming if you went from 49 wins last year, playing detroit to 6, and suppose to take the next leap to ECF this year but instead you win 31 or whatever sad number we did.

If the team sucks, im not gonna be all happy as if we was decent/good. Especially, since it looked like we didnt try in ever other game and took 4th q's for granted.

Gonna be a interesting summer now.

Memphis is the modern day Duke. I take Beasley. I dont know when the last time either of these programs or coaches provided an all-star caliber player. Grant Hill is probably the only one.

Memphis is the modern day Duke. I take Beasley. I dont know when the last time either of these programs or coaches provided an all-star caliber player. Grant Hill is probably the only one.

Um, I'll take Battier and Brand glady on my team any day of the week.

Not to many were good enough to come out as Freshman..Totally different

t1_augustin.jpg
<<--- better than CP3 was in college. I see the same type of game in DJ but he has a better shot than cp3

t1_augustin.jpg
<<--- better than CP3 was in college. I see the same type of game in DJ but he has a better shot than cp3

:36_11_6: You trippin. CP3 in college, didn't even begin to prelude to what he is now. He's one of those few guys that dominates more in the association than in college.

almost sure gordon, noch and duhon are all gone.

Duhon is definitely gone. I'd put the other two guys as a wait and see. Gordon believes hes's worth more than $10 million a season, and the Bulls aren't willing to pay more than that (who know if they are willing to go that high this off-season for him). If Gordon believes he'll get more than that on the open market, he may just sign the 1 year deal and become an unrestricted free agent after next season...but I wouldn't rule out a sign and trade.

Nocioni is definitely a consideration in any blockbuster deal as a 2nd or 3rd piece to it.

Neither do bulls fans....

:36_11_6:

Very true.

They have a lot of pieces, but no star, and so it's really just a lot of interchangable pieces.

I expect Noah to start at center, and Luol Deng at SF. If Hinrich is still here, he'll be a starter, and I think if Gordon is here, he'll be in the 6th man role.

there's something I don't get. when the bulls didn't get the 9th pick and we knew they moved up, how did the announcer know they were top 3? why couldnt they have been 4-8?

I don't know the math behind it, but if the Bulls weren't picking 9th, that meant they were going to have a Top 3 pick.

If we take Beasley then basically havent we given up on Tyrus? He'd be the 3rd PF then.

Correct. I don't know where they'd find playing time for him. I'd rather give Thomas one more season playing with a real point guard to see if that gives him a bump in performance. I'd rather risk being wrong on Thomas than trading him too soon (whle his value is low as well).

im under the assumption Tyrus/Noah are splitting time at C with Gray... if you seriously keep on playing him. and both Tyrus/Noah can play some PF with Gooden and Beasley can play some 3/4 and Deng can play some 2 because Hughes? lol i dont know your the bulls fan

Noah will start at center, and they will find some playing time for Gray, depending on matchups. Gray is too slow to play against some teams though.

As of right now, Gooden is the starter at PF, and Thomas is his backup, but they will occasionally play Thomas at SF.

I was not sure what the vote was asking for, brew. Did you want who the Bulls should draft or who is the best of the two?

I assumed you were asking on behalf of the Bulls, so I voted Rose.

Deng is one of 4 players i want around (Deng, Thabo, Noah, Gooden).

I havent really been keeping up on contract talks but i dont see how we let him go. He's our 2nd best player imo behind Gooden.

Rose
Thabo
Deng
Gooden
Noah

Tyrus has shown great flashes when he's been given extended minutes on the floor last year. Problem was he didnt get extended minutes often b/c of the dumb things he does too damn often/boylan being looney. Thats what kept me from putting him on that last of keepers i want as a "/Tyrus" behind Gooden at PF.

Build from that starting lineup would be my GMing. Then we take what we have with the remaining 35 mil or so of cap space after signing deng and rose and figure out who stays, who we get in FA, sign and trade, or trade.

What we do in that last sentence as well as picking a head coach will determine our next season.

I'd hope we go get people and make a sign of life this summer. As i see no way we can go into next year with all these log jams at every position with these bench/role players. Doesn't work for chemistry.

... Has to call a timeout because Derrick Rose has brought the entire crowd at the United Center to their feet.

Smart group here. Rose is the only way to go.

Wanted to give you the big congrats as well brewer....good for your club

Thank you. Cant wait to get his jersey. Think imma go with a red one. Gonna be hard to get it signed tho.

brew, what do you want to do with Hughes? Most likely he isn't being traded. You want coming off the bench? That ain't gonna sit well with him and that will cause trouble. Hughes most likely will be the opening day SG.

Beasley. Always take the best player at number 1.

If for some reason they dont want him then they should select Herman Harried out of syracuse.

Im hoping for a Larry Hughes revival if he can't be moved.

But that doesn't include him in the starting lineup? I highly doubt the next coach of the Bulls brings Hughes AND Gordon off the bench if both are still on the team.

TWO: TRADE w/ Portland
TRADE: captain KIRK w/ 2 future second round picks and filler (simmons maybe)
RECEIVE: RAEF Lafrentz + 13pick and rights to the spanish dude who hasnt played in the league yet, a known slaher (forgot the name)
WHY for us: Rose getting picked, common sense hinrich is gone, Raef is a shorter contract and the 13pick for whoever is left on board, the spanish guy is a random development player playing overseas
WHY FOR PORTLAND: portland CANNOT win w/ jack and/or blake at helm that's for sure, they may do the trade if no quality pg's fall for them at the 13, westbrook and augustin could be gone at the 13th, mcmillan maybe can get to hinrich

Are you smoking crack man?

Raef Lafrentz, outside of Roy/Oden/Aldridge, is our most coveted piece right now. With Outlaw a close 4th. His contract coming off the books after the 08-09 season, is going to free up our salary to hopefully make a big splash in the free agency. Only way we trade him this year, is if he get a great player in return.

Kirk Hinrich, is not a great player, and is just a slight upgrade from a much cheaper Steve Blake. Who wants a 28 year old, with back spasm problems. TMac without the upsides? No thanks. We need a point guard, not Hinrich. Pritchard is smarter than that.

Plus our 13th pick? I wouldn't trade our 13th pick for Hinrich.

That foreigner you speak of is Rudy Fernandez, who is probably the best international prospect right now, outside of Ricky Rubio. He's the 2nd coming of Manu Ginobili. If he was in this year draft, he'd probably be a top 6 pick. He's our biggest hope for next year, and it's still up in the air (leaning towards not likely) whether or not he'll be coming over this year. He's dominating the euroleague right now.

And all that, for an on the decline mediocre Hinrich? Come on now.. Gotta remove the homershades when thinking of trades.

I'll give you James Jones for Deng. Get back to me.

But that doesn't include him in the starting lineup? I highly doubt the next coach of the Bulls brings Hughes AND Gordon off the bench if both are still on the team.

Hughes is gonna be starting at SG if he's on this roster next year and thabo will be coming off the bench.

And no way does keeping Thabo, Hughes and Gordon make any sense at all. I like Hughes better than Gordon i think ...

A source told the Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, citing familiar dealings with the teams, that the Bulls plan to draft Beasley while the Miami Heat will take Derrick Rose.

"No. 1 and No. 2 are booked and done," the Sun-Sentinel's source said.

Also noted that Gooden or Thomas are likely the odd man out if this is the route Paxson takes.

I seen that. What is the Sun-Sentinel? If that's anything like the Chicago Sun-Times then this is garbage. If Paxson is making this decision without seeing them in workouts im seriously done with this team and back to being an Oklahoma City Supersonics fan.

I have too many questions out on Beasley at the moment that i need answered this summer. If his workouts are crazy then imma have to rethink. But right now ...

How Pax can say we picking Beasley i have no idea, especially with his history of picking in lottery.

Paxson will take his time on Bulls pick
By K.C. Johnson
Tribune reporter

May 22, 2008, 12:02 AM CDT

The debate already is so engaged.

One almost expected NBA Commissioner David Stern to emerge Wednesday from the Berto Center and, in that voice so familiar to draft aficionados, announce the Bulls had drafted Memphis point guard Derrick Rose with the first overall pick in the NBA draft.

Instead, Bulls general manager John Paxson stepped into the sunshine and, in lieu of a needed "chill out," reminded all the draft doesn't take place until June 26.

"I know people want immediate answers," Paxson said. "That game is for everybody on the outside looking in. That's not our game. Our game is going through the process thoroughly, evaluating it the proper way, and that's what we're going to do."

Nevertheless, the game has begun—in earnest. The Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, citing a source "familiar with the dealings," reported in its Thursday editions that the Bulls already have conveyed a plan to draft Kansas State power forward Michael Beasley.

"No. 1 and No. 2 are booked and done," the Sun-Sentinel's source said.

Speaking earlier Wednesday at a news conference, Paxson insisted the Bulls' draft process has merely begun.

"When we get the opportunity after [next week's] predraft camp [in Orlando], we need to get to know these two kids the best we can and formulate our thoughts and evaluations based on that," Paxson said. "A lot of our work will be done prior to us seeing them. There's no doubt the character of people and work ethic and commitment to winning are important. Those are things you can gather information on."

Tuesday's stunning turn of events, in which the Bulls parlayed a 1.7 percent chance to vault from ninth to first, did narrow Paxson's focus and his staff's. For the next five weeks, it's all Rose and Beasley, all the time.

Either player, both of whom Paxson has seen play personally, would address a major need for the Bulls. They long have sought a scoring big man and true floor leader.

"I know we're loaded in the backcourt, but true point guards like Rose … I can make the argument that position is the most difficult position to fill consistently," Paxson said. "And Beasley is just a true scorer who does it so easily. They're two sides of the spectrum. We'll be able to look at which way to go."

That view, of course, will include trade scenarios. Paxson will be a popular man at next week's predraft camp, which every team's general manager attends.

"If people have ideas, I'm sure they'll share them," Paxson said. "In this position, it has to be pretty darn good to consider."

Even if the Bulls make the pick, trades would come into play because Beasley would create a logjam with Drew Gooden and Tyrus Thomas and Rose would flood a backcourt that's already crowded.

Ben Gordon is a restricted free agent this summer.

"It's looking around the league and seeing that maybe there's a way to address one of our needs through a trade and then addressing the other through this pick," Paxson said. "That's part of the next five weeks."

So is hiring a coach, with Jazz assistant Tyrone Corbin, Kings assistant Chuck Person, former Timberwolves coach Dwane Casey and former player Jeff Hornacek interviewing this week.

Paxson will interview other candidates next week in Orlando as well.

"Being patient right now, I have nothing to lose," Paxson said. "I want to listen to philosophies. All the guys I have coming in, I've told them I want to know what you're about basketball-wise, how you're going to teach, how you're going to connect and communicate with players. I'm not in a hurry. When I know it's right, it's going to be right."

Paxson insisted the No. 1 pick and coaching search are mutually exclusive.

"Ultimately, I'm going to make the call on [the pick] with a lot of input from my staff," Paxson said. "I know it was a no-brainer last year for Seattle picking [Kevin Durant] with the second pick, but they didn't hire P.J. [Carlesimo] until July 3.

"In a perfect world, I'd love to have a coach in place right now and a staff. But I don't think it affects anything we're going to do over the next month."

Hughes is gonna be starting at SG if he's on this roster next year and thabo will be coming off the bench.

And no way does keeping Thabo, Hughes and Gordon make any sense at all. I like Hughes better than Gordon i think ...

I mean, Gordon is the odd man out. Thabo is the future and what this team loves. I'd be surprised if he is gone. Hughes is hard to move also.

I mean, Gordon is the odd man out. Thabo is the future and what this team loves. I'd be surprised if he is gone. Hughes is hard to move also.

the bulls need to bring in a coach that is going to develop these young guys like thabo and tyrus. they also need a need a new offense because last year they were a mess. they need to do that before you can find out how they are going to fit the young guys into the mix.

they need to make some moves to get a center or 2. joakim noah and aaron gray is not going to cut it.

Deng needs to step it up. same with kirk, or else its time to ship his ass out. joakim is alright I guess, even though I can't stand him, but he is not who you want starting at center. I like nocioni, but again, just off the bench. tyrus/thabo are the 2 guys I actually LIKE, but they need work. gooden is a piece of trash, but he's a pretty decent player, would like it more if he was off the bench. duhon, eh. don't like hughes.

almost forgot air gordon. i don't like him at all. his rookie year was GREAT, next year good too, but this last year I couldn't stand him. seems like he is too cocky now, and he isn't clutch anymore. under pressure the man can not dribble the fucking ball. idk if he was shaving points or throwing games, but the dude has problems. learn to pass the damn ball.

the organization needs to start making better decisions. after all the talent they had and eventually traded, they still managed to build a nice team 2 years ago. they had a bunch of nice pieces and were in a great position to trade. they had way too many just "good" players so they should have made some trades, but they didn't and now they are in a bind. they have a lot less talent now and they are gonna be stuck. we'll see what happens, I hope they can turn it around

If you do take Rose, here's a tip for Bulls management: He should under no situation be ever allowed to ride a motorcycle.

Are you smoking crack man?

Raef Lafrentz, outside of Roy/Oden/Aldridge, is our most coveted piece right now. With Outlaw a close 4th. His contract coming off the books after the 08-09 season, is going to free up our salary to hopefully make a big splash in the free agency. Only way we trade him this year, is if he get a great player in return.

Kirk Hinrich, is not a great player, and is just a slight upgrade from a much cheaper Steve Blake. Who wants a 28 year old, with back spasm problems. TMac without the upsides? No thanks. We need a point guard, not Hinrich. Pritchard is smarter than that.

Plus our 13th pick? I wouldn't trade our 13th pick for Hinrich.

That foreigner you speak of is Rudy Fernandez, who is probably the best international prospect right now, outside of Ricky Rubio. He's the 2nd coming of Manu Ginobili. If he was in this year draft, he'd probably be a top 6 pick. He's our biggest hope for next year, and it's still up in the air (leaning towards not likely) whether or not he'll be coming over this year. He's dominating the euroleague right now.

And all that, for an on the decline mediocre Hinrich? Come on now.. Gotta remove the homershades when thinking of trades.

I'll give you James Jones for Deng. Get back to me.

lifesallover, my bad man, i didnt see it that way, my simple plan to fix the bulls was supposed to be:

one-pick rose
two-trade kirk (cause he cant play here if we have rose, his minutes at the two are gone since skiles n boylan are gone)
three- dump hughes

step two was complicated, my initial idea was supposed to be kirk for the 13th, but of course it cant happen because of contract issues, i browsed through your roster and saw raef big ass contract to match kirk, what i didnt see was it was expiring early (my bad again), i thought raef has a big fat and long contract and is old that just didnt fit your young core.... w/ regards to rudy, i didnt know he was a stud, coz i thought he was just a development player in europe, makes me think if he is a stud, why isnt he in the big league yet

my proposed trade was supposed to be

BULLs: KIRK+second rounders+fillers
BLAZERS: 13th + (big bad long contract) + (developement players)

**it wasnt supposed to be biased on our side
*we take the 13th but get a long bad contract to compensate for the 13th (didnt know raef was expiring)
*didnt know fernandez was a stud
(again apologies)

w/ regards to kirk.. i mentioned in the previous post that you trade for him IF (a big IF) westbrook and augustin doesnt fall, if you dont like him its okay.... kirk is an upgrade at point i think.. w/ him sucking n declining, i dont know, that's a lil bit unfair to judge right now, maybe he sucks maybe, but he played under stupid cartwright, hard nosed skiles and over egoed boylan, he just needs a player's coach, a coach that is willing to coach n teach him, can he develop into something? he did well under a good coach in kansas, a lil good times w/ skiles, just a lil

not here to tear up man, peace :shake:

by the way, i dont know if this is anything but dwight jaynes of the portland tribune is also thinking trade of the 13th for kirk or calderon, if you dont want kirk, any interest for calderon for the 13th?

link: http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=121147924569443400

Last edited:
This article by mike mcgraw is interesting or a lil worse? perhaps

A look at Bulls' draft possibilitites

Perhaps one of the other 29 NBA teams will decide which player the Bulls choose with the first pick of the NBA draft.

General manager John Paxson suggested on Wednesday that trade opportunities for the team's existing players could help determine whether the Bulls ultimately favor Memphis point guard Derrick Rose or Kansas State power forward Michael Beasley on June 26.

Both draft candidates would fill a glaring need for the Bulls, either a dynamic point guard or an interior scorer.

"That's all part of the process," Paxson said. "That's evaluating and looking around the league and seeing if maybe there's a way to address one of those needs through a trade and addressing the other one through the draft."

With Paxson's words in mind, here's a look at how the Bulls might be able to remodel their roster to fit with whichever player becomes the No. 1 pick, beginning with Rose.

Crowded house

The upside to drafting Rose is the Bulls would get a talented floor leader who is taller than Chris Paul and more athletic than Deron Williams.

The downside is another piece would be added to an already overcrowded backcourt. When last season ended, it was clear the Bulls needed to subtract a guard, because sharing minutes between Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes and Thabo Sefolosha didn't work well for anyone. None of the four played particularly well after the Feb. 21 trade brought Hughes from Cleveland.

The Bulls probably won't want to part with Sefolosha's potential, so that leaves the other three. Gordon is a restricted free agent who would have to agree to any trade, as well as salary terms with the new team. Also, losing their best outside shooter while the league moves to a higher-scoring style is a questionable strategy for the Bulls.

Large contracts for Hinrich (four years, $36.5 million) and Hughes (two years, $26.5 million) could discourage potential suitors. Chris Duhon is an unrestricted free agent who most likely won't return, though it isn't out of the question.

"I do know we've got young players that do have some value in the league as I've talked to people in the past," Paxson said. "We'll see where it goes."

Thinking big

If the Bulls are thinking blockbuster, a good place to start would be Denver's Carmelo Anthony, the league's fourth-leading scorer at 25.7 points.

Anthony's agent, Calvin Andrews, told both Denver papers Wednesday that his client is not being shopped. But the Nuggets need some sort of makeover. Despite the league's third-highest payroll, Denver barely made the postseason and is 4-20 in playoff games since Anthony arrived in 2003.

Maybe acquiring Hinrich and Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade would help the Nuggets establish some semblance of a defensive identity. Another player such as center Stephen Hunter would have to go to the Bulls to make the salaries add up.

Anthony would be an interesting addition for the Bulls because he's a top-notch scorer who gets to the foul line and can play inside.
If that doesn't work, what about Hinrich and Drew Gooden to the Clippers for Elton Brand? The Clippers could lose Brand next year in free agency, so they might want something now in return. The bad news is the former Bulls' No. 1 pick played just eight games last season because of a torn Achilles.

Another power forward who may be available is Charlotte's Emeka Okafor, a restricted free agent. The Bobcats don't have a great need for more guards, however. Hinrich could conceivably go to Seattle for his college roommate, Nick Collison, plus project center Johan Petro.

Three directions

There figures to be less interest in Hughes, since he hasn't played particularly well after leaving Washington in 2005. But here's an idea that should work, if the Bulls need to thin the backcourt: Hughes to New York for Malik Rose and Jared Jeffries.

The money left on the contracts involved is virtually even, but the deal works for the Knicks because it moves them one step closer to having cap room in 2010. Hughes' deal expires in 2010, while Jeffries' runs to 2011. Rose has one year left.

There should be a decent number of teams with a desire to add Gordon or Hinrich. Philadelphia, Orlando, Portland, Phoenix and Sacramento are among those that could use either better outside shooting, younger legs or better point guard options.

The problem is finding players the Bulls could use in return. The Sixers and Blazers would most likely offer spare parts, while the Magic, Suns and Kings don't have many movable assets beyond their main players.

• Coming Saturday: Rebuilding the Bulls around Michael Beasley.

<!--
story_email_btn2.gif

-->

anyone seriously know anything about the south florida sun-sentinel? come on pax?
mapped out plan on getting beaseley? trading tyrus and gooden? oh geez, told you guys pax always finds a way to mess things up

if happens, after a few years, atlanta's management will send pax a note, which states: "i told you so"

Calderone or Ford will get moved before the season starts. I doubt anything gets done before the draft, although the rumours are that BC is looking to move into the lottery (wouldnt surprise me if he's targetting Danilo).

Cant see POrtland willing to part with all that for Hinrich. Would love to see Deng in up North, but that aint happening.

Calderone or Ford will get moved before the season starts. I doubt anything gets done before the draft, although the rumours are that BC is looking to move into the lottery (wouldnt surprise me if he's targetting Danilo).

Cant see POrtland willing to part with all that for Hinrich. Would love to see Deng in up North, but that aint happening.

consensus says it will be ford, right? I wouldn't mind having calderon, but ford is a liability and a baby

consensus says it will be ford, right? I wouldn't mind having calderon, but ford is a liability and a baby

I prefer Ford actually on the Raptors. Ford isnt anymore a liability than Calderone is. Ford is a health risk, but I think its been always been blown outta proportion. I would love for Calderone to get traded to ATL for one of their young wings, but not Childress.

w/ regards to rudy, i didnt know he was a stud, coz i thought he was just a development player in europe, makes me think if he is a stud, why isnt he in the big league yet

by the way, i dont know if this is anything but dwight jaynes of the portland tribune is also thinking trade of the 13th for kirk or calderon, if you dont want kirk, any interest for calderon for the 13th?

link: http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=121147924569443400

There is a couple reasons Rudy hasn't come over yet, and may not next year. He's under contract right now, and would have to be bought out. And in the short term, he can make a lot more money playing over there, because of the structured rookie contract he'd have to adhere to if he came over. I don't know the exact numbers, but I think it's about a third of the pay. Over there he's a big star, and like any young ego, he's soaking it up.

Also, him and Sergio Rodriguez, one of 16 point gaurds, are very good friends. Which before this past season, would've only been a plus. But due to Sergios inability to play good fundamental basketball, inability to knock down an open jumper, play defense, or controlled offense, left him getting very irratic minutes. Rudy has noted that he thinks it's unfair, and doesn't want to come over here and have the same thing happen to himself.

Of course, if he could remove himself from the situation, he'd realize he's a better player than Sergio, and he wouldn't have the same treatment in regards to playing time, simply because he's a better player and would earn those minutes. But thats where both sides are at right now. But Kevin Pritchard and Paul Allen have made pursuing him the teams top goal this offseason, and both have gone over seas to visit him in the past couple months.

-----------

As far as the 13th pick for either Hinrich or Calderon. I would love to have Calderon, who I would say is one of the five most underrated players in the game today. And IMO, blows Hinrich out of the water. He's got a great jumper, and facilitates the offense very well, without having to take over. His defense lacks, but his ability to get Roy/Aldridge/Oden/Outlaw/Webster involved, would greatly enhance our team. But I think Toronto is going to want a lot for him, and I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up Travis Outlaw for him. Although getting Calderon, may help in persuading Rudy Fernandez to come over.

-----------------

I've also heard a rumor that the Bulls and Blazers have talked about trading Lamarcus Aldridge for the Bulls #1. But the Blazers have denied any interest in the deal. But that's also mean Paxson swallowing his pride, and admitting after only two short seasons he screwed up in trading Aldridge for Thomas. And most men couldn't stomach that.

As far as the 13th pick for either Hinrich or Calderon. I would love to have Calderon, who I would say is one of the five most underrated players in the game today. And IMO, blows Hinrich out of the water. He's got a great jumper, and facilitates the offense very well, without having to take over. His defense lacks, but his ability to get Roy/Aldridge/Oden/Outlaw/Webster involved, would greatly enhance our team. But I think Toronto is going to want a lot for him, and I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up Travis Outlaw for him. Although getting Calderon, may help in persuading Rudy Fernandez to come over.

BC turned down a draft day deal with ATL for Childress and the 11. Caldy was a borderline NBA starter then. He improved exponentially this year. Its a no brainer that he would be an ideal fit in Portland. He doesnt need the ball in his hands most of the team, he can shoot the ball, lead a team and he is still relatively young. He would be deadly operating in Portland with the return of Oden.

No point in the Raptors trading up to 13 from 17 in this deep draft. So I dont really see anything could change BC's mind otherwise.

Back