Rose or Beasley

Rose or Beasley

• Rose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beasley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
you would, my friend is a bulls fan (he lived in chicago for the majority of his life) and he's being a giddy little girl

oh i forgot about him. i was thinking Noah/Tyrus lol

Well...

Kirk
????
Deng
Gooden
Noah/Tyrus?

i dont even know who starts for you. Thabo/Nocioni/Gordon but Gordon is gone basically right?

all I know is Kirk killed my fantasy team and i blame brewer

You think i would endorse you picking kirk heinrich in a fantasy league? lol.

I been saying he's overpaid/overrated going on 3 seasons now. (If only Jay Williams hadn't torn up his knee on a bike).

there's something I don't get. when the bulls didn't get the 9th pick and we knew they moved up, how did the announcer know they were top 3? why couldnt they have been 4-8?

i actually ended up tied for 1st some how in my league despite the fact I had D.Wade in the 3rd/Josh Howard 4th/Kirk 5th lol.

I thought he'd produce alright enough for a 5th round pick @ pg, but definitely no. I luckily picked up Calderon and he saved my ass

I dont like Beasley as much as Rose at the moment because i remember the white kid with the shaved head from wisconsin (Stemsma?) outplaying him in their tourney game. Beasley couldn't handle him (his size). I'm also not sure if Beasley can handle NBA speed at the 3 spot.

Need to see more of him this summer and read but right now i'd say go Rose and hire the Jazz Assistant Coach and lets run.

No idea where that would leave Kirk tho. Surley can't pay him 11 mil a year to play 12 or so minutes.

there's something I don't get. when the bulls didn't get the 9th pick and we knew they moved up, how did the announcer know they were top 3? why couldnt they have been 4-8?

1-3 is determined by the lottery balls (though I'm a believer its how good of an NBA market you have). Outside of that everything else goes according to worse record. Hence, the announcer knowing since chicago wasn't at 9 they were in top 3!

im going to vote rose. i don't know what to do w/ kirk but i dont have any faith in the dork anymore.

so did new orleans last night........
:(

(sorry renew)

David West was the difference. he obviously wasn't 100% so didnt rebound and missed all those damned shots he would usually make.

And for a bunch of HS kids we almost came back from 15 down at the end of the 3rd, lol.

Memphis/Texas... Texas was outright FLATTENED

1-3 is determined by the lottery balls (though I'm a believer its how good of an NBA market you have). Outside of that everything else goes according to worse record. Hence, the announcer knowing since chicago wasn't at 9 they were in top 3!

hmm, never knew that, and apparently none of my friends did either. not sure I like that. so either you pick where you are supposed to, or you are in the top 3, unless another team bumps you up/down

If we take Beasley then basically havent we given up on Tyrus? He'd be the 3rd PF then.

David West was the difference. he obviously wasn't 100% so didnt rebound and missed all those damned shots he would usually make.

And for a bunch of HS kids we almost came back from 15 down at the end of the 3rd, lol.

Memphis/Texas... Texas was outright FLATTENED

it was caveat emptor when it was 83-80.....and NO had that open look from 3 in the corner and couldnt hit it.

i think it was pargo takin the shot

it was over after that =(.
wish NO could have played that well all game like they did in the last 6 minutes....was rootin for em as well.

now were stuck with spurs/fakers :seeya::seeya::seeya:

it was caveat emptor when it was 83-80.....and NO had that open look from 3 in the corner and couldnt hit it.

i think it was pargo takin the shot

it was over after that =(.
wish NO could have played that well all game like they did in the last 6 minutes....was rootin for em as well.

now were stuck with spurs/fakers :seeya::seeya::seeya:

really in the 3rd we shouldve made a run... it was dumb and frustrating for the same reason in the 4th but we kept taking 3's when we didnt need to.

3rd quarter we were in the bonus with like 4:45 left down 8 I believe, timmy had just left with 4 fouls, then we pulled Tyson because of that, which I completely disagree with. Then we kept jacking up 3's or trying to find the 3 instead of trying to get fouled inside. that was the most frustrating thing to watch... VERY questionable.

and I never saw a replay but I thought that Tyson block in the 4th was clean, we were only down 3 too i think. but need a replay to really know but that call killed me

im under the assumption Tyrus/Noah are splitting time at C with Gray... if you seriously keep on playing him. and both Tyrus/Noah can play some PF with Gooden and Beasley can play some 3/4 and Deng can play some 2 because Hughes? lol i dont know your the bulls fan

that fucking block was DEAD clean, that was horseshit. and yeah you guys were only down 3 at that point

NO had all the momentum too, the crowd was roaring, could have lead to a transition bucket too......... argh

i was on my feet at that point too rootin for em.

timmie got the call, because hes timmie. it was 150% clean

I want Rose because a true point guard can help this team in a lot of ways. Rose is a dynamic player, not to say Beasley isn't, but in a different way. Also, this team needs to get rid of Hinrich. He has jumped the shark with them and doesn't really help them. No matter who they pick, work needs to be done because of the logjams at every position. If they get Beasley, something big will need to happen to affect Gooden, Thomas, Noah, Gray, etc. Drafting Rose just makes it a given for Hinrich to go somewhere else.

If you are the Bulls, I dont think you can take Beasley here.

In the last year or 2 youve taken Noah and Tyrus....can you take another PF here?

if i'm in their shoes, i'm taking ROSE, no ifs ands or buts about it

don't care

if they take beasley, then they won't get much for gooden when they try to get rid of his expiring contract cuz he wouldn't be worth much

if they take rose, keep gooden for a while, see what he's worth

but i do know this

rose is going to make this entire team better, sure, beasley will get 20 and 10 a night, but that doesn't help out the others; put rose on that court and gordon gets open shots, gooden improves greatly, deng knocks down open jumpers, etc...

rose is stronger and quicker than chris paul = fact.

from a bullsfan's perspective:

the needs (the debate)

POST PRESENCE
Over the past few years, there are lots of talks that the bulls REALLY NEED A POST PRESENCE. Experts are saying that bulls cant win w/o a good post presence. It's infact true, maybe one of the reasons we loss a lot because we take jumpshots the whole game and get no easy baskets, especially when we need them in the end game. Rumors on Gasol was blown off and didnt work because one, JR didnt want to go over the cap and pay (that cheap bastard) and two at the time we had the pieces PJ's fat expiring contract and noch and picks, the griz owners and heads were also not willing to part w/ gasol, all just a case of bad timing,
Beasly COULD (not is, but could) be the answer to the post presence we needed all this time, can score at will and can rebound as well, hope if we pick him he turns into brand not randolph

POINT GUARD
This team really needs leadership at the point, captain kirk and du, I just really hate what they are doing. They run around and dribble off the clock and w/ 6 sec on the shot clock they call a pick and take a 19footer, geez. (hard to blame them though, w/ no post presence a jumpshot will definitely be taken). Rose would be an answer w/ lack of leadership, can create, get to the rim at will and make the rest of the team way better

It's no secret that bulls need both a point guard and a low post scorer

Who to pick (my opinion)

I really think the first pick will be determined on what management wants to do w/ the head coach and brand of play of the team

IF management decides to hire an OFFENSIVE coach like tyron corbin of utah and brian shaw of the lakers and RUN- the pick is ROSE
*great scoring ability, good court vision, can pass and create

IF management decides to hire a DEFENSIVE coach like michael curry of the stons and tom thibo of boston and PLAY HALFCOURT- the pick is BEASELEY
*the team really needs a post presence in order to play halfcourt especially when the team has a lot of role players, no stars or go to guys

Who PAX will likely pick (based on history)

This one is a bit easy, but based on history, PAX is known for taking players w/ a winning history or college kids from good schools and has good basketball programs

the picks and players:

Captain Kirk- Kansas (they did enter the final four and lost in the finals if im not mistaken)
Ben Gordon- Uconn (also a winner in college w/ Okafor)
Luol Deng- Duke (definitely a known college w/ a winning tradition)
Chris Duhon- (see above; Deng)
Tyrus Thomas- (from LSU teamed w/ big baby and won games)
Joakim Noah- (also champs from Florida)
Andres Noch- (a winner at the time, won the gold medal w/ manu remember)

* Pax loves picking WINNERS and guys from great schools, he picks players who are proven winners OVER needs, example last year's draft, talk is pax will pick spencer hawes because he is supposed to be the answer at the post because he has the offensive post skills and back to the basket game but he still picked noah because he indeed is a WINNER

* so BASING PAX's HISTORY of the draft we my friends HOPEFULLY will take homeboy ROSE, that is a big hopefully, but don't be so sure, Pax always finds a way to mess things up, we'll see

The confusion:

Pax said he will evaluate the players at the latter part of the season, I hope he did. A factor of the first pick will be determined of the players evaluation this season. Has he given up on kirk? Has he realized that trading aldridge for a "potential" guy like tyrus thomas was a mistake? Will he pick a NEED over a winner this time around?

IF he has given up on hinrich, the pick a no brainer is ROSE and no way hinrich stays, he will be on the trading block and will be gone. Hinrich was trusted a lot by skiles and boylan, one of the reasons he plays a lot, he was like the teacher's pet, if a rookie makes a mistake he goes to the doghouse (ex. tyrus), if a player doesn't know the plays he sits (ex. Erob) but hinrich was a favorite by the two former coaches, misses ten jumpshots and turn the ball over and still plays 35mins, thing is they are gone, a new coach is on the way. so HAS PAX GIVEN UP ON KIRK?

PAX traded for tyrus because he has so much upside and thought he would be great, he showed glimpses of what he can do like playing above the ring and showed energy but was benched because he look lost at times and got into foul trouble and was eventually placed in the doghouse because the two former head coaches played favorites (noch by the way was another favorite that stole Tyrus' minutes). Tyrus didnt develop as Pax want him to be. SO HAS PAX given up on TYRUS and is ready to invest in a new Power Forward?

also a lil something to think about when drafting

I think they should pick Rose but they will pick Beasley

though there were rumors of trading Hinrich to the Heat so if that happens then obviously its Rose

on a side note, what a fucking moron D'Antoni is...Chicago coulda been great to watch with Rose, Gordon, Deng, Thomas and Noah running his offense....

What I want to happen:

It's no secret I want Rose in Chicago, I believe he can lead us to victories and be the leader that we needed all along, he can make his team look good and make them better, he can control the game and dominate at the same time

here are my proposed movements: I am not going to make an out of this world trade or trade half the roster for a star but here goes:

ONE: Draft ROSE
Why: See above

TWO: TRADE w/ Portland
TRADE: captain KIRK w/ 2 future second round picks and filler (simmons maybe)
RECEIVE: RAEF Lafrentz + 13pick and rights to the spanish dude who hasnt played in the league yet, a known slaher (forgot the name)
WHY for us: Rose getting picked, common sense hinrich is gone, Raef is a shorter contract and the 13pick for whoever is left on board, the spanish guy is a random development player playing overseas
WHY FOR PORTLAND: portland CANNOT win w/ jack and/or blake at helm that's for sure, they may do the trade if no quality pg's fall for them at the 13, westbrook and augustin could be gone at the 13th, mcmillan maybe can get to hinrich

THREE: TRADE Hughes to New York Knicks
TRADE: HUGHES
RECEIVE: Salary expirings, their lotto pick and rights to swap w/ their pick in two years
(OH WAIT, IS ISIAH THOMAS GONE? oh darn, cant happen)

THREE (REVISED):
Im trading Hughes to McDonalds for a big mac, coke and fries
WHY: O pls just dump his contract and find takers and let thabo grow and let gordon play at the sg spot, no hughes pls

FOUR: FIND PLAYERS TO COMPLIMENT ROSE
WHO, HOW and WHAT: I dunno yet, im not proposing stuff that cant happen

Brewer I seriously hate you. 1.7 fuckin percent chance and you guys land that. I think you take DRose the bets player available hands down and a legit all star PG for the next 10 years. Hometown kid helps a bit to I suppose. Atleast you dont have to be a bandwagon jumper next year NBA season, since now the Bulls are going to make it to atleast the 2nd round with all the talent they have. Im sure they will get Avery and that doesnt hurt at all.

take rose, but the team still needs work. you need some stars on that team, and more importantly, leaders. I feel like everyone on that team is a more individual role player as opposed to guys who work together. I don't think the team meshes well. they still have too many "good" players and need to trade around and get some better talent so they can have a fixed lineup

Back