Rockies Season Thread

doing a little better projecting these games finally, though last night was a struggle to close it down for WSH.

Current line:
4/26 Colorado -111 vs Washington: Chatwood vs Roark

Gonna be short again today as I'm putting my record on the line with a WSH +105 play. Chatwood is very hittable and Roark is one of the best unheralded starters out there who I am looking to back as much as i can.

Lineups are full and the weather was terrible last night including a ton of bullpen use on both sides, but only Oberg looks to be unavailable tonight.

I expect WSH to jump on Chatwood, COL possibly gets to Roark too, and hold on for a victory that also sees an over result

now 2-2 + some change on all COL bets thanks to a decent outing from Roark despite no control and Chatwood getting smacked around as expected. Major improvement on the daily projections and hopefully COL is coming back down to Earth...

Current line:
4/27 Washington -116 @ Colorado: Gonzalez vs Senzatela

Been a Senzatela doubter ever since his first outing of the season that he won for me @MIL, but he's been better than expected and has a really big test today with the red-hot Nats. He will rely on that fastball-slider combo and may throw some change-ups to keep hitters off balance, but WSH will not help him out. I expect he will struggle today, but fortunately the bullpen survived yesterday's blowout loss so they should be able to help him quite a bit.

On the other side, Gio has been great and though I expect some trouble today, I think he's a far better pitcher who should leave today with the lead. The WSH bullpen is in better shape than you'd expect after three games at Coors with only Treinen probably down today, especially when you see the good arms available at the back end.

The o/u is 11 and I think you gotta expect another over with two full lineups and how well each are swinging it. So I'll say WSH and over, would play WSH if I had the chance, but don't want to give odds on the road.

WSH took 3 of 4 in Denver and could have swept the series if they had held a 4-1 lead in the 6th in game 1. Needed it to hit COL back to Earth, but the games weren't very tight so they didn't have to use the good pen in tough situations

Current line:
4/28 Arizona -166 vs Colorado: Ray vs Freeland

Robbie Ray is one of the favorites of the analytics community thanks to his ability to strike people out, but he's got a long way to go to be an ace because he simply loses his control too often. He has incredible stuff including a 95+ MPH and a wipeout slider, but walks are his biggest problem and in that ballpark it can lead to big innings.

Opposing him is Freeland, who seems to be a pitch-to-contact guy that has had success vs LAD who can't hit LHP and split the other two outings. This will be a tough contest for him in that ballpark, but he's catching a bit of a break with Lamb getting the night off. None of the good pen got used heavily in the series, only early-middle relief guy Estevez yesterday, so COL should be in very good shape for this series if bullpens prove to be important. ARI only had Hoover work last night and he should be available tonight, so this may be a very competitive series.

From seeing Friday's and Saturday's lines, it seems like ARI is getting a little more credit than they deserve when you consider the COL bullpen advantage. I'd consider it strong enough that it chops the ARI HFA down quite a bit, but there is no substitute for last AB. No LeMahieu tonight, but Pat Valaika hit very well in the WSH series so it makes sense that he's in the lineup tonight as Bud Black is trying to get regulars some rest. LeMahieu's defense as a giant 2B will likely be missed and hopefully it makes a difference.

I wouldn't lay the huge price on Ray, but do think he's more likely to have a great outing tonight. He'll need to have a big lead when he exits before I'll be able to exhale, but Freeland could get hit hard himself in Coors Field-lite. I'll predict an ARI win and over 9, which seems high when you consider Chase Field totals this season, but is probably right when you see how this one opened at 10.

(not to toot my own horn, but got all four winners and totals right in the WSH series and would love to keep that streak going)

Freeland outpitched Ray last night despite being in danger all night. Credit the rookie for getting out of tough situations and I'm kinda kicking myself for not playing him as I feel like an expert on Robbie Ray. Black made some good moves and Holland was good as he has been all year as he now has 10 saves this season

Current line:
4/29 20:10 ET Arizona -132 vs. Colorado: Greinke vs. Anderson

Anderson has been bad, but COL has no other choice on who to use as the rotation is desperate for arms so he's more than safe. He hasn't been punished by it really as his bullpen has been so solid all season, but he's got a tough task today in Coors Field-lite. Opposing him is Greinke, who is no longer the Cy Young candidate that he used to be. Greinke had some velocity questions entering the season and still hasn't really put those to bed, but he's a great athlete for a pitcher and can still get batters out. Just probably not enough to justify the big contract he signed.

ARI didn't use the good pen last night and everyone should be available, while COL pushed Ottavino a bit but should also have everyone in play also. The COL pen is a huge advantage when you compare the two, also trust Black with his more than rookie manager and John Farrell disciple Torey LoVullo.

Jake Lamb got last night off and is back in there against the LHP, but LoVullo is giving David Peralta a day off in RF in favor of Owings with great-glove-no-bat Nick Ahmed playing SS. From the look of today's lineup, Anderson will need to get through 1-5, but will have a decent shot at breezing through 6-9 with the best hitter of that bunch being Brandon Drury.

The COL lineup is full and may cause some problems for Greinke because even their catcher Wolters can do some damage. I wouldn't advise an ARI play today even with the better pitcher because 1-7 will be tough on Greinke compared to 1-5 for Anderson. And then you have the bullpen disadvantage.

If I could trust Anderson to have a good outing, I'd probably play COL here, but I'm not sure he can outpitch Greinke. Maybe with a bigger pricetag, but Greinke isn't laying a huge number here whatsoever. I think both pitchers get hit and there's always the possibility that the COL bullpen comes back to Earth, so I'll expect over 8.5 runs.

My four-game side and total streak is over, but I'll try to start a new one and say ARI wins and o8.5

4-2 YTD, happy with how the plays have been going but not happy that I haven't been as active here in this thread. Will try to get back on schedule with this starting today...

COL enters 20-12 leading the division and only a half-game back in the pennant race, which I certainly did not expect to occur. Not sure anyone did...

Current line:
05/08 20:40 ET Cubs -138 @ Colorado: Arrieta vs Senzatela

CHC enters off an extremely late night playing 18 innings and using a considerable amount of the bullpen one night before a series at Coors. That feels like another incredible stroke of luck for COL, who won the final two from ARI to get another home series win.

Bullpen concerns are definitely on the CHC side, but the top relievers didn't get overextended so there's some hope. COL should have everyone available and Senzatela's unseen so that will be a great advantage as well, but CHC is so solid across the lineup that I'm hoping they come to play this series.

With those hopes written, I'm not a huge fan of Joe Maddon any longer as he gets too much credit for making dumb decisions like batting his pitcher 8th when it's completely asinine to do it. He's no longer ahead of everybody else with the shifts and isn't close to the value he used to be. I do like the way he manages his bullpen, but after last night's game he'll have his work cut out for him tonight.

The lineup is missing Russell at SS tonight and also has La Stella in LF, likely casualties from the long game last night, but should be good enough to cause some problems for the rookie. Arrieta, meanwhile, has not been very good this season and probably doesn't deserve to lay this type of number when you consider the travel, his lineup, a thinner-than-usual bullpen and his troubles so far in 2017. He didn't get off to an awful start, but isn't the Cy Young candidate he used to be and is walking into a tough spot tonight. The weather has been horrible with hail today at least delaying the start of the game a half-hour and he's being greeted by a full COL lineup.

Decided to play +124. If it rains out I'm not sure i'll touch the rematch tomorrow, but happy with a lot of the peripherals and to be against Arrieta tonight in such a tough spot for CHC when you consider the guys sitting (plus Rizzo who took 100mph off the left forearm last night and is somehow in the lineup)

La Stella again at 3B* so we're looking at the same lineup as last night. Going to play COL +131 again as I still like the optics even if we missed the travel portion.

Will get to the night game soon

lost on the total yesterday and was not even close. CHC used a pretty weak lineup and looked like a AAA team against a pitcher who has never pitched well in the majors taking terrible at bats and making a bad pitcher look like a good one. Jon Jay trying to bunt on a 1-1 count trailing 3-0 top 8 with 2 out and runners on 2nd and 3rd was the perfect climax. CHC is in trouble because they are not playing well and have a dumbass for a manager batting his pitcher 8th costing his team runs left and right...

Unfortunately this is a COL thread, who has been the biggest surprise in MLB so far. They won yet another series at home, this time against the defending champion who also had the highest RSW total coming into the year. COL sits 22-13 despite a terrible rotation, which is really my only hope moving forward because the lineup is getting healthier and the bullpen has been phenomenal.

Current line:
5/11 20:40 ET Colorado -112 vs. Los Angeles (NL): Anderson vs Ryu

LAD enters town off a sweep of PIT late last night, while COL finished their series win in the daylight and will have a bit of a rest advantage in addition to no travel. They also pulled Ryu off the DL for this start now that his ass has healed. He was okay in Coors earlier in the season, but will be challenged tonight against a team playing very well who should be full of confidence.

Anderson starts tonight for COL, though he probably would be out of the rotation if Bud Black had any other arms to choose from because he's been bad. They pushed him back a day and he was pretty good last time out, but I'm not sure that will continue as he's been the only LHP LAD has hit this season really. So that's a fear for sure, and when they did hit him @COL earlier in the year it was a lot because of ill-timed walks followed by XBH, but he did get outpitched in LA by Kershaw and then couldn't help his team hang around before exiting with a 4-1 or so deficit.

Speculating the LAD lineup is a challenge because they use so many platoons, but their RHs are hitting a lot better than they had to start the year. I'd guess the lineup looks like this:

7 Kike
6 Seager
5 Turner
2 Grandal
3 Van Slyke
8 Pederson
4 Taylor
9 Puig
1 Ryu

That'll be tough for Anderson, who will be tested, but Marquez's deep start yesterday and relatively little use in the double-header probably means Bud has everyone available to him in the pen.

On the other side, Roberts is a moron who almost used Jansen in a 5-2 game last night for a 2nd game in a row with a four-game series looming at Coors, but fortunately he didn't. Maeda did a great job pitching into the 9th so only Dayton was used out of the pen, which is a godsend for beginning this series in Coors.

In terms of movement, the line started with LAD favored and has changed courses today. COL at -112 isn't too steep, but I have to admit I'm surprised to see COL as the favorite against the projected division champion with the worst SP going. They've been playing great, but I started the year skeptical and have not changed my tune just because they've survived a month of a bad rotation because it's getting more and more depleted by the day. That may be the bull's case to my u80.5, but I don't think it's over just yet.

I'm gonna watch to see what lineups we get and to see where this line moves, but I think LAD may be worth a shot at the current +102 when you read the above.

Hoffman in for Anderson. Changes my LAD lineup guess and adds another unknown to the situation, but probably better for LAD's chances of winning so I guess I'm pleased with that.

LAD as a road fave with Ryu off the DL is not likely to make my play list. New line is -118 and 10.5o20, of which I'll say I do expect an over

missed the last two days, which were both losses for COL. Maybe I shouldn't jinx it by coming back into this thread, but I'm considering a COL play so here goes...

Yesterday Alex Wood was pretty dominant hiding the ball, but COL saw LHP the last three days and now get a fourth this series off a near no-hit performance. COL needs to win today to split the series.

Current line:
5/14 15:10 Los Angeles -136 @ Colorado: Urias vs Senzatela

Urias is the young Mexican who throws ten different pitches and can heat up to 97 mph, which is a lot for a LHP. He was great vs PIT and probably did not deserve to give up anything as he was unlucky when a weakly-hit flyball was lost in the lights plating a run. Doubt we see any type of let-down from that performance and Roberts made sure to get him out as soon as he lost the no-hit bit to try and manage his pitchcount as LAD has stuck to the plan to be careful with him. That probably means he won't go too deep today, 95 last time out was his season-high, but he also has never started at Coors before today. He pitched in long relief and has been seen by COL one other time, so he's not going to have the unseen advantage, but he's clearly the bigger prospect on the mound today.

On the other side is Senzatela, who has been very good this year despite never pitching above AA before 2017. A part of me feels it is smoke-and-mirrors, but you can't argue with the success he's had in this park and against some tough lineups. From when I've watched, he's got a good fastball and is great at bailing himself out of tough situations. Like for example, he's great at throwing strikes 2-1 or in other hitter's counts and not leaving a meatball in the center of the plate. That's not going to last forever, but he's done it so often that I feel like I need to consider that when expecting him to come back down to Earth.

In terms of the lineup, LAD has been far better when they play their LH studs and they can today against this RHP. On the other side, Parra was in for Blackmon yesterday and badly misplayed a flyball with two outs that allowed a run to score. He should be back in there despite getting two off-days this week, maybe related to getting hit in the side with a foul ball while in the on-deck circle in Tuesday's double-header, but I don't see a reason for any of the other regulars to not be in there.

For bullpen availability, everyone should be up for COL and I expect the same for LAD even if Baez and Jansen both worked the last two days because this is a fight for 1st place right now. Kerwin Danley behind the plate on get-away day will be very helpful to pitchers, so I don't think I can advise playing the over today. Two straight unders in the series after Ryu nearly covered the over himself on Thursday, but I'd suspect another again here.

Going to wait on the lineups and movement, but not sure I'll put my 5-4 +1.71u record on COL games this season today...

should have played COL on Sunday as that would have been another win, but it wouldn't have been the way I expected it as both Urias and Senzatela got smacked around and left early.

Short on time, but I do have a play today on COL as I disagree that the MIN start to the season makes them deserving of being a favorite to the other biggest surprise in baseball as I have pretty much bought in to COL.

5-4 +1.71u YTD

played Freeland +104 last night, still see +106 available

tuck :shake:

now 6-4 +2.73u on COL games YTD

Freeland battled through an off-night where he did not have good command to limit the damage until his offense came through. He surrendered 2-0 and 3-2 leads, but got a key GIDP to end an inning with 1st and 3rd and that's what good pitchers do. He's still a bit of a concern for me and will probably be worth going against when COL starts being favored every game if they keep this up because his control is not great and he pitches to contact.

Current line:
5/17 20:10 ET Minnesota -134 vs Colorado: Santana vs Marquez

Marquez comes in off his best start of his life, which was a lot due to a poor CHC lineup that took a bad approach to the plate with them. I don't expect he will be able to follow it up with another gem, even against a MIN team who has played well but doesn't have a lot of length to its lineup. Santana has been great so far this year as he's back to being able to K people, unlike last year, but this will be a big test for him. There's enough of a divide between the two starters that my initial COL lean is probably not going to make it to the confirmation screen.

Bud Black pulled the really stupid sacrifice bunt in the 2nd inning last night with 1st and 2nd, nobody out. He also went to Holland with a big lead for a single out when it became a save situation last night despite a 7-3 lead, which i don't like when he's got a history of injuries and you want to save your bullets as long as possible. Black has been a savant so far, but there are some chinks in his armor.

COL has the far better lineup and with the day off on Monday I don't expect any issues in availability. Not currently interested in the +121, but will see where it heads once lineups come out. Can't blame anybody for a COL play, but i worry Marquez gets hit hard tonight

rainout pushed that write-up to today and Marquez fought through some hard hit balls to win pretty easily aided by COL jumping on Santana early and then pounding him despite him lasting 7 innings. Holland again got used with one out remaining in a four-run game, so Bud Black clearly doesn't care about wasting bullets and that will hopefully benefit my RSW play in the dog days. To that end, he's probably available in game two of the double-header and almost everyone should be besides maybe Pressly who got six outs (but only threw 26 pitches)...

Current line
5/18 19:10 ET Minnesota -126 vs. Colorado: Berrios vs Chatwood

Berrios has been the name everybody's heard about for years, but he was not very good last year when he finally made the bigs and this line seems a little bit generous when you consider his lack of success at this level. Chatwood has been on my fade list and hasn't done much to change that, only tossing two acceptable (but great) outings out of his eight starts this season. He's had trouble with BBs and those are impossible to defend, but he has always been much better on the road than at Coors (shocker) and he gets a very cold atmosphere to pitch in tonight.

Black is starting to show some of his issues, but his team has been incredible so far and his lineup is far better than the other upstart in the opposite dugout. Larry Vanover is calling balls and strikes, which will help the pitchers as I've always felt he had a wide zone even despite some decent over numbers. That probably benefits Berrios just as much as it does Chatwood, but I want to feel good about Chatwood not walking a million people tonight and he does give me that comfort. They do not have a history together so that is speculation, but I do like the optics much better than if a tight zone was drawn.

Berrios has always dominated the minors, but did toss a great one in his last start limiting CLE to a single run in 7 2/3 IP. That one run scored on a wild pitch after a 2-out triple, so it may have been even better if not for that as he had a very low WHIP and didn't seem to be in much trouble that day. So here we are, five days later and he's on normal rest being priced like he's going to throw a good one tonight considering the price to back him against a very hot team.

It appears I need to give Chatwood a little more credit than I have before writing this, but I expect COL to use all hands on deck in both the lineup and bullpen as they do not play a division rival in the next series. A trip to CIN looms, which could certainly be cause for enough concern to try to survive this one, but I expect Black to throw caution to the wind as he's been doing.

Ultimately will wait to see who's in each lineup, but besides the catchers sitting and a possible substitution at SS bringing Valaika in for Amarista, I don't see much. I also don't expect the world to be jumping at backing MIN, but we do have the Berrios/home team avoiding the double-header sweep-effect that may push some more money onto the Twinkies

both catchers swapped as expected. MIN gets a bit of an advantage with Castro's pitch-framing and hitting (lol) compared to Gimenez while Hanigan may be a better mind behind the plate, but he definitely doesn't frame like Wolters and hasn't hit.

Aside from that, Black put CarGo at DH and moved light-hitting but quick Tapia (L) in LF forcing Reynolds to the bench. Reynolds will probably be good for a PH-appearance if needed and will take over at 1B while Desmond moves to LF. Also, Valaika in at SS as expected

Playing +129

Berrios was awesome, Chatwood somehow had enough rabbit's feet to hang around and give his team a shot but he can not be trusted whatsoever moving forward.

Current line
5/19 19:10 ET Colorado -110 @ Cincinnati: Anderson vs Bonilla

Bonilla isn't a big prospect and I watched him work as a long-man in mop-up duty earlier in the year, but did have a very good start @SF. I do not expect him to overpower anybody, though IIRC he has a decent fastball, and COL can probably get right after last night's shutout loss.

On the other side is Anderson, who has been the worst COL so far even with Chatwood's struggles. He got pushed back a few days to work on some things and maybe is coming around, but he still needs to prove that to me. He gets a tough lineup in a hitter's park, which looks to be full besides RF. On the other side, Reynolds is back at 1B with Desmond in LF and the only real negative is seeing Amarista at SS in over Valaika who has cooled off.

Bullpen didn't get used a ton yesterday despite the double-header and CIN was off, so it should be a battle of two full staffs who have been very good to start the year.

This may be a game of who can jump on the starter first, which I would expect to be COL, but I'm nowhere near confident to pay odds for this on the road. I'll guess a COL win and OVER 9

called yesterday pretty well with an 8-run inning helping my cause.

6-5 +1.88u YTD, playing Senzatela +101 today as he's proven he can weather the storm, full lineup/bullpen and I'm concerned about Adleman's neck/shoulder being injured

Bud Black is a clown blowing an 8-3 lead in the 6th because he didn't use his good bullpen arms because it was too early in the game. Disgusting and now 6-6 +0.88

played Freeland +103 today as the good bullpen didn't get used, lineups are full and I much prefer his sinker to Arroyo's flyball approach. Gun to my head I'd go over 10, but don't love it

considered playing Hoffman tonight, but not sure he's worth paying odds after I lost the + money

Eickhoff can throw a gem up there, but his offense is significantly worse than COL. Really unsure of where this game will go, but I'll guess COL and UNDER 8.5

Huge late rally from COL cost me a sweep on last night's projection. Hoffman pitched well, though I didn't watch much of him and it may be because of those toothless PHI bats...

Current line:
05/23 Colorado -121 @ Philadelphia: Marquez vs Eflin

Marquez is off two great starts, though he faced the Cubs AAA lineup due to rest and injury and then the Twins. I may need to start giving him a little more respect, as he's been good and clearly is getting it from the market considering this price on the road also considering that it was even higher earlier. Eflin on the other side is a journeyman who does not have dominant stuff.

Black is still platooning Amarista at SS vs RHP, but COL did activate Story today. Guess he'll be on the bench and used as a pinch-hitter before probably starting tomorrow. PHI on the other side has Franco on the bench along with Saunders, which is a surprise to see them dropping a L bat vs a RHP. But I have little faith in Mackanin as I think he's a pretty poor manager overall.

COL didn't use the bullpen much last night and are the far better lineup, so I'd expect them to win tonight. Marquez isn't someone I'd suggest paying 21 cents for, but I think there's a pretty big divide between these two teams tonight. I'll guess COL and o8.5 tonight

hit the game both ways last night, hope to do it again as I have a play today

7-6 +1 & change YTD

Phillies +106

...would guess u9 if i had to

lost my play last night thanks to a touchdown in the 3rd inning. Was trying to play Velasquez today, but he said he doesn't know where the ball's going right now so I couldn't stomach a play.

Would expect PHI and o8

COL lost in extras ayer, thankfully avoiding the road sweep. PHI is horrendous and I hope to be against them as much as possible for the foreseeable future

Current line:
05/26 St. Louis -114 @ Colorado: Martinez vs. Senzatela

CMart is one of my favorite arms in the game, but STL enters off a late game in LA to then fly east to Denver to play a COL team that probably landed in Denver before the game even began.

Since Wacha blew a lead early, his bullpen is in fine shape as the good arms didn't work last night. COL used Ottavino the last two and McGee in three of four, but still aren't in bad shape despite playing 11 innings yesterday.

Senzatela may be hitting a wall as he's been hit pretty hard recently, but he's been great at getting out of trouble and probably can do it today.

I was hoping to back STL if they were dogged, but don't hate the idea of a COL play considering they have last at bats and the bullpen has given no reason to doubt them with a lead late. Extras obviously lean toward the home team as well, but I will not be playing.

Since I have to pick, I'm going to say STL wins and the game stays under 10.5 due to two good bullpens. Not correlated, but I don't have a great feeling on this one anyways

been drunk and/or traveling the last few days so I have not been around. Should be here and will try not to miss any days going forward, but not posting has gone well with two very surprising road wins from SEA the last two...

Current line:
05/31 22:10 ET Seattle -172 vs. Colorado: Paxton vs. Senzatela

Paxton is a stud and is very scary to be against here, but my current lean is to COL. Think they win a bullpen game and while Senzatela has been struggling lately, I think he is worth a stab with Paxton coming off the DL having only thrown 55 pitches in his lone rehab start.

Paxton is the future, so we have to assume Servais will be out of a job if he screws up his arm further. He enters with a forearm injury, which sounds like something that could lead to a UCL tear so I can't imagine he goes more than 90 tonight. Even if he does, I like the COL lineup's chances to score on him as it's been 29 days since he threw a pitch in the bigs.

His bullpen AKA Edwin Diaz got some much needed rest yesterday when SEA erupted in the 9th to extend a four-run lead, but at least he got up and warmed. On top of this, pretty much every SEA arm used yesterday worked Monday's game as well besides Lawrence. He's a long reliever/spot-starter, so he shouldn't really have much of an effect on tonight's game unless Paxton leaves early or this hits extras late. Both of those scenarios fit my theory that COL is worth a bet tonight.

On the other side is Senzatela, who is coming off his best start of the year tossing eight shutout innings vs StL. The SEA lineup has more power than that one, but the venue is far better for a pitcher here and StL has a much longer lineup. I presume we see Cruz tonight, but his absence would make the lineup Cano and that's about it. Senzatela's thrown six QS out of 10 chances, but two of his last three have not qualified. COL is 8-2 in his starts this year, including blowing a huge lead @CIN, so he's been a huge part of their success this year.

Black should have all his top guns available in the bullpen as only Oberg worked both games, and I wouldn't consider him one of them. Dunn used to be, but fell out of favor (a lot because of the aforementioned blown game @CIN).

So to summarize, I prefer the COL bullpen by a landslide and they are far more rested. No Cruz will probably see this line fall about $0.15, but all reports sound like he'll be in the lineup tonight. That may give us a bit of a jump as well, but regardless of that I don't expect anybody to be missing from the COL lineup after losing the first two of this odd series and, in turn, losing their NL West lead.

Will be back with my COL YTD record and when I lock in...

was hoping to back COL today, but Marquez got a lot of respect on the opener and it didn't come crashing down too far.

Would expect COL hits Richard a bit, but the game stays under. GL

COL wins another road series, this time @SD and yet again I promise to be more active in this thread...

Current line:
05/06 20:40 ET Cleveland -112 @ Colorado: Clevinger vs Senzatela

Took COL in Senzatela's last start, which was a loss, but I noticed he threw an incredible amount of fastballs (don't think he threw any other pitches in the 1st). This is normally a good thing, because you want to save your other pitches for later, but it's very easy to be a hitter when all you need to do is catch up to 97. This makes me want to be against him and one of the best teams in the league is in town to do this.

Clevinger was going to lose his job when Kluber returned, but for some reason is getting this start tomorrow. While I don't like it for my future, I do like it for potential bets because I think he is a bit underrated compared to the rest of the CLE rotation. He has a fastball that I'm pretty sure gets up to 96, but really impressed me in a win @HOU with his control on the outside corner to righties. He's still inconsistent, but as a dog I'd have to look his way. Unfortunately, we don't have that yet.

In terms of lineups, both should be full tomorrow as I don't think anybody got hurt at PetCo and every Indian wants to hit in Denver. CLE will lose either Santana or Encarnacion, unless Tito experiments with Santana in the OF again. I don't think that'd be a good plan in this park when you consider how much territory needs to be covered. EE is a downgrade at 1B, but he's an incredible hitter and I think I'd trade his bat for his glove to keep it in the lineup.

Both bullpens should be full as well, though CLE may have one of the only bullpens out there that you can't consider to be worse than COL. The Rockies are dealing with some injuries and ineffectiveness, finally, but both should be trusted to hold a lead late if they have one.

I'd guess CLE wins this one as I think they can win a bullpen battle late even if this one heads to extras, but the inconsistent SPs make me think we see an over result. I guess those are correlated, but 11 is a big number when you consider the velocity we should see from both of these guys on the bump to start the game

now 8-9 +0.19u YTD thanks to Senzatela helping out his own cause knocking in three after an IBB with two outs in the 2nd...

not a good feel for today whatsoever, gun to my head CLE and over

Rockies sweep the two game series at home vs CLE, yet another scalp to put on the mantle...

Was hoping to play Marquez today vs Lester, but happier to have him in the future if he's not injured because I see some funny business with the Saturday line where he's supposed to start. Chatwood is too wild to back, even on a team who may be better than CHC with the big price, but Lester is also due to bounce back to form after getting smacked @LAD and considering how StL jumped on him early in his last start.

Wrigley totals are so wind-dependent that I'm not going to make a total pick here, but I don't think Chatwood can keep the CHC bats long enough if Lester doesn't get shelled (though it's certainly possible). I haven't been very good projecting COL games lately, but I see a CHC win here that'll hopefully set us up for some COL plays this weekend

now 9-9 +1.32 YTD

played COL +102 Saturday as i think they're much better than CHC right now and know everything about their former prospect

nice to see COL come back from down 4-0 yesterday to tie it, but Black trying to get two innings from Lyles was the death knell.

Now 10-10 +1.68u on COL games and I played COL +126 last night. Would suggest you do too

Back