rob bironas

Elbutre88

Pretty much a regular
http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2014/09/23/students-say-rob-bironas-chased-threatened/16096649/

Two Belmont students say former Titans kicker Rob Bironas threatened to kill them and sideswipe the truck they were in before confronting a man and woman in another car and trying to run their vehicle off the road Saturday night. Minutes later, Bironas lost control of his SUV and died in a one-car crash.
Connor Fraley, a 20-year-old student, said he was a passenger in a pickup truck that Bironas tried to hit on Franklin Road during a high-speed chase, after Bironas made threatening comments at an intersection minutes earlier.
The allegations surfaced less than a day after another woman told police in a 911 call Saturday night that the popular Titans kicker tried to run her vehicle off the road just before crashing himself.
Bironas lost control of his SUV and hit several trees before ending up in a drainage culvert on Battery Lane, upside down. Bironas, who played nine seasons with the Titans, was 36.
A Metro police spokesman on Monday said the investigation into the fatal crash is "ongoing."
Early Tuesday, Fraley detailed a frightening encounter he and three other Belmont students had with Bironas around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, shortly after Bironas' wife called police to report him missing. The incident took place at the intersection of Battery Lane and Franklin Road, not far from where Bironas would later perish.
Fraley said he was a passenger in a vehicle driving behind Bironas' white SUV on Battery Lane when he and others in the truck noticed a burning smell coming from Bironas' vehicle.
"His window was down, and we pulled up and I said, "Hey man, just a heads up, something's burning from your exhaust. Your exhaust smells horrible, just wanted to let you know,'' Fraley recalled telling Bironas. "He looked over at me and said "I'm going to kill everybody in your (expletive) vehicle. It was so random, so bizarre I was like, "What?" And he said the exact same thing again."
Fraley said the Ford F-150 he was a passenger in turned left on Franklin Road, and Bironas followed them. Another Belmont student was driving the truck, Fraley was in the front seat and two female students were in the back seat. Fraley said they sped up to get away, but Bironas sped after them.
At one point, near the Thompson Lane overpass, "he tried to sideswipe the vehicle and missed us by a foot."
"The girls in the back seat were starting to freak out because he was swerving on the road in between lanes, all over the place.'' Fraley said. "We had no idea who he was and why he was trying to harm us. It was a fight or flight situation and, unfortunately, we had to take flight at about 110 miles per hour. It was very scary."
Fraley said he called police and talked to a 911 dispatcher for nearly the length of the incident, before the students managed to lose Bironas following a dangerous chase that continued on residential side streets. The students lost Bironas near Acklen Avenue, near Wedgewood. The students met with police officers later Saturday night on the Belmont campus. The driver of the vehicle gave an identical account to The Tennessean, but would only identify himself as "Spencer." Later, the students found out a white SUV crashed on Battery Lane, and the driver was killed.
The next morning, Fraley said his roommate texted him a photo of Bironas. He said he contacted a police dispatcher again on Sunday morning but was hung up on.
"As soon as I saw that face,'' he said. "I know for a fact that it was Rob Bironas in that vehicle chasing us."
Fraley said he got chills when he heard the 911 call from another woman who told police Saturday evening the white SUV tried to run her and her husband off the road after a road rage incident in the same area.
According to Metro police spokesman Don Aaron, the driver of the white SUV gave the couple a dirty look after nearly hitting their car while changing lanes on Franklin Road heading south toward Battery Lane. The couple turned right on Battery Lane and pulled to the side of the road, and Bironas pulled up alongside the couple. The husband, who was in the passenger seat of the car, got out to confront Bironas.
At that point, the white SUV accelerated away at a high rate of speed, the couple told police. After pausing a few moments, the couple continued traveling on Battery Lane, and came upon the crash. Bironas was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Early Tuesday, another woman told The Tennessean she witnessed Bironas' confrontation with the couple involved in the 911 call around 11 p.m., as she and her boyfriend were headed to a late movie.
While traveling down Battery Lane toward Franklin Road, Daphne Lauderdale said one car was pulled off the side of the road, and the white SUV was alongside it, partially in the road.
"As we got closer, the white SUV took (off) like a bat out of hell, and passed us,'' Lauderdale, 44, said. "He passed us going very fast. We were like "Holy crap, what was that. It was startling how fast he was going. He was going very, very fast. He was stopped, and he just floored it.'"
Fraley, the Belmont student, said he hasn't slept since the incident.
"I am not trying to soil this guy's reputation or his legacy. I know this community thinks very fondly of him. I am just being honest, and I'm trying to get this off my chest. He tried to kill us. He told us he was going to try and kill us,'' Fraley said.
"I've never gotten a look from somebody like that, I just don't understand it. That's a face that's been in my head the last few days."
The fatal accident happened not too far from Bironas' home.
It came at the end of a night when Rachel Bradshaw, Bironas' wife, called police to report that her husband was missing after leaving around 10:30 p.m.
Bradshaw told police it was unusual behavior for him to leave without telling her. She also told police he was not intoxicated, but that he drank a beer earlier in the evening.
An autopsy on Bironas was conducted on Monday, and the body was released to the funeral home. It could be several weeks before results of a toxicology report are available.
Bironas played for the Titans from 2005-2013 before being released in March. He finished as the Titans' second all-time leading scorer with 1,032 points, and he set a franchise record scoring triple digits in seven straight seasons.
"Something was wrong. He was driving erratic and driving extremely fast in a very dangerous place,'' Lauderdale said. "We got out the next day and walked down the street to the accident site and there were no skid marks, it didn't look like he hit the brakes at all.
"It's a shame. You make one bad decision or choice, and it cost him his life. That's a shame."
Reach Jim Wyatt at 259-8015 or on Twitter @jwyattsports

this whole thing is weird as hell and tragic. does anyone here know if they do toxicology reports for stuff like this, and if they do, is it normally released to the public?

I actually didn't know he was married to Terry Bradshaw's daughter

Here's a 911 call right after the crash

[video=youtube;g-u7Js6MWnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-u7Js6MWnk[/video]

Very odd story. He was just here last week trying out for us too.

OT: do we have pics of Bradshaws bare bottom?

Just when you think you're up to speed on NFL kicker knowledge, one marries into the Terry Bradshaw family, threatens motorists at gunpoint, and dies in a fiery crash. Didn't see this one coming. Especially the Bradshaw thing.

I'm out in front on a couple others though. Jamie Moyer married Digger's Daughter (sounds like an Irish sexual position) and Yan Gomes married the great Atlee Hammaker's daughter.

Something is definitely weird here. No idea what he was on but in all honesty, it seems like the fact he only killed himself may have saved other lives

You knew there was more to this story than just him losing control of his car, but this does sound like a weird one. With dwoww , glad no one else got hurt.

I think they always do 'em in a car accident. Not sure about public record.

Just when you think you're up to speed on NFL kicker knowledge, one marries into the Terry Bradshaw family, threatens motorists at gunpoint, and dies in a fiery crash. Didn't see this one coming. Especially the Bradshaw thing.

Where did you read he threatened them at gunpoint?

He takes an Ambien, is feeling tired, goes to bed. Then it becomes a case of "sleep driving." There have been other cases like this.

This makes sense until you look at the timeline. He went to bed around 10:30 according to his wife....she went up to their room 'a few minutes later' and he was already gone, which is why she started making calls to find out where he was. The crash happened about 11:15....so that leaves 45 minutes from when he went to bed. It just doesn't make much sense that he was gone from the house a few minutes after going to bed....unless he immediately fell asleep and then went sleep driving. It's possible for sure, but doesn't seem the most likely answer with the timeline.

Bironas' wife also reported him missing in the few minutes that he had gone to bed and then she realized he was gone from the house. There will most likely be more to come out of this story, but you have to think she knows more about him than has come out.

Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas was reported missing by his wife less than an hour before he died in a fatal car crashon Saturday night.

Rachel Bironas called police on Saturday because she didn't know where her husband was. According to a police report from the incident, Rachel and Rob had been watching a movie with a friend when Rob decided to go to bed around 10:30 p.m.
<aside><header>More on Rob Bironas</header>Students say Bironas threatened them </aside>A few minutes after Rob went to bed, Rachel went to look for him, but was unable to locate him. At that point, Rachel called Rob's cell phone several times, but no one answered. Rachel also called several relatives and asked if they knew where Rob was.
Rachel, the daughter of Pro Football Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw, told police that Rob may have had one beer over the course of the night. However, Rachel had no explanation for why Rob might have left, she also told police that she didn't get into a fight with Rob. The two Bironas' had been married since June.
As noted, Rachel last saw Rob at 10:30 p.m. The one-car crash that killed the Titans kicker happened less than 45 minutes later.
Before the crash, which happened around 11:03 p.m., Rob Bironas may have tried to run a woman off the road. A woman made a 911 call just minutes before the crash. In the call, the woman says that Bironas was trying to run her off the road.
"We let him go on past us because he was trying to run us off the road and we don't know who he is,'' the woman told the 911 operator, via the Tennessean. "...We just pulled out of his way, and we saw all this smoke and pulled over."
The woman also added that Rob Bironas tried to 'start a fight' with her and her husband.
"He is dangerous, he is drunk or something. He tried to start a fight with us," the woman said. "My husband ran down there to see what is going on. I just want to tell the police there is something wrong with him. He is dangerous, he is drunk or he is on drugs. He gave us a mean look. We don't even know him, and he tried to run us off the road."
The couple returned to the scene of the crash on Sunday to explain what happened to authorities.
"They said the driver swerved back, gave them a dirty look and got behind them and was behind them at the intersection on Franklin and Battery," Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said. "At the stoplight of Franklin and Battery, they said the white SUV was revving its engine behind them."
The husband eventually got out of the car and Bironas reacted by speeding away, according to the couple.
Rob Bironas died less than one mile from his residence after his vehicle went off the road and hit several trees before coming to rest upside down in a drainage culvert. Bironas was transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

I've never taken ambien but does that make you all weird and stuff?

It does to some people, but everyone reacts differently. "Sleep driving" is a very real thing though that many people have done while taking Ambien.

I had a terrible sleep walking problem as a child. Outgrew it by the time I was 10 for the most part but still do it once or twice a year. Haven't ever taken Ambien and haven't ever sleep driven but I have walked right out of a hotel before.

The wife had to have thought something like this could have happened (the sleep driving, not the threatening to kill people) if she called the cops to report him missing less than 15 minutes after he had gone to bed and she realized he wasn't in bed. Could she have even searched their huge house in that amount of time to know, for a fact, that he was gone? She may have seen his car gone, but for her to right away start making calls, and call the police to report him missing that quickly, it's quite possible he's had some issues with Ambien in the past (if he was taking Ambien). She said he only had a beer throughout the course of the night, which they will validate when the tox report comes back, so you'd have to imagine she wasn't lying unless she wants to open herself up to much more scrutiny.

yeah, that's the other thing. the ambien lowers inhibitions and makes you crazy in the sack. it also erases memories.

I had a terrible sleep walking problem as a child. Outgrew it by the time I was 10 for the most part but still do it once or twice a year. Haven't ever taken Ambien and haven't ever sleep driven but I have walked right out of a hotel before.

lol, right out of a hotel? I think that is called alcohol

lol, right out of a hotel? I think that is called alcohol

Haha i was 8. Shoulda said hotel room, not hotel though

Dad heard the hotel door shut and thought someone was coming in. Then i wasnt in my bed. He said i was just strolling around on the hall of our floor. Scared him to death

Dwight misdiagnosing drunken stupor as "terrible sleepwalking problem". Yeah, I got this short term memory problem. Craziest thing.

This makes sense until you look at the timeline. He went to bed around 10:30 according to his wife....she went up to their room 'a few minutes later' and he was already gone, which is why she started making calls to find out where he was. The crash happened about 11:15....so that leaves 45 minutes from when he went to bed. It just doesn't make much sense that he was gone from the house a few minutes after going to bed....unless he immediately fell asleep and then went sleep driving. It's possible for sure, but doesn't seem the most likely answer with the timeline.

Sounds like the wife is holding something back if that is the timeline.

Sounds like the wife is holding something back if that is the timeline.

That is the timeline, and you're right she may be holding something back, but it could just be that he's slept-walked in the past on Ambien or something. They could have gotten into an argument before he left the house as well, but she most likely would have just said that. I'm not sure she's holding anything back in a deceptive way, but you never know I guess. There were witnesses of the one car crash, so it's doubtful she would be liable for anything even if they did have an argument or whatever. It's a very strange story though that will hopefully be cleared up at some point.

Why would you file a missing persons report for someone gone 15 minutes unless there was a lot more to the story

Why would you file a missing persons report for someone gone 15 minutes unless there was a lot more to the story

From what she said...he went to bed at 10:30, she went up to check on him a few minutes later and he was gone...so she freaked out. I agree there probably is more to the story, but it could be as simple as him having slept-walked in the past while on Ambien and she wanted to find him before he hurt anyone/himself, especially after she noticed his car was gone.

The whole story looks odd for sure, I'm just not sure it's really suspicious. I mean, what could the wife have been doing with the calls other than trying to find Rob? Meaning, what could she really have been hiding that would make her criminally liable (not saying that's what you're saying OM)? He died in a one-car crash that had witnesses.

Maybe they did get into an argument, and she knew he took his Ambien and may have been drunk (although she said he only had 1 beer), and she felt horrible about the argument especially after realizing that he left the house in his car and didn't go to bed like he said he was going to.

Maybe she knew he was a threat to himself, as well as others, in the state he was in and just wanted to stop anything horrible from happening. In the end, she did just lose her husband, so if there was an argument before hand, she must be guilt-ridden right now.

There is a reason he went off the deep end. Some women can't let their husbands have 5 minutes of peace...he probably had enough and told her so.

Must be hereditary, because that's the same feeling I get when I have to watch her father on NFL Sundays.

So much gold in here

But, like many others in here.....SCREAMS of Ambien

I know of multiple get in the car and drive stories as well as fewer punch the wife in bed stories.....

I didn't read the article and like tip says Lareux is on the case, but Ambien and sleep fucking/fighting/driving is so real

Ambien makes you all aggressive and angry?

It's hallucinative in some rare occasions, but especially when mixed with alcohol. You basically go in traces where you sleep walk and sleep drive and don't know what you're doing. It's a terrible drug right up there with Adderrall, even worse. These are basically recreationally drugs to use sparsely to get high. It's amazing they are available via script.

From what she said...he went to bed at 10:30, she went up to check on him a few minutes later and he was gone...so she freaked out. I agree there probably is more to the story, but it could be as simple as him having slept-walked in the past while on Ambien and she wanted to find him before he hurt anyone/himself, especially after she noticed his car was gone.

The whole story looks odd for sure, I'm just not sure it's really suspicious. I mean, what could the wife have been doing with the calls other than trying to find Rob? Meaning, what could she really have been hiding that would make her criminally liable (not saying that's what you're saying OM)? He died in a one-car crash that had witnesses.

Maybe they did get into an argument, and she knew he took his Ambien and may have been drunk (although she said he only had 1 beer), and she felt horrible about the argument especially after realizing that he left the house in his car and didn't go to bed like he said he was going to.

Maybe she knew he was a threat to himself, as well as others, in the state he was in and just wanted to stop anything horrible from happening. In the end, she did just lose her husband, so if there was an argument before hand, she must be guilt-ridden right now.

Her/His phone records will say the most also

Too bad Bironas wasn't a pot smoker....

[h=1]Rob Bironas had blood alcohol level nearly three times legal limit
[/h]Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas was drunk when he wrecked his SUV and died 13 days ago, a toxicology test has revealed.

Bironas’s blood-alcohol level was .218, according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. That’s nearly three times the legal limit of .08.
There was also Valium in Bironas’s system, but likely not enough to impair driving.
Police had initially said there was no evidence of alcohol being to blame for the crash, and his wife said there were no problems at home before Bironas left the house on the Saturday night when he died. But witnesses described Bironas as angry, threatening, and seeming to want to purposely run other cars off the road.
The police investigation of the case is ongoing.

So what was the time frame from when he left the house and the complaints about his behavior from people on the road? Bc she said he had one drink at home and they were quietly watching a movie….

Is she withholding info or did he hit a bar and get really drunk?

Back