Road to the Derby

Lloyd, u look at FG races? New Orleans tricky race, tons of early speed could set up for closers..4,7,8 all prices that maybe have a chance.

Lloyd, u look at FG races? New Orleans tricky race, tons of early speed could set up for closers..4,7,8 all prices that maybe have a chance.

Just started looking there now but agree, Red Rifle, Albano and Moreno will all be battling early, should set up for someone coming from off the pace

Damn I box 6,8 and then have 6/4 and don't play 4/8 exacta at GS R8. Hate when that happens.

David Grening, Gulfstream Park, Race 8 - DRF Live
6 minutes ago.​

[h=3]Do trainers talk to their riders in paddock?[/h]It's a mantra that has been repeated here for a week -- the rail at Gulfstream is no good. But Javier Castellano makes the lead and goes to the rail. Why?????
If trainer Marcus Vitali didn't tell Castellano to stay off the rail then shame on him. It may not have mattered as Valid looked pretty tuckered out in the stretch, but come on, man, give your horse a chance. Valid ended up fifth at even money.
Meanwhile, Paco Lopez had Pants on Fire (3-1) stalking on the OUTSIDE and he held off the late run of CONFRONTATION. Lopez's second win on the card. Winner trained by Kelly Breen.

Funny part was Pants on Fire seemed all out chasing into stretch and Valid was under hand ride back side, looked like he was sitting on a ton

Lloyd. .R10 4 and 8 seem like the likely winners, I think I like 8 better though, layoff but run well fresh before and likes Gulf..Javy choses 4 though..thoughts?

Lloyd. .R10 4 and 8 seem like the likely winners, I think I like 8 better though, layoff but run well fresh before and likes Gulf..Javy choses 4 though..thoughts?
I like the 5 there as well, Javy choosing the 4 might be as simple as sticking with Pletcher, if 8 is ready off the layoff seems the one to beat

Back