Rexy's Week 1 College...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sup fellas. Let's do it, another year is here and I'm as excited as anyone. My bets will be for smaller denominations until I get the bankroll built up, but I'll still be posting in the normal manner, small to big.

No real thoughts in Columbia in the SEC lidlifter. Total has been bet up a little but, which surprises me. Would only have UNDER at 61 or better.

Monroe now favored everywhere against Wake. No real thoughts there, need to see both teams a time or two, not real confident in my number in either team.

Seems like they are possibly setting up Tulane for later. Can't see how Tulsa can lay a touchdown or more here, Tulsa's coach looks lost to me and they are gradually losing all of the momentum built in the Graham Era (and his predecessors). Green Wave had winning season last fall and redshirt frosh Tanner Lee beat Nick Montana and Devin Powell out for the starting QB job. I'll call for the outright win, but ended up taking 7 at 11:20 ish EDT (see the line movement thread for details). I would recommend a medium play at +7, a small at +6 and a small to medium at +6.5.

Made Ole Miss just a bit cheaper, but no play on Boise.

Not sure on how to rate Vandy at this point, but I made this game right at the current price, so it's a pass.

Made Wazzou right on the number as well, alloting them 3 for playing in Seattle.

No real opinion on BYU/UConn or BG/Western. I made BG just a smidge higher but am unsure of my Western rating.

Treading lightly here, as the Colorado coach has now gotten the better of McElwain in each of the last two years, including a 41-27 win last year. I also am unsure of my CSU rating, but I made them a slight favorite here, so I'm in for a peanut at the current level. If it goes up then I might go for more. As for now, Colorado State +3 is a small to medium play.

Made Houston just a smidge higher against Texas-San Antonio but don't like laying DD's with a team that was fairly fortuitous last year and might have an inflated rating.

Made Arizona a smidge higher against Vegas, but it's up to Rich Rod to name the score here. If he's gonna try to play 8 quarterbacks or whatever, then it could be difficult to balloon a lead late with the bottom guys in there.

Not entirely sure of what to expect with Penn State now that Franklin took over, but he signed a boatload of highly-touted recruits. Still, it's hard to expect much out of true freshmen, and UCF has a system in placed that produced a BCS-bowl win last year, and they won in Happy Valley, going over 500 yards in total offense in doing so. I made UCF 3 so can't lay any points here but gun to head, I would pick them to win.

Ohio State plummeted on the heels of the Miller injury, and now has shot back up in the last few days. I discussed it briefly in the 'lines movement' thread somewhere. I made game a bit cheaper but who f'in knows with the Navals having their best team in years and me never being high on Ohio State.

Made UCLA a smidge lower, but not interested. Made Mishitgan a bit higher but who wants to lay five touchdowns. Made UAB close to number, no idea.

Probably need to smolder my enthusiasm with Northwestern a bit, but I made the game much higher, even with their injuries this month. Last year, they only beat Cal by two touchdowns, and were very lucky to do so, from what I recall. Cal is supposedly much improved, while Northwestern wasn't even bowl eligible. Certainly, Cal should have recruited enough athletes to be competitive at this point. Still, I'll take the smart kids laying less than two touchdowns in this spot, as I made the game closer to 16, even with all the negative Nancy attention given to the Wildcats since the end of last season (injuries, union deal etc.) It's not a bet yet; I'll look to lay 10 medium and if I miss it, will be 10.5 for the same. Would lay 11 for small to medium for those who can't get the number and want to know what I'd do at that point.

No opinion NC State; need to see GS play a time or two but made the game 21 without knowing much. Made Corn slightly higher but would never lay. Made BC slightly higher, as UMass hardly has a homefield edge going all the way to Foxboro to play. Made We Are Marshall a smidge higher but my SEMCON buddy Vasilios advised me that Miami O is the right side, and he's been on the right side of some MAC rigs for a decade or more, so who knows. Made ND 22, no thoughts. I do think Rice will score more than 15 (with 21/51 being the lines, their team total in theory should be 14.5 or 16), so use that for what it's worth if you're looking to go at the total (it means i lean OVER). No opinion Bama. No opinion Auburn, I thought I really didn't like them (see my line in the mythical national championship last year) but I made a smidge higher. Guess I don't like that jagoff Arky coach, either. Made Jorja a smidge lower, looking forward to watching but not interested in betting that one. No opinion Kent State or Okie. Made USC a smidge lower but not really interested in Fresno, I don't like that coach. Made Messy St a smidge higher, Washington a bit higher but not interested in GSFW's. Made Florida State lower and am considering Okie Light, but nothing for now. Made Tejas a tad lower, New Mexico a point or so lower and LSU right at where it is. Though I do like LSU; the coach has won 45 straight non-con games and I LOVE that frosh RB. Wisky lots of Q's coming into season, and it's a semi-home game for LSU playing in Houston. Why wouldn't Wisky try to get game in Indy or STL instead? lmao

Took Utah State +6 medium. I wanted to wait out a seven but it's not going to pop; too many people are enamored with the Utags QB just like me. He'll run circles around the young Vols. I'll call for Utags to win outright. No opinion Baylor.

Took Louisville -3 earlier in the month. Would lay -3.5 medium to big as well. Cards just popped this team in the bowl game by a jillion, arguably upgraded at coach (hey, I think this guy is a stone turd but he's as good a college tactician as the game has seen in the last 15 years), are playing at home, and have a HUGE edge at QB (stud backup last year as compared to Canes starting a greenhorn true frosh). With the beer flowing to all the redneck Card fans all day and night at the Pizza Palace, the drunks will end up leaving quite happy after a 2-plus touchdown win. It's a big play at -3 flat or better, biggest of the week.

GL!

:shake:

GL
image.php
Rexy

Always read your stuff :cheers:

tanner lee could be really good but the wr situation is bleak. anyone down in nola have any insight? gl rex

bjorks - i'm not sold on BG, need to see them win this one first; the new system sounds good but there will be bugs, and I like the continunity that Western should have by retaining Brohm as the HC after Petrino bolted.

Northwestern might well be the wrong side; we'll find out Saturday I guess. Thanks for words and well wishes, fellas...

Rexy hopefully K-State can get Auby for you on 9/18 at the Bill. I'll be takin a party bus to Manhattan for the game....

LSU and Wisky playing at Lambeau in the future rexy

2016. Basically a home and away between LSU and Wisky but both games in NFL stadiums. Playing the game in Houston helps both teams recruit Texas. Wisconsin making more of an effort in that regards. They're playing Alabama at Jerry's World next year.

Good luck this season Rex. Always make a point to read your threads each week

Kind of expected you to have a higher opinion of Burning Green. Anything in particular stand out as a negative there, or is it just the questions regarding WK?

Wow ! How many years is this, going back to blankets?
I'd say at least a dozen.
Have yourself a great season. Always enjoy visiting your threads.
taurus

Yes sir Taurus, been maybe 13 years now, always a pleasure and GL to you this year.

Timbo, I'm not real high on BG like most are. Don't like the new coach as much as others do, and I probably think more of Western than most of the dead money. Sharpies on Western for sure, I can see it in the markets. GL...

Yes sir Taurus, been maybe 13 years now, always a pleasure and GL to you this year.

Timbo, I'm not real high on BG like most are. Don't like the new coach as much as others do, and I probably think more of Western than most of the dead money. Sharpies on Western for sure, I can see it in the markets. GL...
How about the snapback on BG?

all phoney, sucker/public for sure, no one i chart or have talked to laid anything more than 6 with BG, which means they didn't lay it at all. Dog or nothing there.

bjorks - i only had a lean in that game. if i threw out my own opinion forever and ever and just read the market, Western would have been a big bet. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 i suppose. GL to all today...

:vkshake:

Only one play today on Northwestern so gonna add one, partially because I get sick and tired of hearing about "returning starters". Bottom line, the Football Outsiders guys had A&M's offense ranked number 1 preseason in projected F/+ and that obviously turned out pretty good Thursday. They are very high on Okie Light (17) whereas Steele is down on them (37th). Obviously, Phil The Thrill can be right (see Vandy) but Okie Light's defense should be stingy enough to keep them in it even if the offense struggles at times. Can't see any way in hell that anyone smart lets this game go higher, or else I'll dig in for more...

The play: Oklahoma State +19 small to medium.

Good call on Northwestern, Rexy, lmao.

Addingto Okie State +20 for another unit plus, to make it a medium to big play.

Also, 2H Arkansas +7.5 medium. Was hoping for 10 but the CRIS guys opened before everyone else and ruined the potential market. Still, these two teams look pretty even to me, and even though Auburn gets the ball first, nothing separates them from what I've watched.

GL...

2H LSU -3 +105 medium.

Les has won 45 in a row out of the SEC. I trust he'll get it figured out soon enough.

Looking at Wash 2H also after Peterson adjustments to Chow. We'll see.

GL

:shake:

Back