Rexy's Week 0 and Week 1 plays...

Minny available at anything close to that would be a great bet, Mikey.

Wise - you can be damn sure at the half when trying to hype up his guys and get them to exhort more energy that Whittingham says that everyone is watching you for the wrong reasons, so kick their ass and get them to start watching you for the right reasons.

i not betting but will shade dog in Moscow. The box is virtually even, Ohio U can't lay anything in the 2H with UI getting the ball first.

TCU line too high - 7 flat tops it should be... total also too high but both teams will try to adjust on offense, they know each other real well so you can be sure going in they both were focused on trying to stop the other

I hear ya, but is that what the coach is thinking. He could be dealing with injuries, and adjustments. GL

Tulane has moved the ball a bit here and there, but they're 0-for-6 on third down. It's typical and very similar to last year when the sharps bet against Duke week after week (including this game when I got them) and got it rammed in sideways week after week. Sure looked like a Walters move to get everyone to close this game at less than 6.

Tulane has moved the ball a bit here and there, but they're 0-for-6 on third down. It's typical and very similar to last year when the sharps bet against Duke week after week (including this game when I got them) and got it rammed in sideways week after week. Sure looked like a Walters move to get everyone to close this game at less than 6.

Moral of this story? Don't be opposite Rex on Duke Plays. My Tulane play is dead even at 9 I fear haha

Arizona struggling with Texas San Antonio... score not indicative of how the game being played

UTSA won toss, took ball, threw a pick 6 on second play, then ran kickoff back for 6 BS penal took it back

Stud Arizona LB is hurt and not playing, and UTSA is moving the ball fairly easily. The pointspread is way off and they'll probably not get it right at halftime either.

Hawaii D-line is lining up inside the tackles and CU has figured out a way to attack those gaps that they're creating. I pray for Hawaii to somehow be ahead at half and by a margin where I won't have to lay any points with CU but they just have to win, they've figured it out.

both teams so bad in this game i honestly cannot handicap which one will stop being bad.... Colorado won the toss and took the ball, so it's an El Paso in 2h, line i would book is Col 3.5 -125 or 4 dog 15 and 31, so let's see where it comes before i decide to go to bed without at least giving it a thought. I am sure they will use a lower total and even though earlier i thought UNDER was the tits, i have changed my mind. Each team has made offensive adjustments and I would expect that to continue at halftime, especially given the venue/start time...

GL Rex. I liked Hawaii and under beforehand but like 2h over after watching that festival of failure. Buffs have the size to wear em down but not the discipline...fear is Norm is conservative if it's tight with 7 minutes to go

Only one play today, and it seems like they've put it on a tee for me, although laying a touchdown with a team that's never won a game at the I-A level seems like a bit of a reach at first glance.

Yet that's precisely what I'm doing with 154 Georgia State. This is a big play.

The Panthers are 1-23 in the first two years of the Trent Miles era, but if you've seen the work Miles did going back to his days at moribund Indiana State, you know that good times are coming, and soon, in Atlanta. ISU, for comparison sake, went 1-33 in the three years before Miles took over. He piloted the Sycamores a 1-21 mark in his first two seasons before ISU went 6-5, 6-5 and 7-4 in the three seasons before he took over at GSU. That's a carbon copy to the work he's doing here and don't be surprised if the record ends up very close to that six win mark.

In 2013 this was the worst team in I-A football by a mile. Last year wasn't much better, but they did compete until injuries and lack of depth took over. With 17 returning starters, I rate this team to be roughly 12 points better before the ball is snapped today than the one that took the field in the season finale vs. Texas State about 39 weeks ago. The rash of injuries at running back and linebacker from a year ago won't be an issue in this game, and some JUCOs and UAB transfers enter with an immediate chance to contribute.

But this is not a bet or an endorsement ON Georgia State nearly as much as it is of an indictment of UNC-Charlotte.

I have rated the 49ers lower than just about any team could possibly be rated in my lifetime that plays I-A football. UNCC has played football for just two seasons, and posted 5-6 records in back-to-back seasons against schedules that will not have them nearly ready to compete at this level. Wesley College (D-III), UNC-Pembroke, Chowan - bonus points for anyone who can even name what STATE Wesley and Chowan are in, let alone what towns.

Elon is picked to finish at or near the bottom ofthe CAA, and got blasted 41-3 by ACC lightweight Wake Forest last night. Elon finished 1-11 last season, with the lone win coming against UNCC. The 49ers gave credible efforts in some games against other I-AA competition but still suffered a six-game losing streak at the hands of Elon, Charleston Southern, Gardner-Webb, The Citadel, Jimmy Madison and Coastal Carolina.

Trying to come up with a power rating for them proved to be a very trying exercise. Many of those losses were to good I-AA teams and were close, but the bottom line is that Charlotte has never beaten anyone as good as Georgia State's 2015 opening day roster. Expecting them to even cover a touchdown seems a stretch. Early last month, O-line coach and recruiting coordinator Phil Ratliff passed away a week after heart troubles suffered on a retreat. That can't help with continuity.

The 49ers should be outclassed up front on both sides in this one, and in Miles's third season, I expect a large step forward. This one should never be close, and I'll be looking to get UNCC if they don't adjust enough in two weeks when the 49ers go to Murfreesboro. Lay the lumber.

Prediction: Georgia State 47, UNC-Charlotte 20
The play: GSU -7 for a pretty big bet

Wesley is in Delaware. Reason I played Geo state. Charlotte lost to Wesley last yr.

I have been watching football since about 1984 and I have never and I mean never misread a game worse than I did with this one. Very embarrassing.

Tomorrow's writeups I will work on now; I hope to do better.

2H SMU +16 medium

Baylor's defense isn't good enough for them to lay this many to SMU as the Mustangs are vastly better than I expected and have figured out how to get a stop or two late in the half.

Me underestimating SMU this year is my worst mistake through two days outside of that early game fiasco with both teams.

I like Boise 2H but I also know when to pull up. If tomorrow's bets were not already made, i would wave my white flag on all but one of them and get out. Maybe I am doing or seeing something wrong.

I will post writeups in the AM. Let me proofread and get a clear head. I am in the middle of getting shitfaced and watching Boise and Nadal. Bad idea I guess considering I was up til 5 Eastern with that Hawaii fiasco anoche.

Anyway - no excuses, gotta get better. My Mich State theory was good but WM has the best talent in the MAC and I knew it and still tried to beat it. SMU has no depth; it's hot out there and Baylor does. Stupid omission of by-and-large information that everyone knows and I somehow missed.

GL to us tomorrow; I'll chime in with my FB, tennis and UFC in this thread and hope we can all earn to it...

:shake:

The worst thing about sitting through that mess in Atlanta yesterday with a big loser on it was that it was in the middle of the day and I had to watch it sober. I wanted to take a long walk off a short cliff about midway through the first quarter when the refs and replay booth somehow figured out how to conspire against me twice on the biggest plays of the day in a game where my team hadn't bothered to show up.

Several games are on the fringes of being bets, and I've got a few games where I am on both sides as I was able to get to a number (West Virginia/Georgia Southern, Alabama/Wiskydicks, Kent State/Illinois and Fla Atl/Tulsa all fit the profile of games where I'll cringe on one side of the counter if the number falls and cash bets on both sides at the same time). There are only two true plays today in the I-A games, however. I'll save the best for last, Natalie Cole style.

Florida State lost most of the nuts and bolts of its point shaving guys to graduation, the Niffel or anywhere else but the football field at the Doak. Hence, a lay is in order today. I respect Franchione and his system down in San Marcos (31,000 kids go to school at TSU?) but this is a class gap that the Bobcats should be unable to bridge. The Seminoles had their 29 game winning streak snapped in the playoffs in January but should more than be ready to get back in 2015. As Phil Steele would say, VHT's litter the 2-deep and 3-deep and in the second half when this game gets out of hand, those kids will be hungry to prove they belong out there during meaningful minutes.

Prediction: Florida State 51, Texas State 10
The play: FSU -28 medium

I have been sitting on this game since May - and when I saw the first lines come out, I was licking my chops. Unlike the UNCC-Georgia State game where there was a lot of uncertainty and I was on the wrong side of it, there is zero uncertainty here. Yesterday, I thought i knew something and i badly overestimated one team and badly underestimated another. Today, I am going to correctly tell you who is being underestimated and who is being overestimated.

Louisville is going to beat Auburn outright, and they'll do it for fun.

The Cards enter the second season under Bobby Petrino. Everyone has seen this man's work at the college level. Under his complex systems and schemes, it often takes a year and some change for players to get used to what he's trying to sell.

In his second season during his first stint at U of L (2004), the Cards finished 11-1 and No. 6 in the final AP poll. His second Arkansas team in 2009 improved its win total by three games (don't forget how they got cheated at Tebow's top-ranked Florida as a 23 point dog, losing 23-20). U of L won nine games last fall; it's safe to say that in the second year of the Petrino system and with the same coordinators, that U of L can improve on that number. I have Florida State finishing ahead of them in the ACC, but no one else, and don't be surprised if the Cards end up in the playoff discussion. This will be the first step in getting there.

Petrino helped develop Western Kentucky quarterback Brandon Daughty into the monster that he is today (leading returning QB in yards and TD passes last season) and now has four QB's at his disposal, any of which could play today and each with different skill sets. This forced Auburn to have to game plan for each of them. On the other side, defensive coordinator Todd Grantham was at Georgia from 2010-2013 and had to prepare for Auburn four times. He knows the Gus Malzahn offense (Rhett Ashlee, the co-OC at Auburn, was also an assistant on the 2010 staff).

Everyone that is underrating the Cards note that they only return four starters on defense (nine overall), but forget about the two Georgia transfers and former Big 12 defensive player of the year that come in on that side of the ball to fortify a unit that held nine foes to 23 points or less in 2014.

Auburn lost four of their last five in 2014, including one as a 23-point home favorite to Texas A&M and the Tigers allowed 31 or more points in all but one of their final eight games. Will Muschamp's return as the DC has been much heralded but I'm not a believer in his schemes at this early stage. The STAR is out and the more traditional 4-3 returns; he'll have to find new personnel as well. Auburn lost 33 lettermen, the most of anyone in the country. On the other side of the ball, I'm not sold on the quarterback, either. He's got a few mistakes in him for the ball-hawking U of L secondary, which led the nation in interceptions a year ago and adds the two Georgia transfers to make up for the losses to the NFL.

Auburn running backs coach Tim Horton said "The one thing he always did when I coached with him for four years at Arkansas was he put a lot of emphasis and a lot of preparation time into that first game. Now we’re the first game, so we know we’re going to get their very best shot."

You can bank that. Finally, the fun and trendy stuff. Petrino is 10-0 straight up in season openers. Louisville is 9-0 as a regular season away dog since 2011.

Prediction: U of L 31, Auburn 23
The play: U of L +10.5 (i got better but this is fine) and moneyline +360 or better. Big on the spread, and medium on the ML.

In the other shit today...

UEFA Euro 16 qualifiers

Ukraine -1 -110 - 1.5u
Slovakia +1.75 even - 1u
Lithuania +0.25 -104 - 1.5u
Montenegro -1.75 -105 - 2u

US Open

8220 Young +109 - 1.5u
8223 Bellucci +1100 - 1u
8227 Tomic +340 - 1.5u
8719 Petkovic -145 - 1.5u
8721 Errani +265 - 1.5u
8728 Kerber +192 - 1u
8729 Strycova +210 - 1u

My I-AA lines...

Kansas PICK
Rutgers 35
Iowa 6
Maryland 14.5
Navals 31
Owe Miss 45
Clempson 35
Pitt 15
BC 21
Wazzou 28
S Bama 17.5
Buff 16.5
AFA 30.5
Wyo 11
Colo St 50
Miami O 4
Appy St 36
Rice 22
Mizzou 36.5
IU 16
Cal 43.5
Miami Flo 44
ECU 24
La Tech 40
Tex Tech 9
S Fla 25
Memp 20
MTenny 28
Cincy 46
K-State 29
LSU 32.5
Oreg 29.5
Iowa St 2
Houston 32
UNM 37
SD State 35

Lastly, the UFC. I will be watching the weigh ins after the football stats (with an eye on Northwestern and Jorja games for halftime purposes) and will send that card later on as well.

Feel free to ask any questions. This will be a zoo because it's the first one, but there really aren't "that" many games today, so I'll try to be around as much as I can and will surely post all halftime plays, for better or worse.

:shake:

I couldn't figure out that game going into it but Charlotte just seemed to care a lot more than Ga St.

If that Johnson kid for UNCC lasts at QB for the year, he will set an NCAA record for lost turnovers by a single player in a single season. He fumbles easily, makes bad decisions, and throws inaccurately

This is great fun for the line guys with half a clue, and has to be agonizing for all of the amateur donk line guys and shoe cobblers (thanks again, Doctor Timbo) that are just copying.

CRIS is basically telling you to come and get Alabama for whatever you want. They are saddling up to Wisconsin and giving you more than 9 hours advance warning. Everyone I've talked to is covered up with Bama money, so you can be sure they are as well. They're booking with the edge. Wisconsin don't have to cover, but 19 of their last 20 losses were by 10 or less (or less than 10, i forgot)... so they're giving you the side... and Mickey's firing a warning shot to everyone who copies his line. Love it.

Yeah VK, i got beat by a team that couldn't even accurately snap the ball to the QB out of a basic shotgun formation. I never thought it possible. If those two teams play like that all year, their combined record is a cinch to be 1-21 and neither will cover until the adjustments are made. I refuse to raise up UNC-Charlotte (okay, maybe a couple of points because of how low I had them), but I sure as hell am gonna dock GSU about 10.

always enjoy your threads Rex. Gonna tail that Louisville bet. My take on the industry: The books have become pussies. People move numbers on air, and nobody has the balls to take a side and book some action. I understand the reasons behind this, but doesn't mean I can't be pissed off about it.

Gl this year Rex, always appreciate the info.

I have been watching football since about 1984 and I have never and I mean never misread a game worse than I did with this one. Very embarrassing.

Tomorrow's writeups I will work on now; I hope to do better.

I know Charlotte redshirted some players but I'm shocked over that game.

If you have the outs, these I-AA games are going to move:

325 S D State
332 Maryland
336 Owe Miss
337 Wofford

You can go now and scalp out later if you want

Ga St still could have won that game. How many times did Ga St get over the top of that UNCC secondary and Arsuckle (I came up with that yesterday) just miss them with bad throws. Not saying a QB of his caliber rates to make all of those but UNCC is in for a very long season. There is no speed.

BOL this season Sexy. Always appreciate the info and I'll be tailing on 'ville as well.

Interested in your thoughts on Penn St, BYU and Ayyunem later today. Really like what Sumlin is doing but feel that line is sneaky short at -2.5.

I think Ayyunem will have a chance to win the SEC West, which shocks most people. I also have to respect the F/O+ numbers on Ariz St (top 20) so I am bullish on both and made the game A&M 1.5, giving them that for home field. I rate the teams even.

BYU can win outright. I made it 3.5 and am kicking myself for trying to wait out better instead of taking my 7 and going with it. It's sitting 5 at CRIS now so it's not going back. Gun to head would still take.

Penn Shit I made 5; if they don't protect a little better it'll be another long day for the QB - Temple's defense is ferocious. First one to 20 probably wins.

Based on your numbers, ville has to roll up some points today. TT o23 looks good at -105

UFC 191 plays:

Arlovski -155 med to big
Felder -440 med
Rivera +115 small to med
Collard -135 small to med
J. Silva +120 small to med

i like U of L again at half, line should be maybe 2.5 on bottom at the most, not going for more because of how I'm running with these big bets so just sitting tight... UNDER also seems right but could not bet it at less than 24

Wrong team favored in Lincoln. i am going to get involved, i was late to the wedding, hopefully i'm not on time to the funeral.

2H BYU +4 medium play

thanks trumadskilllz, could be worse but could be better.

cgreen - i still think i handicapped the game about right. look at the final score, my final projected score and realize the 14-point swing that came when Auburn had an 81 yard fumber return for a touchdown. That was U of L's best sustained drive of the day through 3 quarters.

Watching for more 2H stuff, but after starting work at 4:50 my time (6:50 EDT), it's officially time for a cocktail. I'll be working on the writeup soon of my last play of the weekend...

cgreen - i still think i handicapped the game about right. look at the final score, my final projected score and realize the 14-point swing that came when Auburn had an 81 yard fumber return for a touchdown. That was U of L's best sustained drive of the day through 3 quarters.

Was just messing around. I tailed the play so I'll take it no matter how it happened! Lol

another 5 minutes and the ensuing OT it would have.

I'm not sure what happened with the coach burning that last timeout (and the one before, though they scored) with the clock stopped. I'm sure it will come out later.

Go Wyscahnsen Bahdghders, need points.

2H Texas A&M OVER 29 -105 med

QB change could change everything; there have been 21 points and only 200-and-change yards. Offensive adjustments both ways at halftime are expected. Pregame total much higher even with the sharp (billy?) on UNDER.

Back