Rexy's Bowl Thread...

Had enough of a rough go of it in the fights that I am gonna hedge out of a piece of this side; my total live and 2H are the nuts.... but side who knows.

So...

LIVE Ariz State +4.5 -120 small for 1u

GL and good night. Back with a Clempson writeup Monday or Tuesday...

:shake:

Another blow out by a fav, thats 8 in a row. The lines are so soft,,, public all over goergia & line drops to 6, should have gone to 7. Oregon could have been -10 & public would have still been all over them. Rex , I have made reference to these lines being soft in football all year. When the public is all over a team the line should not go away from that & for some reason that has been the case in many game in nfl & cfb this year, can you explain it?

I think this is the second time you've come and said something like this to Rex and it's borderline insulting to him, myself, and anyone else in our profession to imply that it's as simple as you state and that we have no clue what we're doing. You seriously don't think every wiseguy in the world would take 10 with market 7/7.5 in that scenario? Do you really think public money outweighs sharp money? You can count on one hand the number of times public money has a bigger influence on the market than wiseguy money over the course of a year, and the Alamo Bowl sure as shit ain't one of them.

Hell, you really answered one of your own questions by saying the public was all over Georgia yet it dropped to 6...maybe that would tell you that one big bet on the dog outweighs all the small shit on the fave? Or, if it doesn't necessarily outweigh all that square money, maybe that bet is the one actually worth respecting?

You can play the result and hand-pick games where squares were right and sharps were wrong, but at the end of the day, there is always a pretty damn good reason numbers move the way they do.

I think this is the second time you've come and said something like this to Rex and it's borderline insulting to him, myself, and anyone else in our profession to imply that it's as simple as you state and that we have no clue what we're doing. You seriously don't think every wiseguy in the world would take 10 with market 7/7.5 in that scenario? Do you really think public money outweighs sharp money? You can count on one hand the number of times public money has a bigger influence on the market than wiseguy money over the course of a year, and the Alamo Bowl sure as shit ain't one of them.

Hell, you really answered one of your own questions by saying the public was all over Georgia yet it dropped to 6...maybe that would tell you that one big bet on the dog outweighs all the small shit on the fave? Or, if it doesn't necessarily outweigh all that square money, maybe that bet is the one actually worth respecting?

You can play the result and hand-pick games where squares were right and sharps were wrong, but at the end of the day, there is always a pretty damn good reason numbers move the way they do.

Took long enough but i can finally go to bed, the 2H OVER finally got there. gnite and all responses are welcome as always in here. Clempson writeup coming soon and if it somehow amazingly goes up anymore i will be plowing into them for more.

The I-AA National Championship game has some good reads below (links):

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160106113301557702804&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/jacksonville_state_looking_to.html#incart_river_index

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160107164647430463504&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160107175653679491204&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160107200608118540708&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20160105124807556106608&ref=rec&tm=309&src=CFB

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...state-football-frisco-texas-ndsus-second-home

I made Jacksonville State the slight favorite here, so even though it will be like them playing a road game, I'll ride the top-ranked Gamecocks here to dethrone the four-time champs.

Prediction: Jacksonville State 34, North Dakota State 24
The play: JSU +3 flat for 1.5u and +130 ML for 1u also.

GL! Back later with Clempson/Bama writeup.

Two teams have emerged ahead of all the others in college football, and they'll meet Monday night at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona to decide the national champion. Once-beaten Alabama just shut out Big 10 champion Michigan State 38-0 in the Cotton Bowl to earn its trip to Phoenix, while Clempson remained unbeaten by blasting Oklahoma 37-17 in the Orange Bowl. The Tigers have the chance to finish as the first team in the history of college football to record a 15-0 record.

Certainly, a case can be made for Alabama. The Crimson Tide had one slip-up against the nation's toughest schedule, a turnover-filled fiasco at home against Ole Miss. Since then, first-year starting quarterback Jake Coker has played as efficiently as any Bama quarterback in many years. Running back Derrick Henry won the Heisman Trophy based on a season where he broke the SEC's record for yards - ahead of one-named legends like Bo and Herschel.

Saban's ability to effectively pilot similar Bama teams to this level - and succeed three times - has many folks eager to lay the tariff and count on another effective and methodical beatdown.

But that won't happen.

Chad Kelly threw for 341 yards and three scores in Tuscaloosa back on Sept. 19 as the Rebels held off a furious Alabama rally. Kelly also transferred out of Clempson to Ole Miss because he was never going to beat out Deshaun Watson at quarterback. Watson is now 17-0 in college games where he has started and finished healthy. The sophomore has many weapons at his disposal and has piloted the Tiger attack to at least 500 yards in 10 straight games. Clemson scored at least 20 in every game and more than 40 six times.

Watson is a dual-threat quarterback, having ran for 100 or more yards in five of his last six games. His average in that span is 108 yards per game and 5.9 yards per carry. He is the kind of quarterback that has given Saban and his defense fits in recent seasons. Ole Miss, Auburn and Ohio State are among foes since late November of last season that had run/pass option quarterbacks and each flourished against outgoing defensive coordinator Kirby Smart's tactics. The Tigers also like to play at a very fast pace, which also gives Bama fits because they are unable to substitute liberally up front (5-star players for more 5-star players).

Running back Wayne Gallman, also a sophomore, has 54 carries for 337 yards in his last two games, wins over North Carolina and Oklahoma. The O-Line is more physical than earlier Tiger teams under eighth-year coach Dabo Swinney.

On the other side, the Clempson D-Line is fantastic. It is very athletic and disruptive, and the secondary is probably the best in the nation. Oklahoma's rushing attack ranked near the top of the nation, yet the Tigers allowed OU to just 2.0 yards per carry in the Orange Bowl. Samaje Perine averaged 162 yards in the last three Sooner victories, yet had just 58 yards on 15 carries in the Orange Bowl. OU quarterback Baker Mayfield tossed two interceptions after throwing just five all season.

Clempson is 4-0 against ranked teams, but all four of those teams finished the season in the top 10 of the CFB Playoff Ratings. On the other hand, Alabama had beaten no one inside the top 11 until the Michigan State game.

Even then, the 38-0 final score is somewhat misleading (taking away the fact that MSU was always going to struggle to score). The Tide picked off a pass in the end zone that would have cut the halftime lead to three, and the first two second half touchdowns came after a very questionable replay and on a 57-yard punt return.

Make no mistake, anyone was going to struggle with Alabama in that game. Saban's group is the only school in the four-team playoff that also qualified last season, and Ohio State emasculated the Tide in the Sugar Bowl, rushing for 281 yards in the 42-35 win. Things were almost certainly going to be different in terms of preparation this season; Saban rarely loses with extra prep time but neither does Urban Meyer. The extra prep time that Bama had for MSU doesn't necessarily exist here, as these teams will have just 10 days rest before meeting in the desert.

Swinney has also done a more than respectable job in his last four bowl games going back to 2012; the Tigers have won all of them outright as an underdog - and against LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Oklahoma. They're not beating Kentucky in the Music City Bowl here. Swinney is 46-7 in his last 53 games and won't be overmatched here. He's an Alabama native, a former Crimson Tide receiver and assistant coach.

Interestingly enough, most of Clempson's most revered head coaches are from Alabama and all played football for the Tide (Frank Howard, Charley Pell, Hootie Ingram and Danny Ford are the other four I found without doing too much work in addition to Swinney). His staff also has three assistants who were once assistants at Bama. Dabo won't be intimidated; neither will his team. That's half the battle when playing Alabama in these types of spots. Dabo said it best earlier this week when asked about his chances.

"It ain't rocket science. We're either good enough or we're not," Swinney said on a teleconference.

You're good enough, coach. You're good enough.

Prediction: Clempson 36, Alabama 19
The play: Clempson +7 big, for 6u

34-18 and +25.49 on the bowl season, Dwight. Getting the last one right would be a fitting end. I just can't bet CU on the moneyline because, like in the Super Bowl, you get cheated when trying to bet the dog in those spots. It's way cheaper than the math dictates. But the line is wrong to begin with.

I really had a rough go right from when I got home until basically when I left. If I had stayed in Costa Rica the whole time, I might be up around 40 units. I think there was a stretch after about Dec. 22 or so for a week i think i went 6-12 and lost 23-plus units.

Congrats on the excellent bowl season! Nicely done.

Interestingly enough, most of Clempson's most revered head coaches are from Alabama and all played football for the Tide (Frank Howard, Charley Pell, Hootie Ingram and Danny Ford are the other four I found without doing too much work in addition to Swinney). His staff also has three assistants who were once assistants at Bama. Dabo won't be intimidated; neither will his team.

I agree. The fact that Swinney played at, and won a national title with UA, means that he won't be awed by the Bama mystique and won't be intimidated. Moreover, he should be able to convince his players -- "Look at me! I'm a Bama champion! They ain't that special!"

I'm certainly glad to see you backing the Tigers.

For historical completeness, I would point out that Clemson also has major historical ties to Auburn, especially from the early years. Clemson's first head coach, Walter Riggs had played at Auburn (and later became the Clemson U. president), and Riggs was replaced by John Heisman, who was hired away from Auburn.

Congrats on the excellent bowl season! Nicely done.

I agree. The fact that Swinney played at, and won a national title with UA, means that he won't be awed by the Bama mystique and won't be intimidated. Moreover, he should be able to convince his players -- "Look at me! I'm a Bama champion! They ain't that special!"

I'm certainly glad to see you backing the Tigers.

For historical completeness, I would point out that Clemson also has major historical ties to Auburn, especially from the early years. Clemson's first head coach, Walter Riggs had played at Auburn (and later became the Clemson U. president), and Riggs was replaced by John Heisman, who was hired away from Auburn.

Love this history

lmao freak, they might score 37 in the first half. This Alabama defense has faced sub-par SEC offenses all season. Now they get the best player in football and the most balanced run/pass offense in the country. They'll be outmatched and overwhelmed here much the same as they were against Ohio Shit last year.

lmao freak, they might score 37 in the first half. This Alabama defense has faced sub-par SEC offenses all season. Now they get the best player in football and the most balanced run/pass offense in the country. They'll be outmatched and overwhelmed here much the same as they were against Ohio Shit last year.

They were balanced. They won't be balanced Monday night. And if they can't run, and they won't be able to, that offense is pretty much dead and stinking. The absolute high water mark for Clemson is 17 points, and I doubt they get there. 7-14 is a much more reasonable expectation.

It would take Clemson three games to score 37 points. If they win, it'll be 10-9.

Kind of what I was thinking. We haven't lost by 17 points in over 10 years. Clemson may win, but I have a hard time thinking 36-19 is the score.

LOL at outmatched and overwhelmed. Clemson has great players. Maybe even the best one as you state. Buckeye played a near perfect game to win by 7. This Clemson team isn't as talented as Ohio St, last year or this year. Like I said, they may win, but not because they overmatch Alabama

haha

GL Tico. I certainly enjoy your college football posts. the one thing i disagree with you an MW about is the sens that Dabo went to Bama and the assts went there.....I don't think any of that matters. Clemson will be plenty of motivated enough w/o those comparisons or strategies.

nothing to do with motivation and everything to do with NOT being intimidated, regarding Dabo and the Clempson coaches. Ohio State scored 35 last year and this offense is better than that one, and Clempson has less prep time for the Bammer coaches to stop them. 37 is the bare minimum and I stand by it... Good health to those against.

Any gut feel on which way this line might move today Rex? Sitting at -7 -120 at my book and don't want to lose the 7.....Thanks in advance for any thoughts and GL in the Big Game.

Sharp on Clempson which is why i took the 7 flat when i could (documented last week in this thread, check the line history when i bet it (post 73, got 3.5 then and 2.5u later for 6u total on Clempson).

So tough to say as I always have far more trouble figuring out which way the line will move when the public gets so heavily involved. Two places I am looking now show bet count of about 13-to-7 on bama and money about 19-to-10 if I average them out. All about exposure. As a bookmaker i would treat this game as any other so 6.5 flat would be my price, in line with the market with a Clempson shade. But if the exposure starts to get out of hand later, some folks will panic most likely and you will probably get a 7 flat again or better. My advice would be to wait. I might go for more Tigers as well, running good, feeling frisky and really think they dominate the proceedings. We'll see.

Gotta love how bama fans take this opinion so personal lol. Good Lord, tossing n turning in bed probably,"how can this guy say we are going to lose to Clemson!?!?"

Gotta love how bama fans take this opinion so personal lol. Good Lord, tossing n turning in bed probably,"how can this guy say we are going to lose to Clemson!?!?"

Im not a regular here anymore but you are by far the biggest tool on the board. All up in every thread mentioning bama. Love your hate. Get fucked

They were balanced. They won't be balanced Monday night. And if they can't run, and they won't be able to, that offense is pretty much dead and stinking. The absolute high water mark for Clemson is 17 points, and I doubt they get there. 7-14 is a much more reasonable expectation.

agree

. . . and that's why they call Rexy "King!"

Great call on the game!!! I sure didn't think they would be able to score the way they did, but you were spot on as usual!!!

Great job and great season!!!

I turned it off at 2min with Bama on the 1/2 yd line, thinking the cover was done.

Good call sir. I hadn't read it before, but you called it very well.(Clemson O)
Thanks for all you do , sir.

Back