Rest of January Discussion Thread...

Lakers came in and controlled the last 26 minutes of this game.

LeBron was terrific.

Milwaukee is not in the Lakers league whatsoever right now.

Cramps chasing rings, chasing Jordan.

Now that he knows he's got the 'best' team in the league, he ain't gonna lapse on his quest to get as many as he can before retirement.

Mucks desperately need another scorer. If they succeeded in the Bogdan trade, that would have put them right there. Donte starting at the #2 ain't it.

Thibs being stubborn tonight and it’s costing us. Payton, Burks, bullock, quickley all can’t hit the side of a barn tonight yet he’s still got them in there. Let someone else get a shot. Don’t need Payton to keep shooting when he’s 3-11

What am I missing? Booker had 31 last night and is out tonight. Denver still won and couldn't hit a three(6-26) and dominated in the paint 80-48. Booker is the catalyst of that offense. Suns are on 3 in 4 days. Den -2 seems low.

Locking this in early, Sunday night 10pm my Knicks +3.5 and +145 ml at Portland. Love the Knicks in this spot. Lost a winnable game the other night at sac on 2nd game of a b2b, just didn’t have their legs but still had a chance to win late. Now they head to Portland, a team who plays zero d, and that was even when they had nurkic and CJ. Both are out and I see this much like the Gsw game. Dame is gonna get his, but Payton and co will make him work for it, and port won’t have enough other scoring to keep up. Fully expect a win here

Meant to bet it today but forgot. Sabonis rebs against raps. Always suck against good big men that want to rebound. Will hit it tomorrow

Locking this in early, Sunday night 10pm my Knicks +3.5 and +145 ml at Portland. Love the Knicks in this spot. Lost a winnable game the other night at sac on 2nd game of a b2b, just didn’t have their legs but still had a chance to win late. Now they head to Portland, a team who plays zero d, and that was even when they had nurkic and CJ. Both are out and I see this much like the Gsw game. Dame is gonna get his, but Payton and co will make him work for it, and port won’t have enough other scoring to keep up. Fully expect a win here
Routine

Rookie dropping 31 is a little telling..confidence is everything...knicks have never looked this good thought more of mitchell but that dude just starting playing ball 5 yrs ago!! Lol Randle always been a gamer...cant wait for the celts to get revenge

LeMVP with a virtuoso performance tonight in Cleveland.

Guy is playing his best ball since he became a Laker.

Scary thought.

Who would stand to benefit most minutes and shot wise for the jazz with Mitchell out?

ive never played dfs with nba but decided to leave like 50 bucks in when I cashed out for the year and see if I can crack the code! Seems really hard tho cause all the name players are so expensive you really can’t use many, and have to find a lot of points out the scrap heap to afford any the guys I assume you gotta have who drop those 30 point double and triple doubles! Anyone else play nba dfs or fantasy and have some pointers?

Scary thought.

him and Brady drinking the same “water”.

think he shooting 3s better than he ever has, as if he wasn’t impossible to defend when you could let him have those!! That at least makes a little sense, when he runs these guys down and blocks layups and does the double clutch dunks I just shake my head, Jordan had nothing by this point and Lebron getting better!!!

Scary thought.

What are you talking about? LeMVP just had a successful surgery. He's 'out indefinitely,' but does not require further treatment.

I know it’s been mentioned many times but how bad is stotts as a coach. 3 minutes straight in the 4th q in a 1 pt game of just terrible offensive sets. Do the bench players have any clue what to do offensively?

I know it’s been mentioned many times but how bad is stotts as a coach. 3 minutes straight in the 4th q in a 1 pt game of just terrible offensive sets. Do the bench players have any clue what to do offensively?
It is astonishing he's last this long

Continued pretty much the whole fourth, as soon as lilard came in they trapped or doubled and looks like it’s the first time that has ever happened to them.

Continued pretty much the whole fourth, as soon as lilard came in they trapped or doubled and looks like it’s the first time that has ever happened to them.
As bad as he is you’ve got Nurkic, cj, Covington out, 3/5 of your starting lineup and not like Jones jr is a scorer so not many options out there

As bad as he is you’ve got Nurkic, cj, Covington out, 3/5 of your starting lineup and not like Jones jr is a scorer so not many options out there
I agree but fuck run some kind of set, all they did were get trapped or throw it into melo in the post. And half the time kanter was on the 3 pt line with a guy 6” shorter than him covering him. Got the +5 so I’m happy but that team is not good right now

I agree but fuck run some kind of set, all they did were get trapped or throw it into melo in the post. And half the time kanter was on the 3 pt line with a guy 6” shorter than him covering him. Got the +5 so I’m happy but that team is not good right now
They are a complete mess. Should have popped hou live when they were down like 20 lol

Man I hate the nba, how can you have a 20 pt lead in the first q and then be down at half

I rarely bet nba before playoffs, always bet the xmas games, mlk day, but for most part I don’t pay any attention to regular season. Ive always felt it way more situational angles than actually capping numbers as we rarely get consistent performances, I hate trying to figure out which team cares any given night!

Most years it doesn’t matter to me cause ncaa hoops takes up a ton of my free time so never had the need to screw with nba, unfortunately for 1st time in a decade I Havnt followed ncaa hoops, initially I just couldn’t get into it without fans as that half the greatness of college hoops imo!! Then I just didn’t have as much time, and now can’t find the desire to get myself caught up and try to figure out the effects Rona and empty gyms has had! Thus leaving me trying to figure out NBA dfs cause now with nothing else going I’m in need of some excitement and playing with numbers!! The dfs route just feels like a way I can get involved/spike my interest without much risk and outside chance of decent rewards!! Lol.

im in need of pointers tho, I havnt yet figured out how to balance my rosters and score enough points to get into the money of tournaments!! Way back in the day I did really well playing ncaa hoops dfs so I have a general idea of how to go about hoops, difference it seems with nba it very star driven and any given night one the big names hanging huge numbers it hard to overcome but their price tags so high you can’t have many in your lineup!! I gotta find the no-name grinders who put up lot of other stats like rebounds/assist/steals/blocks!!

I rarely bet nba before playoffs, always bet the xmas games, mlk day, but for most part I don’t pay any attention to regular season. Ive always felt it way more situational angles than actually capping numbers as we rarely get consistent performances, I hate trying to figure out which team cares any given night!

Most years it doesn’t matter to me cause ncaa hoops takes up a ton of my free time so never had the need to screw with nba, unfortunately for 1st time in a decade I Havnt followed ncaa hoops, initially I just couldn’t get into it without fans as that half the greatness of college hoops imo!! Then I just didn’t have as much time, and now can’t find the desire to get myself caught up and try to figure out the effects Rona and empty gyms has had! Thus leaving me trying to figure out NBA dfs cause now with nothing else going I’m in need of some excitement and playing with numbers!! The dfs route just feels like a way I can get involved/spike my interest without much risk and outside chance of decent rewards!! Lol.

im in need of pointers tho, I havnt yet figured out how to balance my rosters and score enough points to get into the money of tournaments!! Way back in the day I did really well playing ncaa hoops dfs so I have a general idea of how to go about hoops, difference it seems with nba it very star driven and any given night one the big names hanging huge numbers it hard to overcome but their price tags so high you can’t have many in your lineup!! I gotta find the no-name grinders who put up lot of other stats like rebounds/assist/steals/blocks!!
It's always soccer season :soccerballhead::drunkfest:

Man I hate the nba, how can you have a 20 pt lead in the first q and then be down at half

ncaa isn’t a whole lot different. Just in general hoops has this a lot, even more now days since the game has pretty much turned into a 3 point contest. That style of play lends itself to huge runs!! When a team making them amd the other isnt 20 point leads come and then evaporate quickly! Ive never liked having my team jump out to a early 20 point lead which just silly. I think ya almost have to live bet against your original play and hope for middles!

It's always soccer season :soccerballhead::drunkfest:

I didn’t realize that till recently!! You hadn’t come back yet as I attempted to learn soccer with them being the 1st back in the pandemic! I actually had a lot of fun and now enjoy soccer more than I ever did. I kept saying it was gonna become a full time endeavor for me when others returned but it didn’t really happen. The thing I dislike the most is I never really figured out a lot of numbers that could be interpreted in many ways to try and cap the game/put a line on!! It was way more reading and watching which fine but I enjoy numbers the most, which why I’m one of few ppl left who loves baseball! Easily quantifiable with numbers!!

I didn’t realize that till recently!! You hadn’t come back yet as I attempted to learn soccer with them being the 1st back in the pandemic! I actually had a lot of fun and now enjoy soccer more than I ever did. I kept saying it was gonna become a full time endeavor for me when others returned but it didn’t really happen. The thing I dislike the most is I never really figured out a lot of numbers that could be interpreted in many ways to try and cap the game/put a line on!! It was way more reading and watching which fine but I enjoy numbers the most, which why I’m one of few ppl left who loves baseball! Easily quantifiable with numbers!!
I may not have been able to post but don't think I didn't see you going down futbol junkie road. Champions League knockout stage starts in mid Feb, already have several plays in. In the meantime league matches have been entertaining/dramatic. I really only do Europe though.

I may not have been able to post but don't think I didn't see you going down futbol junkie road. Champions League knockout stage starts in mid Feb, already have several plays in. In the meantime league matches have been entertaining/dramatic. I really only do Europe though.

I havnt been to soccer forum in forever. Assuming you post in there? I will start trying to get back into now that I have you to answer questions!! Lol

some guys I talk with at other places told me I needed to get into smaller leagues but I stuck with the main Europe leagues as well. I’m sure they know what they talking about and able to find softer lines on the more obscure but if Was just way easier to find info and get to watch the more popular leagues.

Another full card last night and another pathetic dfs effort where I was 40 points out of any money! God I suck at this!!

Is Memphis finally gonna get back on court tonight? How have teams faired their 1st game back from extended covid layoff?

Back