Regarding the Raptors injuries

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
IMO, the PG injury is toughest to tolerate.

TJ Ford is doubtful according to Donbest.
Calderon is Questionable, but he desperately wants to play.

from this article:

Calderon said:
"I can't put too much weight on my ankle right now, but I feel better," he told reporters in Toronto yesterday. "I can play today, if I have to. Right now it's just pain. With a little pain I am going to play for sure. Right now in my mind, I'm waiting for that day. If I have to have treatment five times a day, I'll do it because I want to play."

From This Article.

Asked about the status of his guards for Friday's game (8 p.m. ET), Raptors coach Sam Mitchell would divulge nothing

"Not a clue," the coach said before his team boarded a flight to New Jersey. "Whoever is healthy, that's who's going to play. No use in worrying about it. If they can play, they'll play. If they can't, we go on, move forward."

To be frank, I think the chances of the Nets losing tomorrow are quite remote. I expect TJ won't play, and it doesn't sound to me like Jose is in much better shape. On top of those losses, the Nets know what home field means in the playoffs (they sure as shit don't want to head back to Toronto for a game 7), and I think the extensive experience of the Old Guys will win out. ...and I think it'll very likely be a blowout.

What this surprise of Mitchell's is...well that's anyone's guess, but it strikes me as trying to do something new and exciting in a whole day's worth of practice with no starting PGs. GL with that new style centered around Juan Dixon there, Sam....

:cheers:

I cant see TJ playing either and although I like Claderon I think the loss of Ford really kills them..Its hard to see any way the Nets lose this game

some recent items of note....

New Jersey is 8-0-1 ATS in its last 9 games
New Jersey is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
New Jersey is 4-0-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Toronto

Toronto is 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games

Home team is 8-2-1 ATS in the last 11 meetings.

I'll be taking the Nets spread tomorrow......here's to scratching away at that horrible mistake I made today...

I dont think Jersey's chances of losing are remote, I think they're nigh on impossibly improbable. Meaning something like an in-game injury or ejection will be needed for them to fail to win this SU, imo.

To me they all but threw* game 5 (even given the 2nd half come-back, which I think was simply built on a nothing-to-lose attitude that cost them little in the way of emotional/psychological energy). Toronto emptied the tank (witness their 1st period start) and they still came away scraping out a win.

*by not investing the energy [via intent] to win that game, saving it for game 6.

There are, in reality, very few truly shocking results in sports, as far as I see (I wouldnt even call the Warriors series win shocking, since they had recent statistical history against the Mavs to show what they did wasnt built on thin air). One might say one was the other day when the Chinese boat beat the then unbeaten Oracle in the Louis Vuitton Cup, but even then that was the Oracle B crew. Toronto winning this game would rank somewhere up there imo.

I found out Sam Mitchell's surprise. He bought everyone on the team a ticket to HAWAII!!!. VC gonna go off tomorrow. That's what he's been doing at home. The spread has been -4 when the game has been played in NJ. Now it's 7.5. Even without the Raptor's injuries I would take NJ -7.

Ray, I'll think long and hard about it. But I have to say I'd lean more towards Jersey ATS before the Under. If they run rampant Toronto might be happy to simply play a tit for tat game scoring wise.

Under concerns me because the number's so low...

Tyrone, I hope you're right.

Good shit, BC. GL bro.

I think a give and take scoring game especially a game 6 with injuries. I thnk Toronto puts Dixon in and reverts back to running and gunning.

If anyone has time and wants to listen...

http://www.fan590.com/mediaplayer/mediaPlayer2.jsp

They are talking all day bout raps/nets tonight mostly bout PG situation
Chuck Swirksy (raps play by play) is on 1 - 4 pm

Also note

The team that has won the 1Q has won every game in the series

For Toronto to have any chance they need to come out strong 1q

Game 1 1q - 23-22 nets (96-91)
Game 2 1q - 14-12 raps (89-83)
Game 3 1q - 31-19 nets (102-89)
Game 4 1q - 32-15 nets (102-81)
Game 5 1q - 33-13 raps (98-96)

Back