Recruiting - Top Players who are Uncommited

I understand that.. but their defense is sick and that will win them games.

I am just sayin that its a bold statement to say oh south carolina will win a title real soon when you have guys like Stafford and Teebo in the same side of the division and south carolina will have who? Some guy who has never taken a college snap.. exactly my point. If steve stays and coaches another 7 years until hes in his 70s then maybe but i dont see him stayin too long

Ok well I will bite on this...

First I will start with the offense. O-Line has 3/5 back, the biggest loss is center Chris White who started for two yrs. The other guy on the OL played the last 5games. Two OL who won jobs to begin the yr dropped early in the season with injuries. One has to imagine Blake Mitchell gets better in 07 and Boyd/Davis will be one of the best rb combos in that league behind Arky, maybe that little duo in UGA or Tenn.

WR'S -Who is going to replace Sidney? Not one guy, its going to be a collection of receivers. 5-6 different guys will be getting looks besides McKinnley.. The WR's will be deep, fresh legs, and the routes are designed to get them open.. JUCO WR Freeman will have his chance to step in right away and has similar size as Rice.

You can name players all you want, HS all Americans and all that. SC hasnt had many of those names in recent yrs but they have been competing with the SEC with inferior talent. I don't know why but they usually are in the game late only to do something typical of SC and lose in the 4th. 07' is a yr to come out of no where and ambush the east much the same way Arkansas hit the West this yr. Why? Here is why.. Yes Syvelle Newton, Rice, Chris White, and Fred Bennet are gone...Thats it though...

So now you have a team who returns 10 on defense, about 14players total and they get their best dlinemen back from injury, throw in a few JUCO's (Brinkley twins from last yr is proof they can be an impact) and you have a very deep defense. The front 7 will be nasty, the question marks remain in the secondary and that will be the weakest link to this defense..If the secondary can hold up, the same secondary that giftwrapped points for Auburn, Arky, Tenn, and Houston, then this defense will be very sound. They gave up over 31 points one time last yr, that was to Tennessee, again 14 of those were handed to them on a silver platter.

Also, the teams 2nd leading tackler in 05' who missed last season will be joining the team for the 07 season.

Last 2yrs against the big guys of the SEC...

06: 0-18 UGA, 17-24 Auburn, 24-31 Tennessee, 20-26 Arky, 16-17 Florida.

05: 15-17 UGA, 14-37 Bama, 7-48 Auburn, 16-15 Tennessee, 14-10 Arky, 30-22 Florida.

The schedule features some rough road games but it is manageable. For the season to start rolling the right way it starts with the UGA game. SC can be 3-0 going into LSU where they will prob suffer a loss. Get on a little run and come to another very important season changing game with Tennessee at Knoxville.

There is a reason to be optimistic in 07 if you are in Columbia. UF must replace 9 on defense, UGA must replace 4 on the line, and took hits along the defense and the same with Tennessee. I really think it is going to come down to UT vs SC for the East in 07, crazy I know.

I will admit, after 07 it is going to get harder because of the wealth of talent coming in but there is no reason SC can't pick off a few teams in 07 and end up with the East. 10-2 is not out landish. If you get to the SEC-CG, who knows maybe a rematch with LSU, anything can happen. :drink:

:cheers: To whatever happens

:cheers: To Mr. McKnight

:cheers: To you guys putting up with me

:down: To Saban and Carroll

yo, let's not get personal fellas...

but here is my opinion. Carrol is not to be fucked with and is a helluva coach, not becasue ESPN says so or anything.

It is the way he approaches the game, the players love to play for him He is passionate, running up and down the sideline and knowing exactly what the fuck he is doing at the same time. He makes second half adjustments better than any coach in america.

I guarantee you if you found a log on whether USC has covered a second half spread over the last 4 years it would be hitting at a 65 percent clip.

Bottom line is kids want to go there, he wins and he not only wins, he destroys a lot of the competition.

SEC is a damn good conference but I truly believe Carrol and USC are on another level, and believe me I am not a USC fan, but an informed observer.

I seriously doubt lane kiffin or steve sarkisian alone would pull in class after class like this and have it translate on the field every year.

THe guy is doing something right.

PG..it is frustrating...USC pulled Michigans top player out of our backyard too. Believe me, I understand. I have learned to accept it because there is no better recruiter than carrol.

Thank you hunt .. i mean norm chow is gone and usc is still winning. He is still getting players and losing all of his coordinaters to discredit what hes done is an injustice and basically pure hatred. ESPN has nothing to do with beating oklahoma 66 - 14 when OU had dominated everyone before that. Pete is a pure genius and perfect for the college game.
He is the most personable coach out there, and kids want to play for him. I find it funny that LA's best player would leave the state and go to usc when they already had a huge rb signing...Like i said let the haters hate and say oh they dont play anyone.. but i can promise you they wil be in the title game at least twice more in the next 4 years.

I agree abcs.

No reason USC will not continue to be a dynasty as long as Pete is there.

I agree abcs.

No reason USC will not continue to be a dynasty as long as Pete is there.

Agree here and thats why I orginally said I enjoy watching them so much. The talent out there is amazing.

They have (8) 5* rb's on the roster with their two latest additions.... I would say about 110 teams in the country don't have (8) 5star kids on the team!

Lastly on SC in 07'

You will know right before the season how good of a team SC will be when Spurrier talks in the preseason. He will not set himself up to be beating down with some off the wall comments later in the season. He has been conservative with the teams the last two years by saying "If we win more than we lose" but now he is starting to talk with a little more confidence..

Quotes from yesterday

"Beating Clemson, if you guys remember, I said right after the game that this is the breakthrough game that may change Carolina Football forever. Since that game, good things have happened to us. We were able to get the bowl bid, win that game somehow and get some momentum going into the recruiting season. So, that game was very helpful and I hope we can look back and again say that was the breakthrough game that maybe changed Carolina Football forever."

"Our current guys were super and continue to be super. Class attendance, workouts have been by far the best since we have been here. We don't have any problem with guys right now. It has been a fun bunch to work with. Mark Smith (strength and conditioning coach) has been happy now instead of complaining all the time. Players are on time, going to class and finally getting in a good habit to do things the right way. I want to brag on our current players right now also as we talk about the new recruits that are coming in." "We have excellent leaders. The Brinkley brothers, the Lindsey brothers, we have two sets of twins on defense that have been good leaders. Cory (Boyd) and Mike (Davis), Kenny McKinley, Jamon Meredith and Blake Mitchell; these guys are going to everything and are leading by example, which is what we need around here."

"So we've had a lot of good positives around here since that Clemson game," Spurrier said. "It seems like Clemson's guys have had some negatives, haven't they? Their bowl game wasn't a lot of fun. They're losing guys to FSU, losing them to academics. They're losing them all over the place, aren't they?"

He is starting to talk a little smack

Last edited:
I like the direction South Carolina is going in...helluva recruiting class green, you have a lot to be excited about.

Fun thread.

I hope USC gets put on probation as they should so these kids can rojo's mom can put their foots in their mouths.

I like the direction South Carolina is going in...helluva recruiting class green, you have a lot to be excited about.

I agree, I think there are many reasons to be excited...

I will say this is the first time in 4yrs that I have been at the school that there have been no off season issues and the kids are actually taking a leadership role. Who knows when the last time that happened. If Spurrier is happy, I am happy.

The shitty part about this, I graduate in May and will be stuck with ESPN Gameplan watching games and they will prob end up doing something really good this yr because I will not in Columbia to attend the games.

pete caroll is one of the top 5 coaches ever in college football. his resume is second to none. after this year he will have 2.5 NCs and 5 or 6 BCS appearances all in about 7 years. unheard of. yes anyone can coach that team to 10 wins however you need to get those players there and thats art of his job and personality that is unmatched. also there were plenty of time this year and last year where 2nd half adjustments needed to made and they were. and one more point you have to be humble and keep your team humble to get everyones best shot for the past 5 years and lose a mere 4 games or something like that. unbelievable how you can bring spurier into this conversation. anyways look foward to more debates in this offseason FUCK hahaha

Troy I guess you make some great points. Most importantly it can be good bad or ugly as long as its college football talk.
Carroll is a GREAT coach and USC has accomplished some amazing feats over the past 5-6 years. The 3 Heismans in itself is amazing.

You got to admit though Carroll needs to do something with that Flowbee he uses for his hairdo.

Seems USC has another recruiting violation according to ESPN. Seems they put Joe Mcknight on a 3 way call with Carroll and Reggie Bush to asure him that they won't be getting put on probation.

That's a big time no-no as former athletes arn't allowed to recruit. USC sure seems to get away with a ton of shit.

FYI Also expect OU to be put on probation in April. Supposedley the NCAA isn't to happy with OU's slap in the face report and all the covering up going on. Seeing as how the basketball team and gymnastics team (yes OU even tries to cheat in Yag ass gymnastics) just got busted the admin isn't looking to pretty.

Oh well they've been our bitch the two years but if that happens look for Texas and LSU to improve drastically as they will gobble up all the Texas recruits.

Back