Recruiting - Top Players who are Uncommited

Devine to WVU, got some friends up there getting their panties all wet

From rivals..

Just when you thought the recruiting saga of North Fort Myers, Fla. running back Noel Devine was over with his commitment to West Virginia, things aren't so simple. Now it appears that Devine won't be signing with anyone.

Devine will be in juco or prep ball.. he cant spell college.

BTW USC's 2 and 3 deep are loaded with 5 stars.. I think they have signed a # 1 lb the past 5 years.. Keith Rivers and Rey are just filthy..

They should be top 3 for the next 6 years..or until pete leaves, then ill leave uscs bandwagon as well ;)

As a CFB fan, I do not want to see him leave for atleast 5-6yrs.. I would like to see that mini-NFL team play a few more times with the best coach in CFB.

There is a hell of a lot of talent on that team, if Moody or Gable are not getting it done back there, there are 2 more top backs in the nation to give it a try.. They now have eight five-star running back recruits on the roster..

I am really looking forward to seeing Hazelton play.

Last edited:
Hazelton and Turner along with an improved Fred Davis off tha chain!!

yeah, the list goes on at USC. Amazing talent all around and who wouldn't want to play for Pete Carroll?

I am confused. So which is it? USC has ungodly talent or Pete Carroll is the best college coach in the world. If both were true surely they would have one more than one BCS national championship over the past 5 years.

Which is it the chicken or the egg?

One last question where are the home base of operations for rivals.com and scout.com whatever the two "accredited" sites are?

I havent a clue just curious if the locations are in relation to higher rankings for schools in those areas or recruits of the colleges in the area.

I am confused. So which is it? USC has ungodly talent or Pete Carroll is the best college coach in the world. If both were true surely they would have one more than one BCS national championship over the past 5 years.

They have 2 championships.. as of right now.. THey have played in the championship game another time. Are u discrediting the run pete and usc has gone on? What has LSU done during that time period? Would u like to compare :down: ? They won the rose bowl this year and finished in the top 5 after losing 2 heismans and their starting rb, lmao when that is your down year :shake:

I think only losing 3 or 4 games in the past 4 years is pretty impressive.

They were in 2 of the last 3 championship games, and are considered champions of 2 of the last 4. They just so happened to run into one of the best College QB's who put his team on his back and ran to victory, Mr. Young otherwise 06 is theirs as well..

Sure they got a ungodly amount of talent but wasn't that LSU team "the most talented in the nation" this yr? Carrol wins the NC, not loses 2 games with that team.. That is the difference from being a good college coach and one of the best in the game..

Having talent is one thing, Developing it is a whole nother story.

Carrol will have this team back in the NC for 3 of the last 4 yrs with a chance to be considered champions of 3 of the last 5.. That is pretty damn impressive..

I think only losing 3 or 4 games in the past 4 years is pretty impressive.

Exactly, Thats what impresses me most..

Apples and Oranges

I don't remember claiming LSU was the best team ever or had the best coach in the history of the planet. I think people GREATLY overestimate the talents of Pete Carrol. He hasnt exactly lit up the world everywhere he has been. He is at a PRIME place at a PRIME time (internet age, NFL salaries, media-rivals-ESPN) and has BY FAR the best players for many years now. He plays in an average conference and STILL manages to lose one in game conference a year. And you tell me that Petey could play in the SEC and have go undefeated with our team. Is it possible sure....BUT he couldnt have thrown the balls for Russell or kept him from fumbling.

These are kids playing this game and everyone seems to forget that.

I just think its funny that people dont see that USC gets blown by ESPN.

Joe McKnight went from ho hum high rated running back to Mr. Everything when he signed with USC. The ESPN page turned a different color and the world had a much nicer spin. USC has been is and will be a great team. McKnight said the reason he picked them is Petey called a guy when he brought up the Bush situation and the guy told him all is clear.
I hope for his sake Petey and this "guy" turn out to be right.

I HATE USC and it still doesnt balance the man love that abcs holds for them. I will leave them alone until August and then its back to Trojan Bashing.

I was speaking situationally about how "great" Pete is.
He is clearly in the top 5 current NCAA coaches.
Thats where I would stop.

Apples and Oranges

I don't remember claiming LSU was the best team ever or had the best coach in the history of the planet. I think people GREATLY overestimate the talents of Pete Carrol. He hasnt exactly lit up the world everywhere he has been. He is at a PRIME place at a PRIME time (internet age, NFL salaries, media-rivals-ESPN) and has BY FAR the best players for many years now. He plays in an average conference and STILL manages to lose one in game conference a year. And you tell me that Petey could play in the SEC and have go undefeated with our team. Is it possible sure....BUT he couldnt have thrown the balls for Russell or kept him from fumbling.

These are kids playing this game and everyone seems to forget that.

I just think its funny that people dont see that USC gets blown by ESPN.

Joe McKnight went from ho hum high rated running back to Mr. Everything when he signed with USC. The ESPN page turned a different color and the world had a much nicer spin. USC has been is and will be a great team. McKnight said the reason he picked them is Petey called a guy when he brought up the Bush situation and the guy told him all is clear.
I hope for his sake Petey and this "guy" turn out to be right.

I HATE USC and it still doesnt balance the man love that abcs holds for them. I will leave them alone until August and then its back to Trojan Bashing.

I was speaking situationally about how "great" Pete is.
He is clearly in the top 5 current NCAA coaches.
Thats where I would stop.

He is at USC at a prime time and he has been blessed with great players, point is valid.

He might not have helped JaMarcus with the fumbles but the LSU team would put up more than 3 pts vs. Auburn with Pete at the helm..

As far as Mcknight, I would not say he went from "ho hum high rated running back to Mr. Everything when he signed with USC", As far as I can remember he was always the #1-#2 RB in the country along with being a top 3 player in the country depending on where you look..Now a days, the top HS players in the country get on TV,See Jimmy Clausen.. ..It is a bigger deal today, Fans pay attention to recruiting....Mcknight just so happen to join the Preseason #1 team in the country, its a big deal..

I'm not silly enough to deny that if he made a commit to LSU that ESPN front page maybe wouldn't have had a big ass picture of McKnight and USC does get a lot of courage from ESPN but for the most part, they back it up on the field.

I don't have a love fest for them but I do enjoy watching USC play and have nothing but respect for what they do on the field.

I'm done beating this topic, we both agree he is top 5 :cheers:

Last edited:
If pete leaves USC they will go back to sucking.. QUICKLY
give pete props

No doubt Carroll is the best college coach to come around in years. Urban Meyer is giving him a run for his money though.

Ah well we can agree to disagree. As Horn put it "no doubt Carroll is the best college coach to come around in years". That is where I disagree.
Show me a school with 3 Heismans in 5 years with one title earned from a CHAMPIONSHIP game. I never said Pete sucked or USC sucked but they greatly underachieved as have most loaded teams in recent memory.

Meyer, Petrino, Rodriguez, Wake Forests and Rutgers coaches have all done more with less IMO. Meyer did it at a place with little to no history and no media established advantages. Then he went to Florida and in no time won the only national title that counts. Meyer blows Pete out of the water after two years.

You wont see Meyer have 3 Heisman winners and only one BCS title and he plays in a conference that requires an A- to B+ effort every single week. But of course THERE IS NO DOUBT that PETE is the BEST COLLEGE COACH TO COME AROUND IN YEARS. Eventually, this whole picture will clear up, NCAA does its job and USC plays scrimmages for a few years and Charlie Weiss will suddenly become the best college coach since Bear.

part of coaching is recruiting. Pete turns these big time guys into heisman winners and first round picks.. There have been a ton of 5 stars who dont produce due to poor coaching etc.

Im sorry Pete hasnt won 100% of his games and 6 straight titles.. I guess he is overrated as a coach :smiley_acbe:

Just curious buddy.. what was uscs record the previous 10 years before pete got there?

Meyer has done more with less? Have you seen the talent on his team..

LMAO you are blasting the pac 10, but then praise petrino at Lousiville. Pete will schedule anyone anywhere and last time i checked he has absolutly demolished the sec schools anytime they have played..

I agree recruiting is apart of coaching. Everyone knocks Mack Brown a ton but he's still recruiting that talent to come to Texas.

Ah well we can agree to disagree. As Horn put it "no doubt Carroll is the best college coach to come around in years". That is where I disagree.
Show me a school with 3 Heismans in 5 years with one title earned from a CHAMPIONSHIP game. I never said Pete sucked or USC sucked but they greatly underachieved as have most loaded teams in recent memory.

Meyer, Petrino, Rodriguez, Wake Forests and Rutgers coaches have all done more with less IMO. Meyer did it at a place with little to no history and no media established advantages. Then he went to Florida and in no time won the only national title that counts. Meyer blows Pete out of the water after two years.

You wont see Meyer have 3 Heisman winners and only one BCS title and he plays in a conference that requires an A- to B+ effort every single week. But of course THERE IS NO DOUBT that PETE is the BEST COLLEGE COACH TO COME AROUND IN YEARS. Eventually, this whole picture will clear up, NCAA does its job and USC plays scrimmages for a few years and Charlie Weiss will suddenly become the best college coach since Bear.

Just curious.. is The sweater vest a bad coach, didnt he have a heisman winner and lost in the title game? Your argument makes no sense. Part of coaching is recruiting, its not his fault he is bringing in top notch players
Who is to say pete couldnt coach at wake and win the same amount of games..You arent gonna go on a run like UCLA did in hoops. No one has ever done what USC has done under this time span so to downplay it is funny to me. I mean who did wake beat this year?
You can hate usc all you want, and say oh the pac 10 sucks and this and that.. but u cant deny the dynasty he has built at usc.. If 2 national titles and about a 90% winning % the past 4 years + a rose bowl win and 4 top 5 finishes is underacheiving then so be it.

BTW Pete against sec schools..
At arkansas 50 - 14 ( First career start for JDB)
Arkansas 70 - 17
At Auburn 23 - 0 ( First career strat for Leinart)
Auburn 24 - 17

You honestly think Pete is scared of the SEC conference? Check out the big games vs ranked opponents the past 3 years then check the margin of victory ( besides texas of course) and its incredible :smiley_acbe:

I agree recruiting is apart of coaching. Everyone knocks Mack Brown a ton but he's still recruiting that talent to come to Texas.
:shake:exactly, even though recruiting and coaching to the univ of texas is pretty easy.. collin always says its the easiest and best job in all of sports for a variety of reasons :cheers:

what does it say about the lsu program that the best kid in the past 4 or 5 years from the state leaves to go to usc, when usc has already about 5 5 star runningbacks..

SEE thats my point right there....you start with is the sweater vest a bad coach. I NEVER said bad poor or anything of the like. Im just saying statues should not be erected over the weekend like you and ESPN preach as often as possible.

How many of those teams you listed in the SEC won the SEC the year in which that game occured? Playing one SEC team the FIRST game of the year doesnt say squat. Thats the ONLY time to play an SEC team.
Arkansas in November is 3 fold better than they are in August....not now and again but every single year. WHY? Because they have been playing in the SEC for three months they have no choice but to get MUCH better.

You got Pete's #? I know for a fact that we can get a home and home with USC if you are willing to agree. We will play it the week before the Arkansas day after Thanksgiving game. Right in the thick of everything when starters are established and the season is in full swing.

Collin always says? ROFLMAO

You PROVE MY POINT abcs........ USCESPN just fucking merge

Have a summer campus in Connecticut. Even split it up into Coasts.
USCESPN for the tree huggers and NDESPN for the butt pluggers.

If you want to talk about underachieving look at lsus teams.. They have been up there in recruiting classes the past 6 years.. and compare their results and winning % to USCS.. :wacka wacka:The SEC was solid this year but the years UGA was winning it was complete garbage. Check the bowl %'s check the top 25's..

Your kidding right? You think LSU would schedule a non conf opponent like the trojans??
They are too busy with UL Monroe, TUlane Arizona and Fresno St :spank:

BTW the year before they played North Texas and Appalchin St non conf and the year before they played troy and arkansas st.. When you see USC and Pete schedule a team like that let me know. Please dont say well the SEC is so tough we need games like these.

I may be mistaken but LSU didnt lose to ANY teams that were not in the Top 10 when they played. Also, BOTH losses were against Top 10 teams on the road.

Now what were the records and ranks and locations of the Trojan losses.

Ironically, they couldnt have been Top 10 teams since the only one USC managed to play was by bowl berth. Not too shabby for the so-called toughest schedule in college football.

By the way Im done now. Arguing with a bandwagon rider of the most glamorized media biased team in world history is like asking Hitler to take off his shoes and socks so he doesn't get blood on your carpet.

I may be mistaken but LSU didnt lose to ANY teams that were not in the Top 10 when they played. Also, BOTH losses were against Top 10 teams on the road.

Now what were the records and ranks and locations of the Trojan losses.

Ironically, they couldnt have been Top 10 teams since the only one USC managed to play was by bowl berth. Not too shabby for the so-called toughest schedule in college football.
I was talkin about previous years where LSU has underacheived.. :shake:

BTW if you think USC is overrated and whatever else so be it.. :cheers:
Maybe they can go 48 - 0 the next 4 years and win every game by 30 pts and im sure they will still have critics

USC the past 4 years..
11 - 2 Rose Bowl
12 - 1 Rose Bowl
13 - 0 Fiesta Bowl
12 - 1 Rose Bowl

If you call 4 BCS bowl games and 48 - 4 record the past 4 years overrated.. or underacheiving so be it..:shake:

I know its not as good as the sugar, peach, citrus but thats fine

BTW the only team who has been remotely on the same level as usc these past 5 years is texas and they proved how hard it was to win with a new qb and with injuries..

Gotta give props where props are due. ANd if Petey retired this week .. he was still a better college coach than spurrier fulmer or any other sec coach

I'm not trying to take credit away from Carrol but lets be honest here...

Are you really saying that if Spurrier was at USC he couldn't produce nearly the same thing...What Pete has done is remarkable but is he the best ever? That remains to be seen... No one would stop that offense with those super natural freaks over there and Spurrier calling plays..When I say super natural, I really do mean it.. (Fullback, former saftey anyone??)

Spurrier won a conference title at DUKE

Spurrier had his success in Florida

Spurrier will win a conference title at SC, I know it pains you to think that but he has been playing with inferior talent, the talent gap is now getting smaller. It wont be a program of eliteness but he will win the East before he leaves there.. Count on that

The first yr at SC, he finished 2nd, this past yr was not as bright but that team couldn't buy beer legally. In 07' they will be 9-3 or 10-2.. Believe that, led by ALL-SEC LB Jasper Brinkley.

Urban will make his mark as a great coach as well, he is just getting started!

Richt is a good coach but Pete is better, same as fulmer, tubberville, miles, etc..

Compare Spurries conference titles national championships and winning % with Carolls..

They were talkin about it on the radio the other day, besides in columbia.. spurrier is the most overrated coach of all time. What big games did yall win.. clemson.. ok.. what else?

Spurrier will win a conference title at SC, I know it pains you to think that but he has been playing with inferior talent, the talent gap is now getting smaller. It wont be a program of eliteness but he will win the East before he leaves there.. Count on that

which one is it.. yall win the east? the sec? With what qb? Is he just gonna magically appear.. are florida lsu auburn alabama and tenny just gonna get worst and hand yall the title .. its great that your optimistic.. but thats an injustice.
Id say Saban >> Spurrier as well..

And trust me I will never be accused of loving Nick Saban but Pete has yet to prove he is a better college coach than Saban either.

Great coaches take downtrodden programs and build them up and create strong programs into the future. Great coaches can be measured in many ways. I just choose not to use ESPNs measuring stick.

Never claimed anything about LSU just presented the overwhelming bias and love that USC and Pete get year in and year out. Notre Dame is no different but they have at least not been proven to be cheating over the past few years. Kenny Irons accepts the same stuff that Bush did and Auburn doesnt see postseason for five years. Worst case, USC MAY lose 3-5 scholarships for a few years. I DIDNT say other programs dont cheat.....I said proven to be ( I consider video and/or audio evidence proof) in recent memory. Is OU going to be facing any sanctions?

BTW steve isnt exactly a spring chicken..how much longer do u expect him to coach..

Compare Spurries conference titles national championships and winning % with Carolls..

They were talkin about it on the radio the other day, besides in columbia.. spurrier is the most overrated coach of all time. What big games did yall win.. clemson.. ok.. what else?

NO THEY WERENT FUCKING COWTERD WAS TALKING ABOUT IT
thats not the radio thats USC Ra Ra noise.

I totally disagreed with COWTERD and we later discussed at work how big of an idiot the guy is. Spurrier was murdering the SEC and no one knew what to do. Got that? MURDERING a REAL conference. Try it before naming your coach and team the greatest dynasty ever. Thats all this is about attaching greatest and best to anything that is USC. Its not just you every ESPN affiliated item is just as guilty. You are just one of their sheep and Im telling you the clippers are ready to go to work.

SABAN would teabag PETEY until he cried his way back to I dont know high school? The Pros sure as hell dont want him. At least the ones that aren't desperate for any bag of bones dont. (See Cowboys)

And trust me I will never be accused of loving Nick Saban but Pete has yet to prove he is a better college coach than Saban either.

Great coaches take downtrodden programs and build them up and create strong programs into the future. Great coaches can be measured in many ways. I just choose not to use ESPNs measuring stick.

ESPN didnt play those games.. Ask OU when they got the beat fuck down if espn had any effect on the score.. ask the mighty michigan team if espn had a bias in the game :down: Such ignorant comments..

BTW im confused.. usc was losing 7 and 8 games a year before pete caroll got there, they werent a powerhouse :spank:

NO THEY WERENT FUCKING COWTERD WAS TALKING ABOUT IT
thats not the radio thats USC Ra Ra noise.

I totally disagreed with COWTERD and we later discussed at work how big of an idiot the guy is. Spurrier was murdering the SEC and no one knew what to do. Got that? MURDERING a REAL conference. Try it before naming your coach and team the greatest dynasty ever. Thats all this is about attaching greatest and best to anything that is USC. Its not just you every ESPN affiliated item is just as guilty. You are just one of their sheep and Im telling you the clippers are ready to go to work.

SABAN would teabag PETEY until he cried his way back to I dont know high school? The Pros sure as hell dont want him. At least the ones that aren't desperate for any bag of bones dont. (See Cowboys)

How many championships did he win .. with those mighty teams? How many times did the almighty spurrier beat fsu and miami?? Give me a break man .. quit drinkin the kool aid

Outside of the record established at one of the longest storied programs in college history what has Pete "Greatest College Coach Ever" Carroll done on the college level?

haha you make no sense.. Petes record was better in the nfl and in college than sabans. Saban actually made the dolphins worst in his 2 years.

LMAO KOOL-AID Your red dress is blinding me.

You are Captain Kool-Aid! Your self admitted Yaggo that roots for the team that is winning and when they lose you jump ship.

Thats fucking pathetic no matter what ESPN thinks.

<H4>[edit] Accomplishments</H4>Since becoming USC head coach Pete Carroll has led a resurgence of football at the University of Southern California. Here is a summary of program highlights:

LMAO KOOL-AID Your red dress is blinding me.

You are Captain Kool-Aid! Your self admitted Yaggo that roots for the team that is winning and when they lose you jump ship.

Thats fucking pathetic no matter what ESPN thinks.
Just curious who did lsu beat this year.. u were sayin oh they lose two games on the road.. They beat arkansas on the road just like usc and they beat nd.. besides that who? They underachieved yet again.. ur excuses and arguments hold no strength..

Steve Spurrier the greatest college coach has 1 title thats it 1..When he played against teams with even talent he got beat.

Im done.. bash USC all you want they will be in the top 5 the next 4 years at least.. and you can continue to hate :cheers:

DUDE where the fuck do you get this shit.

Record this Record that If I beat up a 6 grader for 4 years and have a record of 110-0 and you beat down Mirko Cro-Cop 3 times in a row.

Your 3-0 record means lightyears more than what I managed with 110-0.

In life, you will eventually learn that situations matter. The greatest looking house in the state next to an airport not as nice as my 2000sq ft cookie cutter out in the country. Stroke that ESPN dong and let the BandWagon roll on.

I live in the south ... i see the sec all the time ive prob been to more sec games than u and im sure ive been to more sec towns. QUit overrating the teams. What did tenny do against a bad penn st team? What did Arkansas do against wisky?

Petes record in the nfl 35 - 31 2 playoff appearances
Petes record in college 65 - 12 85%

Sabans record in the nfl 15 - 17 no playoffs
Sabans college record 91 - 42

Spurriers nfl record 12 - 20 no playoffs

U are right those coaches are better coaches zzz

This argument got way further than I plan to go...

I was gone for 10min and you guys got busy..

Please do no try to compare coaching in the NFL and College..I didn't claim Spurrier was the best coach in the world, I said he is one of the best in College.. The games are totally different. When you get a little bit of money it changes your attitude about things. Spurrier's game is cut out for college, its that simple.

With that being said, Pete is a great coach and so is Spurrier. Neither one is done yet so this debate is going no where.

USC will be a top team next yr but they will have their hands full with the other team from LA....A RB still must emerge and the wr's are raw. Sure they got tons of future NFL talent and they are similar to the Yankees of College football but the title isn't theirs just yet.

I understand that.. but their defense is sick and that will win them games.

I am just sayin that its a bold statement to say oh south carolina will win a title real soon when you have guys like Stafford and Teebo in the same side of the division and south carolina will have who? Some guy who has never taken a college snap.. exactly my point. If steve stays and coaches another 7 years until hes in his 70s then maybe but i dont see him stayin too long

Back