Recap of Championship Week...Playoff Thoughts/Rants and Heisman...

I think both of these FF games will be routes. ND lacks of speed / athleticism will be exposed. Don't be fooled by OU's "defense". It's still not all that. Murray will have to really be careful that he doesn't get knocked out of the game by Bama. Those LBs and DBs mean business when they close on things.

Ucf doesn‘t play anyone lol. If you let those jokers in then you‘ll have a mass exodus of mediocre sec teams like miss state leaving for garbage conferences to go undefeated in

Its not a secret conspiracy its openly about playing and beating good teams. Osu beat mich, ou blew out texas, georgia blew out florida auburn etc

Warrior? Tua is so freaking fragile the Jags had a running back once named Fragile Fred and Tua is...tenuous?

Initial line I believe was 9 before it went up to 14...then settled 13-13.5 til the hours before kickoff

I don't put much if any weight on moves between 10.5-12.5

I would think that given Georgia played as well as they could, and bama played as bad as they could, with a gimpy QB for three quarters and a backup for the last quarter that a healthy bama would now be lined north of 14 over a healthy Georgia. They won by 7 banged up at their all world QB position, playing like shit with UGA playing as good as they can .. lol UGA.

Seems meaningless to some but putting UGA over TOSU is ridiculous and sets a precedent for them to do something like this down the line.

I have exhausted my UCF rants over the last 13 months so won't even go there at this point.

8 conference playoff of conference champs and just rotate conference ineligbility. So every so many years the SEC is ineligible and see how they like it to start the year without a chance to be champs.

I would think that given Georgia played as well as they could, and bama played as bad as they could, with a gimpy QB for three quarters and a backup for the last quarter that a healthy bama would now be lined north of 14 over a healthy Georgia. They won by 7 banged up at their all world QB position, playing like shit with UGA playing as good as they can .. lol UGA.
That was my thinking. I hit with UGA and felt mighty lucky, bad line and all yesterday. After that I would be on Bama at 14 in a rematch

Seems meaningless to some but putting UGA over TOSU is ridiculous and sets a precedent for them to do something like this down the line.

I have exhausted my UCF rants over the last 13 months so won't even go there at this point.

8 conference playoff of conference champs and just rotate conference ineligbility. So every so many years the SEC is ineligible and see how they like it to start the year without a chance to be champs.

Yup, it sure does.

will review the rest of this later, but two comments. I would have UCF in. Go review OU's schedule - it's pathetic.

If OU's schedule is pathetic what is UCF's? I can get the argument that an undefeated mid major with a pathetic schedule should maybe get selected over a one-loss P5 pathetic schedule. Simply comparing those two schedules however doesn't make UCF any more attractive or OU any less so.

If OU's schedule is pathetic what is UCF's? I can get the argument that an undefeated mid major with a pathetic schedule should maybe get selected over a one-loss P5 pathetic schedule. Simply comparing those two schedules however doesn't make UCF any more attractive or OU any less so.

I agree. I'm just saying that the same schedule argument that kept ucf out should also have kept OU out and if it doesnt, then there is no reason OU > UCF.

ou blew out texas
200w.gif

I don't get this. Ohio gets to throw out the one game out of nine they want to?
Urban forgot the others.

The bigger picture there is the fact that SEC plays the 2 crossovers.

I wonder why the conference schedule is NEVER mentioned in these shows?

I agree. I'm just saying that the same schedule argument that kept ucf out should also have kept OU out and if it doesnt, then there is no reason OU > UCF.

Yeah, I would be 100% fine with UCF being in over Oklahoma. It would be fairly defense-able actually.

What I would really like is just have a 4 team P5 and a 4 team G5 playoff and that would be fantastic. In the final analysis, the P5 Conference Champs are not equal to the G5 Conference Champs. NCAA needs to reclassify, we have 130 teams classified together when in reality there is little to nothing equal about these teams.

UCF beat Auburn in the bowl last year though. Why would they be completely incapable of pulling off two upsets and winning a playoff?

What you see with this committee is what I want to avoid in government and culture.
What we tell you is best is the best.
Who we tell you is the best is the best.
Individual (individual team/program/school) achievement does not matter. We will decide who gets what.
Results do not matter. We have a goal and the ends justify the means.
The only set and objective rules are that we are the governing body and get to decide and you are not.

It's not just an awful system it is a subset of the worst known systems in human history.

I know you love the underdog and the sport.

8 team

6 would just create issues of who gets a bye.

No byes.

And I'm fine with that. The only thing I don't like about 8 teams is that the committee is making 3 decisions as opposed to one (maybe none) in a 6 team playoff. Let's get back to letting things be decided on the field as much as possible.

UCF beat Auburn in the bowl last year though. Why would they be completely incapable of pulling off two upsets and winning a playoff?

What you see with this committee is what I want to avoid in government and culture.
What we tell you is best is the best.
Who we tell you is the best is the best.
Individual (individual team/program/school) achievement does not matter. We will decide who gets what.
Results do not matter. We have a goal and the ends justify the means.
The only set and objective rules are that we are the governing body and get to decide and you are not.

It's not just an awful system it is a subset of the worst known systems in human history.

Great post.

#VKn2020

Also, if you have played sports at all in your life ... how many times did you beat a person or a team that was technically thought of as "better" than you. How many times did you lose to a person or a team that was technically thought of as "worse" than you? The whole point of sports is to have a set of rules and a person or team compete against another person or team and the outcome of the game results in a winner or loser. That is the ABSOLUTE essence of sports.

I have a good friend who was city MVP in basketball in El Paso. He wasn't tall, he wasn't a great shooter .. but he worked hard, and he was really quick and had great basketball "handles" and he was super competitive. If you took all the players in the city and just lined them up and asked people who the best player was, it wouldn't have been him but he proved he was the best player, even if he wasn't as fast, tall or strong as some of the other best players. That is why they play the game .. it is the soul of sports to go and win or lose on the playing surface and not have someone just say something is so.

And I'm fine with that. The only thing I don't like about 8 teams is that the committee is making 3 decisions as opposed to one (maybe none) in a 6 team playoff. Let's get back to letting things be decided on the field as much as possible.
Yep that's why I like 6

Apples and oranges but it works in the NFL, if you don't get a bye you should be pumped to prove it on the field. 1 and 2, even subjectively, polls or whatever selecting byes is much more important than the other BS that comes with at-large process imo. Unless there are 8 conferences. Only way I like 8. Also gives a bit more credence to the regular season, the worst thing that can happen for my enjoyment of the game is for a regular season loss being irrelevant. So instead of playing the #8 seed we have to play the 5 seed if we lose? BFD. Reg season becomes irrelevant CFB has lost the one thing that keeps it interesting and unique all. season. long.

problem with 6

SEC team will always be 1 or 2 due to the extra OOC game.

That is less of a chance for a loss or extra loss.

So, just say that 1 or 2 is SEC Champ auto.

If Georgia had won yesterday you think they get 1 or 2 over ND? If so, eliminate or make transparent the "ranking" system from the day the season starts as only because of preseason rankings could they be ahead of an undefeated from any of the P5 with a loss

problem with 6

What’s the difference if it’s 8 instead of 6? The same thing you’re saying would happen...SEC would be 1 or 2, and end up playing one of the lesser of the 8. They don’t get a bye, I get that, but they’d still be 1 or 2 based on your thoughts. If it’s just the bye that’s the issue, I understand completely.

problem with 6

How much does the extra OOC game benefit the ACC?

Interesting discussions all around. Seems like everyone is cool with ND sitting there at #3 knowing that they're absolutely not the 3rd best team in the nation and wouldn't be lined as such.

I think having 2 potential blowouts in the opening round kinda sucks.

What’s the difference if it’s 8 instead of 6? The same thing you’re saying would happen...SEC would be 1 or 2, and end up playing one of the lesser of the 8. They don’t get a bye, I get that, but they’d still be 1 or 2 based on your thoughts. If it’s just the bye that’s the issue, I understand completely.
They would have to play 3 games to win the title.

This is the fairest test.

Bottom line.

NCAA Tourney doesn't give byes.

NFL will eventually expand.

Interesting discussions all around. Seems like everyone is cool with ND sitting there at #3 knowing that they're absolutely not the 3rd best team in the nation and wouldn't be lined as such.

I think having 2 potential blowouts in the opening round kinda sucks.

ND won all their games.

They beat #7, albeit 3 months ago.

They played one less game, but so did Georgia and Bama when you consider the conference schedule.

Clemson played a weaker schedule, why are they ranked ahead of ND after the regular season ended?

Eye test is what it is.

The teams that win their games should be competing for a trophy.

I think ND has an excellent chance to be right in it with Clemson.

FYI 3 extra games would need to trim down the regular season too, no way if I'm NFL bound, championship or not, I'm just cool with another game just so the school can get glory, and there will be vital injuries.

What would be great is if stars just decided to sit the whole thing out like Bosa this season and blow the NCAA up

Football ain't basketball

How much does the extra OOC game benefit the ACC?

Yes, I know I keep saying SEC but I guess I am just ignoring the abortion of a conference that is the ACC. It is the 5th best conference this season also with a built in advantage.

Big Ten screwed themselves, no doubt....Delaney is an idiot.

Back