Rangers FIRE Chris Woodward

Yeah I don't know much about him either, was just reading up on him though. It's not like he's had anything to work with though

Yeah I don't know much about him either, was just reading up on him though. It's not like he's had anything to work with though

I didn’t even know if he was manager or gm till I looked, lol. I’d def say that teams record is clearly on the gm not the manager, of course the gm gotta try to blame someone tho!! He like “hey I spent money, why we losing”, “let’s talk bout that, not bout the contract I gave simien which was dumb!”.

In fairness to the gm while we all know the semien contract was fucking retarded the Gray contract gonna turn out being a really good move!! I can’t believe he gave a already in his 30s semien 8 years! Lol, that deal gonna sting for damn near the entirety!

I didn’t think the seager deal was bad cause I think he close to a franchise type guy but still the last 3 years of that deal probably be ugly also!

Jon Daniels is the “man” behind our teams lack of success
Woody wasn’t the best choice but he came cheap thus the hire
Daniels felt getting Semien & Seager would be great they weren’t
we desperately need starting pitching

but as I said there’s much more to his dismissal and I’ll let y’all know tomorrow morning

Jon Daniels is the “man” behind our teams lack of success
Woody wasn’t the best choice but he came cheap thus the hire
Daniels felt getting Semien & Seager would be great they weren’t
we desperately need starting pitching

but as I said there’s much more to his dismissal and I’ll let y’all know tomorrow morning

I feel like mlb managers are incredibly overrated for the most part, even more so now with the pen 3 out rule! It really a baby sitting gig with the occasional buttons the good ones can push! Very rarely does a mlb teams fortunes decided cause the manager, maybe and I mean maybe there a 10 game difference between best in game guys to the worst? Ultimately it comes down to tesm construction and having the dudes to win!!

Semien seriously not even carrying a .700 ops this season! Staring at 7 more years of that gotta be terrifying!! I’d guess he has one good bounce back year but then starts declining again! Unless they talk him into juicing! Be like dude, you got your money, it worth the risk to juice up to give us sone the production we paying for!!

They spent a gazillion dollars this off season so somebody had to be the Fall Guy

Not really,, any reasonable person could argue last off season was just the building blocks and there was still plenty of work to be done, of course reasonable and expectations rarely go hand and hand, as lefty kinda tip toeing around I assume there something off the field related to it? Or just a disagreement In philosophy?

Imo the Only terrible money they spent was the Semien contract. Gray was a great move and think he out pitches the 14 mil yearly average for at least 3-4 those 5 years. I wouldn’t been thrilled to go 10 years on 28 year old Seager but I think he be worth it for 6-7 of those years, he havinv a solid season this year, you could certainly want and expect more for the money but I think the 1st year after guy changes teams for a huge contract are very tough and they generally have much bigger seasons the following couple after year 1.

Even tho the Semien contract is awful I think he will bounce back and be better next year, no way as good as they paying him but at least put up numbers they can live with for a year or 2 before he declines, for their sake hopefully not as bad as he been this season! Imagine 7 more years at 25 mil per of below .700 ops production! Ouch! Lol

Last edited:
2 ppl should get fired just for the Semien deal!! Dunno how nobody in the room didn’t stand up and say “are we freaking sure bout this?”, “Guy is 31 and has had 2 seasons that were close to worth this kind of money! We really think he gonna give us 7 of those as he gets older?”. “Am I the only one who sees this?” Lol

Not really,, any reasonable person could argue last off season was just the building blocks and there was still plenty of work to be done, of course reasonable and expectations rarely go hand and hand, as lefty kinda tip toeing around I assume there something off the field related to it? Or just a disagreement In philosophy?

Imo the Only terrible money they spent was the Semien contract. Gray was a great move and think he out pitches the 14 mil yearly average for at least 3-4 those 5 years. I wouldn’t been thrilled to go 10 years on 28 year old Seager but I think he be worth it for 6-7 of those years, he havinv a solid season this year, you could certainly want and expect more for the money but I think the 1st year after guy changes teams for a huge contract are very tough and they generally have much bigger seasons the following couple after year 1.

Even tho the Semien contract is awful I think he will bounce back and be better next year, no way as good as they paying him but at least put up numbers they can live with for a year or 2 before he declines, for their sake hopefully not as bad as he been this season! Imagine 7 more years at 25 mil per of below .700 ops production! Ouch! Lol
Rangers OVER Win Total For Me In '23!

Rangers OVER Win Total For Me In '23!

Could be, gotta remember seattle is gonna be even better tho. Depends if they do something to help the pitching staff (starters and the pen gotta get fixed!) and where they put the number obviously but in theory I agree as I’d bet a good amount that barring injury seager and Semien have much stronger years than this one. Most players take that year to adjust to the move and be totally comfy which important in baseball since it as much a head game as talent.

Back