Quick note on Ohio State

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
I looked through the posts but didn't see anything so if you already knew this ignore it. CJ Stroud is sitting out tomm OSU/Akron game. Sore shoulder he has had for a couple weeks so they figure they won't need him to beat Akron. The line opened at 49 and dropped today to 48 1/2 so I would guess the books know as well but didn't think OSU would need their starting QB to beat Akron by 50.

To me, I would agree that OSU doesn't need Stroud to beat Akron but I think they will not win by 50. Day would probably run Henderson a lot and if they get ahead by 35 or so then they will shorten the game by more running. OSU defense sucks so that even Akron might get a couple of points so I think Akron +48 1/2 is a good bet. I liked it even before I heard about Stroud. In any event, now you know. GL

I heard someone mention 49 or greater favs rarely cover. Forget the numbers but it was like 1 time out of last 16-18 times going back to the 90s or some shit!!

Also heard someone saying they thought Day wanted to see what they had in other qb before entering meat of the big10 schedule so they were using the shoulder injury excuse. I dunno if there any truth to that?

Back