Pretty Large

counselor

President of Fondy Fanclub
324 WISCONSIN -13.5 vs Minnesota 2:30 PM

I played this as soon as my line came out this morning, and a few must have had the same thoughts I do because it moved to 14 within 30 minutes.

The Gophers have had a nice year...according to HC Tim Brewster, and therein lies the problem. He and his staff have been outcoached the last two games, but continue to blow sunshine up everyone's ass. They beat NW two weeks ago, and we're talking about a 9-1 team heading into Camp Randall, and a fg spread.

This team is still not that good, and even though Brewster (who I am starting to believe more and more is the reincarnation of Jim Wacker (rest in peace)), they are now facing the prospect of battling the injury bug, adversity, and confidence along with the opponent. The talent disparity between the current program and the "upper eschelon" of the Big Ten is still quite large. Brewster may be able to close that gap with a couple more solid recruiting years, but there are two problems:

1. He may end up taking another job down in the next couple of years;
2. There will always be a talent disparity when trying to recruit to Minnesota vs OSU or Michigan or Penn St. or Wisconsin, so it takes a superior X's and O's coach/staff to close that gap on gameday, in-game, etc. to the point of consistent competitiveness.

Wisconsin is pissed about their season. They have to view it as a disappointment with the expectations coming into the season. They're a good team, playing at home, and this isn't Penn St.

They will destroy Minnesota, and I feel as good about this game as I did about the 2004 and 2006 games at Wisconsin when Glenn Mason's troops went in as 7 and 7.5-pt dogs, and got their asses handed to them. I made good money on those games and cultivated some relationships at the muni in the process...
icon12.gif

My .02.

BOL

Ha. I see it was pounded down to 13 throughout the day...

Someone or many obviously read CTG today. :36_11_6:

Good stuff. Whatever

I don't know the reason (or who), but there isn't a good one.

Totally disagree with this one man. Funny we are both going to be against our fav teams. Will get some thoughts up tomorrow but I just think in a rivalry like this game stays close throughout

everyone I talk to about the Badgers (who don't gamble) see Minnesota winning by 2 Tds... I tend to agree as well... Wish I'd have pulled the trigger on the 14's I saw.

yah, i don't really understand how the wisconsin team i saw is favored by 13 over anybody.

ha. I see it was pounded down to 13 throughout the day...

someone or many obviously read ctg today. :36_11_6:

Good stuff. Whatever

i don't know the reason (or who), but there isn't a good one.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

I'm in a slump and it could be karma for me making smartass BARish comments about your plays. I promise to be nicer in the future. GL on your Gophers play.

Want to hug it out? Let's hug it out, bitch.

Totally disagree with this one man. Funny we are both going to be against our fav teams. Will get some thoughts up tomorrow but I just think in a rivalry like this game stays close throughout

The Gophers can't run the football, and they can't stop the run. Decker's injury is definately a high-ankle sprain and will continue to linger. They are undersized on the defensive line, and their linebackers are a weakness. Weber will be limited in his ability to be efficient. They aren't even 1-dimensional anymore without being able to fully utilize Decker.

This team is beat up physically and emotionally. Don't underestimate the emotional aspect, either. The writing is on the wall for this '08 Gophers gridiron addition, and they know it. 7-5. Bowl game. Great turn-around from their 1-11 season, etc. That's the sunshine I was talking about that Brewster and the rest of this staff is blowing up folks' asses. That's fine--and to a certain extent, true--but that locker room knows they were over-hyped and are now being exposed. Minnesota is closer to Indiana than anyone cares to admit.

Much better squads under Mason came into Camp Randall in 2004 and 2006 and got completely dominated. They were rivalry games back then, too. Do you think Wisconsin isn't licking their chops ready to put together a nice little statement game?

I don't want anyone playing this blindly, and I'm just throwing my .02 out there on a team I follow closely. Just don't let the fact that members automatically fade me due to the perception that I have the ability to pick losers as if it's a natural reflex influence your judgment, either.

I'm in a slump and it could be karma for me making smartass BARish comments about your plays. I promise to be nicer in the future. GL on your Gophers play.

Want to hug it out? Let's hug it out, bitch.

If you really think that will get you out of your slump...

:consoling1:

:15_10_5:

Decker's status is unknown, but he couldn't even make it through the 1H...everyone whose played knows about high ankle sprains. There's a chance he won't play...You can't underestimate how big this injury is to this offense...

Whats the injury status?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...QDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU7EaDiaMDCiUZ

Gophers leading receiver Erik Decker will not play Saturday at Wisconsin because of an ankle injury, coach Tim Brewster said today at his weekly news conference.

Decker leads the Gophers with 74 receptions for 892 yards and 6 TDs.

He sat out most of last Saturday’s 29-6 loss against Michigan. The Gophers have lost two straight games after starting the season 7-1.

^^^^

This gonna be an ass kicking by UW.

You hear that pound on the asphalt

Thats me and Counselor jumping off the bandwagon

^^^To be fair, Marlo, I never got on that bandwagon. Not that I didn't get excited, but I knew deep down that the record was tainted when you considered the competition. Looking back and considering the non-conference schedule and the conference competition, how impressive have the wins really been?

They barely escaped Northern Illinois;

Bowling Green has underachieved;

Montana St. is, well...;

FAU has not been the team many (including me) thought they would be.

Without watching a B10 game or really paying attention to the conference, one would probably say the Minnesota wins have been impressive, especially since they won 2 of those 3 on the road.

But Indiana has not followed up last year's effort, and Minnesota was within one or two botched Hoosier possessions of losing that game SU;

Illinois has not been impressive this year, and certainly not the contender everyone was projecting them to be at the end of last season/beginning of '08 year;

Purdue has been a big disappointment, and that loss at home to Oregon after being up most of the game just took the wind right out of it's sails (similar to what the NW loss did to the Gophers).

And, as the schedule would have it, they missed the current first place team in the B10 (Michigan St.) and last week's #3 team in the nation (Penn St.) this year.

Again, I just knew in the pit of my stomach that no matter what the record was, it was misleading. I think what you saw in Illinois and Purdue was a team gaining and playing with confidence. After being exposed, having the injury bug bite them, and having the wind knocked out of them the last two weeks, that confidence is eroded, imo.

^^^To be fair, Marlo, I never got on that bandwagon. Not that I didn't get excited, but I knew deep down that the record was tainted when you considered the competition. Looking back and considering the non-conference schedule and the conference competition, how impressive have the wins really been?

They barely escaped Northern Illinois;

Bowling Green has underachieved;

Montana St. is, well...;

FAU has not been the team many (including me) thought they would be.

Without watching a B10 game or really paying attention to the conference, one would probably say the Minnesota wins have been impressive, especially since they won 2 of those 3 on the road.

But Indiana has not followed up last year's effort, and Minnesota was within one or two botched Hoosier possessions of losing that game SU;

Illinois has not been impressive this year, and certainly not the contender everyone was projecting them to be at the end of last season/beginning of '08 year;

Purdue has been a big disappointment, and that loss at home to Oregon after being up most of the game just took the wind right out of it's sails (similar to what the NW loss did to the Gophers).

And, as the schedule would have it, they missed the current first place team in the B10 (Michigan St.) and last week's #3 team in the nation (Penn St.) this year.

Again, I just knew in the pit of my stomach that no matter what the record was, it was misleading. I think what you saw in Illinois and Purdue was a team gaining and playing with confidence. After being exposed, having the injury bug bite them, and having the wind knocked out of them the last two weeks, that confidence is eroded, imo.

Agree with jsut about everything buddy. The lack of a consistent O-Line and the loss of Decker really hurt as well.

Pretty excited about the big recruits we landed this week though.

I will admit I'm impressed so far with the defensive play (or as impressed as you can be after 1Q). This really has been a fairly remarkable story that doesn't get mentioned much, but Ted Roof has done an outstanding job with this defense when you consider they ranked dead last in the NCAA last year, and have had a +30 turnaround differential from last year.

Really unbelievable.

Thanks to Fondy for mushing my play, too, btw...drunk-ass fucker

I don't know, but I can tell you it is even more disgusting and frustrating for me as a fan after watching the last two weeks.

The only thing that could be worse now is if they blow this lead and end up losing

Signal, regardless if it was "too easy" or "easiest fucking game on the board," you do not need to come post it in a guys thread when he's on the other side. Doesn't matter if he has $10 or a thousand on it, just not necessary. If you were not a regular poster, or you had a history of posting stuff like that, you would have been taking some time off of CTG. I know that's not your style, so please just watch it.

Back