Preseason Notes n Stuff...

GameDay starts the year with the Backyard Brawl

Neither here nor there really, but a GREAT choice despite some marquee week 1 games. With the direction college football is taking, and will continue to take, I appreciate a rivalry such as this getting legitimate exposure. Regional rivalries like this one is what the sport is all about.

Key for San Diego St this year will be their OL; they are going to start 2 guys, C/OT, with extensive playing time, the Center being All MWC. The other 3 positions will be manned by players that have had very little live action in terms of experience. How quickly this group comes together will help chart their season. Say what you will about Burmeister, he is an upgrade and their backs and receivers are both solid. The defense should be up to their usual standards. Losing their all everything K/P, Araiza, naturally hurts.

Also note they open their brand new spankin' stadium this year after playing 2 hours to the north (in Carson) for the last two years.

Last edited:
Neither here nor there really, but a GREAT choice despite some marquee week 1 games. With the direction college football is taking, and will continue to take, I appreciate a rivalry such as this getting legitimate exposure. Regional rivalries like this one is what the sport is all about.
They are doing backyard brawl for 1-hour special Thursday show on opening night. Then off to the Shoe for the first regular season Saturday GameDay for ND/OSU.

They are doing backyard brawl for 1-hour special Thursday show on opening night. Then off to the Shoe for the first regular season Saturday GameDay for ND/OSU.

Thanks for the clarification; actually more in line from what I'd expect but still a decent homage.

Spot on

Key for San Diego St this year will be their OL; they are going to start 2 guys, C/OT, with extensive playing time, the Center being All MWC. The other 3 positions will be manned by players that have had very little live action in terms of experience. How quickly this group comes together will help chart their season. Say what you will about Burmeister, he is an upgrade and their backs and receivers are both solid. The defense should be up to their usual standards. Losing their all everything K/P, Araiza, naturally hurts.

Also note they open their brand new spankin' stadium this year after playing 2 hours to the north (in Carson) for the last two years.
Good notes.

And yes, he is a definite upgrade.

Back